City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casting
games-workshop.com/en-CA/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Factions-Guide
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Now that Forgeworld is building a team just for AoS what do you think they are going to do?

So, now that we have the four warbands for this year, which one do you think is the best in AoS so far?

more chaos dwarves

they're all incredibly inefficient to the point where you won't see any of them

Don't get my hopes up, we all know it's more stormcast/khorne

>nuGW and its spawn
>releasing other than lamecast for fantasy

What would a forgeworld stormcast even be?

If they put out a stormcast that is the size of a rogue idol I'll buy three

Since AoS forgeworld has released a greater khorgorath and chaos dwarf stuff, 0 samecast

It's possible that an AoS FW team is just making another warhammer quest but given what they've added and expanded in terms of actual forgeworld release it LOOKS like they're focused on chaos dwarves and fimir

Eh, I can see myself using the 'ard Boys one, 80pts is pretty reasonable for a unit that has both shields and (mostly) dual weapons plus a pretty good boss.
It also means I can use something besides a Warchanter to spend any leftover points.

sweet skeletons, how much will they be?

>stormcast giant
I didn't know I even wanted that, but now I do.

The SCE one isn't horrible. They make decent and cheap-ish troubleshooters.

FW AoS stuff has largely been repurposed Fantasy stuff.

BEND OVER SLAVE

Greater Khorgorath was originally supposed to be a K'Daii destroyer for Chaos Dwarfs, but then turned into Khorne. The Chaos Dwarf model that was released was made of leftover bits from the original K'daii. They aren't focusing on Chaos Dwarfs.

>The SCE one isn't horrible. They make decent and cheap-ish troubleshooters
What a surprise that only the SCE team is viable in AoS...

I would like to see the god trees for the Sylvaneth and the parasite engines for Skryre.

Stormcasts, a bunch of Khorne and Nurgle, a new ultraexpensive army with retardedly big monsters. Fimir maybe?

And conversion kits. A shitload of conversion kits. Pauldrons like there is no tomorrow.

And Chaos Stormcasts Eternals.

>Mfw Brayherd battalion box has only 360 points of models
Fuck, they are to cheap point wise to be a good option for a poorfag. Even with two battalion boxes and two heroes I will have not enough stuff to play 1k pts

No please, not Chaos Stormcast, that's just a bad idea all around.

Death Stormcast is where it's at.

what are some cheap armies to build to 1k?

It's Forgeworld. You know it's going to be Chaos. Embrace despair and buy some Nurgle Plaguecasts.

A lot of armies are cheap for 1000pts games
Nurgle daemons (2x SC + Epidemius)
BCR (2x SC)
FEC (2x SC or SC + 2 skirmish boxes)
SCE (starter set + SC)
Khorne mortals (starter set + SC)
Khorne daemons (2x SC and a box of bloodletters IIRC)
Ironjawz (SC + Skirmish box + Megaboss)

To be fair, they're all viable in some way, bar the Sepulchral Guard, who are just pure dogshit rules-wise.
- Liberators have high damage with a small footprint and are flexible enough to handle lesser monsters or heroes.
- Bloodreavers add an easy Bloodtithe point and the champion can cause a couple of mortal wounds.
- 'ard Boys are a cheap unit to fil out the last spare points and combine two loadouts in one unit.

orruks are allowed to mix weapons in their unit anyways

almost anything

why are people telling others to buy the SC! SCE, it doesn't make any sense, thunder and blood is the same price and it comes with more stormcast

I totally forgot about this box desu - my bad

True, but these guys get those benefits to the last twin chopa-armed guy. It's not huge, but a neat bonus, I think.

Any Krautanons here? How would you translate Stormcast Eternals in German?

-cast? What does that even mean?

cast means thrown. As in thrown dice/thrown from the storm/thrown from heaven.

Why would you want to translate the invented name?
>What does that even mean?
Storm + casted

because all stormcast must hang

>-cast? What does that even mean?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casting

I thought it was "cast" as in "cast in the form of", or like being cast from a mold or die.

It also has to do with forging. Its a metalworking term

hey guys i've never played warhammer before but my wife and me would like to get into aos. know how long is a match between two starter boxes? is it a fast paced game or does it take several hours?

Cast is the noun for something that has been casted (like a bronze statue, or the actual Stormcast miniatures). Casted (sort of like crafted) by the storm.

Sturmgeschmiedete Ewigwährende

The first game gonna take some time but if you learn the rules small games will take about 45 minutes I think.

Sturmgeschmiedete Ewige or Sturmgeschaffene Ewige, I'd say.
But GW doesn't translate names anymore, which makes for awful reading.

Cast is meant as 'gegossen' in this context, such as cast-iron means 'gusseisern'. It is to be taken more in a 'forged, made using' sense here, though.
Basically, think 'Sturmgeschaffene Immerwährende', for example.

Stormcast Eternals TM

shadespire is super fun, but how do i git gud with khorne? stormcast slap my shit every time

Suck less. Khornates are better unless you rush in like a dumbass.

Got any tips? Stormcast always play defensively and force me on the offense

So my friends and I want to try miniature wargaming, because one of my friends has autism. Any tips for starting? I've DMed stuff before, so has another person. What are we in for?

miniature wargaming is not just gaming but also a hobby

Do you want to build, paint, collect, read lore, and play strategy games using those miniatures? You don't have to like every aspect of the hobby - lots of people just build and play, or just paint and read.

If so, look at getting one of the starter boxes - if you dont like the factions in the starter then check out the Start Collecting boxes for a good way to build a specific faction

All the major Age of Sigmar factions can be found here:
games-workshop.com/en-CA/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Factions-Guide

- play defensively
- gang up on targets of opportunity
- engage on your terms
- use your shitty cannon fodder guys to force the opponent into awkward situations
- bait like a motherfucker
- use your cards sensibly
- learn to love Saek

Have GW specified which? As they are literally cast out of storms when they do their not-deepstrike deployent so that was my assumption. Did GW say they were literally formed/forged in storms or were made of lightning in some way?

>What are we in for?
Wargaming is 10% of games and 90% of hobby like painting, kitbashing, bitching about stuff on Veeky Forums or tga etc. You have to know that you will spend money not only on models but also on paints, brushes, drills, magnets etc.
Is it more expensive than other hobbies like mtg? Yeah - if you are playing pauper or casual commander. Wargaming can be pretty cheap if you don't want to buy everything right now.
- You should guys start with a start collecting box each or split the starter set if you like these factions. That's a good first step - not very expensive, gives you plenty of models to practice painting etc.
- Equipment. You need a hobby knife (~$2), few brushes (~$2), plastic glue, plastic clippers, hand drill (~$5) and magnets (~$1). You can find all these stuff on aliexpress.
- Paints. You don't need 20 of them. What you need to start is a spray primer, 2-3 base colours, 2-3 layers and a shade or two. That's it.

>I've DMed stuff before, so has another person. What are we in for?

Honestly you guys can have a lot of fun if you want to push it towards tabletop RPG type stuff
Wargaming is more of a system, it's a set of rules which you can use to have fun with.

If you guys want you can just smash models together on the table while rolling dice, or you can do things like draw up a map, set up kingdoms, roleplay diplomatic meetings with one another, settling disputes and border wars with games.

Or you can go hyper competitive, pickup GHB2017 and play tightly balanced games trying to discover new strategies and paths to victory.

Or you guys can just amass a collection of NPC models for your TTRPGs and use inches as measurement for movement when you have tabletop battles, eshewing the grid for a more natural tactical feel as you build scenery to embellish your encounters (and it doubles as wargaming terrain).

Really wargaming isn't any one thing, it's a huge mashup of several hobbies. Building, Painting, Collecting and Playing.

How you play will be different to how other people play. Most often people like a variety and maybe one day they have a huge narrative battle where they wrote an actual physical letter of challenge to the other warlord and the next day will be "tournament" practice

If it were the latter Stormforged would seem to make more sense to me than stormcast. Who knows maybe it references both?

>Is it more expensive than other hobbies like mtg? Yeah - if you are playing pauper or casual commander.

Commander decks can be thousands and thousands of dollars, and some of these aren't even full foil decks.

Also MTG rotates cards, where as in wargaming your models are never invalid, they'll always have rules, wargamers are a lot more forgiving of proxies and even before you play wargaming lets you "get your moneys worth" of entertainment by building and painting.

Magic is a game. Wargaming is a hobby.

It's definitely a play on words for both.

Given that they're stormforged warriors and they deepstrike from lightning clouds

Special weapons. You get more bodies with T&B, but if you build your list up to 2k only buying monopose sets you'll be suboptimal due to the lack of grandhammers etc.

>Commander decks can be thousands and thousands of dollars, and some of these aren't even full foil decks
Why do you think I used a "casual" word?

Its both.

Sigmar uses the power of celestial storms to reforge mortals into his super soldiers and then casts them into the realms to fight against chaos

They arrive on the battlefield through lightning strikes

Prosecutors throw their hammers, grab lightning bolts, turn them into celestial hammers, and then throw them again

So they are both "cast" from the storm, and "cast" into battle through the storm. It's surprisingly good wordplay.

if you want special weapons then go with the raw boxes, SC! is such shit value for SCE

Thanks. It still feels clunky. The name really doesn't translate well into German. Even "Sturmgeborene" sounds weird. No wonder they opted with keeping the name in English only.

If you're going that casual there are board games which emulate magic-like-gameplay and are far cheaper and more fun.

Even pauper MTG is really expensive due to the rarity of old commons

Should get both

You can use the grand weapons from the SC! box to get enough grandhammers for every liberator unit.

You'll want at least 1 relictor in your list, those prayers are insanely good.

Then you pick up the 2 liberator box and you've got a decent starting force.

>If you're going that casual there are board games which emulate magic-like-gameplay and are far cheaper and more fun
I have spend $20 on my EDH Iroas deck and I don't feel like not having fun

face me then, I'll show you my jace tms and loads of other fun cards

Khorne.

That's it.

>you have to use fuckin expensive cards to have fun in casual games
I see no point in facing you

they're not expensive if you got them when they came out :)

>refusing to play with someone because they happen to have fun cards that you don't
I see no point in facing you

guys after getting myself hyped for some slaves to darkness I feel like the sigmarines are looking really good to me. what is happening? help me get over the sigmarines I DONT want them

Well, who'd want a versatile force with a large selection of models, multiple ways to approach force collection *and* list building? And all those conversion options, assured support and guaranteed updates are shitty, too. That really sounds awful!

user, all jokes aside Sigmarines are good: good selection of models, good variety in lists, good number of plastic models, few in number, maximum "your guys" effect. They're tragic heroes, doomed to fight and die, fight and die, again and again, each time coming back a little less humans. Yet they still keep fighting. Because it's the right thing to do. They're the sword and shield the free peoples need, they oppose raw destruction, barbarity and horrible enslavement to forces too horrible to comprehend. They're heroes.
You know you want them, and you know why you want them.
Search your feelings, user. You know it to be true.

There is literally nothing wrong with Stormcast Eternals.

There is nothing wrong with SCE. You fall to jewcast meme

Soon

Nice try.

Someone give me a really cheap army
Like right now, I want the cheapest 1000 you can find

SCE are basically upscaled StD with way more models you can choose from, a huge amount of lists

Sorry mate, not this time. SCE are a newbie-friendly faction - easy to collect, paint and run. Also they have nice lore but this is my subjective opinion

See

Is it possible to go even cheaper? I don't care if my army is super effective, I just want to spend less than $200.

So I've FINALLY unlocked the Kongo, I'm sick of playing with the Myogi

I've still not used her though, what should I expect?

I'm quite hyped because i've heard a lot of good things about her

split a starter set and storm of sigmar with someone

I think you're in the wrong thread.

Mate - Start Collecting costs $85 on GW site. Online stores and LGSs usually have 15-20% discount on GW boxes. Every army that has a start collecting box can be played below $200.
The cheapest option ever is 2x Spire of Dawn. You can sell spare square bases and aelf models an end up paying 40% of the cost for a ~1400pts army

>being this Slav

Fuck

Thanks, I'm in both threads at the same time and got confused

Sorry, forgot to mention I'm living in Canada
I would order 3rd party, but the guy who owns the store is a good friend of mine.

Tell me, are you playing at GW store or LGS? If LGS - do they have a discount?

A shame then the rest of the factions didn't get that treatment

GW store.

I mean, Fyreslayers did.

They're Slayers, from the realm of Fire.
They're on fire.
They slay things.
They have fire monsters that slay things.
They were founded by a big fire beast being slain.

Well mate, you are the lucky one. Spire of Dawn is available in Canada. If you have $200 buy two boxes.
I bought two boxes for 450 PLN in total. I sold aelves half for 220 PLN and spare square bases for 80 PLN. At the end of the day I get ~65% of my money back. You will have two blocks of 40 clanrats (battleline), 4 heroes, 4 weapon teams and some moulder stuff. It's a great way to build a mixed skaven army that can be re-organised into mono-skryre army one day

Does anyone know of any good beastmen (bray and war herd) lists to counter seraphon? Particularly Bastiladons as they look nasty on paper.

But the Dorfs got shafted and still got the Space Wolf treatment. Only where Space Wolves were 'everything wolf' dorfs got 'everything gold -
'Ur-Gold' instead of say 'Grimnite' or 'Divine shards'
'Aether-gold' instead of 'Aetheric gas' or 'Helium'
'Oath gold' instead of....gold.

It's like dorfs had to be the ultimate jews and weren't allowed to want anything if 'gold' wasn't in the name somewhere.

Then there's Khorne with 'blood'. You got Bloodwrath with the Bloodlord on a Bloodthrone leading a Bloodhound of bloodwarriors and blood reavers supported by bloodcrushers. It starts to get silly.

fucking lizardmen
my friend just said he can use some bullshit combo to teleport behind me turn one for 24d6 shooting attacks and then gets a free shooting attack again if i try to charge him

Ur-Gold makes sense, as it's gold made of their ancestor.
Aether-gold is good because it links aethyric science to dwarfs love of gold.
Oath gold is actually a WHFB thing, so there's nothing wrong with the sequal having it.

Guys . How can i use hellbrutes models in AoS to converten to what ?
iam trying to make nurgle army

What are some good 3rd party online stores in Canada anyways? I have a sudden urge to start Beastclaw raiders

Bruh I fucking know right, its bullshit. I'm thinking of using ambush to flank him and shoot the fuck out of him