Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Poor Autarch edition.

Previous >Warhammer Community news(Preview: The Great Devourer, Essential Accessories for Painters, and Great-value Scenery Bundles)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/29/preview-the-great-devourer-essential-accessories-for-painters-and-great-value-scenery-bundles/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=D1ZNeqYRaS4&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW&index=1

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Craftworld Eldar codex(thank you user)
>PDf
sendit.cloud/c7e7s4kue55i
>Epub
sendit.cloud/1wuv5xrub183

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/10/29/preview-the-great-devourer-essential-accessories-for-painters-and-great-value-scenery-bundles/
thetyranidhive.proboards.com/board/7/tyranid-general-board
youtube.com/watch?v=fgq0ecMHfzc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You have to face a Warlord Battle Titan and kill it in one turn with 4000 points of your faction of choice. What do you pick?

Bonus round: no MW spam.

First for Wraithseer.

10 shadowswords

My own Warlord Battle Titan

That's 40pts over.

Rise of the Ynnari: Ghost Warrior
Did we already saw this one available to download anywhere??

>GW focussing so much on board game shit instead of updating old minis

Who gives a shit about Necromunda? I want fucking new Chaos Space Marines.

Reposting
So im thinking about picking up the start collecting Chaos Daemons of Khorne the one with the index but i am afraid that as soon as i buy it the next Codex that comes after nids will be Daemons. Am i just being scared for no reason?

How many Dual Grav Leviathans can you run for 4000 points?

>warhammer-community.com/2017/10/29/preview-the-great-devourer-essential-accessories-for-painters-and-great-value-scenery-bundles/

>All the adaptions have been designed to be fun, thematic, and powerful; Hydra, for example, can re-roll hits in close combat against units they outnumber (which, with Tyranids, shouldn’t be too tricky!).

Shit, the leak user was right. Anyone else hype for everyone and their mom picking Jormungandr?

Shadowswords, a lot of them.

Assuming that I am in a 5th dimensional cube, I fill up the points with conscripts+officers to give them orders.

Five chaos falchions and a daemon prince for rerolls.

Chalky
Paint

9 cadian shadowswords with the leftover being lascannon sponsons

Can you faggots stop whining for a hot minute?

Also
>4th edition in a row
>3.5e Chaos wasn't hot shit for most of 4th Edition
>4e Chaos wasn't very powerful, but utterly bland, boring and unexciting
>implying implications

Yes, scared of what?

Get the box, nothing new is going to come out for Daemons of Khorne

everything i posted was from here & there's more
thetyranidhive.proboards.com/board/7/tyranid-general-board

Tell me about the Death Riders. Are they as cool on the battlefield as they look ?

Don't have mine yet, but that pose I love. That and just Wraith constructs in general below Knight level.

So when can I expect my Autarchs being fixed?

Scared of spending an additional 25 dollars on an index that will be obsolete in like the next month.

That's better, but you probably should spend 15pts on an astropath, or any character you can think of really) to get the old grudges warlord trait.

Don't buy the Index, pinch the one in the OP MEGA

I have but it's mobi.

Psychic scream, WC5, Targets nearest enemy within 18" does d3 mortal wounds. if the target is a psyker, also roll 2d6. if the value is higher than the enemy psyker's leadership, the enemy psyker loses 1 spell at random

paroxysm WC5, target enemy unit within 12" of the psyker fights last. (there's a whole big ass block of text here talking about exceptions and what not)

*cant remember the name* target unit within 36" of the psyker essentially gains synapse

here's a bunch of random (please do not swear)

old one is is now 9 wounds. 200 pts. hits of 6 generate one additional attack. can be equipped with a scything talons relic that +1s ap-3, 3dmg, +1 attack. uses behemoth warlord trait
swarmlord is t7, 12w, 4++. his blade parry makes it 3++. no other notable change i think. uses leviathan warlord trait

hivefleet gorgon warlord trait: enemy units within 3" of the warlord at the end of the turn take 1 mortal wound each on a 4plus
hivefleet behemoth warlord trait: on 6's to wound he deals an additional damage
hivefleet leviathan warlord trait: after deployment but before start of game, redeploy your warlord

tyrannocyte is now 100 pts. 5pts for each deathspitter.

hivefleet kronos stratagem: 2cp, when an enemy psyker attempts to cast a spell, make it use only 1 dice to roll
hivefleet behemoth stratagem: 2cp, choose on unit. roll a d6 for each charging model. for each 6 deal 1 mortal wound to the enemy unit it charged. for monsters its on a roll of 2+

2cp stratagem: choose one unit. at the end of the shooting phase it shoots again. (cannot target monsters)

maleceptors total pointage including wargear is 172. T7, 12W

Oh they already got fixed, fixed good.

tyranofex is 185 pts.
rupture cannon is 47 or 49.
rupture cannon profile is heavy 3, s10 ap-3 d6 damage. thats all. no more funky "if it hits both..blablabla"

exocrine with all wargear is 210 or something like that. minor points decrease
venomthropes and zoans are still fielded as units of 3
venomthropes when in grp of 3 also affect monsters. when in a grp of 6, the aura becomes 6".
the carnifex biomorpth that gives -1 to hit to enemy shooters does not stack with venomthrope. said biomorph is 10 pts.

genestealers remain the same. but have an option of getting +1 armour but they lose swift and deadly. (wtf GW)

there is a relic for any character that gives either +1S, +1A or +1T during fight phase. roll dice to see which buff
haruspex is something around 220 pts with wargear. not sure if any rules changed

There is no Necromunda thread so I'll ask here
For the ones who play Necromunda/Inq28, do you use homebrew vehicles/emplacements and rules for your scenarii or campaigns ?
Thinking about starting, I got old toys like a construction crane that I may want to use.

Please tell me that's not what I think it is.

Already have the one in the OP but i feel like i should have a physical copy for when i play.

hive tyrants can still take MRC
warp blast is the same except at a unit of 6 it deals d3+3 instead of d3+d3
neurothrope is cheap as balls. i want to say 45 but i'm not 100% certain.

the jormungandr stratagem is one giant cluster of weird ass sounding things. to give u an idea. before deployment u choose a unit(not monster) to deepstrike. it can deepstrike per normal rules but only from a 'tunnel'. then they go on to talk about what a 'tunnel' is. ravener, trygon and....one more thing... i cant remember... makes 'tunnels'

didnt manage to see the tyrannocyte transport rules. sorry :(

genestealers are still 12pts in total. 10 pts for body, 2 pts for rending claws

I can’t imagine getting an astropath within 6” of a warlord alive

Unless I completely misread that trait

a ravenguard captain so he cant be overwatched and get him in combat, then rest of points assault marines with various power fists and thunder hammers.

its how we kill testicles on the farm

Your shadowswords need to be within 6" of the warlord not the unit you're fucking shooting.

Well, what do you know! Ten Shadowswords' Volcano Cannons average 60 shots, 40 of which hit thanks to the SS's +1 to hit vs Titanic, that's 30 wounds thanks to the reroll to wound vs Titanic, 10 of them get past the void shields, and each one averages 7 damage, exactly equaling the Warlord's 70 wounds! What are the odds?

Of course, there's a few caveats. One, as points out, you're a bit overbudget, but it's workable. Two, the void shields degrade, meaning that after the first 10 wounds you're saving on 4s, after 50 you're saving on 5s, and after 60 on 6s. And of course, this is if the Shadowswords go first, otherwise they can get rekt by the Warlord before being able to move -- though the Warlord can't kill all ten in one turn with the number of weapons it has, it can easily get three or four.

Nevertheless, good choice! Says something that an equivalent amount of some of the best superheavy killers in the game are just enough to lay the Warlord low if they go first, but that's Forge World for you.

Cadian shadowswords reroll 1’s to hit and all to wounds versus titanic already, with nothing else 9 shadowswords will do 70.5 wounds with only their main guns

If GW puts out a multipart Autarch kit, so basically when they finish doing codex's and decide it is time to fuck shit up and put out campaign books and all that shit. Possibly a chapter approved down the line, doubt this year's. Autarch with Swooping Wings can take any sword relic as they have a power sword instead of a star glaive. Fusion Pistol is pretty baller as it is still going to melt most infantry and vehicles will whimper, that sweet -4AP, plus 1/6 chance to just do a mortal wound at the start of the fight phase thanks to the mandiblasters. Throw on Eye on Distant Events to let them charge and the enemy can't over watch them (no more need for banshee mask) and Ulthwe to let them have a 6+ feel no pain and you can have some fun. Pop on the Firesaber and every 6+ is a mortal wound, get +1 strength -4AP, standard 1 damage though. Or a Shard of Anaris for S:User AP-3 D3 damage and re-rolling failed to wounds. Not terrible, but, no more warp jump pack + reaper launcher and then taking character hunting warlord trait for maximum Eldar dickery.

Dont worry it's not green froot loops (the worst kind)

After the first shadowsword you'd probably use overlapping fields of fire so they'd be bs2+, and also 9 of them would be in superheavy detchaments so they get to reroll 1s to hit from doctrines.

>Who gives a shit about Necromunda? I want fucking new Chaos Space Marines.
the mind of every chaos space marine player

Falchions and bob

I personally think IG vs Nids is the coolest matchup possible in 40k.
I'm not even an IG or Nids player.

>Anyone else hype for everyone and their mom picking Jormungandr?
So you can get screwed over by all the ignores cover bonuses that exist? No thank you.

IT WAS FORETOLD!
>The Sons of Jormungandr is a Genestealer Cult. The Sons, as they call themselves, hail from a string of infested space stations that stretch across the Black Nebula. They worship the resurgent Hive Fleet that coils through the Thalassi Sector like some impossibly vast serpent. Using the relative privacy of orbital stations to mask their spread, the Sons prepare for the day when their patron Jormungandr reclaims its lost Patriarch, and in doing so, swallows the sector whole.

Personally I liek a Orks vs Nids battle.
Just meat, bone an dsteel crashing together, models being deployed and removed and dice being rolled by the shovel-load.

obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=fgq0ecMHfzc

Well, I pretty much ONLY have MW spam with a zillion deepstriking Fulgurites. Can't OTK any other way, but 27 Dunecrawlers will knock 16 wounds off per turn and kill it in 5ish.
I can bring 200 Fulgurites easily, but I can only Deep Strike half that and the Chaplainpriest Warlord (run out of CP and Deep Strike slots almost simultaneously). 100 Fulgurites (call it 90 with some generous overwatch) deal 40 wounds straight up, or 53 if the Warlord is in range of every blob.
I think I'll be able to chase it down and kill it eventually since there's another 100 priests moving in from the other side of the board, but Admech has no way to OTK it. You'd need 158 Priests to hit it, minus a few because of Voltagheist.

Oddly Admech is superb at killing Primarchs. Wrath Of Mars Kastelans or Corpuscarii ladle on the saves and Mortal Wounds, Fulgurites hit hard enough that 20 of them charging will kill Magnus or 10 Guilliman provided there's a reroll priest nearby with some room for bad dice and a 2nd fight phase if they fail. They're my goto "You don't have that unit anymore" boys.

Which other C U C C B O I Z excited for the new Citadel buttblug?

I want cultists with weapon options, necromunda gangers seem to fit that requirement so long as they're not horrifically expensive

>and then they released the gang boxes for £40 for ten gangers including pre equipped monopose gang leaders and heavies

The instructions for the gangers already leaked, primaris levels of pose, but, the arms are happily interchangeable with any other critter of that size.

A Relic Leviathan Dreadnought is 175pts. Each Grav-flux Bombard is 50pts more, plus 34 pts for the two mandatory heavy flamers bringing us up to 299 points per.

So that's 13 Dual-Grav Leviathans with a few points to spare. Each one shoots four times, hitting on 2s, wounding on 5s, versus the 3+ (degrading) void shields, doing 5 wounds a pop. Without considering degradation, that's 24 wounds -- barely over a third of the Warlord's 70! Not such a good choice, I'm afraid.

If we ease up a bit and include degradation, it takes 22 of the 52 total shots to strip off the first layer of defense, and the next 30 shots saving on 4s bring us up to... 31 wounds. No go, I'm afraid.

Nah, that bottom ridge is gonna do a scrapeout, makes a mess and wastes lube.

>GW actually made a buttplug

And people said Slaanesh was going to be squatted

having broken my termie captain that i spent 2 weeks on after trying to get him off a paint pot he was taked to I would very much like to purchase this

I don't think you can choose the equipment for the bosses or heavies though can you?

Anyone have a link to the Last Hunt ePub or pdf?

Heard it was alright

I wonder what sneaky tactics will Jormugandr have, deep tunneling bullshit and constant cover sounds right up my alley!.

-1 to hit at over 12 inch :^)

Ha HA!

800 Hormaguants.

Imperial Fists are a silly Chapter.

Is there anyway someone could mirror the Eldar book on a different site? Sendit isn't working for me at all

No, but, for cultists or other things in 40k they should work pretty nicely.

>anime pic
>"cuck"
>update muh not that old models
Chaos everyone!

>You cannot engage these monsters as you would a conventional xenos threat. They are unlike any other enemy this damnable galaxy has to throw at us. They fight not as a gathering of sentient warriors, but as the billion-strong extensions of a single mind. They are the ultimate predator. But gentlemen, having said all that… how many predators have we hunted, trapped and killed on Myralis when we were last on leave? I assure you, this one will be no different.

– Admiral Golkin Vatt, Imperial Navy battlefleet 472-Pacificus, to his assembled deck officers prior to his victory over the Great Devourer at the battle of High Anchorage, 997.M41

Why is the Imperial Fleet so based?

nah we already know they alwayabuave cover (so +1 to saves most of the time)

no had the -1 hit trait because GW wants you to buy their newly buffed venomthropes kit.

Imma use those revolver shotguns as bolters from now on. Too good to pass up.

>rupture cannon profile is heavy 3, s10 ap-3 d6 damage. thats all. no more funky "if it hits both..blablabla"
Awesome

Any word on biomorphs for non-carnifex units?

plastic emperor's children when

Oooh, this is an interesting one! In the interest of saving time, let's assume you're somehow playing in a 12" radius sphere with the Warlord at the center or something so that you can have every conscript within range of it at the same time.

A 30-man unit of Conscripts plus a Platoon Commander for the Order is 110pts. This gives us enough points for 36 such units plus 13 lone Conscripts. So assuming they're all within Rapid Fire range and the officers give First Rank Fire Second Rank Fire to all of them, taking into account that the order will fail for half of the conscripts, we have... oh dear...

A total of 3302 S3 shots, 36 of them hitting on 3s (officers) but most on 5s, wounding on 6s (much like everything weaker than lascannons against the Warlord's T16), getting past the void shields a third of the time for a total of, drumroll please, 309 wounds!!! Don't you just love 8th ed?

In fact, let's throw that overkill out. Let's discount the officer's shooting, the lone squad, and all the excess conscripts. As it turns out, you only need 8 30-man conscript blobs plus a single 8-man unit, all buffed with FRFSRF, to kill a Warlord Battle Titan in a single turn of shooting. This runs you 864 points, counting the officers, to the Warlord's 4000.

This is pretty goddamn funny if you ask me.

just pure speculation. but I wouldn't expect any. GW seems to pretty much always go just by the kits options recently, and only the fex kit had extra options.

About half a year after the World Eaters.

Chaos marines do show a lot of age though.I personally am in favor of new berserker kit more than anything. It's very jarring to compare berserkers to new kharn

Doesn't the Tyrant come with options?

God this is finally going somewhere

Sadly, that'll perform worse than the Shadowswords since their Codex buffed them to 3d3 shots for their Volcano Cannons, making each one almost as good as the Falchions' 2d6 Twin Volcano Cannons. You lose out on a fair bit of point efficiency that way, but with degradation I'm pretty sure you still make the cut.

>there will never be an nth dimensional ruleset of 40k.

Sorry I forgot to resize, the picture is fuckhuge

What are you guys expecting/hoping from a Slaanesh release?
> Fulgrim, probably incorporate a few aspects of his snake-look but a bit more updated, equal match for Ynnead
> Some kind of ‘meatshield’ troops unit, Slaangors?
> Noise Marines get more options, assault themed shit like Flamers/Heavy Flamers (Prometheum Pleasure)
> Phoenix Guard
> Lucius
> Palatine Blades, maybe Assault Marine inspired with Jump Packs and Power Swords
> Vindicator-esque assault noise tank
> New KoS would be nice, but unlikely

>the jormungandr stratagem is one giant cluster of weird ass sounding things. to give u an idea. before deployment u choose a unit(not monster) to deepstrike. it can deepstrike per normal rules but only from a 'tunnel'. then they go on to talk about what a 'tunnel' is. ravener, trygon and....one more thing... i cant remember... makes 'tunnels'

...rippers ?

Here have a teaser.

>‘They’re on the hull,’ Davrick said. Before he could go on, a crash shattered the breathless quiet. The section directly above Crasus’ chair, in the centre of the station’s cockpit, collapsed. With it came a flood of broiling green liquid that struck Crasus just as he looked up.

>If the old sensorum master managed to draw breath to scream, the bio-acid flooded his mouth, throat and lungs before he could make a sound. Davrick caught an impression of his death as he was lost entirely in the torrent– flesh sloughing from bones, organics consumed in a heartbeat. The rest of the crew recoiled, but too slowly– Sereen, nearest to the centre of the cockpit, was struck by the acidic spray. Her hands went up to her exposed face, and her screaming filled the claustrophobic space.

>‘No!’ Ankum wailed, lunging across his bench to catch the augur analyst as she collapsed. He managed to drag her hands away from her face, then recoiled. Her features had already been reduced to pockmarked bone, her eyeballs running like liquid from their sockets, meat and tendon slipping away with her fingers. Still she screamed. Ankum doubled over and was sick.

>Davrick, whose station was furthest from Crasus’ chair, scrambled back on top of his bench as the flood of acid spread across the decking plates. Sereen had collapsed into the rising swill, her body coming apart. Ankum tried to push himself against his vox-banks but was sick again, and collapsed. The bugs got to him before the acid.

Yea conscripts are just insane for how much they cost. But you cant make them cost too much more because then they would be utterly useless. I know the drawback is morale but still even that seems to be a shit way to deal with them.

>There were insects in the hissing, steaming slime– writhing, sightless maggot-things with hard black shells. They swarmed from the discoloured, vomit-like bio-matter, the air full of the susurration of their passing as they swiftly covered the deck and then the cogitator stations, workbenches and walls, riding the rising tide of acid. First hundreds and then thousands of them reached Ankum, swarming over his boots and knees and up his arms where he was crouched against the vox-systems. He tried to scream, but choked on his own bile. His eyes rolled back into their sockets as the alien swarm began eating him alive.

>Korday killed himself. Face still streaked with tears, he leapt directly from his bench into the stream that had consumed Crasus and his command chair. He was gone in an instant, as the breach in the station hull was burned wider.

>As Ankum’s eaten-out remains collapsed into the bio-organics sloshing about the cockpit’s deck, Davrick stood rooted to the top of his bench. He couldn’t think, couldn’t move. He was in the throes of panic– a part of him realised he should end it quickly like Korday, but another part was desperate for another way out, any way out that avoided the nightmare bile that was burning away everything. It was digesting them whole. Even as the terror kept him in place Groll’s binary chair collapsed, pitching the unresponsive tech-adept into the effluvium. His red cloak billowed for a moment before he was lost, coming apart amidst the steaming clouds of liquefied organics.

>For a moment, Davrick was alone. For a single, ludicrous second, everything felt surreal, ridiculous, almost calm. It had to be a nightmare. None of this horror could possibly be real.

>Then his bench collapsed.

8 suads
30 men
4 shots
(1/3) hit
(1/6) wound
(1/6) aren't saved

8*4*30*(1/3)*(1/6)*(1/6)=8.88888888889~~9

9 wounds is not 70.

your math is off and warlords also have a 2+ save.
That conscript blob only deals 31 wounds to a warlord titan with its 3302 shots.

>‘Oh, God-Emperor, no!’ he screamed, trying to scramble back onto the plasteel’s disintegrating remains. ‘No, no, no!’

>The bio-acid caught him, sloshing around his boots and his lower fatigues. His panicked wails quickly turned to screams of agony as the material was eaten away, exposing flesh that in turn began to slough off. Muscle and sinew became grey, organic paste, that revealed bone that gave way and splintered beneath its own acid-gnawed weight.

>Davrick died slowly, on his knees, eaten up inch by inch by the bile and the sightless, burrowing things that swam in it. Eventually the insects flooded his raw throat, choking and suffocating him as they ate out his eyes and bored through his nose and ears and into his brain. The acid took what remained.

>As another section of the hull caved to emit a fresh gout of vicious toxins, the picture of Amilia and Drui fell from the side of Davrick’s primary viewscreen into the flood. In an instant, the smiling wife and son were gone, consumed entirely.

So is there anything worse than fighting Nids in 40K?

>What are you guys expecting/hoping from a Slaanesh release?

Plastic Noise marines. plastic Sonic Hellbrute, plastic Keeper maybe

To wish for any more is fucking lunacy

Your math is wrong. To get FRSRF conscripts need to pass the 4+ orders, which makes it 4*.5*.333...*.1666....*.1666.... for a total of .0185 wounds per script. this means to do just one wound 54 conscripts, or 3780 conscripts to kill one in one turn. which costs 11,340 points, or quite a bit more than the warlord.
>implying the WT would ever fucking take it's void shields instead of it's 2+ armor save against lasguns
What the fuck is wrong with you?

just the adrneal glanda and toxin sacs it already had acceas to in the rules.
I meant no other kits have options that didn't already have rules.

That'll be $39.99 my goyim.

>old one is is now 9 wounds. 200 pts. hits of 6 generate one additional attack. can be equipped with a scything talons relic that +1s ap-3, 3dmg, +1 attack. uses behemoth warlord trait
>swarmlord is t7, 12w, 4++. his blade parry makes it 3++. no other notable change i think. uses leviathan warlord trait
Is that a net buff for OOE? Seems a pretty hefty points hike and the relic isn't that much better than the scytalons.

Swarmy looks like he'll be even metter in melee now though. A 3++ is no joke, may even stand up to the primarchs.

I guess it really depends on if GW decides nid dex will follow "conversions are ok" or "fuck you, no models no rules" design philosophy
I seriously hope it's the former, because if any army should be like that, it's nids

DE

DE is always the most unpleasant to fight. With DE you are lucky to die