youtube.com/watch?v=dvgZkm1xWPE
youtube.com/watch?v=fte2YrMta7g
youtu.be/lIVgxFabzdE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What the FUCK is going on here?

First for Stormcast aren't that bad.

First for shitlore

Rats doing rats shit. You can find it in the Pestilens battletome

Against the power of Chaos there can be no victory. We must join with them, user. We must join with Chaos. It would be wise, my friend.

Retardation.

Had my first trial game with the new Steelheart's Champions warscroll. I was surprised how well they worked.
My army was a mostly defensive Liberator/Judicator mix with hero support and some Protectors. The trio stuck close to my Lord-Celestant in the center and kept moving in between the lines to help out against the worst attacks. Pleasantly surprised.

It's an allegorical representation of Skaven gnaw-holes between realms. It does not mean that the realms are being eaten by giant rats.

Quality storytelling and a superior universe to WHFB

Or we could not do that and instead band together to spread order across the realms, reunite our long-lost brethren and push back the doom of the old world that seeks to undo everything man, elf and dwarf have wrought.
That would be truly wise. Y'know, instead of taking the easy way out, like a bitch. But I get it, hard work and difficult trials are not for everybody. Some just want to coast along on unearned power.

Lorefag again, so I can wrap my head around the AOSverse being akin to a bunch of islands you have to travel between, but one critical thing alienating me from this universe is how impossible it seems for ordinary individuals to live in such a world.

I could relate to fantasy because a lot of the lore revolved around politicking, peasantry and society but most factions in AOS seem to totally lack all of this, the Stormcast being a major example. How in the hell do the fyreslayers feed themselves? If I see a Captain of the Empire screaming at orks on the cover of a book, I can understand that on an emotional level, but the steely faced Stormcast eternals defy relatability.

Granted Fantasy has the lizardmen who face a similar problem of having an underdeveloped lore relating to their society but the analogy of them basically being a failsafe biological computer programme by the old ones made that work for me. The only living breathing faction that currently exists in the AOSverse are the kharadron overlords, but perhaps a lot of this is speaking from ignorance.

It doesn't help that a lot of the realms are treated as totally uninhabitable in the lore anyway.

Against the Chaos, there can be no victory.

Only until GW hire some actually creative writers anyway.

Soon

Do you actually try to read any novels or books other than battletomes?

Have you tried reading any of the novels? If not, try City of Secrets, Spear of Shadows and Auction of Blood.
And, say, Ogre Kingdoms were no more or less developed than Bonesplitterz are now. Yes, Empire (and to a lesser degree Bretonnia) were relateable, but the other factions were still pretty fucking outrageous. As such it's not really that different.

FROM THE DUSTY MESA

>It doesn't help that a lot of the realms are treated as totally uninhabitable in the lore anyway.

There are still animals and farmland and shit

An user asked about songs that goes together with your dudes in the last thread. Let's try this.
I know this one is pretty tired but it made me want to run a free peoples warband of penal brigade last survivors
youtube.com/watch?v=vSkb0kDacjs

SCE only become interesting when you delve into their background. Each is a former mortal hero that was stolen from battle (which their side probably lost) that gets hit with hammers until he shits lightning, only to be thrown into battle after battle without pause or respite. And when they die they are sent back to start the process anew, except they loose a little bit of themselves in that reforging, slowly being robbed of their individuality, wit and humanity. But they accept that, because it's the right thing to do. Better they suffer a thousand deaths than those under their protection.

Personally, I like the fact that the possibility of them completely losing their humanity scares the shit out of them.
Yes, they accept it, but that doesn't mean they're not afraid of it. I like that kind of thing, that even though they're immortal in body, they're not so in mind, so they still have a fear of death. It's just a little more metaphorical, is all.

What music would suit orcs? Legit having trouble thinking of any tracks for that.

late 80s, early 90s, hiphop

>Yes, they accept it, but that doesn't mean they're not afraid of it
That's why they are trying to find the glass in the Shadespire
Nazi-metal and not even trolling. Orcs were based on skinheads

Interesting how conflicted your choices are Anons.

Obryn from Shadespire is a pretty sad example there. He used to be a jovial, boisterous guy with good humor, now he just fights on command and little else.

My mixed Dwarfs, who are more of a marauding warband than a noble throng (Fyreslayers, man): youtube.com/watch?v=Fgdcl57ESe8
My Death army, led by one King Ethelred, who has been reduced to Saturday Morning Cartoon Villain-dom in undeath: youtube.com/watch?v=dvgZkm1xWPE is pretty much how he sees himself.

On that note (heh), I've always thought that this song fits the Seraphon: youtube.com/watch?v=fte2YrMta7g

Try something with a lot, and I mean a LOT, of percussion, possibly with a slight tribal theme.

Anything by Za Frumi

I would honestly prefer The Scourge over the shitstain D&D made.

I wonder, has anyone placed Hammerhal's epub on the resources already?

it's a collection of old short stories that are all already there

Hammerhal, the novella, is new though.

You're wrong, user. There is one new novella in it called Hammerhal (hence name of the book).

dope good thing I bought one (seriously it's meth cheap just go buy it)

we slaanesh now

Nice, those are pretty cool looking user.

How are Nurgle Daemons in AoS?

I play Death Guard in 40k but was thinking of getting some Nurgle Daemons since I can summon them and they have some good synergy with some units.

A side effect to that is that I can maybe give AoS a go. But are they any good? I had a look at their warscrolls and they seem kinda bad but I'm not really the judge since I know next to nothing.

Wouldn't have thought purple would work but you've done it you absolute mad man.

Didn't even realise these were converted at first glance. Well done user

Yeah it's remarkable how much a few bits swaps and paint job can completely change the dynamic and feel of a unit.

Doesn't help that their design makes them look like they're already the mindless automatons of order that they could eventually end up as; clashes a lot with the Solar Exalted premise, but once you get that they're people under there and not just Rubric Marines of Good, it's a kind of grim foreshadowing.

Good job.

These make me want to build and paint my Hellstriders.
I had them for a year but never got the chance.

>But they accept that, because it's the right thing to do.
No, they don't.
They dont have a choice in being chosen, they dont have a choice in being reforged, and they dont have a choice in going to battle.

It's ironic that the Slaves to Darkness are forced into a life of servitude to the Chaos Gods but ultimately they made that choice for themselves - they could have chosen to die instead. Sigmar does not give the Stormcast this choice.

Stormcast are angels, and it's a fitting aesthetic because dogmatic angels don't have free will.

Also worth noting that free will is what feeds chaos, so maybe Sigmar is okay with slowly turning his chosen heroes into emotionless husks?

Contrast this to the Sylvaneth that not only have total free will but also have the ability to reshape Alarielle into her War Aspect so she can save the Sylvaneth from Nurgle.

Becoming a stormcast is more like a curse created out of necessity from a desperate god that needed to fight an infinitely large and infinitely long war.

Stormcast are tragic as fuck.

They were designed to fight Chaos, which thrives and feeds off of individuality and emotion.

A khorne berzerker charging his foe would see the face of his enemy - either terror or defiance - and that emotion fuels his bloodlust.

Charging a stormcast wearing his helmet is unnerving. It has no emotion, no personality, no individuality. It is total anathema to chaos, which perverts individuality and corrupts emotions.

Maybe Ive read too much into it, but it seems like GW actually wrote a pretty compelling narrative with the Stormcast (maybe it was an accident?) and their aesthetic really plays into it.

Not him, but those that don't want it don't survive the reforging. All that do don't see it as a curse.

Does anyone know what happened to Neferata after the Slaaneshi ransacked Nulahmia? Did she get raped and die or something?

I could have sworn she survived due to assistance from the Stormcasts.

Hell no.
Stormcast arrived, crushed the horde and bartered with Neferata (who was immediately mindjacked by Nagash) on their way to Mannfred, I think.
I haven't actually READ this bit, you understand, but from what I've heard she's still active and still serving Nagash (because it's not like she has much of a choice).

Can confirm Fyreslayers love Flamin' Hot Cheetos and Taco Bell's big box deals.

Pic unrelated.

I think From Whom the Bell Tolls fits my Nurgle army

youtu.be/lIVgxFabzdE

Nurgle is pretty decent, albeit slow but sturdy like Nurgle always is. Combined with heroes and they become pretty powerful.
And to get some more speed you could always ally in some Slaneesh or Brayherd units

Can I hear some suggestions of a skirmish campaign plots that would tie nicely to firestorm?

every time you post you make me very self conscious of my own converted marauders and how much worse they turned out

Adding some everwinter to my bcr army! Allied custom butcher with cauldron complete, behemoths complete, 1 of 8 mournfang complete.

And now some battle reports:

Seraphon summoning aggressive list with slann and attack guys.
Me on a Eurlbad with 2 thundertusks and some cats.
2k Total Conquest.

He puts out his Slann and some guys in the corner edge away from me and gives me first turn and I rally around my two points, scoring. I have only one thundertusk at the left point to try to entice him to teleport in to take it. His turn one he summons a chain of dudes and then teleports on a 6 to my left point, then fails to charge the thundertusk with his attack dinosaurs. We roll for initiative, and I win, maintaining proper turn order. Everyone gallops over and I charge and shoot his heroes. The uninjured thundertusk turns around slowly and rolls a 4 to blast the slann full to dead off the table, with over 400 points of seraphon now trapped with no one who can summon them, he concedes.

We play again with the same lists, and this time he takes no risks and wins easily by teleporting units of 20 skinks near objectives to auto-capture from me since my units basically can't have more than 2 or 4 models in them. His Slann stays 8+18 away from tusks at all times and blinks back and forth. I kill lots of his guys, but it's all offered-up targets and I don't have the numbers to project across the board.

The third game he plays balewind vortex kroak starcaller aoe meteor spam. My thundertusk gets charted down to d3 mw on the cannon instantly on turn 1 and fails every blizzard-speaker and pelt healing roll for the entire game and is hence useless. This makes kroak on the vortex out of reach and immune to my entire army as he uses blanket aoe mw spell and other mw spells to just run me out of guys about 40" around the whole table. I have no way to stop this so all my guys just die and he wins so easily we decide that it's not even helpful to playtest this matchup.

>Also worth noting that free will is what feeds chaos, so maybe Sigmar is okay with slowly turning his chosen heroes into emotionless husks?
That is exactly my problem with the SCE. Why did they make them THIS perfect? I mean as far as I understand it, corrupted or just rogue SCE aren't explicitly ruled out, but it's not clear if it's even possible either. That has always been one of the more interesting aspects of Space Marines to me. Aside from their physical abilities and equipment, they relied heavily on their will. SCE don't need that because they are basically robots.

2k vs Archaon Khorne with 3 priests and 3 command-buff heroes, and lots of mortals.
me on eurlbad with 1 thundertusk and skal.

These happened awhile ago so it's hard to remember, but we played duality of death and knife to the heart.

The first game he had archaon with tons of buffs, so I just ran away counter clockwise killing his dudes and capturing points, and put him in situations where he either had to camp archaon on an objective to capture it (and waste like 800pts babysitting) or chase me and easily devour any unit in my army. Major victory on points.

Second game I lined up huskard and 6 mournfang all charging archaon, and shot him with ice cannon. The inaccurate but powerful gargant hackers all rolled well, and even with archaon on a 2+ he was chopped down to 5 wounds, while slayer of kings instantly killed the stonehorn in one hit, then his mount ate two mournfang. Next turn archaon retreats, next turn I charge him off the table, then clean up the other half of his army without having to deal with 4 command abilities a turn. Major victory.

>seraphon player concedes early on when things don't go his way
>in the rematch he uses kroak vortex
typical

>waaaah why no chaos cast

No fuck off

2k vs Ironjaws, balanced ironfist with maw crusher, 2 warchanters, grot shaman, 30 block of ardboys, the rest msu brutes.
I'm on frostlord and butcher, skal, 4 mourn, 1 tusk, 1 SH beastriders

Given first turn, move up a few inches but not enough to get charged (I'm later proved wrong). Hunter and cats teleport in to score points and screen. He rolls 5s and 6s on ironfist movement and gets all the charges, killing everything before I can activate with smashing and bashing. I've lost a critical number of units, but I can counter-charge provided init follows the proper order. He wins the double turn and that's game.

Given first turn. Hunter drops in with cats and gets both objectives. Everyone moves up, thundertusk shoots ardboys and rolls a 1 (in retrospect I lose here). beastriders charge into ardboys, does like 7 wounds, and is killed by damage 1 attacks that ignore stone skeleton. Fully buffed stonehorn fights maw crusher 1 on 1, both hurt, but stonehorn is winning. Thundertusk blasts the half health maw crusher off the table. All my important charges fail even with rerolls from bellowing voice. His turn the green tide starts spreading over the board and I don't have enough guys to deal with it, I'm put into a bunch of combats and 40/60 most of them, except frostlord is killed by 5 normal brutes after I fail the vast majority of my saves. Ardboys envelop tusk and tarpit him and the entire skal for the rest of the game. His brutes roll 1 on mystical for two turns and fail to capture my north objective. I roll 6 for everwinter, roll the 6 required, then of course get 1 damage what a trash army trait. Tusk dies, mournfang die, butcher dies, cat dies. Bottom of turn 3 is when I mostly run out of guys and he wins on points hugely. Failed charges and ice cannon were big, and I blundered on mourn placement by 1/2" on the left objective on turn 3, but I won every init roll and we figured he'd have still won even if all of that went my way.

You want a brief summary of the AoS lore ? Read the Skirmish Rulebook description of the Mortal Realms, and Age Of Myth-Chaos-Sigmar timeline.

Then, read the main AoS Rulebook, and the Gate Of Azyr novella (helps you see how life works in the realms ; in the Age of myth, human and duardin were either tribes of barbarian or primitive hunters ; aelf too but only in Azyr - then Sigmar brings everyone together and civilization starts - Finally in the Age of Chaos it's primitive again, but post-apocalpytic ; i.e. high fantasy Conan meets Mad Max).

If you want a good look at how a "normal" life works for other races, check the Sylvaneth Batteltome and read Legends Of The Age of Sigmar : Sylvaneth (do the same for Fyreslayers ; BT & LofAoS) ; you'll see how they eat, conduct funerals, reproduct, etc.

That's for the fluff before "Season Of War : Seeds of Hope & Firestorm" ; you can read the fluff about it (we have pdf it's great) ; now we see cities and more civilization growing, with some (SOME) similarities to the Old World (in how society works).

And about those cities, City Of Secret, Spear Of Shadow and Hammerhal (see OP) are great.

Oh, and check the map of Aqshy and Ghyran from the Stormcast Eternals Battletome (it has locations linked together, and places first seen in the Realmgate Wars campaign).

But if you want the basic : Skirmish, main AoS book, Gate Of Azyr and Hammerhal is enough.

it was a proper concession, and we both decided it gave us time for a second game, it wasn't poor sportsmanship!

Nice conversion an reports. Especially love how the Lizardmen player went full retard over the 3 games.

That wasn't my point though. Try to obtain some reading comprehension you gigantinc fucking nigger.

Things I learned:

Stonehorn are really fun to play!
Frostlord with mystic shield and blade of all-frost is awesome, but at 460+140 for a butcher babysitter it's just too costly.
Stone skeleton is useless and stonehorn of all types just don't have the staying power you need them to have not to run out of guys at around turn 4.
Thundertusks are like high noon, opponents mostly zone themselves out trying to stay out of range. If a thundertusk is ever injured he is a pile of shit. Each time you fire his cannon it's about 120 points so it really must count.
Mournfang are babe ruth. Strike out constantly, but a battleline unit with rend -1 damage 3 weapons hit home runs whenever they connect.
Butcher is frustratingly random, but we need mystic shield so bad and even a 1in3 chance at +1 to hit is worth it.
Frost Sabers and a Skal are great for babysitting points, but don't ever screen with them, and the Hunter is a piece of shit warscroll with OP deepstrike. He's there to steal points and then die pathetically in some combat. A hero with a 5+ save and no rend gfto.
Eurlbad mortal wounds on 6s is legit, but the reqs and cost are probably not worth a battalion.
Being out-dropped every single game is demoralizing.
Army is very unforgiving. Expensive random magic, poor defense, inaccurate offense, damage comes from the charge more than the ensuing combat. A lot of games you get ahead on points and just can't hold it together without spreading too thin or running out of models.

We just don't have enough guys. This was always going to be the case, but man the battleplans really fuck you in the ass if you are an army that can't easily field blobs of 20 idiots. Being outnumbered was manageable when our behemoths were OP to make up for it, but now they're 'balanced' so we end up net negative, and in the majority of games tend to run out of models by turn 4. People wondered if allied gutbuster grots would help, but god damn do they look terrible.

And your point is shit, because you need to be spoonfed traitors into a 2 year old narrative that hasn't gone much beyond the initial clash.

Would a mixed skaven force have to use the Chaos allegiance abilities and artifacts? Looking at GHB2017 I can see allegiance abilities for different clans, but no "skaven" generic one? Am I missing something?

Well, you could use your ally budget to bring other clans into Pestilens or Skryre, but other than that you are correct.

I think he just wants Ground Marines to be fleshed out so they aren't Mary Sues. The 'lose their personality' thing is a pretty minor inconvenience to cheat death. If anything, that'd probably be a benefit as they become more efficient at being Sigmar's murder-machines.

And don't pull the
>2 year
excuse. We got Realmgate Wars, and the Battle for the Allpoint. the problem isn't that it only has 2 years. The problem is they are trying to get 30 years of content without fleshing any of that content out. Allpoint should have been huge. Like getting its own campaign book with every faction fighting for it. I'm still bitter about that. All we got was a few battleplans and some references to stuff I don't care about because there's not models/settings for it.

GW shooting itself in the foot with its first release.

Firestorm's backstory is that the Flamescar Plateau had a magocracy that got wiped out by KHORNE HIMSELF because they kept kiting his forces using magic. So I dunno, maybe make something up about magical relics being everywhere and your dudes are treasure hunters, or your guys are Khorne worshippers who want to finish-up any scragglers.

Isn't All Gates just that?

The issue is that there has been tons of releases in the years since aos was released but it's almost entirely been stormcast garbage. Nobody cares about them other than dimwitted noobs that bought what gw told them to buy. Meanwhile the rest of us want content related to our dudes, not stormymcstormface.

Tell the truth /aos/
Would've you preferred it if unstead of stormcast you got half naked umberogen barbarians fighting orcs for their hammer-wielding warchief with their dwarf buttbuddies?

Not even trolling i honestly want to know

Yes. Honestly.

>How dare they MAKE All-Points a big event with its own campaign book with everyone fighting when it should have big event with its own campaign book with everyone fighting.

dude, you're a retard. Ask me this: would YOU give up your personality and memories?

Thats because stormcast are basically space marines. They're made posterboys no matter what customers think about them

I'd prefer the 'original' Sigmar setting, but I don't mind SCE and actually think the models are quite cool. It just bothers me, how releases they get. I mean I expected more Sigmarines than anything else, just not this little amount of love for the other favtions.

So desperate for stormcast to be taken seriously.

>stormcast
They made for newcomer, I know GW over push them is annoying, but the game need a new blood friendly faction.

>stormcast/half naked umberogen barbarians
Why not both? Seriously, GW earn a lot now lately, they should put some effort in not!connan faction too.

New aelf when? Pic related.

>Pic related.
The fuck is that? Look like Mistweaver Saih turn into a Hag.

No. It was just some fluff and a couple of battleplans. I mean a full on campaign held by GW at every store like Black Crusade or Storm of Chaos. Where the book would be entirely dedicated to the campaign akin to Firestorm. Allpoints by itself is a pivotal point in AoS lore, marking when Sigmar's offensive is really starting to gain a foothold against Chaos. Something that the Empire in WHFB or the Imperium in 40k still hasn't done. I mean look at the artwork we got of it. That is epic in scale! We should have gotten new models, and factions to base those models off of.
>But SCE-
NOT Stormcast, we got enough of Stormcast, we got enough Chaos, we still don't have a proper grot faction that isn't just a rehash of WHFB night gobbos, we still don't have AoS elf models, all we had were WHFB models. We are still using WHFB dwarfs for the Dispossed, why can't they get an overhaul like the Slayers? Pretty much every damn human model is just WHFB Empire models! If AoS really wants to show how much better it is, it can start by not relying on the old material so damn much!

Fellow true gentlemen, what are High Elves like in game? Do they suck? After playing TW:W I now have the urge to play the shit out of them with a Tyrion Teclis combo. Yay or nay?

Why would I? I actually like the SCE design and fantasy barbarian isn't exactly a unique or interesting concept, especially when looking at the bits not already covered by chaos or destruction.

>why can't they get an overhaul like the Slayers?
If you love your faction it's better to have no overhaul at all than having the "Slayer overhaul"

I did the same. My love of tww got me into this game. Be careful not to buy a dead faction that gw are not supporting anymore.

You sure are mad for somebody with such minor quibbles.

If my job is to fight, yes. Let me ask you this: If some guy calling himself a god takes you away from your comrades during a last stand, forcing you to leave them to be slaughtered without you, don't you think you might be a little upset at him? Just a teeny, bit resentful that he took only you and not them? Is it then not possible that such resentment can fester and eventually lead you to rebel against said god? Like Angron?

Also
>Calling All-Gates a proper campaign book
End yourself, or stop sucking GW's dick.

The early works for AoS was hot garbage, it was the big reason there was such a schism in the fanbase, not just because WHFB was killed off, despite GW constantly telling to buy their stock of WHFB models. It is a lot better now but the early shit was confusing and terrible, the sooner you admit it the better off you'll be.

Well look at the alternatives:
Orruks are basically orks and look stupid as fuck espeially their weapons
Chaos is generic as always, the choice of focusing on khorne AGAIN and squatting Slaanesh doesn't help
Fire dwarfs were a dud. Literally nobody likes them
Steampunk dwarfs look even more stupid
Freeguild and dispossessed are just remnants of the wfb of old and will be gradually squatted
Silvaneth turned the crazy up to 11 but no WE player i knew actually cared for dryads and treemen other than that one special unit to add flavour
Undead are basically dead. People only really liked vampires but there is no place for them in the narrative as of yet.

No, I'm upset at GW for not taking full advantage of this huge canvas of creativity they've opened to themselves. I'm mad at dumbshits that mindlessly lap up the old shit like it's quality, when it's clearly not.

So you are an armchair general with no idea of what he's talking about. Just for a second I thought you would make an actual point.

HE as a whole are garbage, sorry. Some of their subfactions are pretty decent, such as Swifthawk Agents.

Vanilla chaos are awesome to me but I'm new to the franchise. Guessing old school players and gw are bored of them.

GW is apparently already overtaxing their production lines, do you seriously think they could just create several factions from the ground up, market and sell them in an economically sensible manner *and* not loose an assload of cash by getting rid of their established models, moulds and stuff? Give it time, I'm sure they'll eventually get around to all the existing shit.

>The 'lose their personality' thing is a pretty minor inconvenience to cheat death.

Christ, you are either twelve or just retarded.

They clearly have capacity for new non stormcast models as they have made many. They could could pick other new factions for posterboy status easily eg have tree people or karadrons on a cover for a change.

Its early days still for aos; it's not too late for a stormcast abortion.

Settle down Angron

No. Fuck grimdark, fuck mud, fuck garbage. ShinyNoble all the way.

>fire dwarfs were a dud
>I like the fyreslayers

I just want to be one of the cool kids.

T.T