USEFUL RESOURCES & LINKS FOR THE RPG (OLD AND NEW)

>USEFUL RESOURCES & LINKS FOR THE RPG (OLD AND NEW)

Rulebooks:
mediafire.com/folder/icjb615izaw31/L5R

The FF Beta:
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/dc/2f/dc2f92bb-bfd2-4f12-99eb-1d084491de65/l5r00_beta_rulebook.pdf

>USEFUL RESOURCES & LINKS FOR THE FF LCG

Tabletop Simulator Mod - steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1099785017

Ringteki (Browser based game client) - mahois.fun/

Card Database / Deck Builder - fiveringsdb.com/

TTS Deck Converter - infamous-irc.com/dengeki/l5r-deck-generator/

This Paste: pastebin.com/0JF6Acgv

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/10/30/the-fate-of-flames/
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/10/31/better-to-be-certain/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/10/30/the-fate-of-flames/

>Worlds story choice is up
Discuss

This in conjunction with constigency can give you 10 honor easily.
More if you play against scorpion and they do their constigency too.

It costs too much

In case you missed this

TFW when still no info on neutral role cards

Yeah it is 2 for no substantial gain, though hopefully the threat will be enough to stop the current 5 or nothing bids.

Another shitty card spoiled

Nice with seeker of enlightment; most other use would require some ability to get fed from fate on rings.
Actually quite nice.
Will be nice when long game is better for lion.
That just seems mean.

If this card is going to be played at all, it will be obvious to play around whenever opponent has 2 fate going into draw/duel.
This card is for honor victory, but when you are close to honor victory, you opponent is not going to bid anything but 1.
Maybe there is something to gain from mindgaming your opponent by putting one of these in deck.

Nice, but have to see more commanders, as there is only one in core, and one in first pack.
Holy shit.

A 8 honor gain in the 1st or 2nd round to start of honor victory is good enough.
And then it is quite common to go into conflict with 2 fate; forcing the enemy to go for 4 bids is also useful.

Even without commanders playing him to get an easy victory; summon him with matsu (and he won't go back into the deck) makes him quite useful

I am seeing the beginning of an honor deck forming with this plus the new Unicorn Region plus splashing Crab for Rebuild.

assassination bait

Is he selling crab's souls?

What that mouth do?

>Check Beta
>'Roll and Keep'
>Ah, I see that for once, FF kept things simple, instead of-
>uses custom d6 and d12 dice
Well, fuck you too, then.

Late to the party, eh?

Can Reprieve be used to fulfill sacrifice?

No

This is probably overcosted but I think it will be worth the look on my opponent's faces when I slam this on their snowflake.

>bump
Are we getting an updated RR and/or FAQ before world's?
Is the event going to be streamed by FFG?

Yeah Thursday on twitch i believe

Ah thanks!

Threadly reminder that Ikoma Eiji is not good card and spirit caller is better.

Remember, only a faggy crane would choose justice.

#Duty

Just pick whatever option leads to war.

Justice likely means hunting down Kolat/Spider.

Consider the following:

1. Duty will lead to a story battle.
2. Lion always loses story battles.
3. Matsu Tsuko would be in this story battle.
4. Characters frequently die when they lose story battles.

QED, if you pick Duty, Matsu Tsuko dies.

Pick Duty, user. Do it for the community.

Lol one obnoxious Lion will just be replaced by another.

Anybody have any predictions for the contents of the deck that wins worlds?

Scorpion with crab.

t. Lion player

Yeah FF got access to the best dice mechanic of any game and they decided to do more of their own fagy dice.

If you can get the holding that makes events cheaper it might be OK.

Yep, it's shit again how Toturi for all his prowess doesn't have Commander

Dragon with who-the-fuck-cares Splash.

Unicorn with Phoenix splash.

Witness me.

Is dragon really that strong? No one plays dragon at my store.

This

I will watch you ride shiny and gold Into the gates of Meido. Shine bright my rider.

so how bout infinite yurt unicorn guys?

Imperial Storehouse
Banzai
Court Games
Fine Katana
Ornate Fan
Assassination

Dragon's a very solid bet for winning worlds. Even Lion matchup, positive Scorpion matchup, very positive Crane matchup, positive Crab and Unicorn (lol), their only bad matchup is Phoenix but Phoenix loses to 2/3rds of the field and likely won't be prominent at top tables. Dragon, when piloted judiciously, can create so much value that opponents struggle to keep up with board presence.

Lion's the other big favorite. They've got a less than ideal Crane game, which is a problem because Crane's going to be everywhere, but sometimes Lion just has flops that literally can't be beaten.

>Imperial Storehouse
A ballsy call, actually. I know several people who are not big fans of storehouse. It definitely isn't a universal card to be played in every deck.

2 is the right cost. If it didn't cost 2 then you bid 1 on honor dial and pay 1 fate that's 8 honor gained which is a massive swing on the cheap so 2 is actually a fair cost. Presuming Crane stronghold that puts you straight to 19 honor, you find a way to win one ring of air conflict and find some way to honor your guys(good chance with Shameful Display and Art of Peace provinces) and that puts you dangerously within honor win range. Send in Kakita Kaezin on other turns and then duel with him and you put your opponent in a bind on whether to send a single defender to negate Kaezin's duelling but opening yourself up to an Admit Defeat or sending multiple defenders but then facing a dilemma on the honor bid for duels and you either win the duel but lose honor again but then have an unbowed Kaezin on the Crane side at home, or you lose the duel but then get opened up to an Admit Defeat and lose the province. Or you know, you just get a bunch of Brash Samurai's lurking the field or a Savvy Politician that gets Way of the Crane'd and Honors the entire board.

If you want to go full nuts, combine it with Contingency Plan. Drop to a bid of 0, gain 10 total honor from the bid. With Lion that puts you at 22 honor going into the first conflict phase.

I wouldn't drop it to 0 with Contingency Plan on the first turn because I still at least want to draw 1 card at least if i'm playing Crane. Unless somehow there's a bunch of cheap Sincerity dudes that get added in that I can draw from later. Good point about Lion though since they do want to bid low at the moment and their dudes are cheap.

Sometimes it's just better than playing a sub par character in the slot right about now and some decks generally bid low and want to draw more.

It is the most probable neutral dynasty card.
I would say that neutral attachments and, especially, assassination are also not played universally.

>Paying 2 fate and 3 cards (not drawing) to get 10 honor only if opponent is dense enough to go for 5.
>Dead card against dishonor decks which always bid 1.
>Winning a conflict with 5 fate of characters and 2 conflict cards in hand on first turn.

It's not so much that Dragon are strong but rather they're just the all-rounder clan right now with being equally strong in both Military and Political. Also for the most part they're generally quite equal or slightly favored in most of their matchups.

>Paying 2 fate and 3 cards (not drawing) to get 10 honor only if opponent is dense enough to go for 5
Where is it that you're paying 3 cards? You're paying one card and that's just Way of the Chrysanthemum. And yes people do bid 5 quite often in the first turn. 2 fate is nothing if you're in Crane where your events are primarily 0-1 costs. I'm not the user saying to play Contingency Plan to have a dial of 0.
>Dead card against dishonor decks which always bid 1.
There are a large vast number of situational cards in L5R that when they do work they're really damn good or said cards are dead anyway depending on the game state.(Display of Power with 3 broken provinces, Assassinate on a board with no relevant targets or extremely low Honor pool.) The entire game is based on functionally situational cards within the relevant Clan cards(Admit Defeat, Ready for Battle etc.) that when the conditions are right for playing them then they're good.
>Winning a conflict with 5 fate of characters and 2 conflict cards in hand on first turn.
Again, where is it that you will have 2 conflict cards on the first turn? I'm not the user saying to play Contingency Plan on the first turn. You're going to have 4 cards even if you bid one and play Chrysanthemum. 5 fate is enough for most of the cheap Crane dudes early and still have 1 fate left. If i'm Crane i'm just looking to hang back and look to have a flipped Shameful Display or Art of Peace when attacked and then look to defend it strongly if Political conflict or just lightly defend if military and then counterattack hard on Political or hang back for control of Imperial Favor. If Crane stays keeper role after Winter Court and I have Disdainful Remark in hand then that's going to make it easy for me to keep a province intact on first or second turn.

>Trying this card to make honor win work.
We'll see how playable this is when packs drop.

Time will certainly but the potential is definitely there now greater than before though, you don't force to win by Honor but you just threaten it and then control the board from there. In theory anyway.

This is Crane's meta to lose. Scorpion appear stronger than they actually are at top tables. Crane has good or even match-ups across the board.

The Dragon/Unicorn attachment voltron is an awful matchup for Crane.

I'm more sure than ever, FFG is using the Magician's Force. I'm refering to a technique in close up magic (slight of hand, not /x/ shit)

Take a basic prediction trick. You write down a prediction on a piece of paper and drop it into a sealed envelope. You pick a rando in the audience and tell them you're going to ask them to pick one of three objects. You show them a pen, a playing card, and the tv remote and ask them to pick one. If they pick the thing you wrote down, GREAT! go to reveal. If they pick the wrong one you toss it over your shoulder and say, okay you got rid of that one. Now pick one. If they pick wrong again you toss that over your shoulder and say so this is the one that's left! Go to reveal.

If the pick right you go; Okay, you want THIS one then? If they change their mind you go back to the previous step, if not you nod since now they've confirmed this IS their choice.

Pick between vague DUTY and JUSTICE to decide the story? HAH. More like pick one of two ways that FFG has already planned for the story to reach the point they want it to reach.

THat said, I make no value judgment on the fact that they are doing this. This isn't QUITE what AEG did, since they just flat out shat all over the player driven choices in the open. Remains to be seen if retaining more control over the story while allowing the player base the illusion of choice will work out or not.

Most of the Crane players I talk to splash Fury and Let Go to bring it much more into an even MU. Fury and Admit Defeat both deal with towers well.

WILEY TRADER IS WORTH ONE KOKU

X splash dragon, prolly crane. I expect scorp and drag to be majority of the field, but for scorp to wash out in top

It's not that bad for Crane, it's easier to manage than the Lion matchup by far. Aggressively mulligan to find Doji Challenger/Kakita Kaezin plus cheap Courtier or Doji Gift Giver. Look to play Doji Challenger+Courtier or Doji Gift Giver. Yeah you're going to hate giving them 1 fate but if it can win you a vital ring, break a province unopposed and win Imperial Favor at the end then it's fine. What you generally want in opening conflict hands are cards like Admit Defeat, Noble Sacrifice, For Shame. If you're splashing Scorpion or Dragon then Calling in Favors for Scorp or Let Go/Mirumoto's Fury should be in opening hand if possible. If Phoenix, then you want Display of Power in hand. If Lion then Strength in Numbers and Ready for Battle.

It isn't until Dragon starts going wide that you will have a problem.

>More like pick one of two ways that FFG has already planned for the story to reach the point they want it to reach.

The Illusion of choice is better than actual choice anyway. Since we will never know what would happen if the other option was picked, everyone can feel like we matter to l5r in universe, and as long as FFG doesn't fuck the story, everything is golden.

Whether or not they will actually write anything decent in the long run we'll have to wait and see, but theres a better chance of it happening if they don't listen everyone who ISN'T a writer.

So, my group may be playing the Time of the Void adventure soon-ish. Without spoilers, could someone tell me how high-adventure I should expect things to get? Like, on a scale of 1-10, 1 being average joe who's quickly forgotten and 10 being the level of fame a Thunder would have, how famous should I expect my character might become in that adventure? I ask mainly because I want to know how ambitious I can get when it comes to character concept; I wouldn't play someone hoping to start his own school if we're just going to be dudes who are probably forgotten after a generation or two, for example.

If it helps, I'm either playing a Crane, Crab, or Dragon.

I really hope all of the packs arr on sale tomorrow. So many people that play right now are terrible and they need all available info to choose roles properly

How is getting all packs on sale connected to terrible players?

Is there something like a spell compendium for the 4e RPG? Hunting for spells in several different books is pretty inconvenient.

Fortune favors the bold, samurai. Glory awaits those who are daring and honorable enough to seize it! Go for 10/10, if you miss you might only hit 7 or 8, but that is better than living and dying in faceless mediocrity.

Lasthaiku has a bunch catalogued, but I don't think it's a complete list across every book. Still, it's a good place to start.

Any commentary on the adventures such as Time of the Void? Any good? Fucking terrible? And what exactly is the tl;dr of each?

There used to be a file floating around somewhere called "L5R-4th-Edition-Index-of-Game-Mechanics.xls".

fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/10/31/better-to-be-certain/

New Story

Alright, let's try this again. We got off on a bad foot the other day. Worlds is tomorrow, and either the entire set of packs is for sale there (in which case this is ultimately irrelevant) or they aren't for sale there (in which case some amount of this will be useful to the community for determining optimal roles to pick). I'm catching my flight in the morning tomorrow, so tonight is my last moment with my computer with which to create and post these, so better now than never.

Pic related are all of the unrevealed provinces for the Imperial Cycle plus one extra card that should've been shown along with Chasing the Sun. (Don't get me wrong, even with Child of the Plains Chasing the Sun is still a bad card, but it's a far cry from being the biggest coaster in the game that it looks like in a vacuum.) You'll have to excuse the low-quality image; I'm a paranoid fuck who doesn't want to get caught, and so I ran this thing through a couple of layers and transforms to remove any potential identifying data that could've been encoded in the background image. I don't even know if that's a thing FFG does, but in case it is I did my best to remove it.

For proof I included Doji Representative with its illustrator circled. It's a bit hard to read, but it's Eli Ring. You can check his artstation account; this art is not on there. To the best of my ability to search he also didn't do any art for old5r, either. As far as I'm aware he also is not a major part of the L5R community, unlike Ray Greaves. When worlds opens up tomorrow, if Tears is the only pack for sale you can verify these cards by this information. If the second pack is also on sale, then you can verify these cards by seeing Riot in the Streets and Frostbitten Crossing in that pack.

There will not be additional leaks coming from me. Anybody claiming to be me and providing future spoilers is just having a laugh and you should disregard them. This is a one time thing due to exigent circumstances.

Thank you so much! Those packs better be for sale or there's no excuse for FFG not spoiling these.

Agreed this information is huge with the elements.

Thank you kind stranger! I can believe they've chosen not to spoil these provinces considering how much of an effect they can have on role choices!

I don't get what Public Forum does.
Why would there be honor tokens on a province?

It puts one on itself the first time you would break it. Essentially you have to break it twice, more if there ever comes a way to remove the token it places.

Assuming those spoilers are legit, who wants the void province? Dragon?

Yeah. They go seeker of void almost for sure with this and slap that on their SH and we all just fuck off forever...

Definitely going to have to look into exploring an Imperial Crane build in the future, we'll see how relevant Imperial traits are when the full cycle drops and what roles happen. Public forum seems to be great swing with Display of Power essentially stealing a ring without having to sac a province.

Voltron could get the most out of it, assuming Voltron is powered up evenly. However Crane and Crab, with their lopsided favoritism to one side or the other, could get some help from it.

With these leaks I see options beginning to open, so that the individual Clan decks wont just be mirror images of each other.

These just popped up from Bad Publicity

>we'll see how relevant Imperial traits are when the full cycle drops and what roles happen

At the very least, they can feed Ishikawa into no attachment Voltron.

Anyone got the dice app leaked, like the Star Wars general has?

This would change my vote for the element but I won't go that far anyways

+3 is pretty significant of a boost for a holding(highest seen so far) but not entirely sure of it worth taking up a single card slot though it is Imperial trait. Really not sure what to make of this card because there have been many times where i've successfully broken or defended a province by margins of 3 or less.

>F&Famine
>BtThrone
Fuck, that's nuts.

>CotPlains
Neat.

This card is hot garbage. It's practically fucking useless for Unicorn players. As if it wasn't clear already that FFG doesn't give a fuck about giving the Clan decent cards, now they're making cards that are basically only good if you plan to splash Unicorn.

There could be some useful neutral characters you may use that the card will be relevant for.

>other clans have not also gotten coasters.

Unicorn sure are persecuted by FF with swift magistrate and child of the planes coming out and line up of good dynasty characters.

Unicorn players are just really sensitive given how they came out of the box. I have one in ny house and seeing Gaijin Customs tonight put him at full tilt

>persecuted

I wouldn't go that far. But FFG doesn't seem interested in actually making them a solid Clan. Swift Magistrate is okay. She's not great. Like so many Unicorn characters, she's way too situational for her own good. As for Child of the Plains, if it's even real, yeah? We get first action on a conflict as the attacker. What actions does Unicorn have that are going to be particularly useful for going first? Moving more of our cavalry in?

>good dynasty characters
I would love to know what characters you're looking at. Apart from Border Rider, Giver, and maybe Infantry, the rest of our characters are mediocre.

...the card about Unicorn not fitting in with other Clans only works for decks where Unicorn has to work with other Clans. This is like, anti-fluff.