Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Attentionwhore edition

>Tyranids Hive Fleets, leakers confirmed based
warhammer-community.com/2017/10/31/codex-tyranids-preview-hive-fleet-adaptations-oct-31gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=yu-gdWjW7PE&list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Craftworld Eldar codex(thank you user)
>PDf
sendit.cloud/c7e7s4kue55i
>Epub
sendit.cloud/1wuv5xrub183

First for fist

Traps are not gay.

I hope Hive Fleet Kronos has a trippy color scheme to show they are space/warp related.

And only

What hive fleet should I play? I mostly just have a lot of stealers since I share them between my big army and cult army.

He said FIST, you dust-flounder!

God fucking dammit I am so salty. I switched from nids to ad mech in 7th because nids were a pile of hot shit and ad mech were fucking bonkers, just for g dubs to switch everything around on me.

You have my attention. Now where is the whore?

>still has all three blades intact
user what are you doing

I fucked up

>picking an army for its rules strength

You deserved it.

Maybe you should find an army you like and play it regardless of tier instead of fotm fag shit.

That's what you get for being unfaithful, the voidmother provides

I hope those planning to play Jormungandr go and paint things up in more this style. So much good detail is lost when people paint it like that.

You 100% deserve it you WAACfag piece of shit

Which Hivefleet is best?

Jormungandr.

Ive fallen in love with blood angels fluff. Whats a good pickup after the start collecting box?

Yeah it turns out I love cogboys and can't stand painting a billion gaunts

>voidmother

Right here

kraken genestealers
3d6 pick the highest advance
use the stratagem that doubles the result
then charge, because swift and deadly

Those are Phil Kelly's nids you disrespectful little cunt

The only good homebrew to come out of 1d4chan, and that's only because they replace killer organic bioweapons with killer lava monsters.

Emperor's teeth, that does look familiar.

You mean you want them to use yellow instead of black for the flesh areas?

I usually prefer light flesh and dark carapace too, but on schemes where the entire organism is meant to be darker, it sometimes just doesn't work.

>Phil Kelly

More like Phag Kunty

Phil Kelly is a human, humans can be wrong, and in this case, Phil Kelly is wrong with how he painted his nids. Some of his later ones weren't as bad, but, by the stars it just looks half assed.

It's more about complementing the color scheme. Black and Yellow complement one another rather well (yes I get painting yellow on black is hard, however, priming white, painting black and yellow on that is easy). Even if the underside isn't a bright yellow and a more defused color that blends in better (say an earthy mud like color as much as that would be jarring to the yellow, though that could be replaced with said mud color as a whole) it would give a nice way to bring out the details via highlights, shading, washes, ect instead of "Lol I spray primed black, painted a bit of yellow and blue on!"

>+1 to hit against enemies within 12''
Something like that would be delightful for Enclaves

>in melee

What is the Furries and Vampires Chapter Tactics going to be?

Which craftworld is the cutest

oh fug, it would make melee a lot more viable. Heres hoping for fusion blades and onager gauntlets again

depends on the unit, behemoth deepstrikers with adrenal glands have a 66% chance of a turn 1 charge.

>implying people will follow the colour scheme for the hive traits

I don't know why people expect other to do this. Especially for Nids. Like I can see someone painting the fluff paint schemes but no one is going to paint half their army Kraken and the other Behemoth and then have another few models painted Kronos.

This is the ideal Scion army. You may not like it but this is what peak list building looks like

Shooting and melee.
Really synergize with close range and the up close and personal. Would make breachers great too.

Is there a visual difference between a Trygon and a Trygon Prime?

Death Company. Be sure to run them with Astorath or Lemartes if you want them to be useful. It's also fluffy.

Well, Primes are only divisible by themselves and 1.

slightly different head crest iirc

whats that vehicle model?

Guys why are the autarchs so fucked in the new Craftworld™ Aeldari™ Asuryani™ Codex like seriously there's not even a datasheet for one with a WJG and the normal one only gets a sword wtf

I hear Iyanden has some cute pockmarks where its living quarters used to be

Deep strike with jump pack and hope for a 9 inch charge?

Just Lemartes, Astorath a shit

Crassus I believe.

The character on the right is what, a psyker?

GW doesn't want third parties to make money off their ip so now they have no options

>there's not even a datasheet for one with a WJG

be greatful it means you can still take an autarch with options

>Saim Hann
Cute if you like angry gaelic elf barbarians

>Iyanden
Pro: Iyanna
Con: Everyone's sad after Hive Fleet Kraken

>Biel Tan
Nope

>Alaitoc
Too puritanical, though maybe prissy virgins are your thing

>Ulthwe
Goth elves only

Take your pick

They all fit neatly into the tank, right?
I wonder how it would do against the 13 GK character list from last thread.

If you DS them, bring Lemartes since he allows rerolls for failed charges.

Astorath lets DC negate morale which they desperately need, and his Mass of Doom rule is amazing if you use it to charge blobs of DC in the same turn.

the mobile pillbox is a Crassus Armored Assault Transport

Very true, I mean, most are just going to do grey tide. IDK what three colors are easiest to paint.
There is a mouth piece that is different, kind of big mouth pincers for the prime.

If they let you just kitbash whatever you like, they might make less money, since you might use bits from another company. Better to ensure the rules encourage, as heavily as possible, sticking to their incredibly expensive kits.

Trygons are a small biotitan, right?

Why would the hive mind ever make a biotitan that isn't also synapse? For one thing, it's gonna be the centre of attention anyhow and took a shitton of biomass to produce, and for another do you really want your Hierophant to wander off because it's babysitter died?

neat

I find it cute that they all live in the friendship van.

Autarch Skyrunner seems basically fine

Foot Autarch got a half-decent melee weapon, and is a super cheap buff aura

Swooping Hawk one is pretty garbage tho

WJG you can still use the Index

>Furries
Roll 3 dice for morale and pick the lowest result

>Vampires
Reroll against . Against , roll two dice for morale and pick the highest result.
Nice and fluffy.

different tail and mandibles

Post everything of GSCB.

I really need to get one of those.

Problem with the Index one is that you lose out on the Warlord CP generator, since the Index one has its own definition for the special rule, and the FAQ says to use the Index rules with the Codex costs.

Tell me more. Im starting this army out of nothing so could you give me 5 must have units?

Did you not keep the nid army? Surely you're not the kind of faggot who only has models for their rules, and sells them when they go to shit, are you?

What are its stats? From the way it looks, I'm guessing T8, at least 15 wounds and either a 2+ or 3+ save

I like ulthwe colors but I hate guardians

We can all agree that a Weirdboss would be the tightest shit, right?

T8 20W 3+, can transport 35 models.

ulthwe is the wraith faction now, thanks to their trait.

By that logic, why don't they upload Swarmlord into a biotitan?

guardians are the shit git gud

T8 20W 3+ M10/7/4, Transport 35, can take 4 heavy flamers and a storm bolter, and shoot them all after advancing while the Catachan driver cackles madly, since it's an LOW choice that can't take orders and can carry any regiment, so it has no reason to be anything else.

>transport variant
>not Katyusha Launcher variant
disdain for plebs

Yep, it's not ideal. WJG Autarch was pretty mediocre anyway though, so it's nbd

Reroll wounds against buildings

I think making a bug a synapse creature means also giving it some degree of intelligence and with that comes self-preservation and awareness. It also probably costs as much biomass as making something really tough.

The big bugs (trygons, carnifex, harusepex are all non-synapse because they need to lack any sort of self-preservation and be able to have an arm shot off and keep going.

Saying that, I'm pretty sure hierophants have synapse.

In regards to that leaked Stratagem list, what the hell is an Infestation node?

genestealer buttholes

Pardon? Is this a new rule or model?

I shall remind them today

Yea but taking a blob of death company with Jump packs plus with good equipment is about 1/4th of your points another 143 going to astorath and you will want to probably bring about 2 blobs which may leave you with very few actual points for other things like Actual Anti-armour or Anti-Infantry

They don't, but they also don't have instinctive behavior.

Depends on what formation you want to run. If youre going for vanilla brigade, you'll need troops. Scouts are better and more cost effective than tacticals but lack their versatility so YMMV. Get some Rhinos or razorbacks to transport your dudes. Or if you like flavors and fluff, dropping some dudes out of Stormravens is cool. Just don't be that guy and spam Stormravens. Priests are good hqs for melee dudes since they increase strength for nearby units. Assault terminators are also great and a fluffy choice since our dirst company uses so many of them. DC blobs with Lemartes is fluffy and not bad, but you'll get better mileage out of Vanguard Vets with jump packs and kitted out. Mephiston also makes a great beatstick, but for the love of god, always cast Shield of Sanguinius on him.

Also be prepared to be the most looked over chapter with it's own unique dex. GW seems to hate us.

>what is Supreme Command?

That's why you put it in a supreme command if you want the doctrine.

The weird plant things on the genestealer sprue I assume.

If Swarmlord is anything to go by, a synapse doesn't need self preservation because it's stored as a pattern in the hive mind.

They probably aren't true individuals the way any other race is, but if you imagine the hive mind as a computer network, each synapse is a subroutine with enough personal awareness to run it's body and nearby animal-level nids without constant micromanagement from the composite intelligence.

I'm glad i instinctively picked a bee colorscheme beforehand

Why'd the make the Ynnari revolve around such dumb looking characters? Elf death god could have been pretty coold, but we get this, a half tranny and some guy who flunked out of incubus school.

>wanting a shitty missile launcher when you can get a bitching transport for a hundred points less than a land raider

So it'll be an upgrade now? Neat

That is a really nice way of doing it as well. Got any others to show off?

nice hive fleet Rdnagnumroj

I used all my Tyranid Buttholes as objective markers

What do I replace them with?

nah, they just spawn these tokens when they are put into reserve and can pop out of them.

How many points is this army? 2k?

>At least we got the cat model out of it so it's not all bad