Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1843: Carry On My Wayward Son Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2X_2IdybTV0&
fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Demon
youtu.be/Fh2u8gXX24U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Isn't that the quote of the lizard girl Yoro always posts?

Hey, so, I just finished watching Re: Creators and would like to ask a couple of questions since I heard you had claimed it. How do you plan on dealing with the whole 'world's restorative power taking everyone's powers' or the great destruction thing?

Son do you not have culture

Glad you like them YJ_user!

Who /hamon/ here?

This is the theme of my second chain. The guy never met Jumpchan and has no idea what is happening. It is his quest for answers.

Are there any swords in the chain on a similar tier/level as a sword of the cross from Dresden Files? Or any way to wield those without the strict restrictions on personality and behavior?

>Not /Spin/
Pleb

So, does this mean angels are now the level of power they should be / are depicted in the show, or did you still fuck up on that front?

What'd you do to her, /jc/?

Sorry user, we are all vampires.

You're not wrong, but honestly everyone should know the song it's from.

youtube.com/watch?v=2X_2IdybTV0&

Nothing she never came and if she did I have better things to do
>Not killing Voldemort at year 1

In the show their level of power is all over the place.

Can't kill vampires and Pillar Men by spinning.

Yes you can, either destroy their brain with a well placed shot or trap them in an eternal spin

What should I put in my Jump for the 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon? So far for Races I have: Human
Mutant
Utrom
Triceritan
Anthropomorph
Y’lyntian

Each Race will have a couple Perks to itself.

Drop-In was going to be themed after patrons of the Battle Nexus, considering how varied they all are. Ninja origin, of course. Probably a general Scientist origin.

Planning on including stuff from Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers (although I never did finish the last one. I'll have to watch it again).

I want to take Mae&Bea on a beach vacation just so I can see what kind of swimsuits they'd wear.

Neat!

You aren't spinning fast enough then.

spin to win!

>Leviathan
...That's an oddly specific vulnerability, there.

Also makes me think of super sentai finishing moves.

>TMNT 2003 jump
Robot? Demon/Magical Creature?

Will we be able to choose whether we arrive in the future or the present?

>Who /hamon/ here?

Ah, hamon, that quaint little parlor trick that gave my father so much trouble before he ascended.

I use it on occasion, as I've found the expression on a hamon master's face when the power of the sun boils the flesh from their bones to be quite amusing.

Those are good ideas for Races.

Was going to include Drawbacks to put you in different timelines/continuities within the show. +0 to go to future, something more expensive for that one timeline when the Shredder takes over the Earth and the Turtles have split up.

I remember one dude taught Azula how to Hamon...

Cool.

Well, at least during my time there...
Mae prefered simple, conservative one-piece swimsuits because they require little thought or fashion sense and hide her roundness better. Once she got in shape due to the adventuring lessons she started flaunting it in rather skimpy bikinis.

Bea, once she started eating better, looked great in whatever she put on. But I'm a little biased. That first picture was what I was eventually able to convince her to wear, but she was flustered the whole time. She seemed to prefer two pieces though.

I highly suggest taking both of them on a roadtrip to Bright Harbor during the summer. The drive is lovely and the town really is quite charming. Modern with descending into hipster town.

Question in regards to the perk 'High Stakes'.

Does your 'One Weakness' bypass any inherent defenses, redundancies, or simple durability you might have from out-of-jump perks, or is it just cutting through the defense offered by the perk?

I'm not really sure about a couple of perks and the images, I put them because they looked cute, but I will take them away if people don't like it.

>man vs tech
>postmodern
JOHN HENRY DIED FOR THIS

>The moment when you realize that Kars isn't dead as long as even one of those feathers or fish managed to get to the ocean.

So how did your Jumper's deal with Kars, or whatever villian of Jojo you had to fight?

Pretty sure a Hamon Master would know that it can boil the skin off flesh, even if it's happening to him.

I /hamon/. I only bought Mastery and Solar Meditation, but it's a pretty nice way to restore energy reserves.
That, and I've probably done research to infuse hamon into stuff, so that'd make for really cool anti-undead stuff. Hamon always kindof struck me as really cool.

> not getting both
UNTIL YOU CAN THROW SUNLIGHT, YOU ARE NOT A TRUE GREEK LEGEND

Nothing.

Not that I was being merciful or even lazy or anything. It's just, I entered the Triwizard Tournament, and got to the finish line first (people said it was the most fantastical display of wizard parkour they'd ever seen), and got teleported, whereupon I arrived to meet baby!Mort, and promptly went completely Jumper on him. It was the most gross display of overkill that world had ever seen. That mansion in the background of that scene where he'd been hanging out is just gone now.

Anyway, that meant that Voldemort never made a comeback, which means Umbridge never got called to Hogwarts, which means we never met.
Other ripple effects: Neither Sirius, Snape, or Dumbledore died, Fudge is still Minister, and Neville never got to turn into a badass. Those weren't things I tried to make happen or anything, they just did because I crushed Voldemort like a bug right in his rise to power.
I still have some of his soul fragments in a test tube in my warehouse.

No Echidna orign/perk? Well I dont really remember what it could do, but many people where looking for it
>Throwing mini-suns with the spin

Did someone say /hamon/?!

My Heart Wont Waver seems too strong, unless the emotion you use is used up in the spell.

Ceremony of Bonds is much too good as it is. A permanent, massive boost for every close relationship you have with no limit about needing to be near each other. You need to reduce the boost or limit it so it only applies when you're together.

Ritualist is a lot weaker than the other capstones, it feels more like a 400 perk.

I considered a perk, since is basically hax levels of magic. But after re-reading I'm not exactly sure what it does apart from that.

Yeah, the emotion is literally extra fuel for the spell.

Will do.

You think so? Maybe I will buff is a little

High Stakes won't reduce your defensive ability provided by perks from other jumps in any way. The material only cuts through the defense offered by the perk, so out-of-jump perks can still make even that pretty ineffective at hurting you.

I havent really read it since a long time ago, but maybe you could add it as a general perk 300/500 cp?

Well, I don't mind. I'm just unsure of what would do. The only thing we get of Echidna's heart is that she will use it to reincarnate and that grants a fuckton of magic that also harms the user.

Hey gang, I need some suggestions for a Digimon Partner of Io. She's from Devil Survivor 2, and in the animation, she summons Ogre, Pixie, Kikuri-hime, and Lugh.

I'm building her up to be the Summoner all other summoners bend knee to. So an eventual Bio-merge to a summoning-type Digimon would be an awesome bonus, but I won't be too broken up about it if that's not doable.

Any ideas?

>Captain, preliminary scans show high concentrations of adorable.

..Is it just me or are a bunch of Val's jumps in the imaged folder?

So, jumpers, on Halloween's eve, I pose you a question: What is the scariest or creepiest experience you've had in your chain? It doesn't even have had to be inherently dangerous, just... Weird.

It's less the shock of seeing their skin boil off their flesh, and more the shock of seeing a self-professed Pillar (Wo)Man using hamon strong enough to melt and then vaporize their flesh.

I mean, Joseph certainly wasn't expecting it.

>So how did your Jumper's deal with Kars, or whatever villian of Jojo you had to fight?

Well, even though I have no actual blood ties to the Kars of canon JoJo....I tossed him into an alternate time-line using Ultimate D4C before he could become the Ultimate Lifeform.

A bit sentimental, but no one ever said I had to kill him.

Great to hear.
Thank you for the clarification.

Nightmare Warriors Items:

Boomstick (100 CP)- You really only need two things in life; a chainsaw, and a boomstick. While it doesn’t necessarily have to be a shotgun, you have some sort of commonly available firearm that gets a lot of bang for its buckshot. It doesn’t ever seem to need reloading, for one, and is powerful enough to put a hole in someone as tough as Jason Voorhees. Groovy.

Chain Lightning (200 CP)- S-Mart’s top of the line chainsaw; this baby can cut through a steel beam or undead flesh like a hot knife through butter. Despite being over half the size of an adult male’s body, it’s also surprisingly light, enough that you can comfortably wield it in one hand.

Tank (300 CP)- Yeah, that’s right, you’ve got your own tank. You can drive it and use its weapons pretty easily, even if it’s just you. It also has a strange property; it’s somehow able to get to places you wouldn’t expect it to be able to get to. You could drive it right up to the White House and crash through to the second floor, somehow, if nobody was there to stop you despite how impossible that should be.

I "forgot" to take water-breathing perks before going to Spongebob. A single glass bubble was all that stood between me and drowning. The nagging thought was always there. "If this thing comes off, I don't even have a Forcewall. My benefactor's hatred of that thing might have sealed my fate."

At least Sandy appreciated the company.

Oh, I'm glad you liked the images.

Scientist Items:

Translation Machine (100 CP)- A special machine, designed by the U.S. Government for the purposes of translating the Necronomicon. It is capable of translating any written language into English.

Snake Bite (200 CP)- This is a weapon designed to tranquilize freaks like Jason Voorhees, who can’t be taken out with plain old firepower. It looks like a hand held missile launcher, and has room for six rounds of extremely high-power tranquilizers- enough to knock someone like Jason out cold. It fires with enough force to send him through a wall, too, and the ammunition will replenish as you use it ensuring that you always have enough for reloads.

Deadite Containment Facility (300 CP)- Built in secret underneath Washington DC is a massive prison complex, meant for containing the undead creatures known as Deadites. Top of the line security and containment measures ensures that even the undead Deadites can’t get out. You have a similar containment facility, and while it doesn’t have any inmates yet I’m sure you’ll figure something out. It follows you, and is staffed by equivalents to whatever military forces exist in the worlds you visit.

Does the NG+7 Drawback in Demons Souls actually increase the strength of the demons or just move you further along the timeline?

Um. Would you mind posting a changelog? If not, no big deal. I'm reading it now.

Well, I like the pictures too, but I was referring to the feeling I was getting of the source material.
Really, just look at the New Face perk tree.

I remember this manga! It was adorable and the magic was neat. Thanks for making this treat for us, Ricrod.

What are you going to work on next Ric?

Alright now. Take this as my contribution for Halloween.

Changelog:

Buffed Ritualist
Balanced Ceremony of Bonds a little
Clarified My Heart won't Waver
Finished the perks in Research Assistant background

Oda Nobuna is finished too, I just lost the file (cries).
I don't know, I'm open to suggestions.

I think he was working on that one anime where Oda was a girl (The harem one not the yuri one). I remember that in the WIP he showed us the perks looked pretty good.

What definition of Demon does Fairy Tail use for Take Over: Satan Soul to work?

>I just lost the file (cries).

Was it deleted? Where did you store it at?

>I don't know, I'm open to suggestions.
Sengoku Otome.
Basically, a young girl winds up in another world’s all female feudal Japan.

>I just lost the file (cries).
That was the one I was looking forward to myself (cries elegantly).

Kohime Musou is a nice setting, I like the kingdom building aspect plus it is set in The Romance of The Three Kingdoms.

It's probably around there with my music files, I suppose I can search for it and finish the items section. That was what I needed to complete.

Carry on? Nah, Everything is Dust in the Wind.

Nagasarete Airantou, witch hunter Hitoribocchi no Chikyuu Shinryaku, Hinamatsuri,Yumekui Merry. Yozakura Quartet, Conan/Case Closed. Shit I should finish my stuff and do some of those

Not everything son. If you where to look down there in the valley, you could see Where the Red Fern Grows.

Don't you have any Sympathy for the Devil?

About Carry On Wayward Son(s)... when it says you can give Companions the bonuses of the group imports if they have the matching origin, does that specifically mean the origin given by the group import, or the one it's discounted to?

Can I import companions as demons and hunters or whatever and then make them part of my Special Family, is what I'm getting at.

Since when did stupid_dog do wordy non-imaged jumps?

Thank you.
Does anybody have proof this is actually Stupid_dog? Especially given the recent bullshit with Me-dork-a Box?

Serial Killer Perks:

Instrument of Murder (100 CP)- A wickedly dangerous melee weapon, be it a machete, chainsaw, clawed gloves or even just a kitchen knife. It’s surprisingly tough; no matter how strong you get, it will always be durable enough for you to swing it around without worrying about breaking it. It also doesn’t need any maintenace, so don’t worry about clogging it up with the blood of your victims or anything like that. Free Import.

Closet of Clawed Hands (200 CP)- You ever hear about the blades and the bees? You have a closet stocked with right hands with sharp blades growing through the fingernails. They seem to follow your directions when you order them around. They’re very protective of you, but when they’re at rest they like to play card games, tic-tac-toe, and other simple games that can be played easily with one hand.

Hunting Grounds (300 CP)- Sure, seeing the sights and taking trips around the US is all fun and good, but there’s always that one spot that you can’t keep your mind off of. Maybe it’s a forest, a neighborhood, or even a summer camp, but in any case it’s near and dear to your heart. You’ve got one of those places, and luckily enough it’s got you, too, and will follow you around on your journey. No matter what you choose, it seems that it’ll always have a fresh supply of victims for you, no matter how many rampages or killing sprees you go on.

Any ideas for general perks/items to help round things out?

It's Dog, he's one of my close friends and I've been talking to him about it on Skype for the last week or two. (Well, listened mostly, I can't say I was terribly helpful.)

Alright. Thank you.

A dog and a bee. What a strange friendship, as I can only imagine a dog biting at a bee.

>Kohime Musou

Sorry, but I stopped playing midway. So you will need another jumpmaker for this one.

>Nagasarete Airantou
>Yumekui Merry

I remember the animes of these ones. Is the source material too different?

>I can only imagine a dog biting at a bee.
Or... Eating it, if you know what I mean.

No problem.

My Dog ate a bee once, it wasn't pretty let me tell you what. Dog was like my first friend here, really glad to have met him. I doubt I would have stuck around if he hadn't been around since early /jc/ was really stressful and early Bee was extremely stress prone.

Nagasarete Airantou is still going and there is no men only island, the men have started to appear in the story, though some things are still not explained.
Yumekui Merry is almost at the end, and I think the main villian in the anime was just a pawn to the real villian in the manga. Yumekui just got its 100 chapter and I dont give it more than 10 chapter till its finished

>Detective Conan
Its too long for someone bothering to read and make a jump of, just like Gintama

Thanks user.
Airantou is no then. Unless is a anime-only jump.
I will wait for Yumekui Merry to finish and then read the whole thing.
Well.. I suppose I won't be working on anything right now.

Detective Conan is a very weird place to want a Jump for. It's basically nonstop mysteries and locked room murders everywhere you go, with a secret organization that does. . .stuff? Gintama is just one of those places that needs someone good with fluff to make. I'd totally Jump on it, but I don't think fluff is really one of my strong suits.

Fuck it. I hit the wiki, Mashima did no exposition on what the fuck demon particles or a Demon Factor is: fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Demon

I'm running with "“Humanoids of obviously inhuman / monstrous appearance, and magical origin and biology."

>It's basically nonstop mysteries and locked room murders everywhere you go, with a secret organization that does. . .stuff?
In later chapters many characters have begun to think Conan is cursed due to how death follows him everywhere. Also everyone should watch Taste closed at least once youtu.be/Fh2u8gXX24U

Except that definition includes a bunch of things that are not demons in Fairy Tail. Exceed and Celestial Spirits both fit that.

Why not just use Demon as in demons?

It's kinda hilarious how like, everyone in Japan is secretly a conniving murder genius that plans things out far in advance using random ass shit on hand for their plots and there's always at least three motherfuckers who are real suspicious.

Fuck, you're right.

Because there's like a dozen different definitions of Demons. Have you fucking seen SMT, they've got Norse Gods as demons.

Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro?

It reminds me of Kamen Rider. If you just assume every Rider happens in the same universe, it means Japan is a hell in which differently-themed kaijin routinely go on a killing spree before being kicked to death by local vigilantes.

...what if every work of fiction set in Japan was all happening at the exact same time as each other, in the same world?

I am still surprised the author is still finding new ways to murder someone after all this time, I remember someone killing their loved one because they misheard "I love you" with "Kill yourself" or something like that.

00.0001% chance that fanfic hasn't been written.

Only question is how terrible it was.

You reminded me in the Kamen Rider Drive movie where the riders are getting beat up by a shocker giant robot, when out of nowhere the Super Sentai come up to help. The worst part is that this is the second time they pull this off

Godzilla, Ashikabi of a dozen Sekirei, teams up with the Riders to fight in the Grail War...
Meanwhile, Metallia and the Dark Kingdom are fighting with the Sailor Scouts with the help of a few Contractors and Dolls they've come across.

Tokyo alone is constantly being destroyed, but those martial artists in Nerima and the gangs in Ikebukuro are facing staunch opposition from a strange new school on an artificial that's sprung up in Tokyo Bay.

Bruh I stepped on a bee when I was five. That piss yellow carpet and that bee's determination to fuck someone up after getting grounded? I never stood a chance. Hurt like a bitch. Why do bees even exist? Are they simply here for us ningens to suffer?

Just as Aizen planned.

You're thinking of wasps, bees are our friends and make agriculture of flowering plants possible.

I still marvel over the whole "guy gets turned into a kid because criminals forcefed him a pill so he couldn't talk" thing. Like, wow. That's some kinda weirdness.

If someone made a Case Closed jump I would go there only to learn what the fuck was up with that formula.

I'm absolutely certain coming up with new ways to murder people is just his idea of fun. You can clearly tell he's constantly reading or looking for inspiration from the world around him, one of the cases involved the murderer using a trick involving four tablets, an elevator and spray paint. He's not just relying on old knowledge, he's finding new shit to make up murder plots with.

I'm more surprised that there's still some semblance of a plot and how much of a dumbass Shinichi is outside of solving crimes. This is like the slowest fucking series I've ever seen that has a plot. It's taken over a thousand chapters to kinda, maybe, sorta, perhaps get a hint about the secret organization's second in command.