Kingdom Death: Monster (KDM/KD:M)

Halloween sale:
shop.kingdomdeath.com/

Preorders still going on:
kingdom-death-monster-15.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

Ruled a #10 on the Hunt Events: Scanon is a god and has debinded one of his rulebooks.

Other urls found in this thread:

build.kingdomdeath.com/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Man, it's so fucking hard to actually get what you want with Poot's stupidly low production amounts and how crazy scalpers are. Forgegod lasted for fucking ten minutes.

Agreed. I just want to see some nicely painted KD miniatures but it seems like most of them will sit unpainted or unassembled in the closets of scalpers or hoarding fanboys

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I agree with you, but I can also see why that's the case. People love latching onto anything limited run with that collector's mindset, but with KDM in particular, it can be intimidating as hell to assemble and paint for fear of ruining your expensive minis.

just got here. what stuff sold out before i had a chance to look at it?

What is this meme

Forge god, forsaker, and Halloween white speaker

Maybe more if I missed some myself

All the expansions.

Which of these methods to try and prevent scalping is the least likely to fuck over normal customers?

>site tracks what you've bought with your account in past, and prevents you from buying more once you hit your per customer limit in future sales. Prevents existing scalper accounts from continuing to drain stock in subsequent reprints.

>store is updated, but there is a waiting period of several hours before the new stock is able to be purchased, giving people time to take stock of the new inventory, sort finances if necessary, and get ready to try and buy. Lessens scalpers having page update notifications to swoop in before most people notice the chronically late emails or check the page themselves.

>enter a lottery system to get the chance to buy the rarer stuff. Luck of the draw is shit, but at least a random chance is a little easier to swallow for some than getting some dickbag swooping in and cleaning house with no difficulty.

Granted, I'm not sure if the downsides for general customers are enough to warrant these practices, since it can be worked around by scalpers if they put some effort into it.

il already get those from satan thank you.

Fuck I wish I had checked sooner for the Halloween sale. Glad I was able to snag the necromancer and last years Halloween pinup at least.

I really miss when promos would at least last half a day, I've missed on the Easter one and now the Halloween White Speaker because they go so fast.

fuckiiiiing mage

This sale makes me realize the current state we are in. It has gotten so huge that even the most remotely exclusive thing that is going to be on sale will be SOLD OUT in a matter of hours.
Better be prepared next time (Black Friday is my guess)

I talked myself into buying the Halloween survivors in addition to a few of the other one-offs. Definitely would have picked up a Forge God if I'd been there in time but the page popped up with 0 announcement. Sucks to suck.

How about this: If your settlement is found scalping, the Resin Knight pays you a personal visit.

But yeah, I think the "advance warning" option is the best here. I don't think lottery will go over well and the account limits seem too easy to game.

Poots really, really needs to up his production operations

>0 announcement
Yeah, if only Poots had sent an email when the sale got up.

Sleeving my game right now with official KD sleeves.
Tasting each and every single card I put into a sleeve, it's delicious.

I thought it was ridiculous when things sold out in a day before the 2nd Kickstarter was a thing, but now with KDM being more mainstream it's really fucking hard to get things. It's Poots fault for not increasing production to make up for the huge surge of new fans.

Git Gud.

I wouldn't have even checked if it wasn't for the previous thread. Would have loved to have gotten an email when or before the sale went live.

I for one collect every single miniature released and I'm slowly painting all of them.

>subscribe now and receive no alerts.
i just want all dice for sale at the same point at some point so i dont have to shit out shipping costs.

i fucking bought the twilight detective last week because i thought that was the last chance. iam not gonna pay another 20 bucks shipping costs to get those dice now.

>T-T-hey did it too argument
Glad I didn't back this shit.

Like the one he ACTUALLY SENT?

Didn't see it; well I guess it's all on me then. Thanks for keeping it real user

Frankly, I mostly blame scalpers for trying to wring money out of people that want rare pieces, and KS bandwagon retards that
>don't understand the resin collector models aren't necessary game content
>think its plastic and not resin, and will end up ruining them because they don't know how to work with plastics, much less resin
>don't bother to read the KS at all and don't know shit about dick

Still, that only gives you 5 minutes notice to try and load up the store and nab the forge god before it evaporates into the ether.

No problem. I know you already are aware that it is all on you but man, if you really wanted it you should've got all the hints, last thread everyone was talking about the Halloween sale and how Poots love to do it.
Expect a Black Friday sale also.

I'll be readily prepared for black friday.
I hadn't refreshed the previous thread until half an hour ago, but I'm glad I did otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get anything.

This, there will be two more sales, one for Black Friday, and one more for Christmas, and after that it will probably be nothing more until Easter.

these fucking double niggers. PALADIN CAME AFTER YOU AND DELIVERED BEFORE KINGDOM DEATH

OFFICIAL BUILD INSTRUCTIONS FOR PHOENIX, KINGSMAN, GSK

build.kingdomdeath.com/

finally, an official guide to all the damn hands.

what where the first special alternate dice released?
and when where they released?
i am wondering if we will just have a set rotations of those dice and not get any others anymore at some point this year

I think we first got spring dice that were pink and green. I can't remember the exact date, but it was most likely around Easter of this year.

What is the deal with working with resin?

Resin is made literally of AIDS.

Did you keep the small box where the mini sprues came in or have you trashed it?

So is resin black then?

More fragile, more temperature sensitivity, sanding produces extra harmful dust
Did I mention it’s fucking fragile as shit god damn

>he didn't realize that the studio built the DBK armor minis with the waist armor upside down
Poots has a mind for finding people great at designing minis, but he's kind of not too hot at actually building them.

If you mean the stamped cardboard boxes, I consider those part of the collector's minis. I display mine next to their boxes, artwork, and CE cert (for the few that I nabbed at first run).

Managed to buy everything I wanted when I was out to lunch on the shitter, thankfully.
Halloween Whitespeaker, Halloween Twilight Knight, two Necromancers, Dark Paladin, and Fall Dice.

I'm keeping them for now so I can eventually make a collage page out of them.

Now, when you say temperature sensitivity...

Are you warning me of thermal expansion or modulus of elasticity? Or something weird like it melting or sloughing off the paint?

No, I mean the black thin box inside KD:M.

Post yfw you didn't get Forsaker

>mfw I did

You can soften it with warm water to bend pieces into shape if needed.

It won't melt, the chemical reaction that creates the resin is irreversible.

I bought one years ago.

Aight so i ctrl F'd PDFs and found nothing so im going to ask

has anyone scanned and made of PDF of the rulebook?

Want a fucking medal?

did poots just make an infinite supply of those fucking minis he has in stock always?

is there a reason these 6-8 fucking mini's are never running out?

Oh. Yeah, I still kept mine to store mini parts. I clipped adn cleaned all the parts from every sprue (core and the expansion armor kits that I have), and sort them into bags (a full set goes into one larger bag, which is then subdivided into smaller bags for head, body, arms, waists, legs, hands, weapons, misc gear, etc.). That way if I want to make something specific, I have it in an easy-to-store container.

If you leave a resin mini in your car on a hot summer day, it might feel a bit soft, and some might wilt or droop a bit under their own weight. It is most pronounced with pieces that are large, and heavy for their shape (a large, thin piece will be more likely to have this happen than a big, thick piece).

nope, it was an encore, not a 1st run.

Once he has a plastic mold lined up, it's really cheap for him to print more. Resin is a little trickier, since the material cost is a bit higher than the plastic, and over time the molds can deteriorate from repeated use.

Plastic production runs are by necessity much larger than the resin runs.
So he had thousands of these made (about 5k minimum), that's why they don't really sell out.

You get it. It's a two-way street. Scalpers only keep scalping because there are people willing to pay for it. Otherwise they're left with goods they don't give a shit about.

That said it was brought up in previous threads and I absolutely agree that Poots absolutely wants to market his brand as "boutique." There's absolutely no reason for example, to only put up a stock of around whatever hundred it was for the Forge God.

But user, I got one

No need to rub it in. Or next thing you know gonna be me tasting you.

Oh.

I haven't assembled most of the armorkit survivors nor a couple of my monsters. (Phoenix because no storage solution yet, Gorm because I wanted to figure out how to make it look better before assembling it.) The box holds all the content I haven't assembled yet, sits on top of my KDM box in the closet.

It's necessary to not store the sprue box in the KDM box with my prototype custom-built game insert.

TFW you could have gotten one and chose not to. in hopes that someone more appreciative of it would get it instead.

>that pulp paper in the middle
makes me shiver

>Missed the sale
>It was nothing good anyway
And nothing of value was lost.

I literally don't have enough expansions yet to have cards that can stand on their own. It's just clean scraps of cardboard freely sitting there to prop the decks up until Wave 2 hits and fills the gaps.

You have achieved enlightenment my friend.

>got to store
>frantically dumping stuff in cart
>12 forsakers left, put one in cart
>hit check out
>last thing to push then"sorry item forsaker inventory zero, updating cart"
So close at least I got a Halloween speaker.

>people actually buying multiple hundred dollar blocks of resin that have no game application.
My sides.

Do you live in fucking Venus? I have to use burning water to unbend swords and the like, it is literally impossible for a mini to melt just for that. If you ever experienced it then that brand of miniatures is fucking shitty as fuck.

it happened with early GW Finecast
> If you ever experienced it then that brand of miniatures is fucking shitty as fuck.
so yeah

>however during new releases we estimate shipping delays up to 2 weeks.
So how do you guys feel about having to wait an extra 2 weeks for your games so the scalpers (and Pooties) can make bank?

Reminder to email Poots about how fuck awful the production on KD is and the fact that the game now has 10k+ fans.
These small 500 mini runs are shit for anyone actually trying to get stuff legit and scalper bait.

None of the models have game application, they're glorified tokens for aesthetic use.

Get off your high-horse and instead tell us what sort of things you'd have like to seen, since you obviously don't care for waifus and didn't care about the forge god nor forsaker.

Increase price

That user isn't wrong though.
Leave resin in a car that's sitting in the sun and it will go soft enough to deform, but he is also correct that it's mostly larger thinner models that suffer from that particular problem.

It doesn't melt, resin doesn't work that way, but cars sitting in the sun do get really bloody hot.

Standardized Production so people don't have to feel like nigguhs spamming refresh in the hopes that they can have the esteemed privilege to give Poots their money.

Fuck promos. Fuck pinups. Fuck limited runs.

Is dark paladin worth it?
I made sure to grab what I actually wanted to get, but looking back it's a funny looking model isnt it?
Like her face and everything is almost as bad as the variant dark elf...

I dunno, just doesnt seem worth it.

>Had a problem with the shipping fee of 1.5 and my bank account
>Call the number attached to the charge
>Fucking Poots himself answers the phone and says he uses his personal number to help clear these things up with people
p neat I guess

I think it looks like hot garbage. But I also think the hlloween survivors are trash so I'm probably a minority.

No, I just don't live in the Northwest Territories.

In Michigan, having your car in the sun on a hot summer's day can be enough to cause slight (fixable) deformation in resin minis, especially in large, thin parts that can sag under their own weight (a resin phoenix wing is probably too thick to sag much despite the weight, but the hands could, and the legs would be likely to sag under the mini's weight).

I'm sure it is even more pronounced in even warmer areas, like the US Southwest.

>expecting him to shell out the money required for plastic kits for what are ultimately - despite "high" demand - niche items
Injection mold plastic kits are really fucking expensive to make, user. The return he would see on most of them wouldn't be worth the cost to get them converted, and he'd likely have too many extras sitting around that he would never make his money back on. It sucks for us as consumers, but there is some business sense in it.

Dude seriously? If you don’t like it don’t buy it. I think it looks awful too. Don’t fall into the trap like the “frantically dumping stuff in cart” guy up there

Scanon here. Book unbound. Scanned the first 30 or so pages before my scanner froze. Gonna shit, eat, whack off, play some games and try to get some more pages in.

>tfw sempai notices you.

I assure you she will look a lot better when painted as gyaru

>whack off
Let us know if you need help. You’re royalty now if you deliver

He sounded pretty chill on the phone and was really cool about the whole thing.

He doesn't even need to make plastics if he didn't outsource all his resin production to a single person who waffles about with other projects and instead had a standardized staff and procedure.
But he won't because that costs actual money for building infrastructure and hiring instead of outsourcing to china and random europeans.

They're based in New York, the overhead alone for running their business is probably so high that they don't think it's feasible. And instead of moving the HQ with some of that 12 odd million dollars they continue on with no staff, no infrastructure, and no standardized production methods while waffling about "muh boutique".

So you're wrong and a little gullible.

Also;
>Item sells out in 10 minutes.
>He'd have so many extra!
Really activates your spaghetti.

Yeah I kinda leaning on not.

Thats why I originally skipped it. This helps confirm my notion it looked "off".

I would rather have an encore "Knight" model, or Great Game Hunter Rogue female instead. Shame he doesnt push those as often.

You don’t need us to confirm. Gotta learn to think for yourself homie, I know you can do it

My kindred user!

I like the Halloween White Speaker though, glad I nabbed her.

Who knows what the BF sale will have. I'm hoping for Knight/Samurai/Monk even if those are longshots. The RPG minis are mostly the only resin stuff I want to buy from KD although I did get the Halloween white speaker.

>Won't shell out copious amounts of money for infrastructure
>Won't move his home, team, and headquarters so you can have special titty figurines
>You're clearly mad

I'm hoping Thief and Vixen.

Modelling and painting hobby you goddamn autist.

If that's all you got from the comment you may be retarded.

You do know that he had to spend a lot of money upgrading the chinese production houses for them because they literally scammed him and he had to suck it up?

You do know that New York is one of the most expensive cities in America in terms of real estate?

Maybe you should learn a thing or two before you start talking.

The KDM1.5 kickstarter funds go towards KDM1.5, not towards the Poots company as a whole.

Something most people don't realize about injection molding isn't that you don't just pay for the molds themselves, but all the test molds as well.

The reason why Dreamforge still sells slight-error sprues is because they can't afford to just have another one tooled out. Big companies Games Workshop and Namco Bandai have to pay for new tooling whenever there's a slight design error in the file.

For KD models, Poots won't outsource to cheap chinese labor because the cast quality will likely be shit, and molds stolon. (Not an uncommon problem in china, anything able to fit into a backpack can be swiped)

It's hard to find a reliable skilled resincaster in the US because there are so many shady people. It's unfortunate that the current caster can only dedicate time to limited order sizes, but at least they're someone trustworthy.

You must be trolling or very stupid.

>The KDM1.5 kickstarter funds go towards KDM1.5, not towards the Poots company as a whole.
Wrong.

The molds already get stolen by the chinese from the factories. That's why all the scalpers are from china and a lot of them have near perfect copies.

Are you dense?

>It's hard to find a reliable skilled resincaster in the US because there are so many shady people. It's unfortunate that the current caster can only dedicate time to limited order sizes
That's why you invest in infrastructure and hire people onto your staff instead of outsourcing.

If I could get knight and samurai I'd be okay for that alone.

I clearly trusted my gut, because I intentionally avoided it when I carted my "musts". I guess I was more less wondering what everyone else thought about it and if they felt the same about how lazy and uninspired it is.

>near perfect

Any side by sides comparisons? Legit curious

You could probably google it.

They have more flash but that's it, and depending on the seller some of the bigger models aren't properly sized.

Honestly, besides the ethical side, most of us don’t paint well enough where the sharpness of details even matter. I mean look at the CMON PVC miniatures when they’re painted up well. They’re still damn nice to look at

I have bought chinaman recasts before and can confirm they (tend) to be quite good. I got maybe one stinker but the others I've bought you wouldn't notice anything really wrong. They're a little rough texturally but other than that they tend to be very good.