What was the last thing your mom said when you decided to leave home and become an adventurer?

What was the last thing your mom said when you decided to leave home and become an adventurer?

>my mom is dead/i have no mom
Fuck off.

>my mum said nothing
>my mum is a deaf mute

She said "we love you, please make us proud son."

Every chance he gets, he writes back home & visits when he has enough treasure to share with the family.

'Mom, I'm going out drinking.'
'Bring me back some brandy.'

And then he got abducted by his former crew

Nothing memorable, he didn't tell her he was leaving, just up and left since he was sick of caring about societal obligations.

DM family kill in 3... 2... 1...

some sort of
>incomprehensible drunkard rambling

He left home long before becoming an adventurer. She told him not to take too long to find a nice girl.

Ten years later and the only girl his age in his life is his main rival. Romance doesn't fit his image in the ring, and you can forget about casual flings.

Needless to say, his mom has been asking him about the party Druid ever since that first letter describing her.

"Call me if you need help."

>"I'll only tolerate you getting killed once, so make it count if you want to come back."
She's a busy alchemist and doesn't have endless gold to spend on resurrection diamonds.

"Get a job already you fucking waste of space."

WHO'S GONNA RUB ME FANNY NOW EH

"So that's what you wanna do with ya life rather than go to law school"
"Yes mum"
"Oh I'm sure that pays great, gettin stepped on by ogres"
"I'll be fine mum"
"Yeah I'm sure just like you fatha, and we both remember how that ended"
"That won't happen to me mum"
"And what about your frail old mutha? Who's gonna take care of me while you're gone? I suppose I'll just whither and die all alone."
"I'll be sending money over"
"Oh that's comforting! Knowing your son's gonna be thinking of you as a burden. Well at least I don't have to worry about money while I'm spending my final years in an empty house! I'm not getting any younger you know"
"Mum, I'll be back before you know it, now I need to be heading out.
"Bah, just like ya fatha"
"I know mum"
"...
I love you"
"I love you too mum"

"I promise I'll make you proud, Master."
"You already have. Come home safely, son."

>Don't worry, I'll take care of the kids.

>muh family
Fuck off. I'm playing an outcast adventurer not a fucking family-man peasant.

>Ah'll blow up a bloody robot for you, mum

>master
What kind of fucked up incest BDSM is going on here?
why has it aroused me so much?

My character is the adopted son and apprentice to a master swordswoman. They don't usually call each other Mother/Son, so when she said that, I started crying a little. I certainly hope this doesn't arouse you any longer.

>"My blessed most wonderful son, the greatest being in all the world, saviour, mighty hero, we praise you, please lead our family, father will retire..."
She, along with the father and siblings, was getting mad with worship of my own person, so I ran to save them from myself.
fucking cursed swords, man

>"Try not to burn anyone else's home."
I'm a sorcerer, mother. My power cannot be contained.

Wow, thats god damn adorable

"Bring glory to the clan!" Followed by a chorus of chanting Barbarians.

> Come back soon!
He didn't come back soon. She died of old age while he got turned into an undead. At least his father lived long enough to see him again.

>I am a wizard, unbounded my the mere conventions I once met a peasant condition, she was to man of 54 bitterly, never marry someone her own age.
>Beneficent and powerful as I am help her.
>With an arcane word, she into a 54 year-old woman. She Ungrateful bitch.
>Of speech bubbles.
>Girl in a dire marry an older years.
>She wept mourning that I, kind decided to transformed cried more.

"Promise me that you won't die."

Couldn't keep the promise.

Sooo... technically speaking it wouldn't be incest, just prime quality /ss/?

Most recent character is an orphan, so it wasn't mom, it was one of the monks who ran the orphanage.

>"I'm sorry but you just don't have what it takes to be a Paladin."

I left the next morning and set out to prove them wrong. Became a Rogue though, so maybe they were right.

"Have a nice time with your new friends, and try not to get yourself killed."
"Yes Ma."
"Don't start too many fights."
"I won't, I'll just finish em."
"And make sure to write home."
"I will ma."
"And one more thing."
"What is it Ma!?"
"I love you."
"... I love you too Ma."

Nothing, wives of nobility are to be seen not heard. Dad was FUCKING PISSED but he was a right cunt so oh well. Pretty sure the extra rations I found in my pack were from Mom though.

Return only once you can channel the powers of our god.

If you mean, "when he was dragged off to the Academy to become a Mage", I'm sure she was crying loudly.

Mother was missing for my Paladin, though, so I'll think on what her father said: "Get out there, and make your mom proud."

Thief, though. He's got some baggage. There were no words needed, between the son, who had stolen for his family, and his mother, who had encouraged it, when he was banished from the village, left to roam the land.

"We should be back by eleven, There's dinner in the fridge, and don't let your sister stay up past ten."

Nothing, because she's dead. My character is 57.

repressed issues much?

>Mother died in child-birth.
>Father was a powerful necromancer, killed by adventurers.
>Raised by elderly, maiden, aunt.
>Did *not* approve of adventuring career.
>Or much of anything, really.

"If you insist on pursuing such an ill-advised and disreputable course then understand you will *not* be welcome in this house again."

"I understand, auntie."

"And?"

"I must reclaim my legacy."

"So be it. Goodbye."

"Goodbye, auntie."

"Ma, I've just been levied into the king's army. "
"Guess now that I know how to fight, I'll just be a sell sword"

'If you ever travel back in time, don't step on anything, because even the tiniest change can alter the future in ways you can't imagine.'

You didn't leave home to become an adventurer until you were 57?
Well, in that case....was there anyone at home that got left behind, and if so, did they have anything to say?

Well, my most recent character traveled the world as a merchant before becoming an adventurer, so probably something like
>"May the gods protect you on your journey. If something happens, feel free to return."

"I'm already my own Grandpa, so I doubt time cares all that much."

>Mom: "So, you're telling me that your taking off with some people you've only known a week on some crazy quest."
>Me: "To be fair, the wizard-girl is extremely cute, and you've been bugging me about grand children for the past five years."
>Mom: *sighs* "Fine, but if you come back home unmarried and without kids I'm going to be very cross with you."
>Me: " Yes mom."

Something to the point of "Come back safe!" His mother coddled him his entire life, and his father sent him out on a meaningless quest to toughen him up so he could hold on to the throne when the time came for Succession. So far it's gone well, he's toughened into a successful military commander with an extremely loyal following of troops. Downside is that he's been transported 200 years into the future with no hope of going back, and his dynasty died out in the present.

"Don't mess up and shame our house, or we'll send assassins after you~"

... My mother abandoned me before I was born.

Come back with this shield or upon it.

Ma, this is Da's buckler.
Who'd you expect me to fit in it?

She's been supporting me the whole way.
It's very complicated.

See, Decima's mum IS dead (died giving birth to her), but she has a step-mother and a father and a fiance, so it's not a dead parents thing going on. Her fiance read her a poem he wrote for her when she left (he's like, 17 and she's 14), her step mum just sneered, happy to see her go, and her father was the one who had sent her off in the first place. She'd accidentally burnt down the library when her magic talent was discovered, and her father sent her to train with warrior clerics to properly learn to harness this gift. Her father is one of the warrior clerics too, and they are expected to then wander around the countries of the known world spreading the light. There, she met with her cousin who was in the same training. Realistically, her fathers words to her as she left would probably be something like:

"Goodbye my dear, go and spread his light."

They were angry and tried to catch her. Yelling things like you're gonna get yourself killed and such.

I mean when your entire home is encased in a protective bubble and the way out is very dangerous you can understand them.

Mom died of an illness a few years ago.

Can we go with dad? I still have him at least.

He told me to "be careful and come back soon, alright?"

>My last character, who is a peasant in the Warhammer fantasy universe. If you didn't know, life loves to shit on them in general. So it's no wonder that his mum is dead.

"He's alive! Is he?"
"Yep, most definitely alive."
"Look, you died out there, but I got you out of the cold, the king said he wants you."
"Oh, wait."
*hand signs saying the king wants my PC*
"You better stay safe out there, you crazy spy!"
"...he's going to need new ears."

>tfw an edit you made 4 years ago still gets posted

Come back with your shield or on it.

I dont remember...

"Have fun storming the castle!"

>Implying I even need to remember
>Implying I don't visit her every month
>Implying the city I wasn't born in isn't my true home even now
What's it like being a ruralfag?

>Implying I even need to remember
You might not, but she does.

Well, it was when I left to go to war. She told me to be strong, kill, conquer, and bring back plenty of slaves.

Sadly, she's probably dead. Since, you know, we lost the war AND one of our fellow tribes slaughtered our noncombatants, since our warriors got fucking wiped out by this asshole adventurer traveling with a tiefling, a dwarf, some filthy spellcasters, a druid bitch, and a bunch of others.

If I, Varn-Sharn of the Howling Fist orc clan, ever meet the Hero of Neverwinter, I shall take his head!

Five years before the campaign started, "Be careful on patrol, make sure to take care of your younger brother!"

>MY MOTHER IS DEAAAAAD

The last thing my aunt who raised me said was

"Ensure that the Cult of Karathaxsis does not gain hold in the city. And, my dearest nephew, remember always that I care for you."

It'd be sweet if she hadn't threatened to kill me when I inevitably betrayed her due to my inherent evil an hour earlier. That's what I get for being a Chromatic halfdragon with a Metallic dragon for an aunt/employer/owner. She's fucking crazy.

The party visited my character's parents for horticultural advice literally last session on Saturday. My mom made us lemonade and my dad asked that we retrieve a flower that can cure all illness from the nearby hills.

>You are a grown ass man, you can't stay here eating tendies forever, get the fuck out and don't come back without kids

>Don't forget to wear clean underwear!

As a DM I'm usually happy enough that they have a family to not pull the russian mafia shit.

"Don't forget to change your underwear, every single day".

YOUR MOTHER'S A BITCH!

>deciding to become an adventurer
>implying it's a choice
Child conscription is a hell of a thing

"If you get in over your head, remember to call dad. I'm sure he can spare a battalion or two."
*muffled "The US Army is not our daughter's personal bodyguard, honey!" in the distance*

"beep boop"

My character actually left home with the help of her uncle to serve under his son on a naval vessel, to escape being preened to be a political trophy wife.

Her family wasn't actually aware that she had left but continually sent her astropathic messages whenever the patrol boat came back into the system demanding that she return home at once and cease this foolishness.

She thinks they want her to complete what they see as her purpose and doesn't want to be a tool in their games. She refuses to even acknowledge or respond to any of their messages.

They just want their little girl to come home.

And then she was stolen away and drafted into the Inquisition. GM and I have agreed that there's already an empty mausoleum and everything (subtropical Garden world, so they have New Orleans style burials for noble households)

Evil character is an orphan (sorry). She was raised/mentored by a wizard who probably died of old age (or pretended to) when she went adventuring. She's got a husband, though. She still sees him frequently, and their goodbyes consist in him giving her a lunchbox and reminding her party that he'll kick their asses if something happens to his wife. Hey, you can be evil and have loving relationships.

Good character is a satyr. His biological mother is a satyr too, so her reaction probably was something like:
>"That'sh nishce shweetie oh hey look at the assh on that guy eeeeh!".
But he was raised by an "aunt", his mother's dryad friend who is more reasonable. She wanted to give him a chance to be more than a neglected child growing into an unbridled hedonist. She taught him to care about others, and to care about oneself. But he was still a satyr. So it probably went more like this:
>Are you sure? You're so young, and the world's so vast. I don't want you to get lost. I know I'm not... you probably don't consider it important, but I care about you, little one. Please, come back some day. Send me messages, something from time to time, please.
>Yeah, sure, auntie! Don't worry!
She probably cried when he left, he didn't realize it, and it took him a year to send some news. Then it took him years still to realize she had been his actual mom, and by that time he was too ashamed to go back to her and admit he had been ungrateful, and thank her. He'll probably do it, some day, if the world isn't destroyed in the meantime.

>she was abandoned at the steps of a church as a baby
No, you fuck off.

The priests who raised her and were basically parents to her wished the best for the priestess and expressed confidence that she would do their goddess' bidding in her travels, ministering to their soldiers and to the people she met along the way. In every sufficiently large city she arrives in, she knows she will fit in like family at every temple of her god.

I forgot to add, she's actually another PC's mother.

>implying I decided to adventure before I left home
I spent twenty years as a tax collector.
At least before They invaded...

Well, what did she say to that PC before they started adventuring?

Considering their adventure started with everyone else they knew, save the party, dying horribly, there was mostly a lot of crying and mutual consolation.`

>his character is young enough to have their mommy see them off
My character told her son to always obey his master until be becomes a successful enchanter in his own right, and that she's proud of him and will always love him no matter what.

"Aww! You're going adventuring with your little friends? Oh, I know! Why don't I come? It'll be nice! It'll be a mother-son bonding experience!"

"Be home for supper Robert". His name isn't Robert, that's just what she called all the boys she took care of over the years, the girls were all Beth

I mean, MY mom IS dead, so there's that... but I guess she would have said, "Be careful. I love you son."

"Try to get some sun and fresh air while you're away, your scales are going to go pale at this rate. Oh, I've heard about this most enchanting young lady from the southern isles who'll be there too..."

Yuan Ti prince, irritated his parents keep trying to get him hitched, would rather sit in his workshop making magic items. Never got to the vacation spot, shipwrecked and ended up joining the party after washing ashore on their continent.

>Son, no matter where you go and what you do, I will always, and I mean always, be disappointed that you don't work as hard as your father.

I have a fighter with a big loving family back home. I hope my DM does go after them... opportunity for character development and I'll have a reason to multiclass barbarian for rage.

He has no idea, hurts his head to remember anything and it doesn't matter to him anyway, all that matters is service to his master. She went ahead and trimmed away any non combat experience related memories, with the exception of the ones she found cute, when she "hired" him. Also took the liberty of dulling his mind so he wouldn't catch on, made him develop this really heartwarming sitcom dad personality as a bonus.

"Alright, dear, have fun," probably. If she was even paying attention.