Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Off The Edge Of The Reliable Release Rumors, Here There Be Monsters edition

>Tyranids Preview, Cruddance on suicide watch
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/30/tyranid-codex-preview-synapse-instinctive-behaviour-and-the-shadow-in-the-warp-oct-30gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=yu-gdWjW7PE&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>IG errata for fluffy commissars
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/22/new-faqs-and-errata-for-the-astra-militarum-and-beyond-oct-22gw-homepage-post-1/
>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Craftworld Eldar codex(thank you user)
>PDf
sendit.cloud/c7e7s4kue55i
>Epub
sendit.cloud/1wuv5xrub183

First for chaos players are cucks.

2nd for Squats are getting their own codex before sisters of battle.

Nids actually looking nice this edition

Fourf fo' KANGZ

She's a real whormagaunt

>degenerate
GW confirmed for /pol/tards?

I want to run Guilliman and Custodes with my Minotaurs.
Asshole y/n

What funky Nid builds will we get with the new codex?

8th for the Greater Good.
Also I love Tau Aesthetics and Lore, but I dont want to get hated all the time.
Any tipps on what units/tactics to avoid?

>minotaurs
>asshole
Yea makes sense.

They are shit tier exept for tau commanders.

Yes. /pol/ is always 40k related. Gender/race shippers go home

cuz we can devise full lists from a couple of leaks without points

Female Space Marines should be hyper feminine and be focussed on giving birth.
Attempting to make them masculine like Space Marines, says that you don't value femininity, and that makes you a sexist piece of shit!

Id let her devour my Bio-Mass with her Bio-ass

/pol/ is basically the Inquistion

>retarded infighting
>autism unmatched
>can make huge changes to the world when they stop doing the above 2

I look at you all
See the death there that’s creeping
While Maugetar gently reaps
I look at the floor
See the corpses are heaping
Still Maugetar gently reaps

Leviathan and Behemoth both look pretty fucking solid. Kronos is playable if you're a gunline army, but just personally I say fuck that I want my nids to Rip and Tear. Jormungandr has some neat tricks but they're mainly related to its Stratagem more than its adaptation. Gorgon and Hydra got cucked.

haha yea

I am looking for some feedback on my 2k Grey Knights.

The main game plan is to use Razorbacks to kill enemy "armor" while using Strike Squads for objectives or to just kill infantry.

The Knights smack up almost anything that isn't an infantry blob while Draigo and his private practice doctors waltz through hard targets.

>GMNDK
These guys will tear almost everything a new one.
Swords are being used due to points restraints but smacking something with a +1 Lascannon still seems pretty good.

>Strike Squads
Command points are nice and these guys help me get them while still being able to do a mortal wound or two.
They also can help clean up those guardsmen blobs in both shooting and CC.

>Razorbacks
These metal boxes do a lot of work by letting me move up troops easily while keeping them alive. (I am aware I can deepstrike my troops but I need bodies on the ground.)
Even at BS 4+ shooting something big with 8 Lascannons will do more than scratch he paint.

>Draigo
Sometimes a Mary Sue is all you need to clean up big problems. (I have personally used him to kill a Titan)

>Apothecaries
Abusing the character rule is the bees knees and so does those three characters being able to heal themselves while still smashing something hard with a hammer.

Anyone know is Hydra ever had a "official" Scheme?

>Behemoth spams nothing but Trygons and Genestealers alongside other deepstrikers
>Kronos/Jormungandr Exocrine/Biovore/Hive Guard Spam
>Hydra Gaunt/Tervigon spam
>Leviathan Nidzilla
>Behemoth Old One Eye Carnifex rush

Honestly, stuff like Gorgon and Kraken seem strong, but dont really reward a certain playstyle over another, so idk how those list will shape up

>Aeldari are a dying race
>They send their females into battle rather than keeping them barefoot and pregnant

Are the Aeldari retarded?
Drukhari have their artificial wombs I guess, but the other subsets seem very foolish.

no thats just /40kg/ in general

Based Straken confirmed /ourguy/

>Up arrow emoticon

?

Fuck off

DE are almost at Pre Fall numbers, and hence really don't give a shit
CWE are retarded, but i assume that the fighting females are in the vast, vast minority
Exodites and just the amish so probably breed like mad

Theyre a dying race, like you said.

Eldar literally DO NOT HAVE enough men to justify forbidding women from military service.

One craftworld explicity has a 1:10 male:female population, possibly from doing exactly what you're suggesting in the past, and now has to rely almost exclusively on female warriors (they spam the shit out of banshees in particular.)

Besides, Eldar pregnancy canonically takes the man out of action for almost as long as the female, because Eldar reproduction requires multiple inseminations from the same male periodically to give the fetus the genetic material in stages.

CWE limit is access to spirit stones. Not breeding speed.

For a shooty nid army (exocrines, tyrannofex, hive guard, termies + tervigon blobs) which adaptation would be best?

Cover (if you dont advance/charge)
6+ ignore (doesnt stack)
Reroll hit1 (if you dont move)

The subject oft he swarmlord was corrected. He's not leviathan only.

Seems unlikely, Swarmlord can manifest anywhere he's needed, like a buggy Captain Planet.

And Old One Eye is an urban legend on a single planet somewhere in Ultramar. Him being included in the codex at all means you can't possibly be literally using old one eye, just a Carnifex with similar traits.

>For a shooty nid army (exocrines, tyrannofex, hive guard, termies + tervigon blobs) which adaptation would be best?
Jormungandr or Kronos.
Probably Kronos, unless you spam Gaunts like crazy.

Considering the time it takes to actually reproduce it would be more practical to have them fight, rather than sit around being useless for a couple hundred years.

>not your biomast

Assholes will hate you for playing Tau at all, most people won't care or will save their sperging for when they're behind a layer of anonymity. Right now Tau are one of the worst armies as a whole, with the main cheese being spamming Commanders and gun drones with maybe Y'vahras as well. Just run a fluffy, diverse list and don't worry about the haters, they won't say shit to your face. As long as you don't run six Commanders you'll be fine.

Dammit, thats good

dying race is a little subjective. Each craftworld has 100 of millions of elves. With a shit ton of craftworlds and maiden worlds out there. It would be more accurate to say that they are a race in decline.

Cover or re-roll 1s.

I really like how these are shaping up. Way less pigeonholy than stuff like Chapter Tactics or Craftworld Traits.

Why? It seems like an important question.
Why are the Aeldari so stupid?

>Eldar literally DO NOT HAVE enough men to justify forbidding women from military service.

That seems silly, the answer would mean less military action, not more female involvement. By killing the females they're killing their future generations.

They should spend more time collecting stones if they're essential, but really they should only give stones to people who need to leave the Craftworld.

If that's the attitude they may as well just commit suicide now.

>dying race is a little subjective.

It means they're dying more than being born.
The only way to counteract this is to have more babies, and the bottle neck for babies is females.

Stones are only found on the Crone Worlds degenerate.

Its a game and Eldar players like fapbait

Unfortunately in the grim darkness of the 41st millennium there is only war. Less military action results in you getting eaten by a tyranid hive fleet you had been ignoring.

I always thought they slowed down breeding because they didn't want to bring newborns into their cursed life.

Actually it's males, for Eldar.

> By killing the females they're killing their future generations.
>and the bottle neck for babies is females.

it isn't, eldar reproduce in a weird fashion, both the mother and father have to continually fuck to gestate a baby. If one dies the baby dies with it.

>If that's the attitude they may as well just commit suicide now.
They've been a "dying race" for the last 20,000 years I think the Eldar are just being dramatic because it obviously means nothing.

So what? Politely ask people not to attack the craftworlds?

The runes are cast, the path of least loss is chosen and if a thousand must dies to keep a million alive that's the trade, female or not.

Seriously. Fuck you and your fetishes. Fuck off.

see the last line of Losing an Eldar male who's wife is pregnant terminates the pregnancy, unless the gestation period was nearly finished.

Are Carnifexes gonna take the title of most customizable unit in the game from Tau Commanders now?

Also pls stop taking the bait.

Seeing how Alphabet Bird will soon get its ass nerfed, i'm playing with idea of Magnus/Mortarion/Falchon tank. Falchon is a tod more expensive than Bird, but Morty costs less than a night. Morty can deal with hordes, while Falchon sits backs and melts stuff.

To wit, Falchon has eight lascannons and 2d6 S16 -5 2d6 main weapon, as well as statline of T9, 2+ and 26W.

The craftworlds and the dinosaur Amish are slowly dying out, but the majority of the population are just fine in their magic rape dimension,

Depends, how many of a carnifex's upgrades are actually useful?

>Still responding to cancer

Maybe?

>Morty costs less than a night.
A night with whome? This is important.

>play non-cult CSM
>get early Codex
>see new codexes
>they all have better options and rules
>stuck with shitdex
>second army confirmed not this year
Feels bad, man.

I would figure that the Exodites would be doing fine population wise considering they don't see combate as often as craftworlds do.

>considering they don't see combate as often as craftworlds do.

why would you say that?

>TSons
>Dark Furies
>Fast Attack, Cavalry, essentially Scarab Occult on Discs
>80ppm, three models, each gets additional three wounds
>can pick between twin-linked Soulreapper or Heavy Warpflamer
>can deepstrike and can designate target at the start of the game to get +1 to damage and wound
>flying gattling termies

Y/N?

Jormugandr with big bugs will be absolutely nasty shit, its an army of high toughness and 2+ saves out the ass with only a low model count and depending on what else its there a slow movement but it will certainly make nidzilla viable in most places.

Ok, could you guys help me with a list? I'm playing fluffy n' tacticool space marines (one of the 3 (4?) Exorcists players here) and I don't know what all to get. Here's what I know:

Captain with jump pack
>he's fast, I can give him a 2+, and he can still kill lots of stuff. Plus deep strike
Lieutenant, maybe also jump pack
>might stick him in razorback, or jump down for frontal support.
Possible librarian with force axe/plasma pistol
I had a librarian (cool old force axe one) but hate that he hits on a 3+, and also powers aren't great in my experience. So IDK if I want him

Relic Contemptor with twin lascannon/chainfist
>he hits hard in melee, hits hard in shooting, and he just doesn't fucking die. I love the bastard to death, better than any other dreadnought I've played
Vanguard squad
>I'll pick either these or the dudes below, they're great at killing and fast too. A little weak to enemy fire tho
Honor guard
>stuck with stuff, but cheap and 2W 2+ and fun as hell. I stick six of them in a razorback and go to town.
Terminators
>I think I want assault terminators, dunno tho. They seem fun and tanky if a little expensive
Oh maybe assault centurions instead, I think they're cute

Scouts!
>two squads with cloaks, possibly three, all lots of fun. Deny deep strike and are hard as nails to most fire
Primaris squad (?)
>might take a squad, they're expensive but suck up fire I guess.
Tactical Squad
>cheap lascannon and hold objectives. Probably won't take them though

Land speeder
>I wouldn't mind two with a multi melta and missile launcher/assault Cannon, seem like fun

Hellblaster squad
>the math is insane, and I like the models. I think I'll take 7 or 8 of them
Predator
>could take one or two, lascannon sponsons and probably twin lascannon up top
Sicarian battle Tank
>8 autocannon shots are nice, so is speed and lascannons. Expensive though
Leviathan dreadnought
>you know why I want it. Shame one gun one weapon isn't viable
Relic scorpius
>it seems fun

Don't worry, CSM are the most powerful Codex right now. More powerful than Guard.

Exodites always getting raided and sliced up, generally prompting the Harlequins to intervene and protect them.

homebrew is gay and so are you.

I know that, so what? They should direct the men and the dead to harvest more stones, while females actually get on with making more Aeldari.

That's not true, it was an Imperial researcher's idea on how it worked, and he wasn't even able to correctly identify a male T'au.

>They've been a "dying race" for the last 20,000

Only 10k or so.

>So what? Politely ask people not to attack the craftworlds?

Keep a low profile, always fight from a defensible position.

This isn't a fetish, I'm just don't get why a dying race is killing off its females.

This isn't true.

You should only be able to take 1 LoW in 2k point games. The 3/4 LoW list that came second at SoCal Open being legal is retarded.

One gun one combat weapon is totally viable on a leviathan. It sucks you only get three attacks when it's meant to be a walking siege engine death fridge, but it does good work with a S16 -4 4 weapon.

/K/ would be the orks, /x/ would be ordo hereticus, /d/ is obvious, /b/ is chaos as a whole. Any others to add?

What the fuck is an Aeldari?

Veeky Forums - clearly the imperium, who else thinks HAND HOLDING is heresy?!

The nids would likely be Veeky Forums

Oh yea. Sure. Yea. Also,
>every Codex is getting options for everything that comes in the box
>CSM still can't take bolter, BP, and CCW

>Only 10k or so.
15,000 from what I have found.

>/K/ would be the orks

are you fucking retarded? /k/ would be IG

The three attacks is what kills me. I love, as I said, the relic Contemptor, but it doing more damage ALL THE TIME is really offputting for melee. I think it ought to have five attacks for the price of you go the melee route. Also the storm cannon is severely disapponting

They only became dying after the fall, which was just before the start of the Great Crusade.

>dried fruit pellets, synthetic candied corn substitute, and oral purging soap are not considered treats
That's pretty funny.

user, everyone come with a knife. It's hardly a CCW

From what I can find the fall began in the 25 millennium.

Does Bobby G have to be as enormous as his model appears?

I'm not a fan of the model and I'm wondering if it would be too crazy just to field him as a standard HQ sized Primaris HQ base?

Guardsmen do not have as much of a fetishistic love and reverence for their guns as Orks and /k/ do.
Any /k/ommando worth his salt would literally sleep with his rifle before his wife.

Yes. He does.

One Zoanthrope > One Craftworld

Every gun/knife thread on /k/ is just them deciding who has the biggest dick by way of who has the most/biggest guns/knives.
/K/ is orks.

I think Kronos will be common in Spearheads attached to other Hive Fleets. Their anti-psyker Stratagem is brutal.

Is he infantry? If so, yes. He acquires.cover via area terrain rules not 50% LoS so if he's a tad smaller it shouldn't be an issue.

He's pretty huge. I'm surprised no one's used the 30k model for him yet.