Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Boxnaught Edition

Previous >Warhammer Community news(Preview: The Great Devourer, Essential Accessories for Painters, and Great-value Scenery Bundles)
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/29/preview-the-great-devourer-essential-accessories-for-painters-and-great-value-scenery-bundles/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
youtube.com/watch?v=D1ZNeqYRaS4&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW&index=1

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata#40k-errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Downloads

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Craftworld Eldar codex(thank you user)
>PDf
sendit.cloud/c7e7s4kue55i
>Epub
sendit.cloud/1wuv5xrub183

Praise Papa Nurgle

I don't know which is more horrifying. Tyranids re-rolling failed charge rolls or tyranids getting +1 to their armor saves.

Post dem current projects

Is the new Ynnari ruleset scanned yet?

armor saves by a mile.

Failed charges could be handled very easily with cp rerolls.

Ignore the mold lines please

no

Please

Why don't you take two minutes to scrape them off you faggot?

Those lines cross the line fella. Spending all that money on those models then leaving lines on... Fuck's sake!

no
u die now

Good shit. Very noice mate.

Papa bless

>BT chapter tactic vs 3+/5++ jeanstealing deepstrikers.

hmmm, i wonder?

The Tyranid stratagems are fucking horrifying.

Best way to make a Catachan melee based army? I want to burn things then punch them.

Hmm, mechanized vets with flamers? I dunno really.

>2+ save -1 to hit screamer killers

When will Broadsides stop sucking ass.
Like 175 points for T5 W6 that lands average 1.75 wounds per turn against a Leman Russ.

Railsides of course, not the visual vomit that missilesides are

>vets

Really m8.

Infantry squads have the same WS and if they're using flamers, BS doesn't matter. Infantry squads are also 2 points cheaper per model.

lol i just realized that genestealers are basically marines with that ability.

i wonder how much the armor upgrade is gonna cost.

With 18" assault D6 S7 AP -4 plasma

For 90 points

Nothing, they just lose Advance+charge.

So i am having problems with my basing moving even after i have it dried for 24 hours. Is there any way to stop this? The basing also seems to stick the shoes of the mini even when i try my darnedest to not get any glue on them,

Hmm. Flamer infantry squads could be nice. Vets are nice too though because 3 flamers and 1 heavy flamer. I was thinking of Bullgryn too.

I think they're 100 with the spore cysts

>Nothing
>WS3+ T4 3+/5++ and rend for 12pts

*breaths in*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Do the math on the infantry squads vs vets. After so many squads, you'll be able to afford more flamers overall. All while getting much more melee power.

>sons of the phoenix

Same thing i do every night Pinky, trying to build an army that doesn't fit rules, time, fluff, model, allegiance.

>i am having problems with my basing moving
What? Like, falling off?

If yes, try using some watered down PVA to "seal" it.

And apparently orientation is out the door as well.

Don't forget Jormungandr can fit Broodlords in the Trygon tunnels with them, so make that WS 2+

My other ones don't have them, I completely forgot on this one

Its the same ruleset from the index. It hasn't changed. They just updated it since what was previously in the box was from 7th e

lol, it just keeps getting better.

Some post-heresy 1ksons still have red armor though

What's your process? I personally put my sand/rocks with elmers glue, no dilution, too lazy. Next day I prime and then will put a good base paint down over. Never had issues with this process.

Sounds good. I was thinking like 3 infantry squads, a couple of conscript blobs and some Bullgryn. Should the rest be tanks?

Straken + priests + tons of infantry squads with power weapons + company commanders with power fists

Then just sit there, play the army like you normally would with shooting and make him come to you. Then when he tries to charge you, you counterattack and beat the fuck out of him.

No one expects the guard player to play normally but then charge you when you get too close.

Remove or be removed

nids related AAAGGGGGHHHH posting when?

Should be with Cruddace's face instead of Stannis' this time.

Do blobs still work post comissar nerf?

>imperialfags and taufags fight over who has the best plasma
>tyranids just evolve theirs to become better than both

On the topic of Dreads and their loose equivalents (DEQs?), how does Veeky Forums like its hard-hitting weapons - D6 damage or flat 3?

For I am not sold on the Hemlock Wraithfighter, while yes S12 2d3 -4 D2 auto hits is pretty sexy and being able to cast psychic powers, smite and one other rune of battle that debuffs enemy units, at the same time, I feel a Crimson Hunter Exarch with two Starcannon's and a Pulse Laser is a stronger option for murdering things, plus the loss of facing rules makes it friggen hilarious. But, running super Psyker heavy list already with Ulthwe as my Craftworld flavor Hemlock fits all the same.

Won't happen. Nid players hace suffered for too long, and aren't massive shitters like Guardfags.

D6 will statisticly give you more wounds on average, but a flat 3dmg is alright.

I tried that but lightly brushing the base with watered down Elmers but it just moves with the brush.
Well i usually do a light brush of Elmers and then put it in my mixture of Burnt turf and fine Basalt and coat it well. It tends to get everywhere especially the grass it will cover the feet of the mini. I then have to brush the feet off which will leave a hole in the basing around the feet.

Sounds good. What kind of range is good? I've tried various things with mixed results.
Conscripts are still decent and will get a lot of attacks in melee.

depends on number of attacks.

if I only have few, I can't afford series of 1s for rolls and I probably need to spend a CP to reroll misses too, meaning that I can't reroll damage.

If I'm doing mass case cracking, then I'm more inclined to gamble.

Fuck off nid WAACfag

If you are going anti tank T8/3+ a crimson hunter exarch should take bright lances.

crimson hunter 4 damage
crimson hunter w/BL 4.7 damage
Wraithjet w/o smite 5.3 damage
wraithjet w/ smite 7.25 damage (assuming you smite the tank)

The sheer amount of cheese in this book, as well as customization, is looking to be incredible.

I own a Daemon Prince, Kharn, 48 Bezerkers, and a party Land Raider to toss some of them in. What can I add to this to make a viable World Eaters list?

>be nid player
>finally get to be called WAAC

dreams DO come true.

Underevolved prey species detected

prepare to be devoured

Feeder tendrils is fucking nuts. I can't wait to gain all the CP for eating my opponents dudes.

even more so because they have one that gives them more CP during a game.

Given range really isn't a factor given they can basically ignore it at the beginning of the game I think Wraithjet takes it. Damn.

You guys won't be laughing when you can't talk about your faction without people spamming WAACfag and getting no constructive replies. Look what happened to guard.

Hmm well i cant help with grass. I never could get it to work for me. I would think it might be easier to just put down patches of grass instead over the whole thing though.

Are ghosts a thing in 40k?
I want to have a "mixed" loyalist space marine army that's done up all ghostly. IE: dark angels, blood angels, ultramarines, etc. all done with ghost paintjobs.

We outnumber the crybabies so it's fine.

Legion of the Damned

>Wraith units
>Legion of the Damned
>GK Ghost Knights
>literally anything to do with Daemons
And probably a bunch of other shit I'm forgetting

Don't care, nids have been garbage since 4th edition.

It's finally coming up tyranids!

DESU the haruspex is still going to be ass. I don't think there were even any changes were there?

45 point HQ character neurothropes with 3++ and full Smite

Brigade and Battalion for 15 CP here I come

>Nidfags justifying a top cheese codex with "but we were shit on in past editions"
Christ maybe we were wrong about Guard. Tyranids are quite literally the new Tau.

I dunno I have a fetish for plasma and lascannons. I sit there and slap his favorite model upside the head with lascannons till he gets mad. Then when he starts to close the gap you want to play keep away until you've got him about a foot away or less. Then suddenly go towards him and try to get a 6" charge or less.

It takes a lot of gut calls and just making the right gamble, but you have to get them to close the distance with you so they do the hard part. Trying to charge guardsmen up the table just makes it blindingly obvious what you're up to and you'll get shot to shit. You also need to know when to make sacrifices and let the opponent just eat a squad, sometimes using one as bait will put him in perfect charge range of 3. Also don't forget you're IG, you should be softening up any target before the charge with shooting. Tough firebase units like Leman Russes help with that.

Basically you use close combat as another tool, not the cornerstone of your army. Pure CQC armies are a terrible idea in 40k no matter who you are, hell there's a quote in the codex that says exactly that. Close combat needs fire support just like a gunline needs protection. Going full retard into one type of build only hurts you. But CQC can still be a valuable tool, it just needs to be used wisely. Catachans can do it the best and at the end of the day you're really spending maybe a 150pts tops to get a whole infantry line kitted out, so it's not a big deal as long as your meta isn't nothing but primarchs.

the rumors are, its just a 60-80 pts cost.

You are a meme

To be the new Tau you have to be in denial that your shit is OP. Nid players seem to be pretty aware of how crazy this book is.

>/D/

Well they can't be the new Eldar, because at least Eldar players accepted 7th with relative grace instead of trying to go full apologist with "muh Cruddex!".

Being awful in an old edition doesn't give you the right to ruin this one.

That doesn't help it. It can still only kill an average of 3 marines per turn. We'll have to look at the weapons and see if they're any different.

>Nid players complain about IG codex
>"You were broke as shit in 5th, you didn't need this"
>Codex comes out for 8th
>They pull the same shit they accused us of doing

Welcome to the club bugs, it will be a glorious day holding hands in unity as we crush the meta beneath our endless starship troopers memes

aparently its becoming significantly cheaper and there's a stratagem (grisly feast )that gives enemy units -1 ld within 6 inches of it.

I see. Thanks for the insight. I'm not sure what to do against opponents that never come and just run away. I guess bring enough firepower then?

So, What do you guys think about The Bolter and Chainsword?

>ruin
A strong Tyranid codex makes for a great edition user. Beating up on anemic imitation-bugs is no fun, you need to work for your victories to have it mean anything.

>it will be a glorious day holding hands in unity as we crush the meta beneath our endless starship troopers memes
If 8th wasn't the best edition ever before, it sure as fuck is now.

Yea i was thinking about that. i just rebased some stuff tonight ill report back in the morning

You shoot them, because you're IG. If you see an opening, or a way to neuter his horde firepower, you can mount a charge say turn 2-3, but as always shooting should be your cornerstone plane. Charging should be seen as a bonus, a chance to cover additional ground, finish off weakened units, tie up enemy units, and force them off objectives.

Like I said, at most you should be dropping maybe 200pts on CQC, with straken, a few priests, and CWQ weapons. That's plenty of points left for guns. Maybe don't focus as much on heavy weapons in infantry squads but other than that it's good to go.

its been almost 20 years since they were good. just let them have this. They only have untill the next codex drop.

fuck off

>20 years

Hate to break it you m8 but 4th edition was not 20 years ago.

They were great in 4th.

In my personal experience D6 having a higher risk but higher reward is better, plus wolves dreadnought claws are cheaper than their powerfists

Also how's this for a dreadnought list

Space Wolves Vanguard Detachment 2000points

HQ:
Bjorn the Fellhanded: Plasma Cannon, Trueclaw w/ heavy flamer 257pts
Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought: Assault Cannon, DCCW w/ heavy flamer 198pts

Elites:
Venerable Dreadnought: Fenrisian Great Axe & Blizzard Shield 145pts
Venerable Dreadnought: Twin Lascannon, Great claw w/ heavy flamer 182pts
Relic Contemptor Dreadnought: Kheres assault cannon, chainfist w/ plasma blastgun 227pts
Redemptor Dreadnought: Macro plasma incinerator, fist w/ gatling cannon, fragstorm launchers 201pts
Relic Deredeo Dreadnought: Arachnus lascannons, twin heavy bolter, aiolos missile launcher 257pts

Heavy Support:
Siege Dreadnought: Multi melta, Seismic hammer w/ meltagun 192pts
Relic Leviathan Dreadnought: Grav flux bombard, siege drill w/ meltagun 341pts

they were alright in 4th if you spammed 6 carnifexes, they were no where near as good as holofalcons.

3rd edition they were a fucking beast with almost every unit being table top worthy.

8 years. But it sure feels like 20.

Good ending:
Nids become a strong, but not broken faction, with many viable options. Tyrannic War Veterans and Deathwatch become more efficient against them, to encourage players to pick these fluffy units as allies.
Bad ending:
Nids become broken as shit, dominate the game for half a month before an FAQ nerfs them into the dirt and makes the codex worthless due to being filled with mostly false information.

Someone give me a quick rundown on why I should fear the new bug book

Get a priest and Straken for +2 attacks for every unit within 6 inch. Add Harker for rerolling 1s in shooting.

Three characters turned your blob of strong men into very dangerous strong men.

This.

unless you ran flying tyrant spam, they were bottom tier in 6th

What's a good way to remove mold lines from the ridges of plasma guns and meltaguns?