In a setting in which orcs are samurai, what nation are other classic fantasy races and why?

In a setting in which orcs are samurai, what nation are other classic fantasy races and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Maʿarri
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>samurai
You mean, japanese?

No, spanish samurai.

>If X = Y, then what is Z?
Non sequitur nigger. Orcs being samurai does not automatically mean that other races automatically become other things. If you even remotely want to get this thread going, you might start out by explaining what stereotypically Orcish traits make them fit for their society being a feudal Japan stand-in. Then maybe we can discuss what stereotypical fantasy race traits conform to what stereotypical historical/national traits.

So go ahead, what makes orcs perfect feudal Japanese rather than the more tradition-centric dwarves or the elves obsessed with beauty and folding their blades one gorillion times?

Elves are Three Kingdoms China (high elves, drow, and wood elves), halflings are Japan-occupied Korea, dwarves are golden-age Islam, Gnomes are India under the caste system (but with a little Renaissance Italy thrown in for INVENTION), humans are the Mongol horde just fucking with everybody, and some other less iconic fantasy race is the Buddhist stand-ins.

I always thought orcish armor in TES looked very Japanese.

>The elves are english longbowmen cause archery n shit.
>The dwarves are the tercio-styled infantry cause heavy armour, polearms and kickass guns.
>Another elven faction are the mongol horsemen since they have an affinity for their animals and archery.
>Gnomes are the irish because why not?
>lizardmen are the Aztecs because of the stone-based weaponry.
>Skaven are the muricans because they eat junk for food and keep stealing shit from other people

>the elves obsessed with beauty and folding their blades one gorillion times
Elves are more into making their swords beautifully looking than beautifully crafted.

>dwarves are golden-age Islam
OH BOY TIME TO POST THIS SHIT AGAIN

>orcs are samurai
elves are pirates
dwarfs are cyborgs

I always thought it was more on the Mongolian side

I think the dress code for women in the golden age of Islam was less strict than even the most forgiving Muslim-ruled countries today, but I'm no expert and I'm just using Aladdin as my point of reference.

Though thinking about it a bit more it might be better if I switched Dwarves and Gnomes. Golden Age Islam fits better with SCIENCE and the caste system seem more up Dwarf alley.

Wrong one.

morrowind?

>elves are pirates
Nah, humans are pirates.
Elves are vampires.

No, elves make weapons both beautifully and masterfully. However, they're not better swordsmiths than humans.
Elves are far less concerned with accumulating wealth, so they can spend half a decade just crafting and perfecting one weapon. They're also far more patient than humans, so they feel perfectly fulfilled while in the process of crafting it.
A human smith might be able to make a dozen or more good swords in half a decade. An elf will make one masterful sword in that same timeframe.

Morrowind's Orcish armour was the best rendition.

Samurai. They are all samurai now.

Sengoku Tolkien when?

That makes them more like tibetan monks or some of those weird tribes with incredibly detailed rituals where they just make very complicated things for the sake of them being beautiful so they can then feel the glory of art and I'm just mixing a lot of different cultures, aren't I?

Mixing existing cultures is the best way to do demi-human races.

>Sengoku Fantasy
>A world filled with orcs, elves, dwarves, dragonborn, fae, succubi, angels, catfolk, merfolk et cetera to fuck into submission in order to unify Japan

Skyrims was alright even if it went with more of a Mongolian thing. As long as it isn't fucking Oblivions orc armor. Next entry definitely has to play up the Samurai angle again. Face Masks with exaggerated emotions are the best.

please sauce?

Soviet Russian themed Tieflings? Dragonborn?
French Elves?

"Listen to me, son. When you venture to Russia, do not go to the forests. Do not listen to your comrades who tell you of the grand forage to be had, or the beautiful sights. They do not know what awaits them.

All I may tell you is that a musket ball is more merciful than the teeth of a wolf. For they are there, my son. You may see them on the field in their simple green coats, as unassuming as enemies may be, but they are something far more terrible. They will stalk you to your end if you lose yourself among the trees. Stay with your unit. Light the fires in the night, and sleep in shifts, so a man may see their glinting eyes in the dark whenever they may show themselves.

For if you do not, two things may happen- either you shall feel the pain of a Russian musket ball enter you for a moment, and then feel nothing- or you shall feel teeth sink into your throat, and the last thing you shall see is an imposing shape in the tatters of a Russian coat before you."

- Words of an anonymous French father to his son upon learning of the latter's conscription to the Russian invasion. Paris, 1812

The elves are daimyo and dwarves are nongfu

Google says it's Nectar of Dharani, which is by the same author/artist duo that made Seikon no Qwasar and were both involved in Mai-Hime and Mai-Otome. I expect it to be hella lewd and involve lesbians, breastfeeding, or both.

This. I'm no expert but from what I understand, things were way more laid back during the golden age. Also the type of clothes Jasmine wore in Aladdin would be what a prostitute wears, not a princess. The upper classes were simultaneously indulging in wine and women, while still being concerned about modesty and honour. The lower classes would be more straight up religious. Also check this atheist out: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Maʿarri

>Skaven are the muricans because they eat junk for food and keep stealing shit from other people
please do not denigrate my culture

>Pompous, at once both exceedingly civilized and associated with simple connections to the land
>Derided and mocked for their "incompetence" and "cowardice" in war despise having the best long-term military record in history
>Seen as being smarmy and rude if you visit them without learning their customs
>Were once the masters of the civilized lands, but are reduced to a small fragment of their former glory
Why aren't your elves shouting Vive L'Empereur, Veeky Forums?

Because its Vive La Republique you fucking monarchist back to the guillotine with you

>Elves
>Republique
Nah, thy live too long, they'll eentually fall into some kind of ageocracy

>Skyrims was alright even if it went with more of a Mongolian thing
Skyrim was the worst. Oblivion's wasn't pretty, but resembled real armor. Orcs are supposed to be some of the finest smiths around, but Skyrim's orcish looks all crude.