Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Orky edition.

Previous >Warhammer Community news(Preview: The Great Devourer, Essential Accessories for Painters, and Great-value Scenery Bundles)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/29/preview-the-great-devourer-essential-accessories-for-painters-and-great-value-scenery-bundles/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=D1ZNeqYRaS4&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW&index=1

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Craftworld Eldar codex(thank you user)
>PDf
sendit.cloud/c7e7s4kue55i
>Epub
sendit.cloud/1wuv5xrub183

First for RIP HQ model customization.

First for Khorne!

Third for dreadnoughts

nth for Guardians no longer available online in America by GW, beware the swarm.

Wow user, tell me more about your little plastic army men.

Reposting from last thread.

So I've had some time to digest the new CW:E book this weekend and I'm working on my first few lists. Ultimately the goal is to refine the list I'll be taking to LVO. Ultimately I know I likely won't make final cut so I'm not trying to go as bleeding edge as possible but I am aiming to be competitive.

So far I know I'm going to be playing Ulthwe - I like the paint scheme and the CW trait is reasonable. My first big hurdle is troops - I know I want to run a battalion, I'm trying to decide between big guardian blobs (possible Webway Striking) or smaller Wave Serpent loaded ones or possibly even Storm Guardians (likely to be in Serpents as well).

TL:DR - In an Ulthwe army how would you run your troops?

>Droopy tits
No thanks, I have standards

Just play 1000 points of pure GSC vs Harlequins.

So this is how challenging game feels.

Thank goodness I already own like 60.

I'd run 1 big guardian blob to clear trash, 1 storm guardian squad for fusion guns (serpent with AT) and something else (rangers?, another defender squad with long-range AT?)

I am just glad I collect and paint shit slower than someone going through the entirety of puberty so it won't impact me. But, oh boy, people are apparently going to try foodar hard.

bottom left's top wouldn't even cover her nipples, what kid of perv show is this from?

How do Harlies actually play this edition?

Adding a unit of rangers isn't a bad idea - lets me do some more board blocking.

Postan from last thread:
I have 600 points to spend across three Harlequin Troupes. More of I don't bring Skyweavers (should I even?)

I wanted to give one unit Fusion Pistols, and limit them to 5 so they can ride in a Starweaver with my Troupe Master and hunt armor (should I bother with Starweavers?). The rest were going to get Embraces and run around coping shit up with my Solitaire. I also have a Shadowseer that could also have riding in the Starweaver for speedy psyker support.

They'll be supported by three Wraithlords, a Wraithseer w/ D-Cannon, and a Bonesinger.

I haven't bought a single thing in this list apart from a Troupe box. The Wraiths I'm taking no matter what, And I'd like to keep the Shadowseer and Solitaire if at all possible.

They're more glass cannony than dark eldar. They hit hard and fast, very close range.

Well the Clown player is an Ork and Emperor's Children/Slaanesh player.
He got bored of bringing 100+ models to every game with his Orks. Along with no decent update for Slaanesh in years.
So clown it is is.

For me? 8th is basically easy mode with my Witch Hunters (SoB, Inquisition, Knights, IG, AdMech, basically all Imperium but marines)

Anyone got the new Ynnari rules? Or know when the new boxes with them will show up?

Fusion pistol = chuck it in a starweaver. Otherwise you'll be stuck running after tanks which are faster than you are.

GW stated the new rules are just the index rules put into the box instead of the gathering storm rules.

>The ancient might of the Craftworlds.
>The unstoppable fury of the Imperium.
>The nightmarish power of Chaos.

>All of these pale in significance in the face of the Tyranids

So what can save the galaxy from the 'nommers? Tau? Necrons? Deldar?

There are no new rules, they are simply packing the index rules in the Triumverate box so you don't need the index.

Dark Eldar, masters of poison, biomancy, and fucking things that shouldn't be fucked. If anyone can kill, fuck, and marry the Tyranids, it is the Dark Eldar.

nothing

Malal

A little off-topic here.

You know what'd be absolutely great?

40k Planetside. No, not the shitshow that was Eternal Crusade- but simply grunt-level persistent-world combat with a bunch of factions.

>IG, Orks, Tau as base
>Planet is below the interest of the Astartes, Eldar, or Chaos, is necron-free
>Players are just grunt soldiers, with rare "hero" classes (e.g. commissars or even marines) that you can get by holding certain areas on the world map

It'd be absolute fun to see a 40k game that isn't "this world is critical to everything and if we lose there are huge effects" for once. Just seeing one of the many thousand wars that are marked down as footnotes every day in the galaxy.

>Deldar
Pretty sure they are content with sitting those pesky bugs out. Though they'd run out of slaves pretty fast, I imagine.

RTS is still the best genre for a 40k video game

How should CSM best take on Dark eldar?

>nids
>more of a threat than chaos
>this triggers chaosfags

They make for great arena beasts.

But why would they want to?

Deldar are the champions of no fucks given, they don't really care much that happens outside their dark city. The only time they leave are for raids and those half about stealing shit and half about shits and giggles.

There is very little raiding 'nids has to offer them outside of capturing a few battle beasts for their areas.

RTS or something like Battlefront
Meat grinder IG vs Orks

Nids can feel pain just like anything else and are just as good a source of sustenance

They ripped a planet out of the materium to experiment with tyranids, they won't let the nids eat the galaxy, they'll have some fun first, then they'll turn the nids against themselves to preserve their slave pens.

I'd love somthing like 40K wargame.

Isn't there old fluff about them loving the shit out of Genestealer prisoners?

Homunculi get new things to play with, Gladiatorial pits get new things to murderfuck, they don't run out of slaves and finally die then get eaten by Slaanesh.

Lots of the Death Guard and high T models that aren't vehicles.

I'm surprised they just haven't digitalized the board game yet. Knowing gw, literally charge you for the game and then charge you for every fucking digital model and what not.

Astroglide will help spiky human!

Yeah, but sometimes you want to BE THERE in the fight instead of just impersonally watching it from a ways above.

Just think about it- crouching in the jungle, lasguns cracking, the bellow of Orks as they charge against the metronomic booms of an emplaced Heavy Bolter nearby. The shouts of your comrades and the dazzling light of your own lasrifle as you put down an encroaching Ork mob in the jungle valley you're engaged in.

There's a world of difference between fighting the fight and just watching a Guardsman Squad trade bolts and bullets with a mob of Boyz.

Why? Poison weapon ignore T ...

It's funny because I know a guy who's obsessed with that show but tries to whitewash the fact that it's full of fanservice. Thank you for proving my point to him.

Nids in the arena was actually what led to Yvraine getting killed and all the Ynnari shit happening

Nids are popular beasts for use in pit fights and the like.

In addition some factions within the DE don't have a slaves/food stored in large sums like the Haemonculus do.

Are dakkapreds worth taking with killshot being a thing?
seems like a lot of D2/4 they can chuck downrange

What's a good counter to Grey Knights? Only thing I can think of is plasma spam and a bunch of Librarians to block their psychic tests.

I was thinking a mix of Planetside and Battlefield 1, more heavily on the Planetside half.

Three main factions:
> IG are the balanced guys. Medium ranged and melee power, tough but slow vehicles.
> Orks are the melee guys. High-HP classes, better close-range skill and power, but worse weapons. Some fast and weak and some heavy and slow vehicles.
> Tau are the rangers. Terrible melee ability but great ranged power and the ability to mark targets easier than the other two factions. Vehicles have great mobility but don't do well in slugging fests.

All factions get "elite" classes depending on whether they held certain sectors on the world map. I'm not quite sure exactly what Orks and Tau'd get, but I know the IG would be able to acquire limited amounts of Space Marines (in-lore justification: they're operating alongside, not actually under IG's command but that doesn't matter gameplay wise) and Commissars.

My friend, high toughness doesn't do diddly against being able to wound at static values.

What fucks over my DE army is killing me before I kill you.

That and focusing on my party buses.

you'd need three for killshot, that gets expensive

Chaff units. They have shit long-ranged shooting and melt from return fire. Screen your fucking dudes.

t. GK player

You're not wrong, but shooters are breddy gud too.

EC suffered from its first developer who promised way too much. It's getting better, but the new team sadly lacks the money to make big changes. Churning it out in a beta-state with only two factions at the start didn't really help either.

Literally volume of fire from blobs. There's only so many 2/3+'s we can make.

For the purposes of the game idea:

> Grey Knights wouldn't appear. This conflict is not really big enough for daemons. If Chaos ends up being a faction though, maybe GK would be a superlimited option for Imperium.

> Space Marines in general are kinda like tanks. They're vulnerable to sufficient amounts of krak grenades, mines, and plasma weapons- Tau can defeat them with sustained fire more easily than Orks can, but Orks can toss bomms and mire the Marines down in melee combat.

To be honest, if a gal is willing to do that at a burger king, probably a keeper. Or a Psycho, one of the two, either way, would scissor.

Is it possible to capture and force a Tyranid into acting as a beast of burden if you cut off its synapse connection?

Didn't mean to tag that in my comment.

And if I play straight marines?

Keep Space Marines out of this and replace with Scions or Warhawks, elite/specialized regiments would be more fun/balanced.

Even today I think EC suffers from a bit of power creep. By making the standard player choices Marines, they have to sacrifice a lot of options (such as IG) and also do weird shit like make basic Ork Boyz almost comparable to Marines in all stats.

This game'd be much more restrained; by making the basic characters things like guardsmen and ork boyz, you can have things like Marines modelled in a lore-friendly way and also make the combat feel more 40k-ish, without balance-necessary arbitrary raping of the lore.

Put your tacticals in front of your valuable units so that the GKs can’t rapid fire all over your good stuff

Drown them in bolter fire. Intercessors might be good, for dem -1s

Scions (Warhawks are used as Scions as per fluff) would make the most sense. Keep Marines out of it. Would be nice to show off something other than manchildren in giant clay suits.

Orks!

Scouts, nigger. Literally the hard counter to turn 1 charge shenanigans.

Fucking Orks when?

>And if I play straight marines?
Screen with scouts.

If you need an endgame power armour unit, why not SOB? The IG already has Ecclessiarchy units in it with priests and preachers.

I was thinking: if this was somehow picked up and produced by a game company, it could work as an F2P system similar to TF2's, where you could buy cosmetic stuff but nothing actually valuable wasn't acquirable through normal play.

For instance, instead of just being generic Cadian-pattern infantry from some regiment, you could buy skins for actual Cadian shocktroopers (purple eyes and whatnot) and other things, like Catachan Jungle Fighters. Would go great in a jungle map with a lascarbine in your hands and a treeline full of Orks.

Yeah. I'm starting to think that's the better idea. Thing is, though, Marines easily distinguish themselves from the regular infantry compared to Stormtroopers. You have a huge guy in thick armor firing bolt shells at you instead of a normal-sized dude in olive drab firing lasbeams.

Marines would be the rarest of the Imperial "elite classes" anyway. Commissars- and now Stormtroopers- would be a lot more common.

Possibly, they could be "reinforcements"; if your faction was losing heavily you could have them temporarily be available in limited amounts to prevent that faction from being crushed on the world map. That'd also justify why Marines would even bother being on this planet; they're there to bail out the Guard and then let them get back to finishing the job.

That would be an interesting branching option. Middle of the road you have standard Scion, mobility you get Warhawks (jumpjets), survability you get sisters of battle. Yeah I know Sisters have their jumpjet units, but, more interesting to have distinct methods of madness.

Hey, that sounds pretty cool. I've been having trouble finding exactly how Flamers would fit in (as I think they'd be a bit too common with standard support-class guardsmen), and having a Sister of Battle centered around just that (with power armor to make rushing into near-melee survivable) sounds great.

That means the Imperium gets a few different elite classes:

> Commissars for support (they can issue rallying cries to support charges, I don't think they'd execute for the sake of preventing griefing but they could emit a "fear aura" that'd improve the performance of nearby guardsmen)

> Scions are just souped-up Troopers, i.e. regular lasriflemen

> Warhawks don't really have an equivalent with regular guardsmen, but they're great scouts and flankers, kinda like Planetside's light assault troopers

> SoB are close-range fighters with flamers and sometimes bolters.

> Marines are only available if the IG is in danger of being destroyed as a faction, they function as hyper-souped-up SoB with a variety of weapon choices

What I want to know now is what other elite classes would the Orks and Tau get. Any suggestions?

>Yeah I know Sisters have their jumpjet units, but, more interesting to have distinct methods of madness.

Yeah. Make it SOB Celestians. Better melee skill than most IG, a rallying banner and multiple heavy weapons. They sit in the middle of a fight as a hard to remove rock to hinge your battle line on but they can't deep strike, infiltrate or jump jet about like the other two.

How are reivers? Thinking about some for my blood angels

So something like the original Star Wars Battlefronts?

Learn to read.

>Commissars don't execute
Dropped.

>what other elite classes would the Orks and Tau get
Orks are easy because they have aspect boyz. Tau have enough variety with FWs, Pathfinders and maybe Kroot, then maybe they could get Stealthsuits as an elite/heavy infantry unit. If there's call for some kind of super unit, there's the Crisis suit.

>one time purchase
this triggers the gw

Is 2k points the average now?

>SoB are close-range fighters with flamers and sometimes bolters.

I could see the SOB trick being 'Shield of Faith'. SOB can't be destroyed by any single hit, they instead hold on at low health (Unless it was just used). It makes them utter hell against enemy elite units/tanks but vulnerable to getting overwhelmed with 'Just fire more basic dakka at them'.

>lmao just use the index entry
Because carrying around another book to use just one profile is fine, right? Because it looks totally legitimate and not WAAC at all, right? Because it's tournament-legal, right?
No, wrong.

Eh, the justification for the Orks is that they are a kinda in-between of boyz and nobz.
But powercreep is still pretty real. I know they're Orks, but unloading a whole magazine into a Marine and him just shrugging it off like you're trying to tickle him is pretty annoying, especially if you don't have the numbers to drown them in bodies.

>And if I play straight marines?
Slaneeshi daemons, maybe Harlequins.

meh

T'au elites are problematic for this style of game as the battlesuits are too durable I think, one man army units ruin a teamwork based shooter.

Plus the fact tournies are banning using index entries over codex entries and GW is apparently moving to do the same with Chapter Approved or something else, soon(TM).

Better if they were Nightlords.

Yeah, to make an easy-ish comparison think of it as the military structure of HALO plus the worst possible shadiness and internal strife of the CIA, USSR, Catholic Church, and Medieval English hierarchy combined. You've got your basic PDF fellas that do jack and shit when something real goes down, arbiters that are solid SWAT tea, and judge dredd counts-as, the 'real' military of the guard, and finally all the badass pistolwhippin' of the *not*ODST scions.

Marines have a wealth of portrayals in lore, ranging from mythic angels the average citizen may not even believe in to the SPARTAN 'badasses that terrify and encourage me' front line guys (though in such a huge Galaxy I guess they're all true somewhere). Think of it like that, but also realize that any given planet can have citizens be drinking buddies with marines but never heard of the inquisition, or devoutly worship under ecclesiasrchy rule but think the SoB are just some deviant's fetish tale. It's a wide and confusing place, so play on that

>going to Burger King

Yeah, no thanks.

Orkz get Burnas, Kommandos, Tankbustas, Stormboys, maybe Nobs for the super unit. Tau get (aside from basic Fire Warriors) Pathfinders, Firesight Marksmen (drone spotters), Kroot and Stealth suits.

Tau need some more XV2 units.

yup

Possible for who? Humans? Eldar? Tau?

Orks?

>caring about tournies

Look at this cuck.

Battlesuits fit more into the 'Vehicle' role in a battlefield game. They are fighting tanks, not infantry (And I'd make the suit options fit that more. The fusion blaster battlesuits more than the anti-infantry ones as the basic tau are plenty good at anti-infantry)

It wouldn't be one time, you'd still have to buy all you digital models just like the plastic ones. It's brilliant! They would even save money on manufacturing in the long run!

word, planning out my GSC army and needed to make sure I was around the "typical" points.

>battlesuits are too durable I think
Just go the DoW route with stealth suits and make them mobile (jump troops, essentially) and hard to detect on any kind of radar/active camouflage when not shooting, but have their actual health and armor values be mediocre at best. As they're still so limited in terms of unit count you would force players to carry out ambushes or fight with hit and run tactics, just like they're used for in the fluff. I agree that crisis suits are probably going too far for a team-based game though, unless you made them the Tau's MEQ and the Riptide their TEQ