Scary thread

Wouldn't it be scary if our mod kept banning things he doesn't like until the board is nothing but generals?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/subject/Quest/type/op/start/2016-02-10/end/2016-02-17/
archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/type/op/start/2016-02-10/end/2016-02-17/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You know what would be really scary?
Mod allowing quests for a full day.

Wouldn't it be scary if the weekend smut thread came back from the dead and brought all the smutfags back from /d/ with it?

They had a quest on /d/ for a while that went really well. The drawfag doing it even had decent art skills.

I remember that, good times. I liked the trap with bangs.
Why the fuck did it get banned anyway?

Weekend smut thread would be nice. Quests gtfo to /qst/

If we would have half the board of weekend smut threads all week, THEN they would become a problem, and we would either need strict mods or /smut/

The content is not the problem fellow elegan/tg/entlemen. The proportions are.

Because the /d/ mods are so retarded that they can't even claim the title of low functioning autists and generally hate nice things.

If you're talking about Bang Quest, that was amazing. I think I saved some of the pictures.

But quests were never "half the board", and they were only about 5% of the board when /qst/ was created.

The Mod is such a prick over here. We might as well call him Dick Richardson the Floppy since the only thing he does consistently is pop up once in a while and issue a ban for shitposting in anons mocking shitposts, but the shitpost of the week stays up for some reason.

Is there any way to make the ring work in a modern setting?
Between small screens (enjoy your mini loli ghost, I guess) and the control offered by computers, I don't see how it could turn.
A shame, it's one of the rare horror scenarios that I would like to run, the second one being The Thing.

>one line of greentext OP.
I hope they get cancer sometimes, then I calm down and just hope they get AIDS.

The main issue was making all quests go to Veeky Forums in the first place, instead of each board having a couple.

btw, is anyone going to /qst/? How are things there?

>Wouldn't it be awesome if our mod consistently deleted threads that were breaking rules until the TRADITIONAL GAMES board is nothing but TRADITIONAL GAME DISCUSSION?
That sounds like it would spell the end of Veeky Forums.

>btw, is anyone going to /qst/? How are things there?
It's getting more populated every week as more and more fun content gets banned from Veeky Forums.

Let's not beat a dead horse. They were a constant stream of threads that took up whatever percent you want to claim they did constantly. There was also nothing stopping that percentage increasing. /qst/ exists and it's where those threads belong. I remember all the statistics questfags would pull out of their asses to justify their presence, and in the end it didn't matter. What's done is done. Move on.

The scariest rpg I've played was Patient 13, about crazy people in an asylum. Good shit, and nice insanity mechanics.

Yeah, but are the quests good?
Last time I checked, it wasn't exactly a pinnacle of quality compared to Veeky Forums at its height (we had shitty quests too, but some were REALLY good, with drawfags to boot).

Yeah, and the board quality has really improved since quests left, right?
I haven't noticed more interest in rule questions or worldbuilding, only more bait threads with hundreds of replies.
It's like getting rid of the mold at home with a flamethrower; sure your walls aren't moldy anymore, but being in a house in flames fucking sucks and I wouldn't mind going back.

>Yeah, and the board quality has really improved since quests left, right?
Yes.
It has no quest anymore.
>I haven't noticed more interest in rule questions or worldbuilding, only more bait threads
Yeah, cool story bruv. Banning quests was done in order to ban quest threads, not bait threads. Because quest threads are not Veeky Forums per the mere existence of /qst/.

Get over it.
We don't love you anymore.

>I remember all the statistics questfags would pull out of their asses to justify their presence
You mean links to the 4plebs archive that shows how many quest threads were created in a week compared to non-quest threads?

Fake news!

No, I mean people claiming that a majority of Veeky Forums users supported quests staying while providing literally no evidence for it other than some random straw poll.
>Fake news!
The equivalent of laughing at your own punchline. You literally put words in my mouth and then laughed at me for saying them. Are we even having a discussion at this point?

>qst was a completely arbitrary decision
>now get over it
It's ok, user, we get it. Next time just post the first panel of pic directly, it will be faster.

It has nothing to do with feeling and everything to do with reality. /qst/ exists now. Your feelings about it or whether or not you accept this are inconsequential. The ship has sailed without you, it's done. See ya.

Wouldn't it be scary if the mod kept banning things so that the only things left were generals and /pol/bait threads

Hello nu-Veeky Forums

except for questfags constantly bitching on Veeky Forums, yes

Go away /qst/, we don't love you anymore.

Yes, I am new and I am also every other boogeyman you need me to be. Doesn't change the fact that quests are gone.

>No, I mean people claiming that a majority of Veeky Forums users supported quests staying while providing literally no evidence for it other than some random straw poll.
They put up exactly as much evidence as the side wanting them gone did.

If they gave Sinbad another talk show

Maybe it's because, oddly enough, questfags were and are also Veeky Forums regulars and enjoyed other threads too.

I've been on Veeky Forums since 2007.

This board was better when we had quest threads on it.

That doesn't make sense. If the people who wanted them gone were truly this stupid minority of people with no evidence, how did they pressure Moot and company enough to create /qst/? If questfags are too incompetent to convince the powers that be to keep their content on Veeky Forums, then whose fault is it really? Maybe if you keep bitching about something decided years ago, Moot will come back and realize his mistake and apologize to you personally.

bold move user,
they say he hunts silently as he clenches the banhammer in his fist
he bans especially those calling him out on his bullshit.
>you're next!

>That doesn't make sense. If the people who wanted them gone were truly this stupid minority of people with no evidence, how did they pressure Moot and company enough to create /qst/?

After moot sold Veeky Forums to Hiro, Hiro brought in a new bunch of mods, one of whom really hated quest threads. You should read the archived thread where he announced /qst/ last year, because it makes the mod's stance on Veeky Forums very clear.

Was it really only that long ago? I could've sworn that was a decision made under Moot and not Hiro.

Been here since 2012, couldnt fucking agree more. Some of our best content and providers of said content either moved or got the Hammer.

No,it happened after Hiroshimoot took over.

>Yeah, but are the quests good?
>Last time I checked, it wasn't exactly a pinnacle of quality compared to Veeky Forums at its height (we had shitty quests too, but some were REALLY good, with drawfags to boot).

There's a Lego Quest on the board right now if that's your thing.

>Lego Quest
this man is amazing
it fills me with joy than a grown up is patiently assembling legos to entertain strangers on the internet

>Veeky Forums is a representative democracy
hahahaha

Because /qa/ was for the longest time invisible from either the header or the homepage

How would you know people were bitching for months on end on a board that is pretty much invisible?

>Was it really only that long ago? I could've sworn that was a decision made under Moot and not Hiro.
You can literally go to /qst/ just kidding nobody goes to /qst/ and look at the date the sticky there was made.

Hey guys, let's look at an arbitrary week in Veeky Forums questing.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/subject/Quest/type/op/start/2016-02-10/end/2016-02-17/

129 threads. Makes you wonder how many threads were made that week in total

archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/type/op/start/2016-02-10/end/2016-02-17/

1465 threads total.

Strange. That's less than 10% of the board.

this is 2017 gramps, facts don't matter anymore, what matters is that these anons feel like quests were drowning everything out and that makes them worse than hitler (who wasn't actually all that bad a guy really)

It's frankly fewer because there are non "Quest" threads with quest in the title. Either way,

While I didn't find them all too overbearing, that may not be a relevant metric. As they would tend to get bumped a lot those threads would end up being quite a bit more than 8.6% of the board presence, especially on the first few pages. During the weekly peaks quests could be more than half of the first page. At that volume giving them their own board was hardly unreasonable.

What are you niggers hoping to achieve here? Everyone saying "OH EM GEE user, you are right! Quests were so nice and we want them back!" after your non-stop bitching? I joked before about your sorry asses acting like it was a nasty breakup, but you are really acting like you were told to pack your shit and leave.

The bottom line will forever be that your quests were something people were tired of seeing and someone in control stepped in and said "you're right" and sent them off board. You can moan all you want, quests are now on /qst/ and the only thing to do is to get over it.

There's no two ways about it, Veeky Forums is not for quests anymore and whatever insult you throw and circlejerk you engage in, they ain't coming back.