Hey Veeky Forums I'm building a superhero for a game

Hey Veeky Forums I'm building a superhero for a game.

What are some cool powers to give him?

Other urls found in this thread:

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Chemistry_Manipulation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like laser vision, it's just kinda cool.

depends on the setting

Reverse-time manipulation.

Changing 'how events transpired' to create a new present. Also capable of counteracting precogs by changing their vision of the future

It's a superhero setting, everything is going to be possible.

Chemical mimicry/manipulation.
Being able to fuel pretty much any chemical reaction and then also BE any of the reactants/resulting chemicals is pretty neat for a clever player.
Bonus points if you can phase shift into liquid/gas.

Flight and super strength, duh.

Animal manipulation, talk to birds. Call yourself the Wing. Swoop down upon criminals with the force of a thousand crows.

That's a good one, user powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Chemistry_Manipulation

The power to take chicks clothes off with your mind so you can see their thingys

Isn’t that just telekinesis?

The power can ONLY be used to take off girls clothes to see their thingys. WILL NOT work with traps/trans unless they are super passable

>thingys
Tits. Pussies. Vaginas.
Fucking say what you mean you faggot nigger, this site has no censorship.

The power to transfer drunkenness.

What level?
Street hero, avenger, cosmic?

I'm an ass guy.

Write attribute on thing
Thing gets attribute

'Strong' on forehead

Earth scale superheroes

>not abs

Super Strength, Flight and Durability.

What's the power level of your gaming group? Do they like anime, fantasy books, wuxia films?

Since I have the highest power level in my group I've been praised for creativity, simply by making characters based on more obscure anime, books, movies. Not even that obscure, they didn't even notice when I did a ferruchemist.

They would know most common stuff.

We’ve got a new guy a wizard and an elder neckbeard.

I once made a guy called 'Captain Chasm'. His abilities were all centered around making holes in things. He started off as a low tier villain for my players, trying to fill in the void in his life with mustache twirling villainy. He made a hole into a bank vault, dropped the guards into holes without hurting them, and was about to make his getaway when the players showed up.

The players were kind of shitty towards him, what with breaking almost every bone he had before putting him in the slammer.

He got out of jail with relative ease after his wounds healed, and grew bitter. He tailed the party very closely, eventually stealing an artifact before the party could get their hands on it. It granted him insight beyond any other being, and he then knew just how strong his powers could be.

He could now make holes in time, holes in space (teleportation basically), holes in people, and most cheeky of all, holes in the logic of others.

I used him to fuck with the party to no end, and he is still alive.

I love it.

Ok, so no easy outs.

Go mythological, but more obscure, if someone catches you on it, you look smart instead of unoriginal. No Hercules, Cuchulainn or Sun Wukong, go for Autolycus, Finn McCool or Erlang Shen

I couple of my own more original ideas:
A nerd gains The Gamer power, but on another genre instead of RPG. I did FPS, but you could also make a guy with powers based on side-scrolling beat'em ups, fighting games, or platformers.
Make a superscientist but instead of gadgets or armor give him a superpower that is NOT connected to science. Like how Reed Richards can stretch. Something physical or maybe even magical. A superscientist with an obviously magical power that frustrates him with how unscientific it is could be great. I have a Doctor Alchemist, who has a doctorate in chemistry and Firestorm-like powers, using his knowledge to create useful substances and hating that his powers do not work like real chemistry.
A hero with a clearly villainous power is always great, I have a superman expy where his kit, in addition to the flying brick stuff, is all superdeadly (disintegration, radiation, chemical weapons). Someone with control over diseases or pollution, some with mental powers more geared twoards mindrape and enslavement than the usual team comms and utility, not a vampire or demon possessed, those are overdone. Have a character arc about your fight with temptation and how other are prejudiced against you because you have villain powers.
An atlatean, but with powers that are NOT related to water, magic, water magic, animals, water based animals, water based mythical creatures, ice, or water. Seriously just the base 'live underwater' and anything else.
Make a character in a fantasy rpg (D&D 3.PF, is good enough for this, specially if using M&M), translate him to your supers system, and make a story about how he was sent to this dimension by his enemy. Does he want to go back? Did his party come too? Did his world die?

Isn't his only power canonically to be able to make women easier?

>Tits. Pussies. Vaginas.
>Fucking say what you mean you faggot nigger, this site has no censorship.
You're a retard who gets overly upset more often than necessary because you lack the ability to discern jokes from mistakes.

This, but literally VISION, as in the ability to see lasers or see with lasers, and NOT just a damaging beam that happens to come out of otherwise normally functioning eyes.

You're a triggered little pussy bitch who needed an hour and a half to make a comeback and that was the better you could shit out? You don't have the high ground to call anyone a retard, you microcephalic, blabbering moron.
Now fuck off back to whatever two dollar whore spawned you, you failed abortion, and cry about the bullies on the internet.

Not him but calm down son.

There’s a thread up right now on Veeky Forums to generate your random powers, my dude.

I love this guy. I love simple powers used so creatively they become overpowered. Like your “I make holes” guy.

>Avengers
You meant Justice League

First, write up his greatest trauma. Then develop a power based on that, using the rules from Weaver Dice. Keep in mind that the power should solve the problem without actually solving the problem: for instance, the kid whose beloved grandfather is dying and wants to spend more time with him gets the ability to freeze things that he touches in time for a few minutes at a time.

Super ugly. So uncannily fugg that your uncovered face is the antithesis of sanity and reality itself recoils from it.

>holes in people
That seems like something he would've tried doing a long time ago, unless the holes in people magically don't hurt or impair them and he figured it was useless as an attack.

>Justice League
Justice League is cosmic. Even Batman goes from street level to cosmic, capaable of outsmating the smartest in the galaxy and stealthing past even Superman level senses or telepaths.

Avengers is a better middle point, the usually only have one or two cosmic level heroes.

Gud taste friend

>I love simple powers used so creatively they become overpowered.
That's not what that is at all; that's what happens whenever some dumbass applies wordplay to a superpower.

Like if I made a character who had -complete control- over bananas and said that meant they could make bananas that generated heat.

so what hero system do you enjoy the most?

I think gurps works bretty gud for rules heavy superheroes games.

Using risus for this one though.

The ability to control bones.

In the spirit of the holiday:
Skeletation Sensation
>They have the ability to give people an uncanny feeling that skeletons are nearby, and will spook them soon

Mutants and Masterminds, although I'd like a more narrative-focused system for handling broader powers. Like the more bullshit jojo stands

At-will Midas touch, but it turns stuff into an appropriate Denny's menu item instead of gold.

Sand to grits, walls to waffles, leather to country fried steak.

Risus and the jojos rpg seem to work pretty good.

Make sure to use the evens up variant.

Counterpoint: Regular laser vision is fucking awesome and if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Urethra manipulation.

>Teet Vision instead of heat vision
>You literally can see every titty ever as if you had X-ray vision but it only works on titties
>Fag scientist who gave you your super powers made a typo on the sheet.

>Ability to control plants
>Literally industrial plants
>really good at keeping efficiency high

>Weak to admiration
>You lose your powers when people praise you
>You require people call you a piece of shit in order to continue to have powers. You are also a manic depressive alcoholic. These two things are unrelated

He has the power to create a one millimeter cut in anything he has direct line of sight of.

>Act like a retard
>Stop acting like a retard
> I was only Acting!