Your last adventuring party has just opened (and read from) pic related. How screwed are they Veeky Forums?

Your last adventuring party has just opened (and read from) pic related. How screwed are they Veeky Forums?

>screwed
oh, the contrary, it's gonna get groovy

Probably fine. Most are mundanes with brain augmentations, one's even illiterate. The magician is a Druid and doesn't have a natural affinity for necromancy. Any evils that show up can be killed/dispersed as need be.

Sorry, I only read Neonomicon.

>Firefly RPG

Well, at least it's not gonna be the Reavers this time

>Thinking being a mundane or illiterate will stop the Deadites.
Oh user....

Not at all because I can say "Klaatu Barada Nikto" without fucking it up. Hail to the King, baby!

Actually it does. Character setting trumps out of setting bullshit. Squits and no tagbacks.

Ash would be around level 5 or 6 at best. Kelly and Pablo would be maybe level 3, probably close to level 4 at the end of the show's second season.

So any party of 3 or more, with an average party level of 4ish, should be able to survive, if not necessarily thrive.

Ash is basically blessed by God/The Powers that Be. It's pretty much the *only* reason as to why the Deadites haven't swallowed his soul yet. You *really* can't compare him to most DnD parties.

And your evidence for this assertion is...?

Evil Dead in space actually sounds kickass. I hope if they ever make Part 4 they take it in that direction.

>Old Bruce Campbell in power armor hacking apart deadite astronauts with an orange transparent chainsaw

Basically everything from both the show *and* comics? It's practically stated in the comics (which *are* canon by the way, due to the whole multiverse thing). The fact that he's faced fucking Yog-Sothoth at one point, and didn't get his soul sucked out instantly, points to *something *watching his back.

Okay, he's badass. he's clearly not just any ordinary guy. I can accept that. I'm not seeing how it necessarily means "divine protection" though. It could just mean he's higher level than the average asshole.

IIRC the Necronomicon itself references him as a Chosen One.

We shoot the Psyker.
Then we're fine.

He essentially has "divine protection" in the sense that him being the Chosen One, allows him to tell fate to go suck it. He's almost *always* the only character to not end up getting possessed/"swallowed" by the Deadites. Everyone else usually ends up dead or worse, but he pretty much always comes out fine, with maybe one or two new scars to show for his troubles.

So he has better saving throws and more HP. That still doesn't necessitate divine protection.

I'm not saying that's wrong, I'm asking for evidence. If you can point out when and where it says so I'm be glad to accept it, because I don't object to the idea itself, I just want evidence for it.

The Wise Man in AoD outright tells Ash he is prophecised to obtain the book and deliver them from the deadites.

Ash has *literally* had priests, prophets, fucking Buddhist *monks*, Fucking DRACULA, and even the Deadites themselves (you know, the cosmic multiversal horrors he's fighting against?), straight-up tell him that he is the one destined to stand and fight against Evil whenever, and wherever it manifests. Fucking Fate is the one thing ensuring his survival, and that's been confirmed by practically everybody at this point. What more do you want?

My last character was a necromancer, pretty sure he can handle this shit.

Are you saying that he could 'control' the Deadites with his abilities? Because that won't end well if so.

Ash Williams is not a character in an RPG. He lives through the most harrowing shit because the story demands it.

Oh no, I'm just saying he has ways to fight back against the Deadites, and can probably study the Necronomicon and figure it out easier than some random fuck

After having his SAN sandblasted to zero my Delta Green agent "retires" and the rest of the team thow gas on his corpse/the book and silently wonder why he would do something so stupid.

Just hope he doesn't end up listening to the insidious whispers talking about "Mirror Dimensions", or "Dark Ones". Cause if he does, the multiverse can kiss it's ass goodbye.

So in the second movie he just goes back to the spooky house and reads it again? What am I missing here?

The second movie is shit STILL happening to Ash. The first movie ends with him getting attacked. The second picks up from there.

What's the big deal? It's just French poetry.

The second movie picks up from the first, and features the Evil Force leaving Ash alive, whilst torturing him for shits and giggles.

>Multiverse level superhero shenanigans

Drop it into the Vault, with the rest.

I hope it's the third movie, if I had to choose a way to die, it would be via being invaded by a horde of wisecracking skeletons

S I G H T F O R S O R E B O N E S

"Well it's been a while since I had seen the first but I thought it was like a soft reboot.

>Dropping the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis into a Vault of apocalyptic artifacts.
That's just *asking* for Deadites to possess them and to break free and go on a bloody rampage.

I'm a beefy Paladin with a Bren LMG with an infinite magazine due to time travel shenanigans, and a vorpal falchion with improved crit. Im my campaigns DOOMguy. this is going to be over in 5 minutes. 10 if i dick around.

Reminder the people who think they're the ones who can figure out the book are usually the ones who cause the most problems with it.

and you fucked it up

>How screwed are they Veeky Forums?

A Hell of a lot better off than idiots who insist on flipping through a 'Deck of Many Things'...

Stop with the asterixes, they make you look tumblr. As if the powerlevel faggotry wasn't bad enough.

Oh get the fuck off your high-horse. You probably wank off to 40k in your spare-time anyway, so where do you believe you have the gall you accuse others of "powerlevel faggotry"? Especially when they have shit to back it up?

>that book

Our party has a run-away from the Unseelie Court who has it all of our best interest to keep us safe from random magical bullshit.
Anything bearing the name Necronomicon certainly applies in this case.

Also, two of the party are professional paranormal investigators, so they'd be to smart to read from the book. Until they get their investigation and video equipment set up, then they're making zombie raising videos for their show.

This.

>Anima party. Level 16 Warlock(Creation/Earth/Essence), Level 16 Warrior Summoner(Incarnation/Invocation spec), Level 15 Mentalist(Electromag/Teleport)
>The latter two took down the Literal Fucking Antichrist's second, more rapetastic, form in three turns of combat, and have ascended to "borderline divine" supernatural entity status from simultaneously touching Longinus.
>The warlock can just mesh reality and the Wake/Vigil/Not!Warp with a simple spell, whereupon he becomes a lesser divinity thanks to the God of Magic's blessing.
Warrior Summoner and Mentalist handle deadites with zero problems, Warlock thumbs through the book in a span of three seconds, reads the incantation correctly, and has the other two stab it with Longinus to depower it permanently.

i played that, im surprised the Cortex system never went anywhere

Considering half the party was half-literate at best, they probably fucked it up worse than Ash.
Unless "reading" doesn't involve "saying spells from". You can read silently.