Veeky Forums does Isekai

>Friendly Truck-Kun visits you.
>You are reincarnated into a fantasy world.
>What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=8276
eugenewoodbury.com/shadow/index.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No.

Freak out, probably get depressed, somehow have a body half my age, and for some unexplainable reason have a varied selection of hot girls fall into my life, all corresponding to various Japanese hot girl character stereotypes.

I know that your big twist is "and your death hallucination ends, RIP" so nothing.

Get a girlfrie- Nah. Kill myself. No internet, no life.

Straight played power fantasy or the edgy one?

No being a whiny teen for me no sir.

I would assert dominion over all I see.

Why not invent the internet?
Let’s say it’s generic as hell until you start fucking with it.

Depends. Is this the sort of fantasy world where everyone is stupid but me or the sort of fantasy world where everyone is stupid but me AND I have rare magic shooting out of my dick?

For a start, I would be reincarnated in a sci-fi setting instead.

You don’t get any special powers to start with. But if you can find an exploit you are free to use it.

I don't know my skill level IRL...
Maybe try to introduce plumbing and toilets so I don't have to shit in the woods?

Depends on if I'm reincarnated with my memories and personality, and whether I'm reincarnated as an infant or not. I also can't say much without knowing what the world is like.

So the Mario route?

You are born as a baby, but you start with your old memories and personality. Also it’s standard as standard RPGs get. Elves Dwarves, etc, some Big faroff evil.

Isekaied by some goddess to help fight demon lord or something like it or reincarnated into just because?
Is demon lord female?

Am I a human?

Well I'd start training as a DPS or save and suck wizard and do low tier jobs saving up for training and high tier gear.

If it's that kind of fantasy world, every one of us will die again and again and again. Your average guy cannot stand up to a typical fantasy warrior, who has spent years training to kill people.

Like, has anyone here actually been in a life or death situation? I'm pretty sure that the first orc we run into would account for 99% of us.

>Apparently, because of wizardry and stuff, only earthlings can be trained in the way of sorcery and magica
>Trucks are the abduction enchantmachines used to interview the potential apprentices
>Btw, all wizards being a modern earthlings is the reason why your average magic-user is assumed to be a weirdo who talks weird and is wearing a weird clothes

>Why not invent the internet?
This is isekai. Or the lands-of-the-many-fuck-you. There's not going to be any technology or infrastructure. If there is, it's going to be a part of the ass that is "lost technology" that will be undocumented, hypercomplex and will stop working if you start tinkering. More than likely it's going to spread "radiation" depending on how "real" the god of the particular isekai wants it to be.

It looks like we start as babies.

I'd head to wizard school as early as possible

I mean isn't exactly honest....
You might have the same knowledge and skills you use to have....
But, me knowing how to type and use computers would be useless in a fantasy world....
I mean I can do math,'maybe I'll do something with that, unless they burn me at a stake for being a witch because I can do math...
Also the modern amenities, Electricity, plumbing, etc...wouldn't exist....so you would have to introduce Veeky Forums to this world...
Tl;Dr depends on the setting

Yes.
Let’s say there is some Demon Lord that needs to be defeated, and you are supposed to help, but not necessarilly be the one to defeat them. You could be the guy who gives the heroes indoor plumbing for instance. Demon Lords a dude.

>Btw, all wizards being a modern earthlings is the reason why your average magic-user is assumed to be a weirdo who talks weird and is wearing a weird clothes
This actually makes a surprising amount of sense. I'm assuming that in this scenario, the lack of an industriomagical revolution is caused by wizards wanting to maintain their special snowflake status and keep everyone not of our earth retarded?

In that case git gud, or stay out the way. You have until 16-18 to decide if you actually want to adventure.

So like Merlin from Sword in the Stone?

Dumb otaku manage just fine.

>abduction truckS?
>no, user
>just one truck
>on serial killing spree
>victims under the age of 18 and the odd salaryman/woman
>totally unique to japan

Everywhere else, it's just a wrong door or a bad fall.

Is world like one of those isekais with video game mechanics or not?
Also, Zelazny`s Lord of Light. Although they are "gods" instead of wizards. And it is sci-fi.

No not really.

>The great Magi! Another apprentice has decided to introduce the modern knowledge to the masses
>Damnit it all! What the ministry of abduction has been doing for the last 10 years? It's their job to ensure that enchanttruck will not pick those guys! Send the squad!
>Yes, sir!
>Another newcomer trying to ruin our little paradise we spent so long trying to build, how vexing
>I should ban the access to the internet for all rank1-2 adepts

Have a real fun time or die trying, I suppose. There's nothing I have here that I absolutely couldn't live without.

>

Well, no other option than go wizard for me then. Those arcane secrets arent going to dig themselves up in that power fantasy without me.

I would fuck the truck.

Wait around for the six to eight hot girls that inexplicably want to jump on my dick.

Kill myself again because clearly it didn't fucking stick.

I’ve seen you on another thread. Does your dick give them special abilities?

Find the dragons.

Okay, I know this type of story has been around for years, but I've only seen the term "isekai" fucking yesterday. Was this term always around, and only now getting into the mainstream vocabulary?

>Friendly Truck-Kun visits you.
I-I defeat the truck!

It's been around for almost as long as the genre has been a thing, but hasn't really migrated into the english vernacular until a few years ago at most.

Started hearing it about 2 years ago. Started being mainstream this past year due to market saturation.

That sounds about right to me.

Fuck magic I reinvent gunpowder. I have the rough process for blackpowder down to memory. All I need is ckickens, some sulfur (which smells like rotten eggs), and a bunch of hay.

I could probably never accomplish a gun but making basic TnT and grenades would be fairly easy.

Frankly I wouldn't want to live in a fantasy world without modern comforts, internet, and government welfare.

Cant beat the truck.

I dig it.

I once joined an Isekai game played on 3.pf. I was the only one running something even closely resembling myself, while everyone else was playing stock fetishy genderbends, shapeshifters who turned into fetishy genderbends, or edgy fetishy genderbends.

Bottom line don't play with weebs online.

Oh, and don't play 3.pf. That was a lesson, too

I'd agree. But at the very least... I'd want working toilets and running water. I'd want to live in a hygienic isekai.

It's been around for a long time, with it developing as a genre around the early 80's and with a clear identity around the early 90's, but not really becoming a lazy light novel trope until the 2000's.

Most of the modern connotation of Isekai ignores series like 12 Kingdoms or El-Hazard, and instead focuses on stuff like Zero no Tsukaima, Problem Children Are Coming From Another World, Aren’t They?, and Overlord. We even already have series that parody Isekai tropes, like Konosuba.

>What do?
Live out a peaceful fantasy life as a farmer/merchant/craftsman/engineer with my wife, help out people in my village/town, make a couple kids and die a happy man.
>mfw this is literally unironically my dream scenario
I always loved Rune Factory games, I suppose.

>Why not invent the internet?
Whoa there, satan.

But, user, the most fun kind of isekai is Now and Then, Here and There!

This. Imagine suddenly being transported to Africa, where things you take for granted don't exist and instead there's shit and poverty everywhere.

Become the demon lord using my bullshit powerup that allows me to curb stomp 90% of the population right off the bat and have awesome life or death battles with the remaining 10%.

I'll ally myself with beast and demon races and create a prosperous kingdom in the desolate regions of the earth. Once I'm powerful enough I'll invade the human kingdoms and wage an endless war as a means of propelling technological development and social reforms on the back of a phony war.

After decades of war a rumor begins to form of the arrival of the hero who is prophesied to kill the demon lord. My strongest generals and warriors are killed and my forces are routed until the day comes at last when the hero reaches my castle.

I rise from my obsidian throne and watch it drive into my hall. It's the truck that crashed into me several decades ago on that fateful afternoon. It's come to put an end to what it started. I give a speech extolling my virtue and determination to create a free world for all races. The Truck honks and beeps angrily and we fly at each other at breakneck speed in an all out assault.

An hour later the ruins of my castle are smoldering all around us, tire tracks carved on stone and metal beside sword engraved wounds. I fall to my knees covered in skid-marks, the truck wails sadly and darkness consumes me once more.

I wake up on the pavement, paramedics filing around me. I ask about the truck, they never saw a truck, the truck was just a dream. I know better, I know that the truck chose to spare me. I'll find my way back and take my obsidian throne once more. It's not over yet.

> you are an ordinary NEET with no particular skills
> one day, while you are on your way to the shop, a truck hits you and you lose consciousness
> you wake up in a wondrous city of Detroit
> you don't have anything beyond your clothes
> you don't know the language of the inhabitants of this city
> there is no leaving this place, you are stuck here for the rewt of your life
Would you enjoy an isekai campaign like this?

Depends on setting.

I mean, I'll be dead by the end of the night, so does it really matter?

>CAN'T BUCK THE TRUCK

Become Truck-kun and reverse isekai the people of the fantasy world

>’I was killed by something called a truck and woke up in a world called Japan!?’

>'I was once a part of a loli caravan in a fantasy world and was hit by a truck now I have to work the job of a salaryman while I try to not be caught by the police'
I think that's the right length for a light novel these days.

Hit dat succ pucci

Sorry, but I like Emilia.

I start "inventing" shit. Why doesn't anyone else ever think of this?

>Why doesn't anyone else ever think of this?
This nigga for real?

Just learn prestidigitation, user.

No.

Wasn't there a word of god from Rowling that said wizards in the HP universe just shat their pants and magically cleaned them instead of using the toilet till relatively recently in-setting?

>tell my players to make medieval fantasy adventurers
>one session in, they get run over by a wagon and reincarnated in a futuristic post-apocalyptic setting

Would this work?

Don't do that, just tell them the premise straight.

As if it weren't cemented (in shit) before that wizards are middle-functioning autists.

Yes. But... Use this as your post-apocalyptic setting:

anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=8276

>tfw you realize that all the wandless children couldn't clean up their own shit up until they were teenagers ad had to rely on adult wizards

Anyone ever think of running something like Bokura no Kiseki? In it, an entire highschool class gets the memories of a bunch of people from a fantasy universe, all of whom died in a magical catastrophe. The interesting bit is that there's two opposing factions (the people who lived in a fortress vs the invaders) and a third faction of people from the magic church.

The main character's a princess reincarnated as a dude, and he's the only one who remembered early, so people made fun of him for thinking he had a past life.

>implying parent wizards not absorbed by/dying because of their personal autistic studies that they have enough time to clean the kids up

Die because I can't speak common or write

I don’t understand. Are the Lolis running the caravan, or are you selling the Lolis?

You’d learn.

>Do nothing
>Fuck my queen wife whenever she isn't occupied
Sounds fine by me.

It's a greentext meme. The lolis in the caravan are prostitutes.

Well, the best outcome would be for me to find a smart person who can interpret my vague ramblings about genes and atoms and magnetic fields and so on. I might be able to do some real good with a collaborator who could use some hints regarding questions like, “What is heat?”

Am I the Chosen One like all the other Isekai?

>Yes
I conquer until their is no more land to war over.
Then I attempt to go to a different fantasy world and so begins my trans-dimensional conquest.
>No
Get wrecked by a random mob, fuck I didn't prepare for this shit.

>a baby with the developed mind and self-awareness of an adult
Unless you're gonna say some dumb shit like "personality isn't linked to memories and experiences" or "you just suddenly get your old personality when you're old enough", have fun going insane. Being a baby sucks. It's painful and you have no control over your own fate.

You would go mad.

Anyone got any recommendations for some decent isekai that doesn't immediately devolve into a harem?

Yankee at King Arthur's Court.

Kawazu

Konosuba. Yes, there's three girls, but none of them like him that way, and the MC sees them as a masochist with too much baggage, a retarded little sister, and a friend. Friend gets with him after several volumes though.

>a retarded little sister
Megumin a treasure.
As such, she should be kept under lock and key, obviously.

Find out where the yiffy animal people live.

Start yiffing them.

Three Hearts and Three Lions is a classic and the origin of the Scottish dwarf.

There's one about a girl who becomes a low-level, trash-mob spider and has to cheese out survival. Forgot the title, but it's rad.

Drifters

The Twelve Kingdoms

Translation here:
eugenewoodbury.com/shadow/index.html

Rejoice that I can finally indulge in my xenophilia

I was referring to Aqua actually.

Is the truck in league with the train?

Well firstly I rejoice.
Then I get to work.
I move to the starting city and get a small job there, probably as an adventurer is this is a standard isekai scenario. Spending the bare minimal on the things I need (food, lodging, etc) I start to save until I have enough for my supplies/tools
forge to use, basic metals, saltpetre, nitre, etc
>Phase 2
I then start, using my knowledge, to introduce firearms - simple muskets. These I make and sell on a limited basis, gradually using the power and wealth I gain from this to increase my hold on the town until I am in position to take over.
>phase 3
I make my coupe as bloodless as possible and establish myself as the leader of the town, quashing all dissenters. Then I begin to introduce 16th-17th century tactics to the towns armed forces, removing the focus on 'heroic' combat and training them to fight in formation with blocks supporting each other. Spear and musket essentially.
Over time new weapons (such as breachloading artillery) and technology (steampower) are introduced and integrated
>Phase 4
I now declare my town (and its accumulated lands) an independent state and start a war of conquest on the surrounding towns and villages, using the superior training and technology of my army to swiftly crush resistance.
>phase 5
Now that I have a small number of settlements under my control the kingdom plays its hand and sends its army after me. I lure it into a trap and seek to destroy it in one decisive battle. If I fail then I drive it into a siege situation and crush it with artillery.
>Phase 6
The kingdom falls to me and I continue to expand into neighbouring lands, conquering them one by one until I have built my Empire
>Phase 7
I now rule the world. Establishing my harem of beauties I rule and govern the lands, living out my dream.