We had a thread yesterday when kucoin was being spammed about filters...

We had a thread yesterday when kucoin was being spammed about filters. Anons were posting their filters and about 9 out of 10 people had "LINK" filtered.
Can we just talk about this for a second? A huge, huge majority of this board is completely braindead and will miss the biggest moon mission of our lifetimes. Is there anything we can do for them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DrlL5v78FtA
medium.com/@sergeynazarov/chainlink-an-overview-and-our-focus-14f03335b803
etherscan.io/token/0x514910771af9ca656af840dff83e8264ecf986ca#balances
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no they can stay poor idk.

it's sad bro, I know. but we can't help these willfully lost sheep.

SAD

This

maybe they're right that it's just a shit coin. Where's the Christmas surprise??

>Where's the Christmas surprise??
Haha what?

It's kinda great. /nubiz/ is mostly shut out of LINK. It really is the /ourcoin/ of people who have been here since August and earlier.

who cares desu
chainlink is a promising project and the odds to moon are in links favour. there is no need to squeez some poorfags money into it like all those pnd scam coins

Exactly. Let them buy Ripple and Verge. They can fomo into LINK when it's already pumped.

I wish I could filter all the sexy sloots. Nofap is impossible when browsing this board

That feeling you get when you know for sure something you have will moon.

Similar feelings of confidence were felt holding BTC ETH and IOTA early on.... same thing is occurring right now boys!

Nothing is happening with LINK. There won't be a moon mission until February at the earliest.

It still amazes me how this coin is still talked about after a single discord shilled it for a few days before an army of babies first scam, useful idiots get baited into constantly posting about it. Link is mostly filtered because it is a spam coin.

Bro, you're safe ITT you don't need to fud here

Braindeads.
Check the number of nodes and the number of circulating coins. To not make 90% of the coins useless a normal Price of 4Cent per link would be good.

What?

Threads like this is why you faggots are filtered

>It really is the /ourcoin/ of people who have been here since August
Yeah, its the coin of newcoiners who went all in on the most shilled ICOs of august/september
Thats why so many link bagholders also got reqt by req and bought into shit like blackmoon and whatever that shitcoin that pulled an exitscam was, lmao

damn, you know your shit.
I appreciate the research you've put into this, and thank you for sharing it. I hope others seriously consider your warning

>stinky linkies still clutching on to their bags

>Threads like this is why you faggots are filtered
Not by you apparently.

Your FUD has no power here. We have seen the future.

once this baby hits bittrex, you're gonna see some serious shit

>no more bot monopoly
>random 5x P+D's
>mass exposure
>millions of more potential buyers

You're gonna hate yourself for not storing some away now

this is a shittoken
>muh swift
you realize swift is a dying company right?
why else would they look into a litteral ponzi scheme crypto market lmao

Let it fucking go. Every 3rd thread is a link thread. It’s nevwr happening

>swift is a dying company

congratz you fell for the bait
nonetheless link is a shittoken and this wont go anywhere
lmao even ripple has blown you fags the fuck out the last week
its fucking over for you guys you even fell off the top 100 lmao

Man you sure care a lot about this "dying shitcoin" if you're trying to make us sell this much. I guess you're just a good guy trying to prevent us from losing money.

I like to make fun of stinkylinkies
Why would I filter you

They are though. Their infrastructure is outdated as fuck and overly expensive. A lot of their big name clients have been looking into alternatives with blockchain for a couple years now.

I dunno I already made 3x so it’s chill. But ya the number of nodes number of coins concerns me I made a Reddit thread about it and downvotes to hell but there are good responses there you should read it. It’s convincing

you wish haha
why would i want to buy link? tell me one fucking reason im just here to shit up your threads you spam 24/7 if you spam the board this is what you get
i put all my money into raiblocks at the beginning of the week and now have 50k you little mongoloid

>the number of nodes number of coins concerns me
The what?

Let them be, OP. They'll FOMO in soon enough. I was here after the DAO hack when posters here claimed ETH "will never be $15 again". The rest of 2016 ETH bled further and some posters even went as far as saying ETH "will never rise above $10 again". Rest assured they most likely FOMO bought in when ETH reached $20 then subsequently sold when it hit $50, only for it to go to $100 and beyond. The patient shall be rewarded.

Wow look at the big boy with 50k here.
I have just that in LINK and that's 25% of my portfolio. You look at top 20 and all you see is total trash shitcoins. LINK is barely top 100 and it's better than 90% of the trash in top 100. Make out of that whatever you want.

The fucking nodes to coins ratio

What the fuck are you talking about?

50k link here. Keep thinking of doubling up but been holding off. Will keep buying small amounts so not to get too burned if we fall

Been here since July and I can confirm this.

Bitch. You have a billion fucking coins. How many nodes you expect there to be. Maybe you don’t understand how CL works?

link hasnt even a working product you fucking degenerate
its all proof of concept
2 guys team no dev im convinced that steve guy doesent even exist
sergey doesent even visit the slack regularly all you guys got have the rory cuck
but damn you have 50k locked up in that shittoken meanwhile shits mooning left and right
i cant wait to check links price in a year just to see its still worthless

Def our cook for those of non newbies but those of us who weren’t around early enough for ETH

Chainlink reminds me of my ex girlfriend... Is the universe conspiring to bring us back together or am I fully delusional, and If I am right about Chainlink am I right about my ex?

t. 150k LINK holder

When? At first or in a few years when CL goes mainstream?

I rewatched an interesting video recently. youtube.com/watch?v=DrlL5v78FtA Sergey says swift member banks currently pay services 10 to 20 million a year for the same sort of data and security that chainlink oracles would provide.

If you assume perhaps they're looking to cut that number in half to 5 million USD a year, divide that by a thousand nodes (probably more than needed and certainly more than there will be initially) that's $5000 a year going to each node just for interest rate data from SWIFT member banks.

This is just speculative and probably totally wrong but what's a good return on a node that seems likely? Perhaps 5% best case then each node would be required to have around $100,000 worth of tokens (this seems unreasonable, but if you try and consider how running a node wouldn't be unreasonably lucrative I wonder how it could be less).

Just looking at that 5k number, which doesn't even include any of the other potential uses, such as insurance, REQ, OMG, CEEK, all the dapps that will come from zeppelinOS, you can see that we're talking serious money and serious reason to acquire link to make your node more reputable, which means a high demand for the tokens.

I think the value of the token fud is some of the strongest just because we have no idea how much they can expect to make for operating nodes, especially initially if there aren't a lot of contracts coming through, but if sergey comes through with huge implementations off the bat the token will go lunar through speculation, but more importantly actual utility, which is extremely rare among the thousands of tokens out there. Also please tell me if I'm talking shit.

19.000 people signed up willing to be a node operator
350mill circulating supply
Your point is... You're retarded?

Smartcontract.com literally offering oracles right now.
Testnet of LINK in Q1 2018.
Sergey regularly appearing on conferences (SIBOS, DEVCON)
Multiple team members, you are a retard if you think there are only two.
Massive partnerships with companies like SWIFT and even other coins like Request network.
ZeppelinOS (working with OmiseGO and other big coins) calling link "industry leader" and having a partnership with them.
LINK in works for 3+ years.

If you are unironically not all in on link there is something seriously wrong with your life and you deserve to be poor.

>I think the value of the token fud is some of the strongest just because we have no idea how much they can expect to make for operating nodes

I don't think you need to get too specific about it, to be honest. You need to remember that token value is often a reflection of the perceived value of the total ecosystem, not just the transactional value of liquid tokens.

While there will be a solid core of LINK tokens transferring value to node operators, the market is also going to respond to the fact that ChainLink is performing millions and eventually billions of dollars worth of work. There's a reason people talk about this being a 2020 hold. After the first cohort of node operators start turning large profits then more and more people will want to get on board. New node operators will feel that they need substantial LINK holdings to counteract the fact they are late to the game. OG node operators will want large stacks to consolidate their competitive advantage.

The entire ChainLink ecosystem and investors and speculators are going to be competing to hold LINK tokens and that competition will create buy pressure. Don't get too bogged down in the idea that "x nodes will only need x tokens" because this project is going to be absolutely massive and the market will respond to that.

Been invested since 2014 you fucking newfag. LINK is a shitcoin but you sub 10 IQ brainlets woudn't know.

Also it's nice to have a LINK thread with so few retards in it. Turns out those filters actually work great, haha.

I've consumed most of the material relating to it since pre-ICO, I'm happy to take you up on any particular aspect if you actually want to discuss things. You're wasting your time just saying "shitcoin LOL" in a thread where people actually know what they're talking about.

I see the 10,000 number floating around for the node operators. Anyone have a citation? Because that's what I'm shooting for.

truth i think the only people still fudding just want cheap linkies before it moons

FINISH HIM

medium.com/@sergeynazarov/chainlink-an-overview-and-our-focus-14f03335b803

Helllo? Set the buy... 1 MILLION LINKIES
>the call that saved crypto

oh yea I have no doubt speculation will send it to the moon once the word spreads, but if the price (not the network and token itself which will keep operating not matter what happens) is going to have staying power that makes it somewhat immune to the inevitable bubble popping and great washout of the true shitcoins it needs to be solidly valuable and have utility.

I'm holding 30k myself and I know I want to hold as long as possible so as not wanting to neck myself when it keeps going up far beyond what i thought was possible and not have to worry so much about my token value dropping 90% because most of the value was in fact speculative, regardless of the fantastic success of the chainlink network, so it's interesting to try and establish a baseline for what the actual value of the token is.

Anyone here running a node? I have one running in a VPS right now, but I can't find any guides on how to connect it to the external adaptors.

Sergey said he only expected a small number of the 19k signups to convert and only a fraction of that was needed initially so 10k would be very high I would think.

For comparison, Bitcoin has around 6k full nodes, but then there is not really an incentive to run a bitcoin node like there would be with a chainlink node. Also chainlink nodes are significantly more technically complicated and require more effort (thomas said he wouldn't use a residential powerline for example) than a btc node. I have no idea about what the number would be initially, certainly probably less than 1k I would guess at least for the first year.

The final version of Main net is going to be set to handle 10k nodes

I appreciate what you're saying but there are too many factors at play. I think if you consider the fact that Sergey said that the expects DLTs to move more money than the current internet, and if ChainLink is going to be the entrenched first mover for getting data on and off blockchains trustlessly, then even a pure functionality baseline is a shitload of money. $10B ($10 a token) seems super conservative in the medium term.

So what will one coin in an IDEal World be Worth? Only Utility node value pls

1000 dollars.

where is this number from? i've never heard that.

yea, like I said sergey was just talking about bond interest payment data costing the member banks 10 to 20 million when there are obviously many other uses swift member banks alone would have for it. I agree that that much money could very well be moving via blockchain in the near future but how much of it will be captured by node operators is the question... especially when the whole point is to save money. $10 is completely reasonable given the market cap on many of the coins out there right now but how long can we count on this crypto bull market to continue? I'm optimistic because these things tend to play out over the course of years rather than months. But imagine if Sergey had held the ICO during the doldrums of just one or two years ago? A 10b market cap would have seemed outlandish. Maybe the cats out of the bag on these speculative values for crypto, idk and we'll never see valuations like before this summer again.

pajeets kindly fuck off

no answer, just as expected

People don’t understand, but LINK isn’t even the best part of the technology. LINK is just there to build the decentralized economy around the data providers. The real technology is the code behind smartcontract.com and the protocols Sergey and ari juels have built that allow decentralized data to interact with on chain smart contracts.

This really is biz’s big winner and I hope more bizbros take it very seriously. If they have the patience to wait 6 months, it could be very big.

>Thats why so many link bagholders also got reqt by req and bought into shit like blackmoon and whatever that shitcoin that pulled an exitscam was, lmao

Litecoin? ;^)

Rory said it in chat publically

I'm all-in on LINK in hopes of making it, but is there any other coin with similar or higher potential of entering top 15 next year while giving at least a x20 return?

Can someone explain the math of why people think the tokens won't be worth much? 10k nodes total getting 5-10 million and 350 million to 1 billion coins possible total circulation.

How many links can a node hold?

Have 2X'ed fag, what bags :^)

>>t. 150k LINK holder
fuck, you've made it. $150 million

let the fudder cry when we hit 3$ next year.

/nubiz/ hates LINK because most of the circulating supply is locked away now.

There are only 2500 wallets with over 10k LINK.

Pajeets don't have enough disposable income to accumulate or beat the Binance bots.

35k here, cold storage only, pajeets not allowed. In at 15c

we going way more than $3 for sure

>huge majority of this board is completely braindead and will miss the biggest moon mission of our lifetimes
yes, I agree. Buy Vechain.

Dat market cap of 1 trillion dollars kek

Can you post the link to the top wallets?

What is vechain?

Damn, 35k? I've only got 50

etherscan.io/token/0x514910771af9ca656af840dff83e8264ecf986ca#balances

Mainnet is scheduled to support no more than 10k nodes

Link is another shitcoin that will not be around by July

lmao who gives a shit? Fuck them.

How does LINK stack up with REQ though? Seems like REQ has a higher chance of mooning.

Just hold both

I do. But if one is much more likely to moon then that should obviously skew the portfolio %. REQ already has partnerships lined up, LINK has a rumor of Swift projects but nothing real.

Market cap isn't quite valid as a stat for crypto

I don't like chainlink because it has a shit logo. Seriously just look at it. It looks like something someone made in paint.

Aesthetics are an important part of any investment.

the logo is one of the best things about LINK.

be gone, satan.

Awwww babby's first $50k thats so cute

The logo looks like the logo of a serious tool for an industry to employ, it works for what LINK is. It names the product and has a lock to represent security. Plus that hexagon

12k Link here, am I gonna be a multi-millionaire?

You will 100% break $1 Million easy

10k nodes with 5 million coming in and 350 million coins is about $70 per coin. Is that a bad way to estimate valuation? Why diud someone say 4 cents per token is a good valuation?

CHECK YOUR CHARTS

I THINK IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!

PRICE BROKE OUT OF THE FLAG.

It's actually disgusting watching everyone disregard Chainlink and chase empty pumps instead. This is the most innovative piece of technology that financial and insurance sectors have all been waiting for and it will actually revolutionize the world and strengthen every industry it touches.

Look at Vitalik, Roger, Justin, and Charlie constantly focusing on publicity stunts, shilling, and talking about the pricing of their coins. Sergey is actually the most reliable leader in the cryptosphere focusing only on his technology and development, no bullshitting with publicity stunts. Only honest answers to honest questions when he gets the chance.

I feel like I'm taking fucking crazy pills watching all of this play out. Etherscan shows that soon 95% of all available circulating LINK will be consolidated into less than 15,000 wallets and that continues to shrink as more people try to chase pumps, they're being shaken into stronger hands. As soon as Sergey's saved up LINK is finally handed over to institutions we'll see the price jump by increments of dollars and it'll be way too for most people by then. This is so fucking ridiculous and scary in showing how stupid most of Veeky Forums actually is.