You play D&D user? Don’t you know that’s a kids game?!

You play D&D user? Don’t you know that’s a kids game?!

How do you respond?

My favorite players are my son age 9 and my daughter age 11. Along with my best friend since middle school and his son who is 10. RPGs are a game for all ages.

Ignoring them is the only possible answer

This.

>Implying they can come over hearing distance with my body odor crafted with years of not taking a bath

In all my years of playing tabletop I've never once had anyone speak to me like this about any facet of the hobby, except for a few people who were less rude and more weirded out as I explained to them that I make dungeons, battle areas etc out of LEGO.

I guess to answer your question, I'd tell them that I choose to spend my free time socializing with my friends doing something we all enjoy. Or just call them thots or something.

I don't acknowledge the words of generic white bitches.

This, usually.

Though if I'm annoyed enough, its comments along the lines of is your entire existence only relevant as long as you are a cog in someone else's machine? Or how does it feel to be a normie propaganda puppet with no soul, no will, and no creativity of your own?

Please stop.

Had to bring race into it? /pol/ please go

I do what I want.

I put on my robe and wizard hat.

>So is your dumb twitter and instagram shit, now if you're not gonna send me pics of your tits, jog the fuck on

>How do you respond?
I don't reply to bait threads.

He said, while replying to a bait thread.

K, it's fun though
(Also in years of playing tabletop I have never heard it called a kids game. People always assume it's for old fat neckbeards)

I don't ever talk to women so I would never be in this situation.

Checkmate OP

Yea I want to get good so i can use it as a teaching aid when I have kids that's also good bonding family fun.
>over 30 flirting.

Ofcourse I wouldn't actually say this and the only situations I've ever been in where more along the lines of... 'OMG that's that game from Community and IT Crowd?! Can you play that? Can we have a go sometime... this'll be great I'll make costumes and get some music toget...' Nah.

But that's /leftypol/ if it's anything. People like you are why /pol/ invades threads.

Nobody says that so I don't respond to anything similar.
But in such a situation, I would probably compare it to whatever shitty product is currenly a trend among 20-30 assholes. Like the come-back of tamagochis and such.

Yea this I have immense respect for any children who saw it as a approachable pastime after (and including) 3rd edition.

I have a living Pokédex, and you're making fun of me for the Dungeons & Dragons?

Well. Okay then.

>/pol/ invades threads because we where asking for it

"I fail to see your point."

Suck my dick, choke on it.

Oh shit! I had no idea! Nice save Trish!

Now I have more time for playing with my hotwheels while in my jammyjams.

Football is a kids game if kids are playing.
Anything is a game for adults if adults are playing.

This is the best, most effective response:
OMAE WA MOU

SHINDEIRU

Don't explain the joke, it makes you look like a retard.

Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

- C.S. Lewis

/pol/ invades threads because you constantly scream "/pol/ please go" over things that aren't even /pol/

I spray them with THOTS-B-GONE

>/pol/ invades threads because people say "/pol/ please go" in threads they haven't invaded yet

Time to go out on thot patrol.

y-y-you too

That's what you don't get. /pol/ is already in most of the threads in this board, including this one; posters aren't exclusively of one board.

People who say "go away /pol/" aren't telling you to stop browsing Veeky Forums, retard. They're telling you to stop posting /pol/ content on Veeky Forums.

"Bye."

Gag and put them in the van and teach them an adult game. pandemic legacy

Way to take things back to 1998 user.
Now D&D and nerdy things are cool, and I’ve gotten REQUESTS from chicks like that for me to teach them how to play.
Most don’t take it very seriously mind you and aren’t much more then superficially interested in it, but it’s sort of weird that my knowledge of D&D suddenly makes me “interesting”.

A simpleton's game yes but not a child's game for the difference between child and man is the depth of the imagination, you are an imagination fetus, you don't create creativity but instead drain creativity until nobody has any left

go away /pol/

BEGONE, THOT

That's sick. The pandemic, that is. Good choice.

I also fought for this country. What value do you have to society?

That'll get their panties off

>tfw OP has never actually interacted with a girl in his life
Board game nights are great shit if you're a well adjusted adult. Also a gateway drug to tabletop.

I ain't kissing their ass, I am a wizard and I ain't changing that for a foursome with shitty sluts

I play more sophisticated RPGs than D&D. Come over on Saturday at 14:00. Be punctual.

>tfw dominate some QTs at board games and then let one of them dominate you later with her penis (female).

Also:
>How do you respond?
Be good looking.

hell if they look like that, I actually might

Cute girls (male) are the only reason I can stand living in Seattle.

Tell me of their characters they play, user. That sounds wholesome as fuck.

The only people who'd say this are idiots who lack reasoning behind their words. To effectively destroy these people you need to start with the phrase, "Oh, and just why do you think that?" It's easy from there.

Is it?

My social-skills reveal the true meaning of this statement. The girls are too shy to directly ask me to explain the game to them. They are curious about my hobby and actually want to join in to escape the vicious cycle of party obligations which eventually end up into drunken stupor on the weekends.

I invite them to the next session.

wait what the hell do they do for fun

I whip my dick out, they stop laughing.

I don’t

I play gurps.

Probably look at the same tv and the same movies and the same Facebook and the same parties.

If that doesn’t sound like madness I don’t know what is.

Why am I speaking to judgmental whores in the first place?
More to the point, why have I left the house and gotten myself into this situation?

Set the scene, user.
Give me my motivation.

>Kira's eyes
AAAAAAAAAAAA

IS IT? THANKS FOR TELLING ME! I HAVE BEEN PLAYING IT HAPPILY FOR YEARS BUT NEVER BEFORE REALISED IT WAS A KIDS GAME! GOLLY GOSH YES YOU'VE CERTAINLY GIVEN ME SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT YES SIRREE INDEEDY MY MY MY I'M SO GLAD WE HAD THIS DISCUSSION BYEEEE!

This is exaclt what I said at maximum non shouting volume.

They said there would be cake.

kinda like this

I don't even like cake.
Besides, I could get cake myself, why do I need to go through these women?
Why am I in a park?
Parks only have cakes during the birthday parties of children and I don't see any.

Gotta say user, does have a point.

I’m not a shutin in the slightest, but screw parks.

Yo, fuck parks.
Although I am a shut-in with a vitamin D deficiency, so maybe I'd be there on doctors orders.

>not calling them putrid sows

What the hell is D&D?

I like to argue. It’s gonna start with asking them to explain how it’s a kids game, then giving a reasonable but flattening series of counter arguments.

I behold their glacing wickedness and I activate my inner Don Quixote and begin courting the most promising of them!

>Dear God, it is you! Sweet lady, fair virgin. I dare not gaze fully upon thy countenance as I'd be blinded by beauty.
>I have dreamed you too long. Never seen you or touched you, but know you with all of my heart...

>Young lady, I am a fool and I am a dreamer. I am a ridiculous armored one who would wish the world to be other than it is. But I am not a coward! I know who I am, and I know that I am perfectly capable of being whom I choose to be.

>"Yes? And?"
OR
>"Simple pleasures, babe."
OR
>"So's love."
OR
>With a wide, shit-eating grin, "Not the way I play!"

Everything after the first is cringe tier.

I'm legitimately an emotionally stunted manchild, so I'm used to this sort of thing. To be honest, rpgs are helping me develop as a person, largely due to the empathy I'm having to develop to roleplay effectively.

Anytime I've ever had D&D come up in a conversation with some average chick, they ask me what it is because they don't know. When I explain it, they are like 'oh, that's kinda neat,' and that's the end of it.

Also, like half my D&D group is women.

I'm pretty sure the only people who actually act like the chicks in the OP are insecure elementary school girls who are trying to act 'grown up.' Like this Second.

Make a saving throw vs. paralysis.

>mfw

I have never encountered this response.

Underrated post

I’m running a AD&D 1E Campaign at the moment. Currently playing N1 Against the Cult of the Reptile God.

My son age 9: Gonthar Forkbeard Dwarf Fighter
My daughter age 11: Elrond Silvermoon Elf Cleric

My friend since middle school: Krasimir Kain Human Wizard

His son who is 10: Vince Poole Human Thief

We’ve always played a wide variety of board games with them since they were small with Dungeon and Stratego being big favorites. I started about 3 years ago with the kids on the old HeroQuest game homebrewed with B/X as sort of an RPG lite with miniatures soon they were begging for “Dad’s game” (I run a Wednesday night D20 game). Now it’s all they want to play! Mom will occasionally join in but is usually content to make dinner/snacks and have some me time upstairs while we are in the dungeon (basement).

This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

>ITT: Veeky Forums fails the shit test

DIE WHORE DIE

"Who bitch is these?"

Looks like a cool part, they sound like great players and you sound like a good dad.

ill take a pizza dat ass

That sounds super comfy, user. I'm happy for you and your party.

I identify as a kid. You ageist shitlord and suspect pedophile.

"You don't like tabletop games? Shame. It's so much fun."

I teared up a little. I hope I'm you in 10 or so years.

>Elrond Silvermoon Elf Cleric
this is cute as fuck

I'm jealous, user

>mfw

THOTS BEGONE

then i spray them with cat piss