When did Dungeons and Dragons stop encouraging people to commit suicide?

When did Dungeons and Dragons stop encouraging people to commit suicide?

My group makes me want to commit suicide all the time.

After the Blackleaf incident. Terrible tragedy, that.

Politics took over that duty

Go away, OP. YOU'RE DEAD! You don't exist anymore.

Some will say 3rd, but the seeds were already there in 2nd desu.

Well now we have Veeky Forums for that.

Rip Black Dougal

Bad for business when the only people who buy your games stop buying your games (or anything else, really) because of something in your games.

When the OGL happened

-1 unit of time

It's my fault Black Leaf died. I can't face life alone!

-Marcie

When it stopped promoting thai food.

GM killed off Black Leaf because of the shitty name and backstory, l2p marcie or kys lol

That was 4th edition stupid.

Kek

But the GM was the one who created Black Leaf

This meme came from like one case of a sexually confused kid who was a prodigy with shit parents running off with his 2 lesbian friends, oh and also he played D&D maybe.

The Police got Gygax and his team together to look over maps of the town to look for patterns relating to their game to find out where he was. Though they couldn't do anything because that task made zero fucking sense.

The boy killed himself a few years on.

Putting your head in an oven seems like a really bad way to commit suicide. Wouldn't it burn you painfully before the heat made you pass out?

Wow. You are actually too stupid to die

In older gas ovens you could turn on the gas without lighting it, so a person could potentially die from the fumes.

It's not the heat that makes you pass out, its gas or oven cleaner usually.

Back in the early 20th century, ovens were powered by gas rather than by electricity, and you'd quickly suffocate to death by breathing the gas.

When they stopped introducing sources of permanent damage to character levels/stats as well as common equipment-breaking traps such as the Rust Monster, which were the main contributors of "might as well kill myself and reroll" mentalities in players.

>Though they couldn't do anything because that task made zero fucking sense.
Kek

rpblox

It makes me chuckle knowing that the Satanic Panic was a thing.

WHERE IS THE DUNGEON, GYGAX. SPILL IT!

Trying to use a found map to find a missing person is the most classic TTRPG thing I can think of.