Infinity is the most balanced game I have ever come across, why is it not more popular?

Infinity is the most balanced game I have ever come across, why is it not more popular?

Anime aesthetics put off people where I'm at.

Otherwise it's just not as big as other games. But it's certainly gaining here and there.

I haven't been able to get anyone in my area interested in it, and I'm not going to invest in a game with no players. But there won't be players if nobody invests in it, so I guess it's a chicken-and-egg situation.

>Anime aesthetics

Not all models you could look at and say "Bet a Korean drew that for a Japanese producer" but a lot of the models do, and for a lot of people they saw the older models and swore the game off entirely on that.

Hard to push a game when people's bias gets in the way.

Because you equate balance with fun. which is not. This is why multiplayer games get judged on rosters. Also the game rubs people off the wrong way by harshly punishing mistakes, bad rolls, and hidden information. The game's also ridiculously complex and the demand for proper terrain so strong; it makes start-up very daunting.

I don't know what you're talking about, everyone I've shown the art to are scrambling to figure out where it's from.

The developers don't know jack shit about the theology of their real world religious factions. I could care less, but it really breaks the immersion.

>I'm upset that the muslims aren't rabid dickheads

That's what you're getting at right?

Too many fucking rules. They could really do themselves a favor and cut down the number of skills and cut the number of levels per skill (or even just the entire skill level idea entirely).

It just seems pointless to have a super tactical system and then throw tons and tons of special rules on top. If you played with nothing but 10 point grunts it still has more tactical depth than any game of 40k or Warmachine. It really doesn't need ten different kinds of deep strike, etc.

It's a game not a hobby.

>No Conversions
>No Your Dudes
>No Good Fluff
>Only Skirmish, no huge battles

It's fine but will always remain a niche Skirmish game.

>Because you equate balance with fun. which is not
>t.GWcustomer

>>No Your Dudes
>>No Good Fluff
Lolwut?

It's more in the promotional art, which is all the shit that people are going to see. Like, look at the box art for Red Veil. It makes the game look like a weebfest instead of gritty tactical combat.

Oh shit I forgot
>>No Conversions
So as anywhere, all now using monopose

How can Ahl Fassed be so fucking based?

Why so aggressive, that's not how you get people to join a community.

>It makes the game look like a weebfes
More like just cartoonish, since most of modern western sh cartoons looks more weeb

>implying Haqqislam isn't a fanciful liberal kumbaya vision of Islam

It's actually a problem with all of the factions with anything explicitly religious in them, really. But it's a goofy sci fi setting so who cares.

I can see this. Terrain is a very big deal and the game has a lot of moving pieces. You don't need to know 100% of the rules to play the game, but its still daunting to look at.

>Why so aggressive
There is no agression in calking things their names. Only GW fans will unironically defend shit balance ruined by powercreep a "fun"

The thing I've told people when getting them into the game and they see that is not everything in the book happens each game and the game encourages conversing with the opponent to keep information clear.

That latter one has been hard to train into people since they're coming from other games where you don't talk to the opponent a lot.

Also infinityfags are insufferable. They spend all their time shitting on people's game but oh lord, if anyone dares to criticize their sacred game.

Besides. It's not like infinity's balance is water tight as they make it out to be. ALEPH v Combine comparison is a joke.

>I'm upset that religion looks differently in the future

Literally retarded

>everyone has been exactly the same for thousands of years no religion has ever changed in any way

t. avg Ameriflab

>criticize
To criticize you need to have arguments.

idk, the massive list of skills and gear seems daunting, but you don't even need to know 1/10 of it all. Just know the rules for your guys and communicate with your opponent. The language of the game is super clear with how the different abilities function, so I've never had conflicts with weird interactions.

Now that I think about it, the clear language is pretty impressive when you factor in translations.

What? I don't give a shit about Islam, it's that they assumed every Christian denomination under the sun would willingly fold under the Catholic church. Stop with the /pol/ boogeyman.

Tbh that looks pretty anime

N3 was a big improvement.

But my god the first print run of N1 and N2 rules.

The first two are legit, the second two say you are a fag.

Or any game designers worth their salt. Do you think fighting games and class based shooters became popular due to balance?

>it's that they assumed every Christian denomination under the sun would willingly fold under the Catholic church
Well, Corvus Belli is a Spanish company, so that explains things. They even wrote the backstory so that Europe and America have an economic collapse while South America and South-East Asia become one big political superpower, leading to the resurgence of Catholicism.

Exactly. Weeb shit. They look at it and think it's going to be goofy instead of intense.

>Do you think fighting games and class based shooters became popular due to balance?
Nope, they became popular ecause of interesting gameplay, joke, poorly balwnced tt game ca not have interesting gameplay

>They spend all their time shitting on people's game but oh lord, if anyone dares to criticize their sacred game.

Source?

So basically like Warmahordes or 40k

They assumed? Did you even read the lore?

Which you would know about if you weren't such an insufferable fag with ears and eyes jammed with hamfingers.

My new argument is that people like you are why infinity will never be popular. Because the playerbase will not allow for anyone other than those who already drank the koolaid

Open a thread complaining about the last GW models. It will fill up with infinifags ready to shit GW in no time. It will also move four time the speed of their dead general. We had lot of them the last month.

Read the thread

>My new argument is that people like you are why infinity will never be popular. Because the playerbase will not allow for anyone other than those who already drank the koolaid
And that's not an argument too my "it have to be broken and borring to be fun"-friend

What?

Dude, go ahead and look up Operation Red Veil. Then look up Dark Imperium. Then Warmachine Two Player battle Box.

Then, post all three for us to see.

>GW releasing shit models for high price
>GW fan starting damage control therapy and claiming that GW are still best models
>few Infinityfags shows them superior scuplting
>reeeeee! I need a safe space

> It will fill up with infinifags ready to shit GW in no time

Dude, there is an archive. There are threads right now whining about GW models. Show evidence. Link posts.

Don't quote me if you aren't going to quote what's actually said, faggot.

Further evidence into why infinity is not worth engaging with. Playerbase cannot do basic level reading.

>Then look up Dark Imperium
Generic sci-fi dudes (like spartans or doomguy) vs happy zombies and mutants
>Warmachine Two Player battle Box.
Steamounk, I guess that's enough.

Ah, so you admit that you have no evidence?

Because if you had irrefutable evidence then you wouldn't hesitate to post it.

Infinity's visual design feels rather uninspired, as if most of the models came from looking up "power armor" on Deviantart. Compare to, for example, Warhammer, where you can post a Space Marine or a Guardsman and they'd be instantly recognizable.

>one faggot
>SEE IT'S THE WHOLE PLAYERBASE

Stop being a bitch.

>what's actually said, f
I am not a telepath, I just saying that your claims aren't arguments

Tell me, what is the problem in balance between those two?

>I'm afraid to actually show evidence that supports my argument.

There is literally no need to link other threads for proof. Just read this. It started one hour ago and it's already full of little shit going full "reeeeee my game is perfect nobody can say anything about it reeeeee"

I implied no such thing, I actually alluded to the opposite but I get it, reading is hard.

Then just fucking say that then retard instead of pussy footing around like some kind of mary queen.

Well, that's just shitting on models, not game, and anybody can do that. If some post Infinity models in comparison, that's a bit offtopic, but you'd be delusional if every thread bashing GW model is Infinity fanbases latest psyop.

Yeah, 40k and Fantasy both have decades of art direction that have been able to hone the goofy and cool of the setting into a fine blade.

I will say that Infinity definitely has some rad models and the "realistic" aesthetic grows on you, especially when you start going through the collection and finding cool models.

Right now, the rules are what really sell Infinity.

I just cannot show them since I posting from the phone, and cannot into collage.
>"reeeeee my game is perfect nobody can say anything about it reeeeee"
What?

>there is no need to provide evidence!

Ah, a classic tactic. Both Bolsheviks and Nazis agree that if you are put on the spot and can't provide evidence, then you should just claim that the evidence isn't needed. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if McCarthy used this tactic as well.

And Dark Imperium

You'd have a point if 90% of the shitting wasn't literally posting infinity images and claiming that infinity is better and that it's a perfect game etc etc

Homie, the box cover of Red Veil. The whole context of the argument is the art used to portray the world of the game.

Oznat is best waifu

It's kinda hard not to object, when there are basically four arguments presented as perfect and irrefutable

1. Anime is icky
2. Infinity players are faggots
3. Game is too balanced to be fun (?)
4. Muh Hobbyâ„¢, aka "I'm too lazy to do stuff myself"

Well anime IS icky. The moment I see anime art on a game I get worried about its quality.

>where are the proof?
>Just look at this thread dude. It's exactly full of infinity shitposting like I claimed it would be
>I see, you are not providing proofs

A more correct comparison would be a Nazi official getting caught surrounded by dozens of jew corpses claiming that you can't accuse him of being a jew killer because you didn't show the address of jew mass graves.

>Homie, the box cover of Red Veil.
Okay here is box cover, what I should see except of different aesthetic?

>Well anime IS icky
>hating power-armor so much

What? Dude, you can point to the corpses. Just like you can point to the posts. If someone is surrounded by evidence, then just show the evidence.

>full of infinity shitposting
Such as..?
None claimed that game is perfect, only calling "t.GW cutomere" for usual GWcustomers post

You see how that looks way more anime than Dark Imperium?

I'm not even talking about the models. I'm talking about the promotional art.

Explain what kind of things makes it more "anime" (not cartoonish)?

Yeah, and what's wrong with vanilla-like sci-fi and cyberpunk?

The box art for Red Veil is definitely western, man. It looks like shit, but it ain't weebshit.

I guess it's that personally I associate "cartoonish" with heavily stylized (like Panty and Stocking) while "anime" is more realistic without necessarily going full realism.

It has that feel like Avatar the Last Airbender. It takes some from anime, but the animation style and other qualities just ring to you "Western"

Europe, especially France, seem to do that all the time in other media. Just look at Wakfu, has many design and superfluous elements from anime, but you can take a casual glance at it and know it's from the West.

I think you are assuming everyone has as trained eyes as you for Western/Japanese animation.

If Avatar came out on Crunchyroll before Nickelodeon I would have assumed it was anime.

Did you follow the conversation? There isn't anything wrong with it.

>crunchyroll
you have to go back

Not that guy, but made a comparison pic

The other two go a little harder in terms of lighting and "realism", giving more of the look of a Western product while Red Veil throws all that out the window in favor of bright colors. Also Ahl Fassed's proportions and Ninja's hips.

It reminds me of a cyberpunk anime rather than a western sci-fi/cyberpunk story.

>take a cool looking model
>sculpt 5000 lines and miscellaneous detail and turn it into a giant visual clusterfuck
And thats how it is with every model, they try so hard to make every model look weeb tacticool and it fails every time, and the other parts of the model like the face look amateurish as a result. I don't care how good the rules are if the models I have to buy look terrble.

Show me good fluff please. Also show me huge battles and vehicles and stuff?

You can't? Eh, just what I thought.

>Dissing the Sultan's Tigers

Fuck off, m8, those models look badass. They are more complicated than your average 40k/Fantasy model but get no where as bad as Warmachine.

While I miss the simplicity of 40k, Infinity's low model count makes their more intricate design not that daunting.

>good fluff

Give a specific definition to this.

>huge battles

Homie, you don't need huge battles to have fun.

Because it's fucking sexist CIS gender white male privilege shit. Just look at this models! I wish CB could learn from Games Workshop and bring more non-binary person_s and women of color.

Well, lightning may be due the fact that Red veil is more of a compilation of several individual unit art piee, while the others are singular art pieces.

The art style largely comes down to the style of individual artist.

Dude, I love infinity but quit moving goalposts. You don't need to die on this hill defending infinity's art style.

Agreed that this art doesn't quit capture the fun of the game. And it still bothers me who relaxed red turban guy looks when he is such a hardass in game.

Infinity lacks name recognition outside of our small nerd circles. It has smaller model counts, so it doesn't look as impressive to newcomers. Understanding why Infinity is fun almost requires having spent time not liking other wargames.

Also like this guy says, the art isn't always great. It sometimes is really great, but not always. I wish the guys who did the Unit Dossier art just did everything. They often manage to really capture what makes each unit cool looking.

>>No Conversions
>>No Your Dudes
>>No Good Fluff
>>Only Skirmish, no huge battles
Swap that last point around and you are literally talking about nu40k.

>posting OOP trash

Fucking hell, what is with you retards. Not. an. argument.

>You don't need to die on this hill defending infinity's art style.
I just asked what exactly makes it anime

Ugh, even more sexist. These girls look too hot. It's, like, literally 2017, come on. Will CB ever learn from competent companies? There's literally no place for them in future unless they become more body-positive like GW.

Yeah, they have a lot of art out and not all of it looks "anime"

This one has mecha so that kind gives the impression but were this Blackjack fighting Hsien then it would give much less of an anime impression.

Ok, one the one hand I know this is bait. But on the other hand you are right. Infinity has had a problem with sexist model designs. It still does in a lot of cases.
That said
Tell me the brown hair Zhanshi and Tiger Soldier are sexist. Do it fucker. I can almost see someone making that case for blue hair zhanshi (Bitch doesn't look like shes in a tactical situation) but the sexist model problem has been minimized as the game has aged.

Lets take a look at the updated models for that unit you posted.
I don't really see egregious sexism in the pic I posted. I actually think you are baiting for that reason.
Why are you trying to rile people up against the SJW boogyman? Did a lesbian steal your girl or something?

You are making a mountain out of a molehill. And posting ancient molehills to prove it.

>Understanding why Infinity is fun almost requires having spent time not liking other wargames.

This this this.

I actually agree with the basic idea. Infinity needs to have more ugly dudes and chicks.

People love Fat Yuan Yuan. We need more of that.

Although to be fair the characters are supposed to be operators so a certain level of fitness is expected. Personally I'd be happy if they have less big-titties in the basic troops and non-pinup TAG pilots.

>Infinity needs to have more ugly dudes and chicks.

Why don't you just play 40k? We have the most inclusive models on the market.