Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Which SUBraces are your favorite races? Aasimar/skinwalker/tiefling heritages, DSP subraces (lots for kitsune!), things like that.

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4yis4kZaR80
eva-widermann.de/project/dungeons-dragons-underdark/
archivesofnethys.com/DruidHerbalism.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I like werebear skinwalkers

Shadow of Belkzen game when?

I pick subraces all most solely on stat blocks.

Asura-spawn Tiefling

>Darkness Archetype
Explain Further

I can't tell if that is Kagerou or a black-haired Kitsune.

Weakass archetype literally named after Darkness.
Literally doesn't work in a lot of ways.

Made by N. Jolly.

Faultspawn and Beastbrood tieflings, because I find Asuras and Rakshasas extremely cool.

He already said that it fucked up and wasn't supposed to go out like that, iirc

A bunch of the writers have admitting to screwing up. The guy who wrote enhancement is pretty bitter.

>Sslarn never admits to screwing up

Maybe not belkzen but I'd be down for an Orc Real Politik sim game.

The talk about Battle Brothers last thread makes me think of the logistics for a campaign where the party plays as Mercenaries in the River Kingdoms just as Brevoy blows up into civil war, the Orcs of Belkzen unite and march eastward, and the Whispering Tyrant awakens to summon a legion of undead to create a Charnel Empire in the north.

youtube.com/watch?v=4yis4kZaR80

tiddies?
also it looks like those people from rwby

>rwby fanboy
Don't you have nazis to defend somewhere?

wat

>Don't you have nazis to defend somewhere?
Nazis? what the hell happened to that series?

Pay your ticket for not wearing a seatbelt in your own vehicle goy. You are the one who was in the wrong - now you must pay us or we will ruin your life for your own good ;)

There's more RWBY fans in /pfg/ than that one guy, asshole. Calm your tits.

I hope GuildAnon didn't get scared off. I want a game to play!

>GM keeps throwing magic weapons at you that you can't use
>Keeps asking you why aren't you using those weapons
I dunno if he's literally stupid or a cunt

If this is about yesterday, the NPC was written with that from the Monster Codex.

I know you can build your own.

How do I make a character to pursue the ultimate Tao in Pathfinder?

>RWBY fans are nazis
...What?

Aren't there a number of interpretations regarding what Tao is, and how to go about pursuing it?

Does your PC keep a journal? What's in it? What would happen if the other PCs read it?

It would be updated

But I mean the ultimate Tao in PATHFINDER. Sure the absolute truth of reality is different in that reality than ours. The world is so different from ours, both in fundamental ways like the concepts of Good and Evil and in more transient ways seen from the perspective of living individuals. Magic alone does more than just paint a new color over reality, and it may well change the proper truth of the world even at its most base level.

Lots of naked drawings of the party members, some featuring pairs together engaged in sexual acts.

Needless to say, she doesn't show it to people.

If you are building a character around combat maneuvers is dirty trick and grapple simply the best ones, or does any other maneuver provide something better depending on the situation.

Grapple and Throat Slicer is a legitimate fighting style, in fact I'd go so far as to call it an effective one.

That's kind of my point. If people can't even decide what the Tao is out-of-game, how should anyone know what it is in a world where magic exists, pathways across the multiverse can be explored, and there is literally a glowing rock in the middle of a maze that can turn people into gods?

Alright, sure, that's fair, but even if we don't know what Tao means on Golarion, couldn't we still understand what a seeker of it would be like in Pathfinder? What kind of character should I make? INT-based, WIS-based? Both? Is there even a class that does both? I know there are a few INT+CHA dependent classes/archetypes but can't think of any for INT+WIS.

I play way more tieflings than anything else. My favorite tiefling heritage, however, is Devil-spawn; constitution and wisdom on a race that isn't dwarf is great. Makes for a great cleric.

What's a fun way to play a cleric? Never played a divine caster before

Do the Knowledge skills and your ranks in them represent everything your character has ever learned, or your character's ability to recall what they've learned?

Drown babies in the christening font, eat them later in the vestibule, exact agonizing revenge against those who default on loans from the Church's bank, and conduct yourself as a colossal pervert when it pleases you and you can keep people from finding out about it.

Do you mean your characters build, or how to RP it? If you're looking at RP, the best way to do it is to have uncommon but present reminders that your character is religious or otherwise attached to a god; I like curses for that. My current cleric is a lawful good pact servant of Asmodeus (the region lock on that trait is immensely stupid, so my GM allowed it to be taken elsewhere) and a good example of a curse would be "By Asmodeus's flames!"

If you mean mechanics, there's two ways I enjoy playing a cleric. The first is a pure buff machine; you cast buffs on yourself and others, then wade into melee to mix it up with your teammates. You have decent armor and weapons as a cleric, may as well use them, and your buffs can cover for stat and ability deficiencies you may have fairly well. The second way to do it is to play a high-end caster type; save-or-lose effects are something clerics can be pretty good at, while still retaining an immense amount of utility due to being prepared casters.

Semi-intelligent kangaroos with pouches that are actually Bags of Holding. People use them because they can defend themselves from theft unlike a normal bag of holding and, let's be honest, who DOESN'T want a kangaroo? Yes or no?

Tell me that art's from an official Paizo work, because I'd be bloody surprised they drew something that good.

It can mean either of those things. Usually, it's a mixture of both. You have basic knowledge of a field, and grow into it through your "occupation."

Sounds like something the Queensland Mages Guild probably made and uses

I couldn't say whether it's official art or not, I got it from /pfg/. Certainly fits the official art style, though.

That depends. How intelligent is "semi-intelligent"? How well can they tell if someone's allowed to reach in or not? Do you risk disembowelment if you reach in with cold hands?

3 INT, so barely above a dog in terms of intelligence, which means it can be taught tricks. It'd probably be able to recognise its owner and its owner's party. You probably do.

I agree, and he gets pissy whenever he is criticized, even if it is constructive criticism.

It's official art by Eva Widermann

>eva-widermann.de/project/dungeons-dragons-underdark/

>3 INT,
user, 3 int is minimum level for sapience. Once you get 3 and above, you start qualifying for feats and class levels

My DM is very strict on the idea that Knowledge skills are always a representation of what you have learned, and never your ability to remember. He says how good you are at remembering things isn't something that's mechanically represented in Pathfinder, and characters always remember something if they ever knew it. So, failing a knowledge check always means you never knew the answer, not that you can't remember or can't deduce it.

I'm just curious what other people think about his opinion. The only real mechanical impact it has on how we have to play is that our DM doesn't allow taking 10 on Knowledge checks ever, because you either know something or you don't, you don't try to recall it. That's a little annoying, but what really bugs me is what this kind of thing means for the game fluff-wise. It's just... weird.

I mean, 2 would work just fine, too.

>Kitsunes are natural shapeshifters
>Daikitsu has a bunch of nature related domains, is even True Neutral
>But there arent any variants that make it optimal for a kitsune to be a druid

Feels bad for me...unless such a variant does exist

the Herbalism nature bond for Druid is really weirdly written and kind of broken.

archivesofnethys.com/DruidHerbalism.aspx

Is the best replacement for it just "the druid gets Brew Potion as a bonus feat and can craft extracts + Infusions of Druid spells as an Alchemist does"? How does that compare to an Animal Companion or a Domain?

>He's so retarded he doesn't know Bloodforge Infusions exists

Bloodforge Infusions has +2 wisdom kitsune variants but I dunno if they're specifically what you're looking for.

Outside of Bloodforge, you're shit out of luck. Just like Elf players who want to actually play to the whole "close to nature" gimmick.

>tfw elves aren't Dex/Wis
>tfw dwarves aren't Con/Int

Paizo why.

Oh man, my druid might have to start with fuckin 18 Wis instead of 20. The fucking horror!

Dwarves about tradition, not innovation or analysis.

Granted stats are fucking arbitrary. Goblins only get a penalty to Charisma while orcs get penalties to everything, and yet Orcs still manage to form more functional societies with trade, weapon development, agriculture etc.

>Dwarves become +Con/+Int/-Cha
>All those save bonuses
>All that defensive utility
>King Wizard Dwarves

>20 Wis
>Not 18 Wis and actually being capable of having other stats

Shit nigga

Yeah, he does.

He writes it in a cipher, so it'd look like gibberish to anyone but him.

It's just him jotting down his feelings each day and him lamenting his wife.

That's dumb. That's really dumb. Your typical NPC only has two or three lives, so they only level up once or twice in their WHOLE LIFE. That kind of interpretation just means it's impossible for NPCs to learn new things.

>not innovation or analysis

I liked Kaladesh's take on Dwarves.

>druid
>needing other stats

I'm actually wanting to play a Druid.

Nature Fang + some kind of Herbalism that was actually fixed. Be a strength build and not!Alchemist.

Two in fact.
One's a personal diary, though nothing too personal since she has no hope of ever getting into a romantic relationship and pushed aside such thoughts.
The other is sketches, notes and calculations for traps she's either encountered or is trying to design, from basic mechanical stuff to others built from scavenged Numerian tech.

Your characters should hook up, sounds like it would be good for both of them.

So /pfg/ what kind of sword fighting styles can you suggest that makes you a special snowflake?

Use a longsword. Nobody uses a longsword because everybody is too busy sucking falcata and scimitar dicks.

Iaijutsu, but with a sword that looks dumb doing it

I did it with a bastard sword, and I even took ranks in Perform: Dance to look good while doing it.

Seems not that dumb when you consider katanas were considered MW Bastard Swords in 3e though.

Now...doing iaijutsu with a warhammer, spear or a sap is another thing

Or the super anime iaijutsu with fists.

N O D A C H I
O D A C H I N
D A C H I N O
A C H I N O D
C H I N O D A
H I N O D A C
I N O D A C H

It's the only functional record of what has happened because everyone else playing doesn't put effort into anything.

TWF Dueling Sword and Sawtooth Saber

Nah, that guy is still mourning and her issues are more "crucidaemon tiefling anatomy"

plus it seems that one of the NPCs in the game is working on an Alter Self item for her with intent to pursue a relationship once she's more human

Like this guy?

Exactly that guy. You can do that with PoW with Mithral Current and a feat.

>not iaijutsu with a gnomish battle ladder, a ranseur, orcish horn bow, or meteor hammers

Okay, fine, but I still insist they become pen pals.

Three sword style!

Greatswords are perfect for draw attacks

Our group homebrewed a rule that boils down to
>Knowledge check to see if you know something
>If failed, and the subject of the check is something that your character should know, make an intelligence check with the same DC minus your knowledge ranks as a kind of "memory check"
>Success gives slightly less information than you would have gotten otherwise
>Failure means your character doesn't know JACK about the subject at hand. The DM writes down what it was and will deny any future roll attempt by the same character on the same subject, unless they do research in-game
Considering how we play and knowledge rolls being very fucking useful, memory checks tend to happen only when really important stuff happens

Hey I need some 2nd opinions for a 3.5 game, though it's really a rhetroical question cause I already know it's a bad idea.

So my group is gonna be doing a side campaign when players can't make it to the main campaign.

Now are party is already leaning towards the evil side for this new seafaring campaign cause we want to be pirates. Now being a mostly evil group I decided I want to go Gnoll Cleric, which is frankly a bad idea. The party is starting at level 6, and if I'm not wrong I'll be 2 levels gnoll and 3 levels cleric with level adjust buyoff. But my DM is allowing the feat practiced spellcaster to let me function as a 5th level cleric casting wise so I won't be far behind my party in that regard to my spells will still be relevant. So that being said does a gnoll cleric seem like an interesting idea despite being a bad one, and if so what kinda build should I lean towards? Undead horde. melee with buff spells or some kinda inquisitor?

Not asking for people to build me my cleric, just want some opinions because I understand people here don't actually play pathfinder, but since it's 3.5 and somewhat similar I thought this might be the best place to ask

Pen pals could work out pretty well.

A metal bat

This is completely ridicolous because you have literally INFINITE COST-FREE POTIONS
AT LEVEL ONE

If I recall, gnoll has something like a +4 to STR, right? Swinging a bigass hammer and throwing down buffs should work just fine. That said, it is kind of fun having undead around, and hey, you could always use them to crew the ship.

That's pretty bancho my dude.

Only monsters use metal bats.

>Look up 3e/3.5e/PF material for stuff on roleplaying somebody who can only use one arm or is a cripple
>Find Arm of Nyr from Defenders of the Faith

Huh, this seems perfect if you want to be somebody like Sir Bedivere, Sacred Scabbard also seems neat for non-paladin martials

I know!

I want to get it changed so it's literally just Brew Potions + Extracts/Infusions rather than what it is now! That way I can actually play my innawoods bear dude.

Druid is an abomination of a class.

Our group just assumes that if a subject is something the character really SHOULD know about (like the local rules of their homeland), they have a lower DC for the knowledge check. Potentially, if it's something they REALLY should know, like goblins for a PC whose backstory involves spending years as a goblin hunter, the check's DC could be lowered to 10 (making it common knowledge, a check you can attempt even untrained) or 0 (meaning your character doesn't need to roll).

Mancatcher

Yah they get +4 STR, +2 CON, -2 INT and -2 CHA, but they get some other nifty shit, but yah I liked the idea of a gnoll cleric with some undead baddies on the ship while I buff up to bash some skulls

>A metal bat
>Looking dumb

Whoa, never said they would look dumb, just throwing out there he can use a metal bat

What anime is that, Boko no pico?

[Nandato, teme intensifies]

I thought it was Sandstorm no darude