Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Glory of the Tyranids Edition

>Tyranids Preview, Cruddance on suicide watch
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/30/tyranid-codex-preview-synapse-instinctive-behaviour-and-the-shadow-in-the-warp-oct-30gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan Playlist
[YouTube] WHTVTip of the Day - Vindicator Dozer Blade. (embed)

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Craftworld Eldar codex(thank you user)
>PDf
sendit.cloud/c7e7s4kue55i
>Epub
sendit.cloud/1wuv5xrub183

Other urls found in this thread:

thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/53806/tyranid-rumour-collections-updated-20pm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for best Primarch

Jormugandr best hive fleet.

xth for butthurt about synapse doing what it's done since forever

Posting again because I can't shake the idea.

Thoughts on a Chaos Lord riding a dragon? Do GW even do good dragon minis that I could use as a base? My LGS is pretty autistic about allowing only GW/FW so third part would be off the table.

Threadly reminder

Bring a cup to the battlefield is probably a stupid idea.

Fuck off skelly

Come on, man, it's our thing. Don't diss the cup.

Kinda angry that the Talon of Horus doesn't do anything to blood Angels this edition

Bump?

We already have a thread up

Why the fuck wasnt it posted in the last thread then? This is how we get thread wars you cuck

Is Nid elite-bugs viable this ed?
Cuz I tried in 3-4-5 and mostly I was taking models of the table. I dont want to have buckets of small shits nor 6 minis.

Don't shoot the messenger.

In the interest of actual discussion on the new rules, I'm not so ok with the 12" donut of immunity outside of the synapse range, as well as the fact that IB kinda doesn't matter anymore.

Nidzilla actually looks viable now.

Outside of synapse they have to take LD tests and most have horrible LD, but I do agree its nowhere near as punishing as it use to be

> I dont want have 6 minis
> Nidzilla is ok
Not a great reader huh? I was thinking middle of the road actualay, warriors, zoans, lictors, raveners, maybe some genethieves/big bug

Nidzilla gives you enough models to actually take up a large amount of board space now, and quite a few of them are Elite choices this edition. But hey, your lashing out at someone trying to help you was more important, right?

new to 40k table top but have followed the lore for a long time. I want to either make a death watch or grey knights army, which one would you guys recommend, and anything thing else i should know.

I don't think Chaos lords even have mounts that big to make the mounting worth it

How will black templars ever uncuck themselves?
Why does GW hate them so much?

>Merciless Logic is now a 6" bubble
is it worth taking now?

They really should get their vows back, I get that they are mediocre but theyre also the best they've been since 4th ed so Im happy with them currently but I still want vows to come back.

>Instinctive Behavior: Don't even bother remembering what it does because it will never come up unless you're already getting tabled

>tfw waiting for 5+ years to play 40k

I g-guess I’ll keep p-painting.

You mean just like before?

>Hurr Durr we should totally ignore rules despite being game wreaking and receive preferential treatment despite GW making great efforts to keep the game balanced
The absolute state of Tyranid players

>GW making great efforts to keep the game balanced
[Laughs in Primarch]

Archaon new mount is pretty bitching and even have chaos symbols, just replace the heads with a dragon head, you could also try using the ginger dwarfs giant lizard

>high priced LoW (that with the exception of Guilliman are properly priced) that you can bank will have a player pass on you for is equal to Eternal Warrior on all units in your army for free by rote

>Super duper mary Sues of the setting with crazy expensive miniatures are good on the table
Who would have guessed!!

Guilliman & Magnus are so good they're more or less mandatory for any army of Imperium/Chaos that wants any chance of a serious victory, WTF you smoking?

I can't wait for the necron codex to come out with some minor buff to reanimation protocols and everyone to lose their shit.

>being game wreaking
Proofs?
Do go ahead and show all the tournaments nids and their fearless bubbles have won

Predictions for the reworked Tyranid abilities/gear/chapter tactics?

Bonus Question: what's the best Hive Fleet?

What is the silliest case of rule-lawyering or rules-debates you've ever seen in a game? Pic related.

thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/53806/tyranid-rumour-collections-updated-20pm

>Imperium
That's a damned lie and you know it.
For TS/Tzeentch, yeah, you need Magnus, but that is because TS are pretty average at best.

>Archaeon
It's pretty nice but I feel like I'd need to do a lot of conversion work to make it stand out. Maybe.

>ginger dwarfs giant lizard
What army is this? I don't keep up with AoS so I don't know what anything's called these days. Fuck these trademarked names.

Guiliman is stupidly cost effective, however Celestine and Cawl are worse.

Magnus is good, but not as mandatory as Slannesh Obliterators. Magnus is also costed effectrivly for his statline/abilities.

behemoth: reroll failed charges

Kraken: can charge after falling back

Gorgon: reroll 1s to hit for fight phase

jormungandr: always have cover bonus

hydra: reroll misses against units with less models during fight phase

kronos: reroll 1s to hit for shooting, IF the unit doesnt move

Leviathan: You can re-roll a single failed hit roll and a single failed wound roll made for a leviathan unit with this tactic each time it shoots or fights.

>jormungandr: always have cover bonus

Are you insane? Guilliman is a no-brainer in any Imperium list, while Magnus is a key ingredient in any successful Chaos soup recipe

I know that, see my post where I outright state that most primarches are properly costed for what they bring to the table save Guilliman.
The amusing part is in a 1v1, Guilliman couldn't reliably win a punch up with the daemon primarches, and is more a support HQ with teeth, rather than a monster on the battlefield like the other primarches are.

Nothing about synapse has ever been game-wrecking or they would have stopped it being Morale immunity at some point in 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, or the index. You're just a dumb faggot.

Rogal x Perty OTP

>Guilliman couldn't reliably win a punch up with the daemon primarches,
Which is what I would expect considering hes half their cost, almost immune to shooting and makes any imperium army twice as effective.

Yes, people might actually play IW and IF if that becomes meta.

>Guilliman is a no-brainer in any Imperium list
Yes, in a high power tourny grade list, but you do not need Guilliman to throw down and win against most armies. Magnus is damn near necessary in a TS list because TS are mediocre at best.
That said, I don't use tourny grade lists as the bog standard the way some do.

As an Ork player I love this artwork

and soon to be Tyranid player, my brother finally gave me control of his models after not playing in 4+ years

>1s

>implying 8E, a complete revamp, is comparable to all those editions that are just continuations of 3E
>implying they didn't change ATSKNF

"IF NAZIS WERE SO EVIL THEY WOULD HAVE BANNED RACISM BEFORE WWII!"

Just shoot the big ones you dunce.

why the fuck do wiki readers exist? one mind syndicate for example reads the wikis verbatum. it's pathetic.

The salt faggots like you keep pumping out will nourish me for weeks to come.
Who thought people were so scared of nids getting gud?

>Bonus Question: what's the best Hive Fleet?
Lore: Hydra, because it's a hobbyists Your Dudes fleet that was ascended to canon and he's based.\
Crunch: Remains to be seen, not all of the hive fleet traits work exactly the way they were worded in the leaks. For example I'm hoping there's more to Gorgon otherwise it's redundant with nids most common melee weapon and probably worse than Hydra in most cases.

Someone should make a Perty version of this but instead of "world's best" its "better than Dorn's".

Does it get views?
That's why. Just imagine getting paid for farming (You)s. That's what they're doing.

3e was also a complete revamp, they preserved Synapse from 2e then too.

Replace nid with IG, Tau, Eldar, Daemons, or psykers to see why you're a dumb faggot. Those who do not learn from history are doomed to be stupid raging faggots who say dumbass shit.

>What army is this? I don't keep up with AoS so I don't know what anything's called these days. Fuck these trademarked names.
They call it magmadroth

FYre SlayERERszzTM

I want to know more about the fluff for Kronos. The rest of the Fleets are named after the monsters that devour the world. Kronos is the father of Zeus who devoured his own children. And with Kronos going along the Cicatrix Maledictum... Who said Malal Tyranids?

Remember when slayers killed dragons instead of riding them?

>be a chapter that foams at the mouth at the thought of a psyker
>most recent artwork is them standing around with some eldar being all buddy buddy
i dont think GW knows their own guys anymore

>The rest of the Fleets are named after the monsters that devour the world
Nah, just monsters in general. Only some of them are world-eating.

We are WAACs now ! Cry me a river.

>hydra: reroll misses against units with less models during fight phase
Sweet, found a Hive Fleet for my dudes

Nidroit [58 PL, 999pts] Patrol Detachment
HQ
Broodlord: Power: Catalyst
Broodlord: Power: The Horror

Troops
19x Genestealer: 19x Rending Claws
19x Genestealer: 19x Rending Claws

Heavy Support
Trygon Prime: Adrenal Glands, Bio-electric Pulse with Containment Spines, Biostatic Rattle, 3x Massive Scything Talons

Fulgrim put on some weight in this pic.

Why are you taking this away from me?

Moral works completely differently in 8th. It's supposed to be a check on hordes seeing as light infantry became more durable and ways to kill them became less reliable (rip flamers).

Notice how no one gave two shits about commissars until 8th? Synapse should have been nerfed from "immune to moral" to "use synapse creatures leadership with a re-roll".

Say it with me:
SHOOT
THE
BIG
ONES

But...
>IG are still very strong, despite conscript nerfs and Guard players saying the sky is falling
>Eldar are great with their new codex
>Chaos Soup is currently the strongest list you can make
>on top of that, neither Chaos nor Tau even have a codex yet

I mean, I'm still just confused why peeps are so fucking buttblasted by the new synapse rule.

They get jack shit views. Not enough to make any appreciable income.

The most popular dude has 120k subs and he's more known for ranting about shitty lore changes, and even those vids get no more than 300k views. And they take fucking ages to get that many.

>2017
>being salty about trademark names

Titans were pretty much comparable to all the other giant monsters. Cronos was a monster.

>Chaos doesn't have a codex

I might be used to CSM being called Chaos too much, but Chaos (the allegiance) has a codex. If you mean Daemons, say Daemons.

>Notice how no one gave two shits about commissars until 8th
That's because commissars didn't make you completely immune to morale in the past, that was a new thing and it was a mistake.

>Synapse should have been nerfed from "immune to moral" to "use synapse creatures leadership with a re-roll".
No, because Tyranids aren't Guard and Synapse Creatures aren't Commissars.

Tau are going to cause a lot of butthurt again when their codex drops.

>OGORS

How about you stop being an easily triggered little bitch?

lmao I too enjoy collecting my certified Games Workshop™ Citadel™ Miniatures range of Adeptus Astartes™ Primaris™ Space Marine Hellblasters™ and Intercessors™. Their Cawl™ pattern Bolt Rifles™ really give me the edge over my friend's Aeldari™ Asuryani™ army.

Commissars weren't as noticable in previous editions, since AP 5 ignored 5+ saves, AOEs existed, and casualty allocation was far less forgiving.

But sure, rolling 2d6 rerollable vs Leadership 9 Stubborn (or ignoring Morale altogether if you took a Priest instead) wasn't good enough. Rather than all the other changes from 7th to 8th.

Now that the Primarchs are being discussed again, it has gotten me thinking: would you prefer Magnus as it is currently is? Or as a force multiplier like Guilliman? Or something else?

would current magnus survive in a fight against pic related?

I already have local people losing their shit over QS. I seriously hope the only buffs Necrons get is interesting Gauss, Crypteks with stuff, and some discounts.

>WAAAAAAAA WHY DOES TYRANIDS DEFINING FLUFFY RULE THEYVE HAD FOR 30 YEARS NOT GET NERFED INTO OBLIVION WHEN MY GUARDFAGS STILL GET BUSTED ORDERS BUT COMMISSARS NO LONGER BREAK THE FLUFF AND GAME BY BEING AS GOOD AT PREVENTING MORALE AS AN UNIMAGINABLY VAST INCOMPREHENSIBLY POWERFUL PSYCHIC ALIEN HIVE MIND

Gk suffer morale, Servitors, Tau drones, Necrons, Custodes, Kataphrons, Daemons, etc. Tyranids don't because "fluff should always be 100% represented on tabletop". Pretty pathetic desu.

which faction is good for a cuck themed army?

I remember you faggots, the same fucking faglords gloating right fucking now, moaning and wailing like you were getting thirteen Muslim dicks up your vagina when the mediocre as shit marine codex came out.

"BUT DEY HAB STRATAGAMS"
"BUT CHAPTER TICTACS"

I think it's just rollover from everything so far. Everybody was sick of Ld doing nothing in 7th, so GW promised it to do stuff in 8th, but now Nids, orks, and Guard- but guard not so much anymore- are pretty much immune.

I think they're all buttblasted that chaff-spamming armies have the "balance" check of morale but then they all just circumvent it, so despite how OP the army is/is not it's just a little bit of sour grapes

Tyranids are not as good as guard because guard can spam the fuck out of rerolls for fucking everything they have, and they're able to spam CP that let them spam the fuck out of their spam.

Jesus Christ.

They will, although they won't be as OP as 7th.

Necrons

Literally GSC

Magnus should be 150pts more expensive and exactly what he is now.

Nid fags turning into the kind of people they hated for years. Bug surprise.