Fuck d20-based systems

Fuck d20-based systems
fuck d6 based systems
fuck percentile dice systems

Where's the fucking d12 system

What would a d12 system offer that D20 doesn't?

It would offer the d12 die a friend

Well roll up a great axe wielding character and keep it company if you're so concerned

Blades of the Irone Throne, my friend.

Pokethulhu?

Thousand Suns and Colonial Gothic both use d12s

dude beat me to it

I'm currently GMing my homebrew system about occultism in Victorian England. One of the players described it as a mix of Poe and Gaiman with the atmosphere of spiritual seances.
It uses d12 because:
>THE number Eleven, as it exceeds number ten, which is the number of the commandments, so it falls short of the number Twelve, which is of grace and perfection; therefore it is called the number of sins, and the penitent. Now the number twelve is divine, and that whereby the celestials are measured; 1 it is, also, the number of signs in the Zodiac, over which there are twelve angels as chief, supported by the irrigation of the great name of God. In twelve years, also, Jupiter perfects his course, and the Moon daily runs through twelve degrees. There are, also, twelve chief joints in the body of man, viz. in hands, elbows, shoulders, thighs, knees, and vertebræ of the feet. There is, also, a great power of the number twelve in divine mysteries. God chose twelve families of Israel, and set over them twelve princes; so many stones were placed in the midst of Jordan; and God commanded that so many should be set on the breast of the priest. Twelve lions did bear the brazen sea that was made by Solomon; there were so many fountains in Helim; and so many Apostles of Christ set over the twelve tribes; and twelve thousand people were set apart and chosen.
So far players are pretty excited about the system. Drawfriend in the party even made quite a lot of ink drawings based on bestiary.

Crying themselves to sleep alongside the d12's

The One Ring uses custom d12 (with numbers 1 to 10 and two symbols) as main dice, alongside pool of 1 to 6 d6s. Does it count?

forgot pic

My friend used a d12 system for his Maple Story campaign.

It's all over 12chan...

Savage worlds uses a d12 system. In as much as you can say that D&D uses a d20 system. In both, the 12/20 is the maximum die you can use. Savage uses d4s, d6s, d8s, d10s, and d12s.

I didn't know there was a system that ran off base 12.

Here's a thing, Have it.

>still using dice instead of flipping 1-3 coins depending on the difficulty
What's wrong with this board?

Broken Rooms uses a dice pool of d12s. I think the engine for it is called The Momentum System. The setting is that some years ago there's was some sort of apocalypse on 12 variations of earth. Our earth kept chugging along without an apocalypse. Some people have the ability to travel between these worlds, and those that do have one of twelve sets of super powers.

One person might be able to quickly discover information, while another can overwrite it, or someone can add speed to things and another can take it away. Using powers costs Momentum, and when you roll 2 dice that add up to 13 you regain a point of momentum.

The different earths were pretty cool too. One variation had hive mind nanovirus zombies. One had everyone become infertile. Others got hit by an asteroid, or froze over, or have invisible monsters that only children can see.

killer bunnies

Modempunk.

It becomes even neater when you read that each of the alternate earths is an apocalyptic scenario inspired by one of the five stages of grief (3 each IIRC, with The Reef representing Acceptance) and start thinking about the symbolism involved.

>rolling dice instead of reading a sheep's entrails

Get on my level newfags

>thinking the die size is important to define a system

It's like you WANT to be a brainlet.

The game sounds pretty awesome. I love systems with unusual thematics and strong meta-narrative. Thanks for the recommendation.

Just use a double d6?

wow just dimension door out of here

It's not the same. Distribution will not be equal.

Not if you roll one die then add 6 if the other die shows an odd result.

2d6 is not the same 1d12 you mong.
Why not just cut the bullshit and just use 1d12 instead of adding more steps to a basic problem?

The highest dice you can roll in Savage Worlds is a d12, if that helps OP.

>not basking in the glory of the d15

plebians please

Colonial Gothic my friend.

It would be cool to have a mechanic where characters have a limited number of "points" to spend on turning their d12 roll into a 2d6.

A new RPG where you wake up from a coma and ask what month it is.

That's not 2d6, that's makeshift d12.

>roll d20 by accident
>you've been in a coma for 2 years. The date is Decembruary 13

>Not using exploding d8s that have equal chances of an absurdly high roll or a literal zero with modifiers
Why even live?

It is genius

>every side of the dice represents a poker card minus the King
>you always roll 5 dice, having higher skills allows you to reroll die more times until you get a good roll
>as long as you get a valid combination, it's considered a simple success
>you can, however, "bet" that you'll roll better before rolling, which allows you to take on harder actions succesfully, but also implies that any roll that isn't as good as your bet is a failure instead
>all characters are specialized in either Hearts, Diamonds, Clubs or Spades
>in each session you have a two King cards of your character's specialization, which allows you to add one of them or both to any roll of that specialization, which would be the second best single roll that's not an ace

There, now you can play a western setting with d12s