Alright Veeky Forums, let's settle it once and for all. Which card game has the best waifus?

Alright Veeky Forums, let's settle it once and for all. Which card game has the best waifus?

Bump

Rule 15

Doesn’t hurt to try

I think you mean "Rule 34"

>Dark Magician is used by the protagonist yet is a dark affinity monster.
>Blue Eyes White Dragon is used by the antagonist yet is a light affinity monster.
Has YGO always been kino?

I wouldn't really call Kaiba an Antagonist. He's more of an anti-hero if anything.

He hired psychopaths/hitmen, subjected his own brother and Yugi's grandfather to psychological torture, tore a rare card in half, and tried to murder four teenagers and a baby using everything from electrocution to chainsaws, guillotines, and falling blocks, and all because Yugi beat him once in a children's card game.

Hell, Kaiba only even gets involved in the plot so he could one day beat Yugi.

YGO has always been occultism-inspired and shit. It's not really that weird, considering that. Red eyes is also a dark monster, and is also a hero's signature card. I'd say it was a running theme early on.

I mean, shit, Yugi had Summoned Skull in his deck. Summoned Skull isn't a heroic looking card at all.

>tore a rare card in half
>mfw

I understand it's a card game anime about playing cards but that still gets me every time.

Like...someone makes the cards, either Pegasus' company or Kaiba's, or some other third party. They can't just print another one?

According to the anime, it was a gift from a friend of his back when he was an archaeologist. You also gotta remember that at the time, there were only 4 copies of Blue Eyes available.

One thing people seem to always miss about original Yugioh is that Yugi's a fucking goth.

Yugi's too nice to be a goth and Yami gets shit done.

Not every goth is an asshole, or gloomy.

Yami of course isn't a goth because he's Ancient Egyptian.

>Not every goth is an asshole, or gloomy.
The only ones who aren't tend to be attention whores.

Actually, Yugi was pretty gloomy before he made friends with everybody early in the manga.

That had more to do with the fact that he was a manlet with no friends (except Tea) who kept getting bullied and extorted by people who thought that he was an easy mark.

I think not having friends was kind of his own fault. I vaguely remember some random throwaway character in the first chapter inviting him to do something but Yugi turned him down to play with the puzzle.

Point is, Yugi basically had all the traits of a goth short of explicitly calling himself one. A little gloomy, naturally a loner, obvious interest in occultism, black leather wardrobe, he even looks like he might wear eyeliner but that might just be the manga's style. Yami moreso on the last point but that was pretty normal for Egyptian royalty.

It just so happens he also likes games and ends up becoming the world's greatest Duel Monsters player on the side.

I'm sure that most people on Veeky Forums were loners who sat alone at the lunch table while playing games on their own and I'm sure that your average fa/tg/uy wasn't a goth either.

I think there's a fair portion that had a group of friends they played Magic or YGO or some other card game with. I sure as hell was one.

Anyway, you're leaving out the wardrobe, which is a big part of being goth.

Since when has a leather outfit been a signifier of being a goth? Besides, his outfit is more blue than black.

I’d fw emrakul

Overall, Force of WIll.

Where the FUCK are the waifus

That's part anime colors being anime colors, part just being his high school uniform. Aside from the blue uniform, he usually wears black aside from early in the series where he usually wears a white undershirt. Not to mention the choker, the studded leather belt, and the studded wristbands. And the few times he wears something that doesn't incorporate his uniform, it's usually black.

Goths don't have a monopoly on leather, but leather can be goth.

If people were gonna do things in the original style of yugioh what games would you include?

>Can't they print another one?

Nope. Not unless Pegasus says so, and he's a dick.

Force of Will, pretty sure.

Isn't that the one that made Nyarlathotep a smug loli?

He also has a card as a faceless tentacle monster.

Duel Terminal has some great ones if you don't mind heaping servings of SUFFERING

I mean, he has one cardas a tentacle monster. But his other three cards are all lolis.

what does Shub-Niggurath look like? this is important

and the third loli nyarlathotep

hope you're not disappointed

There's also him in-between being a loli and an eldritch abomination

>draw a girl
>call it an eldritch abomination(male)
they can't keep getting away with this!

Well it's Nyarlathotep, half of his whole thing is shapeshifting. the other half is being a troll.

And in the storyline of FoW, Nyarlathotep and most of the rest of the "Cthulhu" creatures get sealed in human form after their first defeat, which is why many of the later Cthulhus are Human/Cthulhu like these three
Pic related is what Shubby looked like before being sealed in human form. There's also one other human-form Nyarly card that basically has the same design as the others posted already, as well as a few cards depicting another form Nyarly took before her true identity was revealed.

Thotep just pretends to be a cyte little girl when he's interacting with all of the Fairy Tales(He has a really weird relationship with Red Riding Hood).
This is what he looks like when it's time to fuck a bitch up.

Hold the fuck up. Are you seriously saying that Are from the same game as

Yeah, Kaguya (as in the Japanese fairy tale Tale of the Bamboo Cutter) fucked the Cthulhus' collective shit so hard they all became handsome men and cute girls; see the flavor text of pic related.

Those responsible have been sacked, right?

>Japanese
more likely they were promoted

It's just a really bizarre tonal shift for the art style.

Seriously, look at ! That shit is horrific!

Of course not, this is a Japanese game.

This is what Yog-Sothoth looks like in his human form, by the way.

Yeah, I'd let him fuck me.

/thread

Nah, I'm not a fan of man-chins.

Well, the early Cthulhus were intentionally not tonally consistent with the general artstyle of the game, because they're supposed to be eldritch. That said, the general art style of the game has shifted a bit in a way I can't really describe.

For example, pic related is a version of the aforementioned Kaguya printed in the same set as these cards
back in like 2015...

...and pic related was the most recent version of adult Kaguya (she has a loli form, because of course) printed this past March.

>Cant they just print another one.
If only things were so simple, but sadly card games have the most cancerous monatary schemes thanks to magic.

>tore a rare card in half
I can handle the hitmen and the murder, but this is taking it too far.

Hearthstone

Are other games even trying?

Pokemon
And not for the pokegirls

This is still the same game

Does any card game charater dress this fresh?

And it's yet another Nyarlathotep.

We had a comfy dead/obscure card game thread last week that had some nice wife fu arts.

How about some girls from GOOD generations though?

And another Nyarlathotep now with less spikes and black braid

(OP)
Wixoss is pretty great for waifus. They put out pretty great artbooks for the card art as well.

Vraska has somehow been the best waifu character in mtg since gatewatch became a thing, possibly even earlier. Mtg waifus are still pretty low tier, especially since they're always super limited in terms of art. Forget the action poses, how about a card featuring Jace and Vraska mutually enjoying a warm cup of tea?

Holy shit. Top fucking tier. Going by the Japanese text and American sensibilities, I'm going to guess that card was never released for the english market?

If Konami can update Yu-Gi-Oh erratas to nerf broken cards like Chaos Emperor Dragon, Sangan, Rescue Cat and others, why don’t they use it to buff mediocre cards like Dark Magician Girl?

they wont clean up the text themselves even for new cards why do you think they would care about old cards being good?

Cause nostalgia sells?

>Has YGO always been kino?
Kino no Tabi?

Pokegirls are in a league of their own.