EDH/COMMANDER GENERAL

This Triggers the Maro Edition

Previously: >Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread question
What do you think is the best spot removal in each color? You may include colorless if you so choose.

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/izzet-edh-arjun-eggs/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shoot-that-adamaro-adamaro-edh-primer/.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-11-17-kess-storm/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/big-bad-monstrosities/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wanna build Salvaging Station. Maybe I could work it into my WB artifacty partners deck? Opinions? Marionette Master, Salvaging and Origin Spellbomb seems spicey.

White: Swords to Plowshares
Blue: Dissipate (Cyclonic Rift if you think Dissipate is cheating)
Black: Go for the Throat (Silence the Believers is probably next on the list)
Red: Chaos Warp, no question
Green: Beast Within
Colorless: Duplicant

Honorable mentions: Return to Dust, Path to Exile, Pongify, Chainer’s Edict, Vandalblast, Mizzium Mortars, Acidic Slime, Reclamation Sage.

Swords to the Plowshares
Go for the throat
Counterspell
Song of the dryads
Disk

I modified this Arjun eggs deck
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/izzet-edh-arjun-eggs/
I found on tappedout and included salvaging station in it to retrieve my eggs. The deck is a fucking lot of fun to run.

W- swords, path if your group has tarded deckbuilding habits
U- cyclonic rift, it makes me hard thinking about that value
B- kcommand, lol
R- chaos warp, Ive straight up won with this card because Ive hit gold. Fuck maro
>G- beast within, because its too good

>counterspell

I want to build an adamaro deck, as it's the first legendary creature I have ever had. gonna follow this list tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shoot-that-adamaro-adamaro-edh-primer/. thoughts?

Blue: Dissipate, Void Shatter if counterspells are allowed, otherwise cyclonic rift
Black: Snuff Out,Hero's Downfall, Dismember
Red: Chaos Warp
Green: Beast Within, Terastodon
Colorless: both Ulamogs, Spine of Ish Sah, Duplicant, Karn Liberated

That's all just my favourite spot removal in those colours

Sounds too light on instants to not have Veldaken Orrery, Gamble wouldn't hurt.

What's the point of building a deck if you just follow a list someone else made?

What's the point of playing the game if you don't play optimally?

I am not going to copy this list obviously, or I wouldn't have asked advice from you guys, I'm using it as reference. If you have other, better lists for me to check out I'd be grateful. I have to follow some lists cause I don't own most of these cards, so I have to start somewhere. I agree with you though

>Thread question

Swords
Go for the throat
Pongify
Acidic Slime
Lightning Bolt

Is there a good Magic the gathering free game for windows or android?

Yes.

It just looks like a typical mono-red goodstuff/artiact deck with random grouphug thrown in. Seems pretty weak friendo

which one? Magic online make me pay for cards, doesn't it?

Yes.

>no mention of Reality Shift anywhere to be seen
You plebeians disgust me.

Oblivion ring
Murder
Lightning bolt
Reality acid
Beast within

Is Thing in the Ice a good card for Kess storm?

How the fuck do you even win with this guy?

I am very happy that we haven't seen magical hack type cards in 4 years.

Whats the most winningest deck in commander 3vs1? Asking for a friend...

Swords to Plowshares
Pongify
File Not Found
Chaos Warp
Beast Within

FCT

Willbreaker works pretty well once you have a ton of mana.

>Reality Shift
>Giving your opponent potential card advantage

thanks

Is it better to focus it on the voltron aspect or the everyone-draws aspect for adamaro? I'm leaning towards the latter, but I'd like to hear your opinions.

No.

At best, it exiles one of their creatures and exile-mills them for 1 if it's an instant or sorcery, at worst they effectively get to draw a creature card, that could be blown up by just about any amount of damage

Tasigur can use to to deck people with infinite mana.

Anyone want to help me out?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/01-11-17-kess-storm/

I'm looking for budget upgrades, or cards you guys think aren't very good that I should take out. Budget, I'm talking >5 a card. I've sank a lot of money into the deck recently, so I'd really rather not buy the manarocks yet. And, I know I need a Tendrils, and probably Exsanguinate. Any other tips?

I also have a Yawgmoth's Will, but it's pretty fucking mint and I think I'm gonna send it off to get graded instead of playing it. and then Ill buy one in really shitty condition for loads cheaper

You are going to kind of need both to make him work. Pure voltron he's meidocre, and pure draw he can't connect

>grading a $40 card

reserved list. PSA 9's are ~55-65 from what I can find. I don't need to sell the card any time soon. So, you know, I'll just sit on it.

>Send it off to get graded
Top kek.

Problem with Rakdos VS Neheb is that you are much more locked with creatures, Neheb is not as powerful on the creature-part, but he also has the advantage/disadvantage of being mono-colored; Less card-draw and removal, but all the fun stuff of mono.

I also already have Mazirek, Samut and Edgar as creature-decks, so I want something a bit different, but I also want to use the Eldrazi I don't use elsewhere

>counterspell
>spot removal

Neheb really shines with the Blaze /fireball variants

oh baby nice 8888

Just play with it you fag.

>opponent casts a spell near me

No, the only creatures worth running for kess storm are baral, JVP, and dark confidant

Quads confirms counterspells aren't spot removal, Blue eternally btfo

Thread Question
>W: StP, Path, Oblation
>U: Pongify, Rapid Hybridization, Reality Shift
>B: Doom Blade, Gate to Phyrexia
>R: Chaos Warp
>G: Beast Within

Is tappedout going slow or just plain acting odd for anyone else? It's being a pain to upload decks and just taking long times to load

How does Part the Waterveil work with Rebound?

I'm experiencing the same.

>Part the Waterveil
It doesn't, as part of resolution of the spell it exiles itself, and rebound never has a chance to trigger.

It doesn't. Rebound is a replacement effect that is applied to the event of putting the card into your graveyard as it resolves. Part the Waterveil exiles itself before that event would happen, so there's nothing for Rebound to replace.

Black: hero's downfall
White: swords to plowshares
Red: chaos warp
Fuck blue
Green: beast within

White has path of exile and plowshares
Blue has reality shift and pongify
Black has fatal push or go for the throat
Red has chaos warp and lightning bolt
Green has pounce and beast within

I'd run Notion Thief too

is caged sun in Zada worth it? I feel like the game should be over before I can really extract value out of it

Giving a shitload of goblins +1/+1 is also value

I've played it and it can help you get back from a blowout. I have also just killed somebody like it was a Krenko deck with slightly larger goblins.

>playing alesha in 3 player game
>other players just ramping
>draw nothing but mana and one beetle back chief
>draw into mirror entity
>accidentally kill them both by turn 5
they both quit for the day

Did you omit that you drew Sol Ring and Mana Crypt or something? I call bullshit

that's what I meant when I said I drew nothing but mana. Had sol ring, mardu banner and 2 lands that tap for 2. Swung for 32 on turn 4

>Thread question
Blue: Cyclonic Rift
Black: Victim of Night
Red: Chaos Warp
Green: Beast Within
Colorless: Spine of Ish Sah (for combo potential)

>mardu banner
People actually play those pieces of hot garbage?

it's only like a $60 dollar deck

Maybe they don't have darksteel ingot?

>Sol Ring in a casual deck ruins an entire game night
BAN IT ALREADY

Why not? Gives you all the wedge colors and potential draw a card if you need it:

If you're in those three colors alone it's basically another commander sphere. It's not great, but it works.

Unless you need the redundancy, Darksteel ingot + commander sphere basically take up the slot that mardu banner fits in.

I guess, do you already play Commander's Sphere, Darksteel Ingot, Cultivator's Caravan? Or a dozen other rocks that tap for colorless but have other great upsides and are less than 50 cents.

Commander sphere costs 0 mana to sacrifice, that's huge.

I play both, actually, in my Mardu and Temur colored decks.

if it's that cheap I guess I'll upgrade next time I'm at the shop.

What's stopping me from cramming every version of this card into a deck and winning every time

>Cultivator's Caravan
As if anyone actually plays that shit

Removal. Combo. Synergy. Aether Snap.

He's playing a beatdown deck, it can be useful then. Also surprisingly good at stopping people from attacking you if left untapped.

>Mardu and Temur

Mardu I can see because those colors dont lend well to color fixing.

But why Temur? You have access to massive card draw and color fixing, I cant see the need for a banner.
The fact it has zero protection, and otherwise is a pretty vanilla beater.

the power 3 or more limitation hurts too much because my alesha is nothing but 2 power or less cards

I can see what you mean, but you can tap multiple creatures, and don't you play any anthems?

Alesha can only reanimate things with 2 or less attack, is what he means.

Caravan isn't a creature so he wouldn't be able to reanimate it regardless of what its power is.

I do but they aren't terribly common. Deck focuses heavily on reliably filling the board every turn and less on anthem effects

Ah, right, of course.
Regardless, Caravan doesn't provide much to an Alesha deck. I wouldn't run it.

I'm not arguing that it is good enough, but I'd run it over Mardu Banner every time.

Another worthwhile benefit to it is that it can give a form of pseudo-haste to creatures you play, by tapping them to activate the caravan and attack.

I'm still new and shit at this game so I've been using edhrec to find some commanders to build decks with.

I'm failing to understand how to use this card as a commander. Is he only good for skullclamp fodder? How do you make Squee good? Is he even good?

Nope, he is not particularly good.
He has a few fun synergies but overall they aren't strong enough to justify make a deck out of it.

Spiciest deck you've ever seen / deck that after you played with/against it you immediately wanted to go again. What's her name /EDH/?

Yeah, I'd run it over Mardu Banner, in some situations, but I'd run Command Sphere over all of it, and the signets/Darksteel Ingot over Caravan.
He has plenty of inexpensive Mana rocks to pick from, many of which outclass both Caravan and the keyrune.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/big-bad-monstrosities/

Probably the most hillarious deck I have, because you get the satisfaction of plopping down a huge bomb or ten every turn.

>mfw beat 3 cEDH decks with Anya

I got a round of applause for winning with boros

Even if you happened to win at a real cEDH table with Boros, that doesn't change the fact that it's probably just an outlier on a long list of defeats.

The deck is doing real good against them, that said it wouldnt do well against most other kinds of decks

What kind of Boros list do you have that can interact with combo/storm? Do you run Boros stax?

Vanilla beater and pretty dead draw in the mid to late game

For that matter, what sort of "cEDH" lists we talking about here?

Thrasios/Tymna, Kess storm, RUG stuff
its an abstract kind of stax, making list now

>32 mana on turn 4

Beetleback Chief, Mirror Entity and Alesha are 5 total creatures on board. If he pumped them all with Mirror Entity, it's only like 8 mana on turn 4, which is entirely possible.