Infinity General: Aristeia Cosplay -edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where the spinoff boardgame inspire grownups to dress up as catgirls.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Catalog of fluff, dossiers, and unit models
human-sphere.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Rules wiki (now updated with HSN3 content):
infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup:
mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO-Uv_G4cY91ZfMy3rWOKDQL1cl7YyYzf
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf5JWn6xciCkYcBaTLGs6_FmFiZtCk2zm
youtube.com/playlist?list=gL0RY70TH3C0mb1n3DaRmyToH44sUck

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ
pastebin.com/PJaETXMV

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>The RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

>RPG previews (+ a couple scans)
mega.nz/#F!8pRURayK!Kj16fd7nQhEcaId8hKD4oA

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BxYzjjs6d1s
youtube.com/watch?v=x5Za8HggalY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What will the next January previews be? Any predictions? Prob some knights related.

Believe that a Knights Hospitaliers box had been spoiled and confirmed.

A friend and I are interested in picking Infinity up, the Red Veil seems like a good pack to buy since I like Haqq and he like Yu Jing, is there a recommendation after that to build up our armies to 300 or any tips that we should have before buying it?

Don't fall into the trap of list building before you are comfortable with the rules. It is perfectly OK to play 100 to 150 point games at first.

Are the armies in the box evenly matched? I assume there's enough tutorial missions and rules to teach us how to play the game in a comfortable way.

Balance is less important with smaller, learning level games, because you have fewer models and thus a string of luck can skew the game much more than in a full sized battle. But yes, they're kinda balanced. Haqq is perhaps more of a glass cannon straight outside that box, but as you round your armies it should even out.

Thanks, that's good to know, is 300 the regular limit? What things should we avoid while rounding out our armies? We don't want to arms race each other or get super meta either.

Pretty much finished up with my Marauder. I think going with more extreme edge highlights made it look really good.
As for some tactical advice, what kind of weapons do people usually run with these guys? Do they stick with the heavy flamethrower?

No wrong answers for expansion, though each army has consistently good units, neither has any standout awful units.

Admittedly knowing what you guys like would make it easier to give recommendations.

Haqqislam generally lives and dies on its infantry. It likes trading weaker guys into stronger guys and usually has more men than their enemy. They have tons of flavorful dick ass niche units though that aren't really replicated elsewhere (like the Fiday.).

Yu Jing are high tech fuckbois who wanna be Pan O and want china to rule all of space. They have worthless worthless Zhanshis for their Light Infantry but in exchange have an answer for almost everything. They also have every flavor of heavy infantry. Seriously, want stealthy heavys? Loud Heavys? Cheap heavys? fast heavys? Beast Wars? All the heavy infantry. The trick is you can't take them all at once and your chosen heavys will define your force.

Me and my friend split Red Veil. I took Yu Jing and he took Haqq. We both quickly hit 300 points and have room to play around with lists.

Just try to make balanced armies and not try to "break the game" in some way. Like maxing out cheap stuff like Kuang Shi's or Ghazi Muttawiah. Neither are unbeatable, but can sour the experience, especially for beginners.

Oh, and maybe even more important is to get the terrain set up well. If you don't have ample amount of miniature terrain that fit, papercraft terrain, like what comes with Red Veil, is easy and cheap enough solution, especially at the beginning. Just try to have enough, but not too much of it and such terrain that's easy to play with, that is, not too porous (makes LoF defining a bitch) and that you can plae minis in and on it easily enough.

Well, as the Haqq guy I like the doctor aspect, the Kaplan spec ops dudes seem cool, along with the Janissaries and all those sand warriors. Since Haqq is better with cheaper units are things like Al Fasid and Janissaries too weak? What do sectorials do, also.

We go to a FLGS that has terrain to play with, so we're not too worried.

Just remember that table setup is more of an art than exact science and sometimes it's nice to mix things up. Neither of these boards is perfect, but the "Euro" board just needs some scatter and such to be playable.

Is it terrain specifially made for Infinity etc? 40k terrain can be woefully inadequate for Infinity.

Some of it is, but a lot if it is pretty generic all things considered.

I think it need some colour. Perhaps tint some of the plates and add some wear and tear? Darklining some of the deeped parts might also help.

>40k players say that Euros put on way too much terrain and American put on way too little
>Infinity players say the opposite
Wear and tear might be a good idea, but I did darken up the deepened parts already with Nuln oil. I think it's just not showing up well because my phone's camera is a piece of crap.

Beyond Red Veil box is specifically intended for that. There's also extra missions online introducing the new guys. There's also the YJ/Haqq Dire Foes set that takes the armies from RV directly to 200pts.

That said, if you plan on playing Haqq you'll probably want to get some extra cheap guys as filler later on. Red Veil + Beyond has a ton of Order-hungry units that are all pretty good, but taking them all in one list may not be the best idea. Especially as guys like Khawarij or Zhayedan tend to be glass cannons. And Fiday loves being paired with Saladin. Those funny chicken bots and Kameels make for good Cheerleaders.

Sectorals limit your unit choices, but let your units form fireteams. If you aren't playing a sectoral, each of your units will usually work individually.
Basically they are like subfactions. A regional army or task force within the main faction.

Haqqislam heavy infantry aren't bad. You just will notice that they are not super specialized units. Haqq has 5 Heavy Infantry. Each is badass and worth running if you want what the unit offers. Also they have the Al Fasid, who is man of the year 5 years running.

Yu Jing has over 10 heavy infantry and (almost) every one of them is great at their niche with very little overlap. Yu Jing just has a wider more specialized pool of Heavy Infantry to choose from.

Yu Jing will always love and live for their Heavy Infantry. Haqqislam loves light infantry (who are cheaper).

Where Yu Jing is spoiled for choice on their heavy infantry. Haqqislam is spoiled on their light infantry. You have basic light infantry (Ghulam), Elites Light Infantry (Kaplan), Irregular light infantry (Daylami), Operator Light Infantry (Muyibs), Sexy Lights (Odalesques), and spring heel jack light (Khawarijs), Spring heel jack's leader Captain Islam (Taric "big dick" Mansuri/ The Mansurian Candidate).
And I've left out like half their choices, all perfectly awesome light infantry units. Also Ghazi. Fucking Ghazi.
Flame Ghulam, Car Ghulam, Zheyedan (the coolest guy ever).

I've seen this pic with the images reversed, to the point that I don't even know which one is supposed to be the parody anymore.

Had an Aristeia question I didn't get answered:

I know there are metal minis in the collectors box.

Are future mini sets going to be all plastic? Or are they going to be all metal? Or are there going to be limited editions of all the characters in metal?

That's the original. It initially inspired this pretty embarrassingly butthurt response. Proof that Americans being thin skinned isn't just a dumb meme.

Nobody knows.

>Proof that Americans being thin skinned isn't just a dumb meme.
>When I said it was a joke, but now they are meme'd back and its obvious they are butt hurt and not joking.

>Need brains
>LOL I PUT SNIPER HERE AND HMG HERE! GOOD LUCK FAG

Yeah, really hard decision making there.

Woah....I mean.

I know my people are not thick skinned, and there are deep seated cultural reasons for that, but holy shit I can't stop laughing at that image.

I feel like both types of tables are playable in Infinity, which is a testament to their balanced ruleset. Why the fuck is it captain america for the top? I can't tell if it is an actual response or some deep level meta troll simulating an American response. I could totally image some American guy with more money than brains buying a plane ticket to a European tournament or something and being pissed at their tables.

The America board is almost perfect. Just needs to remove 3 boxes.

But America is right, tho.

Well, the starting point was some burgers whining how their poor performance in the first Interplanetary was due to the thinned table layout. That inspired the first image and it was quite soon followed by the latter pic, in a pretty passive agressive forum post. If you look closer both pics, you notice that the upper is more tongue in cheeck, with boxes over boxes in comical fashion, while the lower pic is quite more hostile and belittling in tone. So yes. Burgers are pretty obviously the bottom bothered ones in this instance.

Is that the image they have from us? i play in different spanish gaming stores and they like to fill up the map with terrain...

I'm sorry.

Dude, the second one is over-the top with obvious cherry picked images, emotionally charged language, and hyperbolic arguments. I see how you can think that it is being serious but to me it is clearly being goofy.

In my experience a good table should make sure there's no cross-table firelanes, but be lose enough to offer a few AD points and allow a Maghariba to get through. A good rule of thumb is to tilt the terrain rather than placing it straight with the table. And of course remember to make it uneven, so that choosing Deployment rather than Initiative has value.
I forgot what was the official suggestion, 8-10 big pieces and 6-8 scatter?

It's official. Spain is new America.

Goodbye bread, hello rice!

Here's another one. Those tables are from Rumble on Route 66, an American tournament.

You weren't there...
It was the great fight of the era, comparable to the "Sexual objectification in Infinity"....

That official suggestion seems good. How do the tournaments do their terrain?

Yeah, Americans can get worked up over shit and be over dramatic, but in this case it wasn't serious.

I can't help but think that if I can hide my Guija around a corner, then safely jump out, flamethrower a whole section, and be fairly certain that a heavy weapon team will need to move to see me, thats a little too much terrain...

Funny thing about tables is that they often look empty from above, but once you get down to model level you realize how dense they actually are.

Maybe if Infinity players and sculptors weren't so ridiculously sexist, we wouldn't have had to have the objectification discussion either. The male gaze should have no place in tabletop gaming, and it's disgusting that it does.

Is that Blood Gulch?

And here's some from Poland, taken from a Warsaw player's FB page.

I'd reduce some of the bigger terrain pieces (not much, couple of modules there and there) and would add more scatter in return. The roofs especially are pretty barren and offer no cover from each other.

This is more of my cup of tea, but I don't get what the purpose of the roadblocks are. Also pretty sterile color wise, but our group might just be more lucky in that regard. Also lol ate the right maze table.

You can see it's Polish by the amount of ZenTerrain.

the thing I don't get is why does it have to be either or?

I'd wanna play on tables that are set up a little different each time.

Oh yeah, the maze table. That's a solid WTF bro. Though I like the modularity.

As for the roadblocks: one can fall prone behind them.

For me it's because I have seen a single Sniper dominate the entire map through AROs.

Another Polish one. Note that Poland is also prone to supersaturate tables, which gave birth to the Kurwaspam in the first place.

I agree, the male gays are a problem.

Last one for now.

>ridiculously sexist
>The male gaze should have no place in tabletop gaming, and it's disgusting that it does.
Pinups are not sexist. It's also a hobby that is 99% a male thing. So hardly surprising. 'The male gaze' is not an inherently evil thing.

Honestly, if you are an adult I don't see why anybody would feel threatened by a miniature. Male or female.
That's ridiculous. So much in fact that I think you are baiting.

Well if the table is completely empty I get that. But even if you don't have a lot of big terrain features a little scatter terrain like oil barrels and what not can go a long way.

I've never played Halo so I never made that connection. But yeah, seems so.

This is a hard table to judge from this PoV, but those sniper towers do raise concern.

A bit too with the minimalistic paintjob. Leftmost building complex controls the table a bit too well, while having a bit weak accessibility. Also a bit too gridlike layout, I feel a mit more randomness would create a better board with more mixed firelanes.

Well, Poland is the homeland of kurwaspam, so no surprises here. Again a bit too big complex in the middle.

Nigga, Zen Terrain is pretty popular all over the Europe. A bit too barren table near the right edge. some small building would suffice.

Hah. This looks more like a RPG-board than wargame table.. Pretty execution, but c'mon.

Kurwaspam indeed.

Too much terrain imho, but would need to redistribute the terrain after taking some out. Also more colours.

I've played on this table a lot. The flat roofs and rounded corners make it harder to get cover than it looks, not to mention the stairs you technically can't stop on. Otherwise though it's a great example of density and fire lanes.

What's the best knightly order and why it's this?

The Best of orders no doubts

Teuton

Fuckers don't give not fucks about sepsitor.

:(

youtube.com/watch?v=BxYzjjs6d1s

Templars, duh.

because they ded

>So much in fact that I think you are baiting.
They pretty obviously were yeah.
As a good rule of thumb; if there's some dumb shit like that and everyone hasn't chomped down on it already then it's probably stale bait.

>I've won more games starting off in Infinity then I have in any other Tabletop game
I don't get it.
Maybe it's more balanced armies when starting off?

The game itself is pretty well balanced

Point levels, models, and missions in combination or removal can make things easier or harder.

I know when I started I struggled initially because Haqqislam, until Red Veil, starter wasn't that great at strictly killing stuff and things I added were more skewed toward objectives but the group were still getting their feet wet on the basics.

Basically, look at what your shit can do, and then see what missions would either be very capable for you or it's a vertical wall and all you have to climb it is a boogie board.

I finally don't have prepping for a few 40k tournaments nor a move in to take up my time so I'm finally getting around to working on my favorite unit's model.

You guys helped me pick out the scheme so I figured you'd like to see it in progress.

So what are you guys working on?

Working on my army box

I got the Beyond boxes last month and they're still sitting unopened. Haven't felt like working on things and work has taken up a lot of time to play.

Guess I'm just in a slump until I find some time/motivation.

perfect if you play a faction with a ton of chainrifle .

do it faggot

You can't tell me what to do! You're not my real dad!

youtube.com/watch?v=x5Za8HggalY

If you want to see perfect table density, look at the range of tables at interplanetary. Lots of interesting ones and they definitely vary.

>Nigga, Zen Terrain is pretty popular all over the Europe.
I'm pretty sure the terrain I posted was specifically supplied by ZenTerrain. I pulled the pic off a profile of a guy who organizes tournaments and leagues and always seems to find new terrain companies to plug or sponsor the events. He's probably on first name basis with ZenTerrain people. Note how it's in the same colours as their photos on the site.

Creating good relationships with terrain manufacturers isn't hard. Most are more than happy to sponsor events etc. Especially when you run a store or a club.

YES I AM FAGGOT

Why didn't you come back with those smokes?

I understand the general consensus is you want to go first.

However would infiltration lists/hidden deployment not prefer to go second? So you get perfect placement of your infiltrating pieces and cause your opponent to second guess every advance in fear of SURPRISE INSTANT DEATH NINJA.

Nah, if you set it up right then there are still good spots for a sniper to ARO

It really depends both from scenario and list. Some scenarios favor the player with a last turn so, that it might be worth it, especially if you believe your list can take the brunt of being hit first. But both deploying second and going second can be a bit too much.

Assuming the sniper doesn't have a Ninja hiding up his ass or waiting in the spot he wants to move to.

The problem is Americans can be very goofy even when they're not meaning to.

>building placed randomly in the roads

This is triggering me way more than it should.

This. It's basically Poe's law -the Nation.

What's the manliest sectorial?

My LGS closed down a week or two ago because the owner wasn't paying taxes. It was the only store in the city that did infinity.
What am I gonna do, bros? I don't want the group to die.

These guys

Set up a table at home and open a google group.

B-but I can't possibly hide all of my lewd figmas

Use them as Nomad statues

Are the versions of the rpg pdfs in the folder the latest versions?

I kek'd heartily.

Organize with the other players and see who would have decent amount of space. Or have people rotate as host so it isnt always the same person. If it falls to you, hide your shame before anyone shows up, duh.

Morats, duh. Even their few women are manlier than the average human male.

But they aren't human. They probably use 'manly' as an insult.