Tell us about that character concept you've wanted to play for ages but never got the chance

Tell us about that character concept you've wanted to play for ages but never got the chance.

I'll go first, Were-spider infiltrator in an urban fantasy game.
>break in to mortal banks/jewelry stores without a trace.
>only steal the two or three smallest things, baffling investigators.
>stealth killing guard pixies to help party assault/rob the Fey.
>tiny little webbing tool-belt, Tiny little webbing loot sack.
>Frenzied fights for life against other bugs/ birds when the GM feels like screwing with me.
>relativistic kill shot suicide makes for spectacular character death if situation dire enough.

Other urls found in this thread:

dandwiki.com/wiki/Warlock,_Variant_(3.5e_Class)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>celebrate successful heist.
>go to tavern
>pick up spider beer wench
>have tons of victory sex
>she eats me immediately after
>fuck

An animated armor that thinks it is the undead of its old wearer.

In truth the old bastard deserted when a dragon attacked and left his armor behind to burn and cover up his escape. This will lead to an awkward situation if the armor ever heads back to his family only to find the real him living the life he thinks is his.

Guy picked up a botched potion of invisibility. Effects permanent, but his skeleton can be seen normally.

Pseudo-imperial-chinese kobold fireworks-using roguish type.
>NO GUNS
>Shoot bottle rockets at motherfuckers
>Flashpaper in the face
>Toss strings of firecrackers at people
>Do the whole firebreathing shtick
>Drop smoke bombs
>Constantly smoke a cigar to light all of this from
>Shady Sands Shuffle valuables out of pockets and replace them with lit bombs
>Be a giantic ham the entire time, cackling and singing

I've always wanted to do the classic
>kill dragon
>save princess
>live happily ever after with a fuckton of royal children

I've also always wanted to have a one on one fighter VS fighter deathmatch in a precarious location, like the top of a tower in a rain storm during an arcane ritual to buy everyone else time. Or on a sinking battleship.
Everything is too safe and structured, and a little bit of drama and cliche would rock my world.

That'd be "Classical old school knight." Chivalry and all.

Pic related

Occupational Hobbyist Necromancer.
Not at all edgy in the fucking slightest, no tragic backstory, no vendetta or school-shooter-proclamation, zero interest in becoming a lich or anything like that: he just really finds the undead and all their forms exceptionally fascinating and wants to see, know, and maybe even make as many as he can. Mechanically I'd like him to operate as support in most situations: healing and basic shit, but if there's undead involved he becomes horrifically useful specializing in banishing, controlling, killing, communicating and creating any manner of spooky undead creature.

He just thinks all that creepy shit is way super cool and is goin' on an adventure to find and learn more and maybe get away from the people who think he's dangerous. I wana say chaotic neutral, but not an arbitrary asshole or psycopath.

Sounds more like True Neutral (as far as alignment arguments are gonna take us). It sounds like he's mostly self-interested as opposed to swinging for or against laws in any sort of fashion. Sure his interests are unconventional, but he sounds otherwise pleasant to hang about with. 9/10 would adventure with.

Aarakocra fighter dual-wielding hand crossbows, played as a lawman, city guard or particularly moral bounty hunter. Partially for the mechanics, but also so I'll be able to make my battlecry "Justice rains from above!"

I have a bunch, but most for 3.PF since that's what my friends want to play these days.
>Variant Warlock that isn't total garbage dandwiki.com/wiki/Warlock,_Variant_(3.5e_Class) There's a similar good version that works with domains instead of spheres.
>Effects such as free minions when killed by SLAs
>Using free fiend summoning to call Cacodaemons to take the souls of the fallen
>Use souls for bargaining with fiends
>Or for crafting magic items using a feat provided by this homebrew content
>Combo Voracity's special with Blackfire for fast healing 5 per foe who fails save
>Eldritch blast seems really good now
>Was going to play that in Revolt against the slavelords and be a runaway slave incurring a debt to Hell in exchange for the powers to take revenge on my former masters, though only really trading one chain for another.

>Beast Bonded Witch or any class that'd take the homebrew class Stranger with Burning eyes (another meme homebrew option from DnDwiki)
>Steal bodies instead of dying
>Be malevolent spirit as a backstory or play up disgust at being limited to just one body .I wish there were like a hive-mind class

>Reincarnated Druid with Necromancy bend to it
>Druid will talk about the circle of life and death's role in the cycle.
>Will start play as a crotchety old man with +3 to mental stats but garbage tier physical stats, reincarnate into a young body after bidding farewell to my brief companions
>Come back after looting my grave and say it was all an act.
>Pick Samsaran to get good cleric spells off the list.

>Elder Mythos Cultist Cleric
>Worship Cthulu or someone. Use dreamed secrets for huge variety in spell selection and selective channeling as an offensive option.
>Dip 1 in oracle to get Lore mystery and take the sidestep secret for dex to AC or some other revelation
>Take dual-cursed deaf and wolf-scarred so I can wear a mask and get free silent spells
Thoughts?

A healslut cleric that's actually a trap.

10/10 would play with Spider-bro

10/10 would dual to the death with, then tell your noble children you were an honorable foe

My own:
An animated skeleton of a long dead hero, must come to terms with his old kingdom and everything he loved now long gone, and must find a new purpose.

A jewy centaur merchant. Seems like a fun thing to be a centaur who sells the shit he has in a wagon he pulls.

A crow. or some other animal in a fantasy setting after being turned into it by the enemy and now must survive the horrors of the fantasy world, and hungry housecats in order to find a way back to being human.

Basically did this but as a goblin alchemist/gunslinger. Blunderbuss and pyrotechnics. Had a blast, pun intended.

It always seems to be DnD that I have concepts that I've spent hours articulating and refining into a couple of pages but never get to play.

I've been wanting to play one of those Lovecraftian protagonists that accidentally gets over their heads in spooky horror nonsense as a Warlock whose pact-giver is an Elder Brain in a secret war against another Elder Brain and his conclave of Mind Flayers.

I had another concept of briny lovecraftian fish elves worshipping a fallen star- but the campaign died because the DM's girlfriend was part helicopter and thought he was cheating, and was so consumed in jealousy that when we explained that on DnD night what we do is ballgag him and take turns fucking him over the table while pretending to be Wizards that she had to google DnD to make sure that wasn't true.

Those sound mostly like mechanical builds, what kind of character do you usually have front that?

Half-dragon bard looking for his/her dad, He/She would be using the instrument that was given to his/her mother as a gift/that was forgotten

>when a dragon attacked and left his armor behind to burn and cover up his escape
How does this make any sense? Was the dragon searching for him so he put the armour on a mannequin?

For a superheroes campaign: Ghoul President. This is a fictional US president that could've been in any era, and died anywhere from a few years ago to centuries ago. The important part is that he was resurrected by ne'er-do-well villains who hoped to harness him for sinister purposes. Unfortunately, the resurrection was a failure- he was resurrected, yes, but with super-strength and no memory of his former self. So he spent a few years being helped by kind souls before getting back on his feet, and becoming a Hero on a quest to make a new identity for himself. He loves justice, but also sudoku and gardening. He's also on a journey to try to find out more about why he was resurrected, and what the nefarious goals of his tomb raiders were.

>How does this make any sense?

Why would a king be wearing his armor everywhere?
He left it on a stand, ready to be donned.
Dragon shows up, he says, "fuck that," and leaves.
Dragon burns everything.

Not even the guy who posted the other post, but it's pretty straight forward...

That's clearly not what the original guy intended and you know it. No one said jack shit about some king, just a poorly thought out faked murder.

>armored metallic construct
>basically a dreadnought in d&d without the firearms
>huge strength and constitution
>average intelligence, wisdom and charisma (bonus to intimidation since it's a giant walking metal box)
>shit dexterity and perception

the gimmick is basically that it's actually an incredibly frail and tiny but immensely powerful wizard inside the dreadnought magically controlling its movement. the armor is some kind of "anti-anti magic" armor which means that the wizard inside can't use his powers except to control the dreadnought and stuff like disspell magic can't stop him from using it.

>That's clearly not what the original guy intended and you know it.

But you know it any more than I?

He never specified who and where, only that a 'guy' deserted and left his armor. It works just fine.

Would you like another scenario then?

Party is hired by guild goes into cave, finds dragon, "guy" slips out of armor and books it.
Later, guild finds rest of armor of party, his included. He is assumed dead.

Jesus, the poster didn't even need to explain anything, a can think of numerous scenarios where this makes sense.

To be fair, the armor could also have just been a magic armor set that is already animated.

Edgelord as it is
>CE dwarven monk
>Cannibal. Sworn to a mid-tier demon
>Iron teeth
>excessively fond of dislocation. Knees and hips to bring foes into bite range
>Reasonably clever with zero moral fibre. The highlight of his career is partly consuming another party's healslut to draw his nemesis out of hiding

I'd like to finish playing my Wood Elf Ranger.

See, he wasn't a "nature must be protected" Ranger, he was akin to a MonHun Hunter. He cared only to hunt things down, desecrate the corpses by carving things off them and wearing the carves as a hat. He didn't care for wenches and mead, he just wanted to hunt.

I believe that his eventual endgame was to either die in the saddle to some WTF Monster or retire and teach another asexual wood-elf the ways of the Hunter.

As for character concepts, a Healslut. Not sure if I'd name her Tulsleah and have her get aroused each time she heals someone.

Some kind of sensible evil character, like a mafia enforcer or a slaver or something. I want an evil campaign that doesn't become either good in disguise or dumbass, rayndumb tier edgy.

Tiefling warlock and ex-economist who was convinced that she could discern the elemental truth of the universe by applying the teachings of Adam Smith that she found in an long-out-of-print economics textbook.

What she didn't realize was the "textbook" that granted her powers was actually collected scripture of a unknown (practically invisible) trade diety simply known as 'Smith'. The theory in the book was relatively sound economics on the surface level, but was actually mostly veneration of Smith as recorded by his prophet 'Adam'.

I started talking with my DM about a character arc involving her figuring out the meaning of the book as she gained more worldly experience outside of her university, with it eventually coming to a moral choice as to whether she fully embraces her invisible benefactor or becomes more deluded. Game got canceled before we could hash anything out further, though.

A gnome or halfling chef kicked out of the chefs guild for being a terrible cook. He takes to adventuring in order to find rare and exotic materials and ingredients to make the greatest enchanted kitchen implements for the most delicious dishes the realm has ever known. (His cooking never improves though.)

A dimwitted but eager-to-please kobold from a clan that all apparently have the same name. Each one can identify the others through perfect and super subtle inflection, but to everyone else it sounds the same. He joins the party as part of a life-debt for saving him from certain death. (I think the naming thing is from some sci-fi space tv show, but can't remember which.)

A parasitic/symbiotic suit of techno-organic armor which needs a humanoid body for structure and mental processes, but controls all physical aspects and overwrites the host's personality. It masquerades as an alien from an intergalactic police force while fighting crime with the local supers.

I usually make stuff up as I go. As corny as it sounds a lot of the time it feels like the characters write themselves. I do actually want to play these characters, but I've only got the beginnings of backstories. The best I can say of it is that I'll just make an offhand comment and then tell the most interesting story to go with it.

The problem I have is kind of inherent to the builds themselves in that any story I write out to completion for a background ends up sounding really edgy and tryhard or Mary Sue-ish. So I end up writing my builds out and then relating them to the setting and story.

I was almost considering making the cultist be a paranoid conspiracy theorist who turned out to be right all along, but that's about the best I've got. Reminds me of a PFS game I played in once where I played a pregen and (correctly) predicted that the villains were vampires with no evidence, among a score of other bunk accusations like werewolves fighting qlippoths on the moon.

>A dimwitted but eager-to-please kobold from a clan that all apparently have the same name. Each one can identify the others through perfect and super subtle inflection, but to everyone else it sounds the same. He joins the party as part of a life-debt for saving him from certain death. (I think the naming thing is from some sci-fi space tv show, but can't remember which.)

Why?

Fat, middle aged Alligatorman with overalls and a shotgun.
His wife and children got burned at the stake so he's out for revenge

>Were-weasel assassin
>Works as an exotic dancer
>Hypnotises her victims with her dancing before shifting and killing them

Veteran soldier who has seen first hand the horrors of war and has put down his weapons in favor of more peaceful approaches to solving problems. Add in a bit of a temper problem and he'd be a pretty conflicted character that could work in any setting.

If the party really needed me to fight I could roleplay him losing his temper and getting physical but he'd feel like absolute shit afterwords.

Character arc would probably involve him learning that there are some things worth fighting for, and while it should never be the first thing you try violence may be the only thing that works in some cases.

A Centaur warrior who's back legs were crippled in battle.With the help of his friends, his back legs were replaced with a enchanted war chariot.