Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Grossly Incandescent Edition
What does your character use to see in the darkest dungeons? Torches? Ioun stones? Darkvision?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/fr9piFCi

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/9D2uYkf.gifv
youtube.com/watch?v=hOX15agZ3-0
youtu.be/r-tdVjU4pXg?t=25s
youtube.com/watch?v=DHEOF_rcND8
youtube.com/watch?v=yKizp0pDFtA
archivesofnethys.com/MonsterDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Cabal Devil (Uniila)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Darkvision is always nice, but if I can't make that work I go for my trusty ioun torch.

Our entire party coincidentally has darkvision. It's really handy, especially when we fight enemies without darkvision since we tend to toss out Darkness spells.

darkvision doesn't work in magical darkness numnuts

True Seeing. Fuck the peasants and paupers that pass as adventurers, "Darkvision" isn't expensive enough for our lavish life style.

The magic spell Darkness doesn't create magical darkness, silly. You're thinking of Deeper Darkness, which we don't toss around.

Cast light on the beatstick's sword.

Is there any way for a mageknight to use their mark on multiple things at once?

What are some interesting inhabitants for a lowish level dungeon in a mountainous area surrounded by forrests?

Which adventure paths and modules have you played? Which ones have you ran? Which ones were finished, and which ones weren't? Which ones sticks out the most in your mind, and why?

>You will never get the chance to use a squad of Drow Ninjas with Deepsight and Caphorite Bolts to ambush your PCs
>They will never know true hell

Dunno if FennecAnon reads during the week, but I bring a gift:

i.imgur.com/9D2uYkf.gifv

What a delight, I hope he sees that!

Is SoM in a playable state yet? I'm thinking about picking it up to replace PoW (and its associated problems) for a campaign I'll be starting up soon.

It's shit. Paizodrones shitposted the feedback hard enough to make it actually WORSE than Paizo content.

I draw my sword and cast light

Ssalarn was on staff, what do you think?

>Ssalarn
I don't know who that is.

He's one of the DSP devs that was so assfuckingly shit that he actually got himself fired due to constantly making shit content, being an unlikable asshat, arguing with others, and just generally pissing all over anything he touched.

Basically the worst 3PP author at the big studios. Got the boot from DSP for being shit and picked up work with DDS to keep shitting on our dreams of good content.

Why did DDS hire him?

Did they not do any research? Do they not have standards?

Shit, why doesn't /pfg/ make our own 3pp company?

>DHB
>2hu
>anyone who's ever homebrewed a monstergirl race
>Wist
Who else do we need?

>Shit, why doesn't /pfg/ make our own 3pp company?
Because everybody mentioned in a shit.

For starters, none of the people known by name or a nickname.

But that's a guy.

Fuck. I guess I'm stuck with PoW for the time being if I want fun martials in the game.

XS.

SSDK

Definitely Vult

Fuck off both of you, nobody actually likes your shitty homebrew.

New app circus when?

I've got so many characters I wanna make.

Stop posting in this thread and post in the real thread instead

Fuck off animefag, no one cares about your shitty thread.

No.

Report the other thread and remove the animefags.

This thread has more posts in it. Let the other thread die. Stop cluttering up the board with extra threads.

More importantly: please respond

How often do your characters think of home, /pfg/?

youtube.com/watch?v=hOX15agZ3-0

How often do you?

>constantly making shit content
I thought that was something you put on your resume for DSP

My home was filled with mentally abusive parents, drug addicts, drunks, and poor as fuck. I try to not think about the bad, and be thankful for what good came of it.

I've never had a campaign where the GM cared about backstory or where it went long enough to think of home much.

youtu.be/r-tdVjU4pXg?t=25s

Well it's officially one year since the RotJR waiting room opened, so I expect some kind of anniversary shitposting. Probably a three month app period for Curse of the Rune Lords where they play the beginnings of CotCT and then the PCs flee to the relative safety of Sandpoint only to find themselves embroiled in the plot of RotRL.

>More importantly: (Cross-thread)
>please respond
Does that merit a response? It seems like you've answered your own question user.

But RotRL happens shortly before CotCT chronologically.

I just want to be noticed, user.

We've all traveled a long time, haven't we? It's nice to stop every once and a while and think about where we've been.

0% chances that campaign ever finishes.

>But RotRL happens shortly before CotCT chronologically.
Yeah, but you can fuck with the timescales without much consequence. I really like the idea of the PCs going "Fuck that Illeosa bitch, she crazy. I hear there's a festival going on in some podunk town, let's relax. AHHH! RUNELORDS!"

Do you wanna fantasize about fugging Onryou, Shizuka, and Song Lilin for old times sake?

Pretty often. She regrets that she may never going to get to say goodbye in person.

youtube.com/watch?v=DHEOF_rcND8

Does anyone have any good GMing resources for a first-time GM? Stuff like pacing/world design/mapping and whatnot.

I can't promise when it'll run, but I can at least post up the link for people to apply to when I'm confident in it.

>Play through the beginnings of CotCT, but when you have to leave the city, you instead go to sandpoint, where you deal with a festival, and some goblins before heading to the east to minkai

At the same time?

No, that would be silly.

However you want man, it's your fantasy.

Naturally

In that case, yes.
In that case, yes.
In that case, yes.

Within 11 seconds, we got nearly the full spectrum of /pfg/.

I don't doubt you're all on the spectrum

*we
Don't think your out of this.

Constantly. All he wants is to once again be thirteen, and running through the woods, friends at his side, no cares or woes, with a warm bed and a comfy home to return to. Unfortunately all that went up in smoke the moment he left.

youtube.com/watch?v=yKizp0pDFtA

>You will never get daddy dickings

Every single male in pfg is incapable of playing anything other than snarky self insert. I fell for the daddy dickings meme and was sorely disappointed.

Looking to make a more offensive based Warder, what would be a good pair of disciplines? Scarlet Throne and eternal guardian?

>snarky self insert
I think that goes for most of their female characters too though.

>implying there are females on /pfg/

But user, I mostly play dumb good guys or mean ugly guys. Snark just isn't all that fun to play.

There's girls here though.

>Thread complains about lack of games
>Someone offers to GM a game, but wants advice
>Thread ignores it

Every day he's away from home he worries, but he has to see things through. He hopes he'll be able to go back when everything is settled.

The thread likes to bitch and complain, not play games.

Honestly, Scarlet Throne plus just about anything should do the trick.

>tfw can't combine Hag-Riven and Urban Bloodrager archetypes because they both replace DR

I just want to HAVE FUN

And they're all crazier than the men.

>Every single male in pfg is incapable of playing anything other than snarky self insert.
False, I can't have done that because I'm not witty enough to snark good.

So have you played with any women?
What people even claimed to be awesome roleplayers besides Slow?

>""""Girls""""

Maybe some players have been women? I find most pfg people playing females do the whole anime thing, not super appealing but it has a niche that sits well with very passive and snarky males.

I’ve played with numerous women, you just gotta know where to look.

But what's the best defensive one? Would silver crane be any decent or no?

Disk and Vult. So pretty much just the egomaniacs.

Girl DM here, I play with an all-girl group.
>4 cgirls
>3 tgirls
>1 guy aka "honorary girl"

>You will never be in a campaign with Slow, Disk and Vult.

Who would be interested in a game about exploring ruins and dungeons from a bygone era of war for magic artifacts and treasure and the trade and barter that would come with selling them? All the evil is sleeping, and the land is at peace. Only thing to do follow an old wizards map and find those rare ingredients, arcane trinkets, mysterious tomes, and mystic arms, to maybe piece together a bit more of history. And make some coin while doing so!

Sounds nice!

Sounds comfy, yet full of adventure. Go make it, dude.

>Slowcuck
>Awesome roleplay
Come on now, user.

I know I would love it, I used to enjoy MMO RP and that was all either comfy stuff or relationship drama.

I think you're mixing people up.

I'm really not. I've played with him in two campaigns and have a friend who knows him better than I do, and I can confirm he's an autist in the bad way.

He thinks of both places he called home pretty often. The memories just keep getting brighter the more time he has to contemplate the idea that he has nobody there to go back to.

Are you talking about Slowcogs, though, or Captain Slow?

Slowcuck. DHB.

I don't think DHB has ever claimed to be any great shakes as a roleplayer.

Great guy, okay/poor roleplayer.

The former makes up for the latter.

I'd really like to try to get that feeling that Miyazaki has, but those are big shoes to fill.

What should the lazy mortal-magician-tempting schemes of the laziest uniila (cabal devil) be like?

archivesofnethys.com/MonsterDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Cabal Devil (Uniila)

>Great guy
>Pedophile

I don’t think Pathfinder lends itself well to that sort of thing.

Where’s the proofs? We already proved his “furry” donation was actually a cute charity for homeless dogs.

What makes you say that?

I think as long as you can make the battles Miyazaki-like, you're fine.
Make them noblebright, triumphant, that sort of thing. Maybe against mindless constructs- ancient empire farming equipment?- which aren't scary at all and are just a fun challenge.