Adventurer with a baby

>Adventurer with a baby

How do we "spice up" this concept?

Lose the baby.

It's Satan's baby

The baby is a Chosen One and is able to hold its own against adults.

The adventurer is the baby

Through extensive buffing enchantments, the baby is used as a weapon.

You are a party of Lich.
Each of you has a phylactery. Yours is the baby. The child is utterly uncorrupted besides being made into your phlactery and is also the chosen child needed to save the world from destruction. You bound your soul to the infant at the ghost of greatly weakening yourself [which is why you could reset your Lich to Level 1 if this is for a game] so that you could guard the child AND prevent Holier than Thou Paladins from smiting you when you also contain precious information for the child to meet their destiny.

Its not their baby. They stole it.

The adventurer is actually the same person as the baby, but he came accidentally from the future and is trying to protect his younger self from the dangers of the world in order to not totally fuck up his timeline.

I don't want no trouble!

>The mother is a murderess
>The baby is just and good

>The baby will try to stop his mother, if he is able

A fated confrontation then

Have the adventurer be a samurai and it can be like Lone Wolf and Cub. Or something, I really don't know but your picture reminded me of this.

Lone wolf and cub.

The baby is Changeling.
Adventurer might or might not know.

>The mother is romantically entangled with the baby

The baby is a giant, and is taller and stronger than the adventurer.

The baby is the adventurer's sibling and is growing out of the adventurer's torso.

Using the baby as melee weapon

You are NOT entitled to have me "spice up" ANYTHING fore you just because I have a kid

The baby is undead or possessed. It’s the restless soul of an unborn child that must be laid to rest somehow. The adventurer has vowed to find a way to get it to pass on and until then carries it along with them.

On my game the baby was a 100 year old autistic, cannibalistic, psychotic, womenphobic, virgin illusion wizard that was revived as a baby when someone rubbed his embalmed body with magical royal jelly. He couldn't talk but could communicate via telepathy, remembered his entire past life, and was frustratingly attempting to regain some semblance of self sufficiency. The guy who got stuck taking care of and watching over the baby was a lawful good catfolk paladin but the baby was caught on fire and just looked like a disgusting baby burnt victim in a terrible accident evolving a fire rune trap thingy.

Make it part of the plot.

>How do we "spice up" this concept?
Pepper, cumin, maybe some garlic

The baby is a reincarnated god long thought to have died. The baby's guardian must protect the godling long enough for it to mature and assume its place once more in the celestial pantheon. Despite this there are many dangers to it in its mortal form and there are those who would not see the return of this god. Others would simply wish to steal the godling away for their own nefarious designs.

Use the baby as a shield like in Dwarf Fortress.

The baby was able to resist the curses of the dark lord so was brought along as a curse shield

The baby is the actual adventurer and an evil sorcerer puppetting around a random commoner.

They fight all of China

>Also aliens are trying to kill the babies and invade the past

Best taste

I think Sacajawea could also be a cool influence. Someone who's more of a bard/ranger who's the party face. A woman with a baby can likely negotiate better with someone reluctant to deal with your average murderhobo.

The parent is the baby's phylactery

Another PC also wants the baby. The game is about this.

>ctrl-f

>no Master Blaster

I'm disappoint.

The baby is the last in the line of royalty that you have sworn to protect even beyond the grave.

If the baby dies, you die, as your only tie to this world is gone. If the baby can survive to the age of twelve, they are supposedly going to usher in a golden age for the whole world according to a message from the gods

But Master was not a ba.... oh! Clever.

Sick siamese twin, dude. Shame it didn't mature with you.

The baby is actually a sleeping, infant god. If the baby does not survive before you can bring it to the designated holy location, the world is doomed.

Twins.
Spec in dual wield.
Or
Retain umbilical cords.
Fashion nunchucks

The Adventurer doesn't know they have a baby.

I came here to post this

I watched a good kung fu movie where the kingdom was falling to rebels and so the 10 best royal guards took 8 babies of about the same age as two royal princes (the babies may have been their own), each took a baby, wrapped in a royal blanket and then fled the capital to avoid the rebels killing the princes, so one day the princes could return and take the rightful throne from the rebel lord.

It was pretty neat, and have since wondered if this is grounds for an adventure, where the group is one of several given a baby that could be a crown prince(ss) and to bring it somewhere and protect it. Couldn't tell if that would be compelling or obnoxious.

actually this

The adventurer is a member of a traditionally evil fodder race,and the baby is an infant he adopts out of pity/regret

I'd dig it.
Other people might not be as cool as me tho.

It's not her baby.

>Be a royal guard
>Take away one of the babies to imitate the princes
>Defend the baby against rebel attackers since you don't want the ruse to be exposed
>Eventually stop caring about the plan and care more about protecting the baby just because you've grown attached
>You and the other guards end up raising the child, not out of obligation, but because you've grown to see him as a son to all of you
>The child eventually starts showing signs of a righteous personality, believing in justice and helping people
>When they child is of age, learn of news that the actual princes were either killed when they came to reclaim the throne, or joined forces with the rebels to turn the kingdom into their personal playground
>You and the other guards decide to take matters into your hands and move out to not only take down the lord on the throne, but also to instate the child you've all raised as the true king

>because of plot and gm cowardice, baby is unkillable
>tie baby to rope and use as ball and chain weapon

The baby is immortal and invulnerable, and the adventurer literally found them in a treasure chest at the bottom of some dungeon or crypt.

I think you're getting the same out of it I did: So many interesting directions this idea goes.

Even say there was a horrible TPK and everyone dies, I'd want to keep the idea in play for the next adventure "these babies are still out there, how many are left?" if the players wanted. Just lots of cool directions depending how the players handle it.

I feel like adventuring with babies happens so rarely the concept on its own is novel.

Would you be fine with a character in your group adventuring because they just need to feed their baby carry it with them because they don't have anyone else to take care of it? Lots of people get annoyed by kids and having a target that can't defend itself seems like it could just be a hassle for everyone.

There is a clear logistical issue that has to be addressed, which would depend on the realism of the game and system really. Do you want to keep the baby crying and pooping and being threatened by misadventure just for dramatic story points or leave it to random roll, etc.