People would rather play an interesting albeit unbalanced game than a balanced snorefest

People would rather play an interesting albeit unbalanced game than a balanced snorefest.

And I'd like to play an interesting balanced game.

What a shame that games like Pathfinder manages to be an unbalanced snoozefest then.

Balance is a spook.

You can have both, just stop playing DnD and stuff based on DnD.

Especially stuff based on the WORST edition of DnD.

>People have shit tastes

Nothing new under the sun.

Yes. This is why Dungeonworld, FantasyCraft and 4e never really made it big. theyw ere perfectly balanced, and they all died because people don't like perfectly balanced, boring, predictable, cloning systems where it doesn't really matter what you do, you always have a set ratio of success to failure.

5e is headed down that same path.

Putting imbalanced and interesting things into a balanced game is easy.

Putting balance into an unbalanced game is hard.

I'd rather have a balanced game I can put things into than have an unbalanced game that breaks down all over the place.

>literally lying through his teeth to prove a point
Maneuvers in PF are shit, a monk can't do jack shit

also
>GM plays the PC of an absent player and kills it
Paizofags are cancer

>monk and maneuver fighters are viable builds
Is this from an alternative timeline?

Balance is overrated. people want options.

>also
>>GM plays the PC of an absent player and kills it
>Paizofags are cancer

Are you saying this is impossible in any other game system? Because you're wrong. and maybe just a bit stupid.

The only way that might happen is if they only fight medium or small humanoids with elite array stats at best. In that case the enemies CMD will rise as fast as the PC's CMB making maneuvers possible.

>this is impossible
Not impossible, but in other games players and GM's aren't that cancer to put a dick move like that, paizo rots the brain and turns you into a cunt

PS: I count D&D as the same shit as PF in case you go with "how aboout D&D?"

>so assblasted about a game system it damages your ability to think
Sounds like you are the one suffering the brain damage user.

/pfg/ is that way, go fellate it there

Good thing those aren't remotely mutually exclusive, so you don't have to choose between those two options.

I was on the PF forums for a while, Ravingdork is in the staunch "I ignore the rules anyway/use houserules and anecdotes to prove M/CD is a myth" camp.

>A dishonest fag defending the game's problems
>In Paizoblog
Color me impressed

There was actually a sizable population a few years ago who were there because they got stuck wit ha group that refused to play anything else, and went to the forums for help.

Also, optimizers.

As you may have guessed, both camp was quick to tell Paizo that they are idiots, every time they were idiots (which was like 90% of the time).

I dont know, are there more people who play LOL than DOTA nowadays?

Yeah I go there every now and then to discuss rules interactions and optimization

You'd be surprised by the amount of general disdain towards Paizo exists there

Boring people make for boring games.

>balanced
>interesting
wow sounds like you really thought that through, how's that really interesting flat plane treating you

Well... yes

In other news, water is wet and different people have different opinions

Your statement is an obvious objective truth, the subjectiveness about it comes from what constitutes as "interesting" and how much balance it's ok to sacrifice to make it interesting

Yes.

The joke being (I think, not that poster) is that LoL is more balanced but DotA characters are more diverse and fun.

Other way around, I think. Dota is complicated but balanced, whereas LoL is instant gratification without much effort.

Good thing a game can be balanced and interesting.

The guy in your image is just running in circles to defend a bad system.

You serious, dude? Dungeon World is balanced? Its shows you've never cracked it open to look at how it works.

this, people like to come up with overpowered shit and beat their own party members, steal the spotlilght, prove they're more powerful than the GM, etc

>lol is balanced
kekus maximus

That's not really the case in the internet age. An unbalanced game will quickly have all of its intricacies sussed out by the community. Anyone who wants to not suck will just do the one thing that's optimal, eliminating any potential variety the game or system may have had. That's why barely anyone runs fluffy lists in 40k. Even if they're interesting unit comps and play styles most of them suck so people just run whatever the meta meme is unless they're direhard loyalists.

There are certain exceptions for collaborative table top games in the vein of D&D, but there needs to be an agreement at the table to keep power levels from dipping out of balance or else you wind up with half the group being dead weight because it turns out they picked low tier classes that couldn't contribute meaningfully to combat even if you gave them each a Golden Gun and a bottomless magazine.

Some imbalance is fine but your system has to at least be good enough to accommodate the players who want to be passable at the game.

People would actually rather play a popular unbalanced snorefest than an unheard of interesting balanced game.

Are you fuckign kidding? There is exactly one kind of roll, that doesn't change, and you can get up to a +3 on the roll. It's perfectly fucking balanced because it has exactly ONE MECHANIC THAT NEVER CHANGES.

None of that has to do with balance, and makes you just sound like a moron.

Inbalance is fine as long as everybody has the same opportunities to be good, if every class has options to made them shine and be equally powerful to each other, fine, that's ok. The problem is that 3.PF isn't like that, at all

>if every class has options to made them shine and be equally powerful to each other, fine, that's ok.
I think what you're describing is a balanced game, user. Though you might be thinking of asymmetric balance, with the classes being good in different niches.

Classes in Dungeon World have class-specific moves. You don't know what you're talking about because you're focusing on the numbers instead of on the stuff that's hard to compare.