WarmaHordes General

Hey Veeky Forums, question:

I've been thinking about getting into WarmaHordes. I'm curious, which army can field the most 'jacks/beasts easily? The more, the better.

Also, WarmaHordes General, I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.privateerpress.com/company-of-iron-rules-and-card-deck
privateerpress.com/organized-play/game-rules-errata
imgur.com/a/UvaDk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

wow .. i haven't seen a WMG all day. did the game drop off after 40k 8th hit? i was looking for scans of the Company of iron cards.

as op:

depends. all can run them well. what are you looking for?

also each faction has good jack casters. some better than others. (ammon with protectorate, for example.)

i'd say .. protectorate, khador, convergence and cygnar. but convergance has a baller battle engine you're going to want 2 of

I think PP has been a little more quiet lately since 40k 8th dropped. But they're still making theme lists and models. Cygnar Trenchers just got a bunch of new stuff.

Also, Humble Bundle has a deal going on, where you can pay $1, and get 50% off a starter box. I figured now is a good time to jump in.

As far as lists go, I was thinking either Protectorate, or Trollbloods. However, I was always under the notion that Trollbloods are a infantry-strong army, while fielding maybe 1 or 2 beasts at a time.

well if you're talking beasts don't forget skorne now .. with their ability to have a teme list using and abusing the shit out of minion beasts in their lists i think they have great potential.

>I was always under the notion that Trollbloods are a infantry-strong army, while fielding maybe 1 or 2 beasts at a time.
100% the opposite in Mk. III. Some of our best lists involve running Power of Dhunia with 4+ beasts.

Once the Northkin hit shelves, that will change a bit, but we're a beast heavy faction right now.

It's more dependant on the warcaster than the army. Most armies have a warcaster that runs a battle group well, with exception being menoth. Personally I would say go with what looks cool, almost every army can do almost anything.

However my personal favourite jacklist is vyros 2 retribution imperatus/helios/Griffin spam

If you want to play all the jacks, you should look at Khador (Harkevich, Karchev, Vlad1, Strakov1), Cryx (Asphyxius3) or Protectorate (Amon, Durst). If you're give with paying fewer elite jacks review Cygnar is also worth a look.

For beast spam you should look at Grymkin or maybe Skorne.

Also thank you for not just making another stupid general, OP.

Skorne Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Masters of War

>(Mordikaar 1) Void Seer Mordikaar [+29]
- Archidon [10]
- Archidon [10]
- Basilisk Krea [7]
- Despoiler [19]
Feralgeist [2]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Legends of Halaak [8]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]
Praetorian Ferox (max) [20]
Praetorian Swordsmen (max) [13]
- Praetorian Swordsman Officer & Standard [0(4)]
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew [2]
Tyrant Commander & Standard Bearer [0(6)]

Skorne Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Disciples of Agony

>(Morghoul 1) Master Tormentor Morghoul [+30]
- Archidon [10]
- Basilisk Krea [7]
- Battle Boar [7]
- Cyclops Savage [7]
- Cyclops Savage [7]
- Cyclops Savage [7]
- Titan Gladiator [15]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [0(4)]
Paingiver Task Master [0(3)]
Farrow Brigands (max) [15]
- Farrow Brigand Warlord [4]
Farrow Brigands (max) [15]
- Farrow Brigand Warlord [4]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]

Reminder that this is the Skorne Ubermensch pairing.

>Not running a horde of SPD9 archidons with xerxis2 to crit pitch on the feat

Is No Quarter Prime #1 anywhere to be found? Company of Iron is spreading throughout my area and I'm mildly interested about CoI content now.

>the exception being Menoth
>who is Amon

For loads of jacks probably Khador. For beasts Everblight.

Here's a less bootleg version of the general, for anyone interested:

Privateer Press mutilated the game in Mark III and have been playing catch-up ever since.

The game exists in an almost zombified state. Its really kind of sad and pathetic.

Ostensibly, they couldn't decide if they wanted Mk3 to be Mk2.5 or a new edition, so they made broad, sweeping changes to the core rules, but only small changes to the units themselves.

What followed was a shitshow of imbalance. Faction decks were invalidated, many past purchases for players were invalidated (Sustained Attack, etc.), and the game became a shooting gallery.

This might seem like an odd metaphor, but if Mk3 was a car, Privateer Press would be obligated by Lemon Laws to repurchase all your models from you.

Its not that they're not trying, its that they can't fix the problems Mk3 created. They keep trying to treat this, and errata that, and so forth, but its just not working.

Also premeasuring works in plenty of games. It really, really doesn't work in this game.

>Cryx (Asphyxius3)
What happened to Mortenebra?

You can't get it from the official service, but a few major online retailers stocked up becuase it contains the Eilish Garrity solo.

Also you can check ebay for a sealed NQ prime 1.

I'm having fun with it.

Menoth is just fine at running 'jacks.

Amon, durst, and reznik2 all have incentives to run warjack squads.

Also you have the choir and vassals to power them up.

There's a reason Guild Ball has been doing so well.

Wind the clocks back 24 months ago, and PP was hot on the heels of GW. An abortive AoS launch let them capitalize on outgoing fantasy players. Also 40k was in the shitter.

And rather than capitalize by releasing a streamlined Mk2.5, they made this Mk2.75 abortion.

Its just sad. I loved Mk2. I played it every week. I've painted thousands of dollars worth of Warmahorde commissions. Mk3 is garbage.

What is so bad about MK3? I have never played any version of the game before.

Are Men O Wars any good?

They're okay right now, will become a lot better through CID and new releases early next year.

anyone know if there is or have a link to scans of the COI cards?

Mortenebra2 is fine. Mortenebra1 is pretty much garbage because she traded Terminal Velocity for Sacrificial Lamb in the edition change. Granted, Sacrificial Lamb is way better in mk3 than it was in mk2 but that doesn't change the fact that Morty1 is a jack caster with NO offensive buffs. Considering how Cryxian jacks tend to be on the pillowfisted side of things, this is a major problem for her. In the previous edition, she excelled at the assassination game because she could easily deliver super-accurate bonejacks across incredible distances; without that same level of accuracy, she struggles to generate any threat. She can position her battlegroup well and supply it with plenty of focus, but she can't actually make her jacks all that effective against infantry, warnouns, or other battlegroups.

I haven't played her in Dark Industries yet, but I don't think it's going to address the root of her problems.

>What is so bad about MK3?

The core rules are the best they've ever been, but some of the old tournament grognards are unhappy about quality of life changes like Power Attacks being limited and pre-measuring being introduced. The biggest bone of contention is Theme Lists, which split each faction down into small mini-factions; Cryx, for example, have a Bane theme, a Satyxis theme, a Thrall theme, etc etc. You only have access to specific models, but in exchange for that limitation, get a few free solos/UA's and some army-wide buffs. You don't have to play in-theme, but a lot of people feel not doing so puts you at a significant disadvantage. That's not something I've noticed, but I'm just a casual player who steers well clear of the competitive scene.

It's also worth pointing out that there are a few bitter ex-players who openly admit to haunting Warmahordes threads on Veeky Forums and trying to shit them up as much as possible. Take any "ded gaem, shit gaem, sell your stuff now" comments with a very large pinch of salt.

I think this sums up feelings pretty well. MK2 had a bunch of janky things you could do with movement and abilities. I personally never found it that fun being killed from across the board because I didn't account for crazy jank. MK3 scrapped a lot of that stuff.

For example a few months into MK3 they changed power attacks so you can't target your own models. What does this mean? It means my local troll player couldn't throw his own models up the board to get crazy threat ranges and knock my shit over by using them like bowling balls. He hasn't stopped complaining about it since.

It's really been a sad ride hasn't it?

If you would have told me 3-4 years ago PP threads would page 10 every other day and /tg would sit without warmahordes threads for 3-4 days I'd say yeah right.

Plus if you check the buy/sell groups, holy shit are people dumping Warmahordes shit. I see armies going for 50% off and not moving.

Mk 3 and CID has been a disaster. Right now, it's the old guys that have so much time and money invested it's literally stockholm syndrome.

I've been also thinking of getting into this game and just love Rhulic models from Mercenary army. Is it possible to wield only Rhulic modeld in the army?

>He hasn't stopped complaining about it since.
Well, to be fair, Trolls haven't been honestly good as an overall faction at any point. Throwing our stuff was one of the things that made our faction unique. Now it's gone and we are even more mediocre/bad than before (especially considering how Runes of War is no longer a thing).

The Northkin CID gave me a lot of hope, though. A lot of good changes were made to existing stuff and the new models are all at least good.

I fully agree trolls need the love so maybe that was a poor example. It was certainly just the most visible explanation that came to mind. Northkin CID and that new beast coming out in December look pretty sick though.

Well, no one says "sell your shit now" because shit doesn't sell for this daed gaem.

How do I Retribution?

But why they did that to her? Was she OP

Yea, you can go all Rhulic. There's even a theme force for it. You'll have to buy your models piece by piece, as there's no starter box for them.

Good for you, times towards end of MK2 were hella good here, tournaments always at weekends and lot of matches going on during weekdays. However, competitive WMH simply dwindled away with MK3, nobody is organizing nor attending tourneys anymore here, game is literally dead, at least on competitive level.

>Was she OP
Not really, no. She was a one trick pony, albeit a pretty decent trick. There were plenty of viable counters to her, the most straightforward of which being that she had no game against nonliving opponents. I'm guessing the problem is that PP overvalued the impact of Sacrificial Lamb in mk3. It's useful, but it can't be the bedrock of your strategy in the way that Terminal Velocity used to be.

Okay thats good to know. Already got few characters and three tactical arcanists dudes bought second hand.

Also be careful to heed advice from someone who makes blanket generalizations, lot of players really did get turned of by MK3, always first check out how things are out where you live.

I can tell you right now that Veeky Forums isn't the place to talk about Warmahordes unless you want a crappy thread of shitposting. Talk to your locals and engage with them to find out what's going on locally

They're solid, but slow. They'll be getting a bunch of new releases next year but on their own they'll struggle with scenario. Consider taking them with a caster that can speed them up or with other, faster, units

A caveat wrt going full Rhulic that only one of the three available warcasters (Ossrum) can do it while retaining full effectiveness - the other two really want some non-dorf options in order to shine.

If the game can't sustain a General thread and no one cares enough to start a new one, maybe you should question getting into it.

It was up with X-Wing and Warhammer before Mk3 and interest in it has just dropped off.

Veeky Forums does not equal the real world gaming community in any way shape or form. If anything, Veeky Forums should be questioned or ignored at every possible opportunity

I'm going to be really buttblasted if I finish selling my 40k and buying warmahordes and suddenly everyone is playing 8e instead of this.

Better get an icepack

They're SPD9 MAT8 PS21 under Morghoul1 what the FUCK do you want man?

Xerxis 2

>Wanting to play a meme caster
Themes are bad enough, let alone playing 8 Archidons out of theme, my man.

This post sums up everything I hate about mk3... And I was never a series tournament player, and that's saying a lot!

This was basically everything that made Warmahordes feel unique and cool. The thing that drew me in from the start was that if I wasn't 120% focusing on the game, I was bound to loose! The moment my thoughts went wandering, my opponent did a smart trick by hurling a unit of his own down the back of a friendly fighter, and "magically" made that model fight my warcaster to death. This is something that literally blew my mind the first time I saw it. I had never seen during my 20+ years of regular WHFB+40k, it just couldn't be done.

Now all this is removed for a more "fair" gameplay and make it easier for the kids to learn. All this combined with a more newbie friendly environment just had me puke all over mk3. I was not going to run from the intro text "play it like you got a pair", I didn't shy away when they explained that this wasn't a game for wussies and that each and every action had consequences.

Man I really fucking hate that they ever launched mk3, every player in my neighborhood has since then just quit, me included... Not only to this, but the level of arrogance during the launch of mk3 was laughable. They honestly think a few friendly matches in the basement of privateer press between the coworkers will make the balanced game they have bragged about for a good year?!? Makes me pissed even thinking about it...

The neck beard is strong with this grognard

Im a grognard for saying I liked the things that actually made Warmahordes stand out?
Im a neckbeard for stating the obvious fuck up attitude that PP had on release?

They dropped the ball so hard it shook the very foundation of the company. They had to, forcibly, take down their own forum grounds because they couldn't handle all the negative feedback.

And yet, I'm the grognard? Hell son, Im just stating the obvious from a personal standpoint. And I do am sad, sad that PP fucked up so hard that I now have nobody to play against, because at the least I could have enjoyed mk2 a bit longer, if it wasn't for the fact that nobody plays the game around where I live any more.

Where do you think we are?

With an attitude like that no wonder everyone in your area quit. I would to if I had to deal with whatever is going on with you

Premeasuring can work in warmachine, it's just that although all games can have cunt players, warmachine has fucking professional cunts playing.
The worst thing about warmachine is the player base.

>The core rules are the best they've ever been
u fukken wot m80?
-laser guided throws
-can't charge /flank/gang knocked down models (working as intended said the infernals, so that's the last time infernals have any credibility)
-can't power attack your own guys, but can use other abilities that have the effects of power attacks
-can attack your own models...but can't charge them
-Leadership stat is redundant and all over the place.
-strength stat is only used for a few models, it could have been streamlined out.
-disabled boxed destroyed could have been streamlined but wasn't
-power attacks could have been strealined, but hasn't
-leader, officers, grunts, trooper could have been streamlined but wasn't.

Mk3 was a nice idea, but they fell way short of the mark. I wonder who actually penned those rules, because that nigger needs to find a new job.
Hungerford and pagani seem to be trying hard to pick up the broken pieces. I hope it does pick up again...

That actually sounds like a good thing.
When players bring the latest netdeck to find out who can guess ranges best whilst being a self important cunt, then, yeah it's probably best that the waac faggots fucked off elsewhere.

no one plays 40k 8th edition, it's shite.

>3 years of playtesting
>design space

There's legitimate reasons for half of those and the other half got fixed.

And the Infernals aren't meant to change the rules, only rule on how they interact as written. So them doing the gang shit was entirely correct.

The problem there was a PR one, not a rules one. It was a giant mistake they made, and what they should have said is "Yea, this rule is borked, but we're not going to change it by Infernal ruling because then the only reference is in the rules forum. Instead, as soon as an errata drops, it will be changed."

Which is what happened, by the way. They were just stupid idiots and said "working as intended" with no other discussion.

PP's problem was a PR one.

ignore the other guy, he's trolling you and you're jumping at the bait like it's an 13 year old's pussy.

You have a valid opinion. Yes PP did kick warmachine right in the balls.

>PP's problem was a PR one.
Pretty much sums up most of the problems they've had with the community over the last few years. Some of it is valid, some of it is the community demanding/expecting perfection at every turn

>Also premeasuring works in plenty of games. It really, really doesn't work in this game.
Premeasuring works in this game, when you aren't playing against faggots who cry when they can't literally premeasure their entire turn from the get-go.

Do people complain about premeasuring in 8th edition 40k or Guild Ball?

Legitimate reasons? Yes, the main one being that the person who wrote those rules doesn't understand how game mechanics function.
None of those things are necessary the way they are in warmachine currently. Not wanting to change them is lazy, not knowing how to do it is ignorance.
Believing that warmachine is some kind of perfect system is rather shortsighted because it was developed from rogue trader era 40k, Yes even the power attacks.

But yeah, infernals are impotent now. Whatever they say means as much as any other forumite. It's no surprise that people have abandoned the forums, in addition to the fact that they removed the faction forums.

I had to giggle when PP asked nicely "plz don't tag pp guys with rules questions on fb, plz use forum it is empty and a lonely dried out husk"

>infernals are impotent now. Whatever they say means as much as any other forumite.
This is incredibly false. If you're going to shitpost at least put some effort into it

hahahahahahaha oh wow, you still want to beliebe don't you? You're actually serious?!
Oh fuck I'm going to laugh even louder.

What a fuckwit !!

It's a big one lads!

Is that the best you can manage? Your obvious fanboyism shows so much it's fucking painful to behold.
When anyone posts their own opinions, or worse states facts about how well warmachine is doing, whole metas dropping the game, you go into damage control ultra defensive mode.
Oh no, everything's fine guise !

Just keep calling everyone else a troll, that's real fucking classy and will certainly make all the difference.
Oh wait, no it won't.

Getting this triggered over a simple correction on how infernals work is pretty pathetic. You may want to seek professional mental help

>but I'm just a casual player who steers well clear of the competitive scene.
opinion discarded

Everything wrong with the Warmahordes community in one post

Everyone always hates on wmh players but literally every single one in every tournament or casual game I've ever played has been a super nice person except one. The bubble Veeky Forums lives in is really small.

The game is also only ded on Veeky Forums, the actual playerbase left because of the skorne and troll shitters.

Most of those interactions stop abuses.

No longer can B3 just run a dude to the perfect spot, charge him, and assassinate you even though you made sure he couldn't.

No longer do super fragile casters with super powerful feats get to hang out in the back line until they just charge their own perfectly placed dude and get the full effect of the feat with no risk.

No longer can your caster be knocked down even though you made sure there wasn't anything of your own to slam or throw at you.

I'm sure you thought these things were fine, but you also are very likely bad at the game and don't understand the problems they reflected.

That's a spicy meme ya got there

I'm an active player in an active community/state. I stop by once in a while to fuck with shitposters and the few remaining people that play the game and still post here for some reason

> Infernals aren't meant to change the rules, only rule on how they interact as written
Where does this bullshit originate from? The infernals are there to rule on known issues and communicate with the developers when they don't know the answer. A child of 4 could tell that KD/Gang wasn't working as intended, and the infernals are smart enough to see that. There is *NO WAY* they didn't go straight to the devs and ask whether there'd been a mistake.

I miss what this game used to be in Mk2 and thought Mk3 was okay at first until weird shit started happening. Primarily the weird infernal rulings that took over a month to errata and the CID program.

I couldn't find a game after a while. My meta dried up. I was the last person in my area who had time on the regular to game and still wanted to see those WM/H models on the table. No one in 50 miles even carries it anymore.

I kinda want to try CoI but even though it looks cool, PP fucked up that release too. I can't just buy the command deck and play with the models I already own, even though they released the rules online for free.

I used to enjoy this game enough that I became a press ganger and used to organize tournaments and leagues. Only models I look at for the games these days are the huge based ones I don't have room in the cupboard for.

Yes you can just buy the cards and rule books. Look on their online store.

Stay far away until they get their shit together and get rid of the Hungerford cancer and also stop reverting the game back to shitty Infantrymachine like they already have.

Those are just players that can't adapt leaving the game. the game is in the best state its ever been in.

it'd be better if every player that cant learn to play against competitive list pairings just went and began playing a baby game like 40k

Dude, it was over a year ago and it was fixed almost immediately. Let it go

I don't care about the original issue, that's fixed. I do care about people making up shit about infernals being some kind of mindless rule-interpreter though. And it gets repeated constantly, which makes it look like the truth when no-one contests it.

>I can't just buy the command deck and play with the models I already own
Low tier bait, take a minute and do some research. All of this was posted in an Insider on Wednesday

Command deck can be purchased here
store.privateerpress.com/company-of-iron-rules-and-card-deck

You don't need one if someone else already has one though. It's a shared deck

The rules and model cards are all available here
privateerpress.com/organized-play/game-rules-errata

The fuck are you on about?

Holy shit, learn to read.

Just wow. I realize you're just funnin' but I know that some people really believe this. They are also bad net deckers to a man. Your "competitive" cancer is part of the problem. If there is a seriously different set of "competitive" vs. "non-competitive" lists, your game is bad. One of those two artificial degenerate areas needs nerfed hard or else the rest needs brought up to snuff. Rather than you all just spamming the same super-obvious and obligatory mandatory lists. Wouldn't you rather get to use the other 90% of the game?

People with a clue whatsoever knew shit was going downhill as soon as they tried to excuse the lack of a public beta with smarmy deliberate lies to cover their asses like "we've been playtesting it for years by watching cookie cutter, bad players piloting lists and that's real playtesting!" Design space isn't even remotely the problem, lads.

See something happen. Decide to change said thing. Refuse to allow the public to check said change. Shitshow results. PP is shocked and throws an after-the-fact bandage on the festering wound. Lets Hungerford continue to touch it. Dumps DC. Predicable, maybe inevitable results.

I NEVER IMAGINED I'd have to face a day when Matt Wilson really just doesn't give a fuck, the game is on the ropes, and everything since then has been either a sloppy bandage or else a massive fuckup. I have played this game and traveled out of the country to do so, I playtested in mk1 (in the original private cells) from Escalation to the beginning of mkII. I am a comission painter and was one of the first few dozen PGers and was tapped by Rob Stoddard and later Bigger to do so.

It is immeasurably sad that it has slid this far down into this pit. MkIII had a lot of potential and fixed some huuuge problems in a ballsy way. But then let the factions themselves go to shit and continue to get worse. Soles having to apologize and recreate the Skorne was very telling. PP as a rule do NOT apologize unless forced.

i'm wondering how long till scans of the command deck show up

You can't form a coherent post. Learn to write?

They did on day one

Bam
imgur.com/a/UvaDk

thanks for salsa

Infernals have always ruled based on the rules as written. They even note when a rule works a specific way but will be changed in a later errata.

If the rules make something work a specific way, that's how the Infernals note it. Gang/Flank is the classic example of this.

Look user, it's either to just shitpost and be bitter than listen to your logic. You're wasting your time

Except that they've been changing the game and fixing all the issues you're complaining about.

What's your major problem with Mk3 as it stands now? What's been a major fuck up in the game since then?

They've made mistakes, yes. Some pretty big ones. But they've been working towards fixing those mistakes.

See

All the cards for this and the main game are on their site for free, famalamalama. They did it around the time it became clear that having physical decks was a mistake because they were immediately invalidated. Digital is obviously the status quo anyway and giving them away for free to print is a wise move.Thus, they do.

I hate to tell you this but Infernals are, and have always been, errand boys. You must be a future-hopeful and very new not to know this. Please don't take that as a huge insult. The way this works is a question comes up, Infernal checks out books and points at obvious answer (where applicable, as in a page number where someone didn't read it of couldn't find it). If there is an actual interpretation or ruling or issue, they are required to go to a "rules guy", normally Jason Soles, and ask them. Sooner or later they hand down a ruling (which the Infernal then delivers to the masses and locks the thread with "answered"). Bigger issues like sweeping changes that need an errata are put into that document, sometimes with advanced notice delivered (but never decided by) via Infernals. Other times, the actual employees hang onto it, with no answer or a temp ruling, then deliver the final decision in the next errata. Obviously direct changes to a model's card are rarely if ever announced in advance (like Rhyas getting weaponmaster).

At no point, ever, do they make rulings any more than you could as an event organizer. They are volunteers who do not speak for PP or the game unless given express instructions to do so. They have ZERO autonomy other than to say, "Power attacks are on page 35 and as you can see, it says X quoted text".