Which gods do you worship, Veeky Forums?

Which gods do you worship, Veeky Forums?

I'm a non-astrologist.

*tips army surplus forage cap*

Yahweh mostly, though I also pay my respects to Adonai and Jehovah.

I once swore to Zeus that something bad would happen to an asshole I ran into once, and a month later I found out he had died after getting struck by lightning during a thunderstorm a week after I met him.

Total coincidence, but Zeus is currently my favorite at the moment because of it.

Great Dragon God, Bahamut!

The remnants of the Demiurge's court for Christ is all graceful and will forgive me. But the lords of the heavenly choirs and the rebellion are interventionists unlike the perfect god.

kek

I don't warship any. Wasn't raised in any faith and I don't know much about them. I just try to keep off their toes and hope I don't piss one of them off. I'd give to the temple, if I had the coin though. (read: if my GM wasn't a stingy bastard.)

I give no worship to gods or men.

>year of the common era 2017
>still trading your wealth and time for the ramblings of madmen and charlatans
I shiggy your diggy, OP

I know this is bullshit but god dammit I want it to be true. Zeus ain't no bitch to fuck around with, fools.

I'm a polytheistic deist, so a bunch of them that don't give a fuck about us.

The Irish Gods user, the omen-ravens haven't let me down yet

Careful friendo, tip that fedora too hard and you'll wind up tearing it.

The ones that would fug me if I proved myself devout enough

>I don't warship any.
Not even Poseidon? He'd probably appreciate warshipping.

So Empty....

Opportunism

None.

It never felt genuine to me, and I'd rather live what I think is true rather than what I'd like to be true.

Fuck, I'd love it if there were a God(s).

Whoever's relevant and amiable

Nigga that’s no coincidence

You better start praying

I'm a true blue, through and through Mormon boy!

There is but one

I want to believe.

Do gods ''need'' worship?

In some settings, they do, because they're actually sustained by worship. They can lose their power and even die if they don't have enough worshippers.

They're not that different from women now are they

Ok, this may be a bit unsual, but this is my "belief":

I don't believe in a God, not in the Judeo-Christian sense. But I believe that life of earth does appear to be something special and unique.

I believe that since it is so special, if humans are to worship anything it should be Gaia and Sol, the Earth and Sun respectively.
Gaia, Mother Earth, gave birth to all life on earth. Gives us water, land, and that circle of life deal where dead matter can give rise to new lifeforms.
Sol, the father figure, shines light that allows life to be sparked and gives us warmth.

Now I don't really think Sol is sentient. I more just appreciate what it does for us.
And as for Gaia, I'm not sure. Common sense would say the Earth is just the Earth. But we may be limited in our understanding.
If I picked up an ant, then put it down again and it was asked by another ant, "What was that?", how would it explain? Perhaps it is outside out realm of understanding.

But maybe life on Earth is special, is a gift from Gaia. "All life is born of Gaia, and each life has a spirit. Each new spirit is housed in a physical body. Through their experiences on earth, each spirit matures and grows. When the physical body dies, the mature spirit, enriched by its life on earth, returns to Gaia. Bringing with it the experiences… enabling Gaia to live and grow."

Like I said, maybe my appreciation of Sol and deep love of Gaia is silly. But it makes more sense to me than any worship of invisible or mythic people and creatures.

I must caution you that my engineers have completed an advanced Resonance Deathmobile prototype (8-3r-2). The first units are entering service now, rendering my forces practically invincible.

Helmas, the crossroad god of the eternal pilgrimage.

I have more faith in God than I have in women though. The only thing you can trust a woman to reliably do is disappoint you in new and exciting ways.

8 is Chaos Gun though. Also 3-res armor on speeders is the most ridiculous waste imaginable, holy crap, how bad do you have to be to let the enemy actually attack your speeders?

Lathander

I will honor whichever ones are bold enough to offer tangible proof of their strengths and natures.

Basically, if I ever met an entity that scaled in power to where it could be considered a god, I'd offer to buy it a beer.

A reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.

*Shall not

None really, I got enough shit on my plate already.

>warshipping anyone aside from AthenaxAres
shit taste desu.

I see no point in worshipping one.

The only one that matters. Give thanks, for Christ is risen!

The Silver Flame and Sovereign Host are pretty neat.

The Director

>Worshipping a dead kike on a stick

Asatru here

After everything, even if I did bump into one they wouldn't take my prayers.

Or maybe I just hate myself enough that self-inflicted damnation seems like a good idea. Either works.

Norse heathen here.

MONEY

Darkseid is.

the god of helping myself and the god of being kind to others

Crush bones of the weak and sip their marrow.
Tear flesh of the strong and feast upon it.
Shatter angels and taste their heart.
My god is Hunger.
And if my god were do disappoint me, I will devour him too.

>common era 2017
>purposefully being this edgy in 2017

The Heavenly Father.

The State.

Set, you Cimmerian monkey.

The most underrated focus of paladin worship, the Buddha’s Dharma

That's King Cimmerian monkey to you, hell-spawn.

I swear to the Everloli, may she bless all with good taste and may those that work hard in her name be met with a glorious reincarnation.

Christ, The Lord

Raised by neopagans, came to the conclusion that magic is just therapy buried under layers of mysticism, gods are metaphors for nature and the human experience, and the afterlife isn't a place you go when you die but a way of presenting the fact that your actions affect how you will be perceived when you're not around.

I still use the gods and mysticism because they're fun and present the metaphors well, plus if you've ever used some cryptic wording and a bit of implied symbolism to "predict" future events by knowing what to expect from different people involved and make yourself look like a fucking wizard to your friends you'd understand why there's no reason to not mask your observational awareness and collection of guarded secrets as unspoken supernatural gifts.

I made a kid in highschool nearly shit his pants when I "made it" snow by doing some hand gestures right when I saw the trees outside starting to bend and sway in a way that suggested a good chance some of the snow would blow off the roof and make it look like a flurry had started. Shit was fucking delightful.

I follow the Omega Point.

Pic related.

Make way for the All Father, Milk drinkers

If I recall the lore right, All Father was a real milk drinker himself.

Jews would have you believe Jesus was merely one of them with delusions of grandeur, but He is not.

I've always found deus ex machina to be inelegant, even when the deus ex machina is a literal deus. And if the gods don't play a part, they're superfluous in and of themselves, and are something I'd rather not have intrude into my game. Also, I find the anthropomorphic nature of most gods to be silly, and thus a detract from the setting in question. Gods become cooler as they get more bizarre and less relatable, as strange, unfathomable powers without biological form that impose their order upon existence. But you don't get much of that in games.

As a result of all of this, I tend to pretend that the gods don't exist in the sense that I try to ignore or downplay them whenever possible. I'm not saying that my characters literally don't believe in gods in settings where there is enough proof that that would be stupid, but instead that I try to focus on other things rather than dwell on them, as one would avoid dwelling on a stupid aspect of a television show or book that you otherwise like.

Shar

Sithrak is better.

Myself. Gonna fake it 'til I make it, or die horribly. Shoot for the stars, bro.

best cult

Melissa, domains: fey, ancestors, bees
or
Quinos, domains: water, salt, sunlight

Greek > Norse

Hanged man’s "milk", to precise.

the dark gods.

The eternal void, the beginning and the end, the cause of everything, our saviour from the pain of existence.

That noble pantheon of freedom fighters, MMA fighters and drunkards. Bless.

>Yeshua, son of Yossef and Yahweh
>Not a jew

stop shitposting and get back to working on myfarog 2

Start honouring your ancestors

Amazo.

Stannis Baratheon is my god

Our Lady and Savior Princess Serenity.

>tfw on the quest for universal immortality
NO GODS
NO MASTERS

LIBERTY, EQUALITY, ETERNITY

>implying any of them can save me from myself

What's the point of faith if I'm doomed anyway?

user that's not a real religion.

says you.

>plural
ontotherackitgoes.jaypeegee.png

Looks like a mix of Fulgrim and Sanguinius

Somehow I knew you'd say that.

Next you're gonna say, 'there's no way you could've known that!'

None, but Death always wins. The void takes all, venerated or no.

That's a nice one.

Selardi, an ancient moon goddess from the Caucasus region.

She got me about $170,000 a few years back, so I gotta keep the faith.

Its from some deviantart artist who does WH40K crossovers with Sailor Moon and Disney princess movies.

Coincedentily I think their Space Marine art is actually rather good.

Terraluna5 I believe.

Buddha's an egelord

Pic related.

Death makes other gods die. Mine just uses it as a way to raid Sheol and show that He can even make death His bitch.

Can't go wrong with a sun god, I think.

I think the Jews have something, or at least some of them do. They're interesting.

I don't necessarily believe in Hinduism, but I don't fuck with it either. I would respect it from afar.

Voodoo is 100% real, everyone deep down believes in voodoo, and as above, I don't fuck with it.

Neopagans, witches, wiccans, asatru and all that shit is highly mega gay. Absolutely no respect for it.

I will happily make an oath Crom, regardless whether he cares or not.

In truth I'm some kind of agnostic predeterminist. Splash of fatalism. I've tried clinging to a bunch of ideas before but it never stuck. Lapsed Catholic but I still think it's cool. I've asked fairies a few times to help me find something and it kinda worked, so there's that too. Also Spiritualism is neato.

I'm , and to a degree I get where you're coming from. I think there's more out there than what conventional wisdom lets on. I'm a Baptist with a serious soft spot for High Church ritual, but I am thoroughly convinced that there's more than just fluff to other belief systems.

With that said, I also think that "more than just fluff" roughly equates to traitor angels.

>She got me about $170,000 a few years back
Story?

I have a serious inferiority/ignorance complex, don't know what you'd call it. I mean, I'm just one human being in 7+billion at one point in human history in an incalculably vast universe where things have happened, are happening and will happen that I will never know about. I have zero authority to make any kind of actual claim on anything. And I apply to that my whole life, really. I think my belief system comes down to 'Literally who even knows?'. And because of that, I think there's a chance anything could happen, really. But sure it's all predetermined anyway, so it doesn't matter, it's the journey that matters.

I'm glad you have something though, user. I don't know much about Baptism, but all those denominations are interesting and go to show the sheer variety of thought to be found in Christianity. I hate when people pare it down to 'le ebin sky fairy'.

>this mysticism is real, but this other mysticism isn't
lol

I find more things credible than others, like a deeply intricate system of culture and faith a couple thousand years old with a body of theology almost as old built up around it as opposed to, say, some lad's OC in 50s using words cribbed from Margaret Murray's almost literal fiction.