/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2/posts/2018962
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/a-little-island-in-a-sea-of-kickstarts-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question: Which splat dances the best?
>5th edition cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>New Deviant preview
theonyxpath.com/one-of-a-kind-deviant-the-renegades/

Please, just let us rest

>adamant sage went vidantus and joined the free council leaving the order without councilium representation

In a "standard" consilium, each Path is represented with a councillor, not each Order.

Just stop making threads. There's no point. It's the same stuff over and over again. Even when a new book comes out, unless it's a 2nd edition core or a long awaited supplement, people will stop giving a shit about it in a few days and it'll be back to no point.

Just let the general be dead for a while.

>In a "standard" consilium, each Path is represented with a councillor, not each Order.

I dont do that because i consider that model...well stupid as path is meaningless politically. Same with the whole "primogen is based on clans"

So there isnt any requirement of path/orde to join the Councillor. That said if all the order have a member as Councillor and suddenly your order have said Councillor switch order but keep his seat, thats gonna generate unrest on your order. Your order interest are under represented in the Concilium descisions.

Specially when the orders are fighting over who get to raid the abandoned Tremere fortress of Doom.

What comes after Deviant? Will they ever stop?

>What comes after Deviant? Will they ever stop?

Maybe an actual supplement for a line people give a shit about. But most likely a new line about playing the black lagoon monster.

I hope its sexy lagoon monsters.

>What comes after Deviant?

The Contagion Chronicles series is supposed to be the next after Deviant.

I'm talking about splats

Aliens.

Goat people who defend the small businesses and organic market places.

Either mummy or giest. If you mean new ones then no clue, they may very well decide they've covered all the bases and this is enough, they may decide to move on and make something new.

Deep One:The Raping is probably on hold after MattMc's problems.

Do you think a Daoist ordo Dracula member might make sense?

Why wouldnt it?

After Dogs and Cats the new rpg will be about Horses.

Skeletons: The Rapening.

Actually on a more serious note maybe a splat creation kit might be a better approach?

What is even the point anymore

That's not Deviant?

Deviant is supposed to a creation kit. Supposedly with simple rules to build whatever kind of monster you want in a wide range of possibilities.

How would I build a rape-skeleton?

Can anyone recommend me a good Actual Play of Demon: The Descent? I'd like to get a feel for the game before running it.

Also some inspirational material recs would be great; movies, comics, manga, vidya, etc. Anything you guys might think capture the feel of the game, besides The Matrix.

Watch the "Person of Interest" series. That is all.

Step 1: Kill yourself.

Unfortunately no one has progressed farther than that.

For the guy from the last thread:

Boggan combo that needs nerfed involves the Boggan token teleport Merit and AoE heals. Frontline carries tokens for up to 5 different Boggans, boggans come and use Inglenook 5 to heal. Combos with Scene to heal up to 3 people for ALL ttheir damage.

No. It would be, but Scene is not listed in the Realms that can affect Metamorphosis. Each Art has a list of what realms it combos with.

MGS series. Because technology, espionage, fucking with reality, cover ops and shit.

Revengence for when your Destroyer Goes Loud

Are vampires the best supernatural splat to start with for people who aren't familiar with WW or RPGs in general?

Pretty much
>Anyone can become one
>Simple, easy to understand compulsions
>Some well known weaknesses
>Limited metaplot
>Already prominent in the public eye
>Easy to grasp
>Still fun

Nothing. They will be too busy raping each other and then the community will ostracize itself and Onyx Path will be out of writers.

Deviant is history. McFarland was working on it so now they'll burn the book along with the witch.

I just started watching pic related and now I really want to play Hunter: the Vigil. What's the best way to build someone like Stan, aside from a shit-ton of Esoteric Armory and, like, no dots in Occult?

Dave has already replaced Matt on Deviant.

Matt will be fully purged by year's end, and Rcih will proclaim that OPP is the most woke RPG company ever.

True karma will be happen when Rch and Brucato are falsely (or not) accused of rape of a disabled, gay transgender "woman" at the next big convention, and they're both run out of the industry.

>True karma will be happen when Rch and Brucato are falsely (or not) accused of rape of a disabled, gay transgender "woman" at the next big convention, and they're both run out of the industry.

we can only dream user, we can only dream.

Are you the Rich-hate user? Why do you despise him so?

>Why do you despise him so?

The lists starts with the abomination that is M20, and goes on from there.

I can only imagine what a competent "creative director" could do to revitalize and maintain oWOD and CofD.

Wasn't Dave kind of rapey too? Other women whispered warnings about him to me on conventions.

Are you trying to be funny?

No, I'm serious. My girlfriend says he groped her dick once.

You're confusing /wodg/ with rpg.net. This is not a "safe space" and we require evidence before labeling someone a rapist.

Besides, we all know Dave is only sexually attracted to large, dangerous reptiles. Fat, slovenly goth chicks are safe from Dave at conventions.

I doubt any splat is gonna come after Deviant, OPP has just about every niche covered, other than straight up Aliens.

Bet they're gonna do Rapist next.

That's the userbase.

You know what as long as exalted scion and trinity keep up development I'm fine

I was a big Trinity fan when it was first released, and was looking forward to the new edition, but after seeing that the new system was basically a FATE version on Storyteller, a lost interest.

There were Trinity fans when it was first released? 1e was kinda garbage, unless you mean a fan of the game/setting in general. I hear it get called that alot but it honestly doesn't make much sense to me

I've converted it to run My Hero Academia, though it required so much reworking I may as well rewrite the whole thing.

I'd imagine Masks is better for something specific like that, though honestly if you're changing that much from aberrant 1e I assume, it sounds like it'd be less work then what you already did to rework the 2e system.

Most of it was honestly taking optional rules from the Companion and house-rules from the early days of RPG.net.

Not now though, now RPG.nets only good for D&D since the drama blocks up the main sub-forum.

Puh-lease. Dave has long since transcended any base desires. He's up in his Golden Road right now, plotting the next move in his Ascension Gambit.

I was a fan of the setting. It needed work, but had a lot of potential. I also personally love psionic settings.

I also recall that the Norca/South America book was my first PDF rpg supplement. It took forever to download on dial-up.

>plotting the next move in his Ascension Gambit.

>replacing sleeper humans with sleepwalker reptiles

Like, the next move is up some innocent fangirls ass?

For MtAs, how do you guys mzke sure the early game magic feels interesting? I want to run a campaign, but I am afraid my players will lose interest before we get to the heavy stuff at three dots.

Wait, but companion do you mean players guide or some other book I don't know about?
And whats this about rpg net and sub forums?

Did you know you can turn gravity 90 degrees and make someone smack into a wall with Forces 2?
How about the ability to flawlessly determine future probability (bar your actions changing it) with Time 1?
How about how Matter 2 lets you liquify the pavement and swallow people with it?
Or how Mind 2 can render someone not merely invisible, but incapable of being percieved?

Sure you're not modifying the properties of living organisms to turn yourself into a flying tentacled bear-person, but you can still get a hell of a lot of use out of the first 2 dots.

Also you can potentially let them access Imbued items which contain more powerful spells, to give them a taste of what they can later use.

He's talking about Ascension, you tool. Not Awakening. I promise you, everyone is very aware of what Mages in Awakening are capable of by this point.

How would one Unmake a person using Prime, Space, Fate, Time, Spirit or Matter? Doesn't seem like it would make much sense.

Also wouldn't instant-death using Death be Making instead of Unmaking?

No, its the writers.

Unmake their Space, they collapse into a singularity.
Unmake their Time, they freeze until the spell wears off.
Unmaking can't do much with Matter, but Making Matter can freeze them in a block of steel, leaving them to quickly suffocate.

Fate and Spirit are much harder. But the former can make someone wish they were dead, and the latter can create a Spirit motivated solely by that person's destruction.

If you expect that the PCs will have a similar mindset to you on this, a possible 'out' is for them to encounter stronger magic users or arcane mysteries with effects they can't replicate that they can potentially influence. Stuff like cryptids and powerful but stupid spirits are good fodder, and the players can eventually get a good leash on them with time for preparation and study.

Otherwise, I'd say that the early magic is plenty interesting, it's just a little bit of a different playstyle that you can't necessarily DIRECTLY solve anything with magic at that tier. It's more about being clever and loosely approximating a bunch of bullshit that gets you to the end result you want.

You can't tell what kind of spirit a spirit is because your spirit is too low, so you cast a death spell to trick it out of twilight and into the material, where you can use a spell to check its desires and aspirations, so you can tell what its resonances are, so that you can bribe it with essence without actually being able to use a spell that gives it essence, so that you can get it to go possess a bank teller, so you can get him to go open his house for you, because you had no magic that could find out where he lived, or get inside.

Whereas say, later on, you could absolutely just cast a spell that opens a scrying window to wherever a target person in line of sight lives.

You can't Unmake a person with those things. The book gives examples of what happens when you Unmake a subject's Time or Space, or what have you. If you Unmake them with Space, their physical location is excised from the Fallen World and acts as a Pocket Dimension. That's literally what the Quarantine spell does. Unmake their Time, they're removed from the timestream. That's what the book provides.

My sides would be in orbit. After all we have to listen and believe whatever xir says right?

Those are example spells the book provides.
Those are by no means the only aspect of the Arcanum that can be Unmade.

For example, Unmaking Death can both bring someone back to life, or remove their existence from the world, or Unmake the bind Gnosis has over the Awakened Soul.
Unmaking Mind can remove Morality, or memories. However it could also presumably annihilate their consciousness itself.

There's sufficient wriggle room to say that with Unmaking Space you could kill someone by collapsing the space between their mollecules, instead of that as well as shrinking their mollecules.
And that with Unmaking you could not only excise someone from the timeline, but annihilate their ability to progress personally in time, meaning they still exist, but they can't change.

Ok.

Reading over the shitshow that is Beast I keep getting struck by how interesting the mechanics behind Heroes are. If they'd been disconnected from Beasts, they could have been a really cool Hunter variant.

Being able to 'discover' banes that work because that's how the story goes and they are driven by narrative power is a very cool idea and would have made for a terrifying foe for a lot of splats. A mage discovering his spells fail in the face of a knife owned by his father or driving a werewolf into such a fervor that the rage goes from an advantage to a deadly weakness etc.

The various ways they have to 'discover' them are also very fun. A moment of revelation during a fight, careful research or talking to them (With the monster given the choice of attacking or accepting the bane).

To my understanding, sex is a thing vampires can have, but they don't really get anything from it, correct?

>just wanna talk about awakening because i really like the fluff, the magic system, and the focus on mysteries
>couldn't care less about power levels
>all anyone on here wants to do is jack off about the power levels
>worse, they turn into turbo autists when you actually want to play a character and don't care about going right for Gnosis 3 or using magic to handle every conceivable problem
Really sucks that such a cool game is being dragged through the mud.

At last, one who shares my pain

Depends on which version. In Masquerade they had the no sex thing going on, then in Requiem 1e it's they can have sex but don't get any emotional fulfillment out of (but plenty of physical fulfillment, ahahaha) but still enjoy it physically even though it doesn't compare to feeding. I don't know what it is in 2e.

Soon, user. Things will be better soon. Signs of Sorcery will come out and people who actually care about the game will come back to talk about it.

Right?

I actually don't know. I think splat wars are so deeply ingraned in the threads at this point that all future releases are going to revolve around it. At least for mage, I have no doubt that signs of sorcery will lead to another big butload of shitposting about how much mages are better and so on. The only true shift miiiiight come with contagion chronicle, and even then it could very easily go the other way

In the videogame bloodlines you can bang the dual personalities broad.

I don't know, you can take Junkie as your Mask/Digre, and get Willpower back by ignoring your obligations and getting your dick wet.

I think Signs has a better chance of shifting things than Contagion Chronicle. Signs is meant to be entirely inward focused when it comes to Mage, a book about all the things that only Mages deal with. It might refresh old shitposting just by a resurge in interest about the game, but I don't think it'll put more fuel on the fire since other splats aren't going to be involved at all (and I doubt the shitposters will easily be able to get their hands on it right away without actually buying it),

Contagion Chronicle, on the other hand, isn't going to do anything but hurt. It might nerf Mages for crossover, but then again, it might not. It definitely won't change Mage's core rules at all. And people are going to be mad either way, because it's fucking crossover.

"What a lovely logo."
-Setites

Contagion Chronicle will likely be the day I ditch this general for good, and never look back.
I can't see this already flagging general ever fucking bouncing back.

Even if it's like, one fucking page saying 'please don't play crossovers'. It'll still be awful.

I mean none of the core really mentioned cross over either, and that certainly didn't slow things down any

Contagion Chronicle will almost certainly have to nerf mages if OPP's intends to "balance" the splats for enjoyable crossover that doesn't unduly suspend disbelief. I assume that whatever the Contagion is, it will somehow be particularly resistant to supernal magic, but not anything else.

There were mechanics for how things work against other splats, and that's all it takes.

You could feasibly do something like that by making it from a Lower Depth, or the Abyss. But it might wind up making the antagonistic force Mage-centric, which might be bad.

Wasn't there an abyssal contagion in the Abyss book?

And shouldn't there be in SoS as well? I mean by that virtue it would automatically, any new thing it says about magic applies to those rules and so to other splats and then we're right back to square one.

I mean, the alternative is they just don't and give advice for how to deal with it. If nothing else the popularity of 3.PF proves that people are more than happy to deal with massive imbalances inside the party and can still have fun.

Wait, what.

The crossover book is actually called the "Contagion Chronicle"? I though that was just a stupid little name that people came up with to point out how crossover is a blight on gamelines?

And... Holy shit it's a fucking metaplot book to try and bring all factions together in one fucking event.
Jeeeeeeesus CHRIST Onyx Path. If it doesn't fucking work for Marvel and DC, it won't fucking work for you.

This is going to be a nightmare.

They could create a Super Supernatural like Samual Haight.

It's what the people want. No matter what the games originally we're designed for in terms of the relationship between gamelines, there is a undeniable and rather large desire in the fanbase to play the supernatural super friends. If the game can't deliver on that then it's going to be a mark against it.

We'll have to see. I mean it's supposed to be full of a lot of stuff. Potentially I think Perfected Materials being powerful banes and spells using multiple Arcana might be new points of contention for that. But who knows, the expanded rules for Mage Sight might make problems too. Everyone is so sensitive and Magefags are just too willing.

Screencap this, I bet you that

>WHADDAYA MEAN SIDERITE COUNTS AS COLD IRON
and
>WHAT? YOU CAN TELL WHERE I AM FROM PERIPHERAL SIGHT WHEN I DO SOMETHING IN THE SAME ROOM

are going to be complaints and that magefags will shitpost about them at the first sign of weakness.

Well, that and it is Urban Arcana. Urban Arcana has ended up being seen as rather a supernatural melting pot. Dresden Files, Supernatural and Midnight, Texas as quick examples. Examples where it's 100% one thing (But not just a single example, like The Crow) are a lot rarer.

Hopefully when Contagion Chronicle fails miserably that dumb desire will be killed for good. Although I doubt it's as prominent as people like to make it out to be.

>Midnight, Texas

>to the surprise of no one, the mage was the strongest character
>there's no escaping mage supremacy (and for Midnight, Texas, Virgin Supremacy)

>when Contagion Chronicle fails miserably

It still has to be released. It's a looooonnngg way off, with a lot of books well before it in the queue.

Assuming OPP doesn't collapse or lose the CofD license, Mage 3e will probably already be in development (without Dave, as he'll have become disgusted with OPP/WW, and moved to writing for Shadowrun).

I'm afraid Catalyst is just as bad as OPP.

>Although I doubt it's as prominent as people like to make it out to be.

You'll likely find it's very common among new players because of . People will compare games to what they've seen in the media.

That and the shared setting of WoD hasn't really helped 'Don't make crossover games'. It's basically set up perfectly for crossovers save for the fact that the rules can't actually handle it.

In fact, it's worse.
Every year they take a bigger, and messier shit all over Shadowrun in the form of unconscionably bad metaplot.
At least OPP just tries to provide mechanics and factions.

If by "set up perfectly" you mean "yeah, and those guys are around too, I guess".

The swap from 4e to 5e killed Shadowrun as an ongoing thing for me. God forbid you actually keep the setting advancing rather than nuking everything back to the grognariest age and start having all the infected go back to mindless monsters to be killed after an entire edition where Infected Rights was actually a major thing.

Pretty much. It's like Marvel owning spiderman and the x-men on the same world and never having a crossover. People will wonder why not, since they both exist in the same setting as each other rather than just by the same publisher.

What's your favorite of the published Dark Eras?

Americans! Da, very good. No Soviet Spies at all. Suka blyat.