So, the entire gimmick of paladins is about being good otherwise they lose their power, is that it?

So, the entire gimmick of paladins is about being good otherwise they lose their power, is that it?
Why do people play it?

nice bait

Why do people play super heroes?

If you were planning to play a lawful good knight type of character anyway, it's cool to get holy magic powers for sticking to it rather than playing a normal-if-heroic fighter, sometimes.

Those good powers are very strong, and it’s harder to lose them than you might expect.

Because you want to hit things with your greatsword and also heal things

So basically for gameplay reasons then?

Super heroes whose powers stem from being a good two shoes?

It’s mechanics that feed the narrative, which is a pure-hearted character doing what’s right.

You’d be shocked how fresh and original playing a goody two-shoes is, Game of Thrones and Postmodernism has made Gray the norm.

I play paladins because blessed hammer does crazy amounts of damage with little to no gear investment.

>You’d be shocked how fresh and original playing a goody two-shoes is, Game of Thrones and Postmodernism has made Gray the norm.

I'm having a ball with my current Paladin. She's only just knighted after spending her life with her military order so she's very naive but good hearted and smarter than people give her credit for due to that naivety.

Why not a cleric instead? They fill the same role?

That tends to be the perception of “good” Paladins in modern gaming, everyone’s looking for that sign of weakness or evil.

>Game of Thrones and Postmodernism has made Gray the norm
"Grey" was always the norm, for basically forever. Stories where the good guys have more going for them than brushing their teeth twice a day are old as dirt. Do people forget how Odysseus screwed goddesses left and right, then went home and murdered people for hitting on his wife? This shit about how GoT turned everything into some edgefest is a terrible meme.

Don't get me wrong, a character who is a thoroughly good person is never a bad thing. But there really should be more going on than that. Good characters are at their most interesting when they face something which might make them choose not to be Good.

Do people not realise just how fucking soft and pressable tits are?

>Why do people play it?
Because having holy powers means you're not just superior in skill, you're superior by (divine) nature.

That's my point exactly

Point being the people playing Paladins do so for the combat gameplay rather than because they find the class interesting

How many virgins have touched a pair of breast in their lives?

It's like making armor with shaped around testicles

I think boobplate is usually just an easy way of identifying the character as a woman.

Why not just draw tits on the armor using paint?

boobplate is sexy

Can you play a Paladin like Judge Dredd?

I always see paladins as a prestige class version of cleric/fighter.
If you can have evil clerics why not have evil paladins, as long as they follow the dogma of their chosen deity.

No, their gimmick is to play the sort heroic knight, which has since expanded into a knightly type devoted to an ideal. They can follow gods but it isn't necessary.

Yes DnD 5E Oath of Vengeance or upcoming Oath of Conquest

I want to be a paladin based on adjuration and just reject the bad thing away.

Nigga it's about your faith in your chosen god if my god says smash evil I'll smash all the evil with my hammer doesn't matter if they're a small child or a sickly old woman