North Korea has undergone a violent internal coup...

North Korea has undergone a violent internal coup, and now a bloodthirsty warlord has taken the reins of the country and threatens the world with his nuclear arsenal. The UN rallied and has sent allied forces into the country to capture him and his top lieutenants before any harm can be done.

Your character is a lone mercenary inserted into North Korea to take advantage of the opportunity and capture the warlord and his lieutenants to collect their bounties and line your own pockets (and to bring some prestige to your mercenary outfit). Along the way, you can do side contracts for assorted factions, under the assumption that whoever you work with the most will ultimately take control of the country after the Norks are dealt with. You can do work for all of them, but who does your character work with the most?
>The South Koreans, who want reunification of the peninsula. Note that your point of contact for South Korean contracts is a CIA man, so you know Uncle Sam wants reunification too
>China, who would prefer to see the territory brought fully under the PRC's control, South Koreans be damned
>The Russian mob, war profiteers who want to ensure at least a little instability in the region so they can keep making money and running guns through the country
>Fuck 'em, just gimme the bounties

>Note that your point of contact for South Korean contracts is a CIA man,
>so you know Uncle Sam wants reunification too

I don't see how this follows

For what it's worth, the US and South Korea have been buddies for a long time. Better the Koreans get the peninsula than the Chinese.

Start a war between China and South Korea

>The UN doing anything
How do you expect me to believe this bullshit?

Work with me on this one.

>Not going full-on /k/ and working to create a New Rhodesia...

>Mercenaries
>One of them is a chick
Let's get one thing straight: she's only there to suck the dicks of the two dudes.

women can shoot guns just as well as men, you don't need to be physically strong to shoot a rifle.

>women can shoot guns just as well as men
Not really no. All you need to do is look at sniper records, averages and competitions.
>Inb4 "b-but women are more accurate in competitions!!!"
Because competitions work on a point basis rather than an accuracy basis. Men score more points because they're faster, making them slightly less accurate on average (becaus they end up taking less time to line up their shots due to time constraints).

Women are shit, SHIT, at pretty much anything even remotely related to warfare and most things unrelated to warfare. They're literally walking breeding modules so they don't need to be good at anything to justify consuming precious oxygen, unlike men.

Oddly enough I was thinking of running a M1 game a week or so ago only reason I didn't do it was I wasn't sure if it had lasting legs.

Were you going to run the scenario wholesale?

If you had played the game you'd know that pretty much all they do is bitch about not being able to do anything.

>Opening scenario when the mercenary touches down is Allied HQ getting shelled from artillery on a hill literally just behind them
>With one of the Deck of 52 on that same hill
They can't publically admit it to the media, but the Allied forces needed the mercenary badly. They mainly served as payouts for bounties and gatekeepers for the Aces.

/k/orea? I can dig it.

And now I'm off to go play it again.
Thanks OP.

No I was thinking of using a smaller number of leaders like 35ish vs the52 in the game. I didn't much planing outside that I was worried that combat would get
boring but I'm sure if you ran it needs Sidon by mission something can be done

Jennifer Mui, for the record, is ex-SAS and ex-MI6 before she went freelance. Her specialty is stealth and marksmanship, with an affinity for sniper rifles, and she speaks fluent Chinese.

What does that accomplish?

Maybe he's being hired by some arms company. Or maybe the Chinese are pushing for escalation so they can intervene for their pan-Asian ambitions. Fuck, IDK.

Why did you think feeding a troll would be a good idea?

This is one of my favorite games. Too bad my PS2 died before I could finish it. Also, why wasn't it ported to PC!!!

I worked mostly for the Chinese. The South Koreans hated me and started to shoot on sight.

Funnily, working for the Russians had no impact whatsoever on the other factions.

One thing that should also be implemented, is that each faction could provide you with some specific equipment and support. The Chinese had artillery strikes, the UN air strikes and bunker buster bombs, the Russians would provide small arms and neutral vehicles, etc.

That's because the Russian mob don't care who wins after the Norks lose. In fact, optimally, they want EVERYONE to lose so they can run their business unimpeded. That's why they send you after targets of opportunity from every faction (except the Allies, I think).

I don't remember the whole story with the two guys from the mob.

More work for a mercenary.

Why not just support the Russians, then? They're doing the heavy lifting part of destabilizing the region.

young guy was an asshole and tried to kill you and mat's bro. so you kill him, because fuck that noise

all this thread is doing is making me sad that pandemic and lucasarts are dead and EA would fuck it up even if they rebooted the series

I guess there's the Just Cause series if you want the same overarching premise, sort of.

A war between China and South Korea would escalate into a war between China and NATO. You would not only destabilize the region, you would start WW3.