Why did we go from people like this to normies wanting to copy Netflix series?

Why did we go from people like this to normies wanting to copy Netflix series?

How do we recover the Grognard hobby?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jFhgupR565Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>wanting loud retarded know it all's back in the hobby

no thanks

>wanting normies and roasties taking over the hobby

no thanks

The only good grodnard is the one on the floor getting his ass kicked.

I knew people like that back then. I don't want to go back.

>unironically wanting grogs
Go take a fucking shower

I don't see either taking over the hobby. I see an influx of rules-light and/or narrative gamers instead. Fortunately the rules-light and/or narrative systems serve as containment games for them.

But the CR crew are also loud and retarded

It's only because of that series I got my friends invested in the game, and they're great players. Fuck you.

-we don't.
-normies bring hygeine and sexual desirability to the hobby
-we bring expertise.

Don't fight it user, you might get laid.

>m-m-muh secret club!

I bet a few years ago you were the faggot that was trying his damnest to bring chicks to the table.

>No geek culture.
>Cultured people from various backgrounds put their knowledge into games.
>Example: The vampires take a lot from the Etruscans, since the author did an essay about mediteranean civilizations in northern Italy, with some elements from chinese folklore that he read in an obscure anthropographic report because he thought it was neat.

>Geek culture
>Circlejerk and rehearsal of the same ideas.
>Example: The vampires are a melting pot drawing from the most famous cultural icons of the moment.

Hence dumbed down, standardized settings and stories.

But the pic in OP has like three, if not four, chads.

Ku sorcery in Chinese ethnohistory is fucking dope.

Don't bother, OP, Veeky Forums is infested with normalfags.

>normalfags
That's a term only normies use

>Normies
That is a term that only normalcools and /r9k/ers use.

>tfw this is basically true and a lot of the hardest geek culture types really have no general culture whatsoever outside pop memes

You think NORMIES are cultured and intelligent? Are you fucking stupid? All they care about is the latest explosion based movie or autotuned pop singers with huge fake titties. They're the ones that would have standardized, brain dead rehashes. Most of them didn't even pass their way through school because they were too busy on drugs and fucking whores and getting disease. Fuck the normies.

Geek culture produces folks that pass of High School tier bullshit as gospel truth on Veeky Forums.

Normies also includes people with advanced degrees that have actually done research and published and held an academic job coping with that social environment.

Just because you read a penguin softcover in the Byzantines doesn't make you an expert in anything.

I've been playing TTRPGs for two decades and most of the people I've played with have been decidedly normal human beings. The grogs have always been something to avoid, because they drag down games with their autism and stink up your house.

If you feel you can't fit in with the average D&D group due to being a huge grog, just take a shower and be less of a cunt.

Hey Veeky Forums

Can I get a (You) from everybody who thinks it's hilarious that fags like OP constantly worry about OUTSIDERS IN MUH SEEKRIT GAMES

I know lad, but its fun to taunt them. Make them know we remember better times and they will never be able to experience them

I wonder what the correlation is between being a fat disgusting sack of shit who smells like a barnyard and refuses to shower and being an autistically detailed belligerent asshole rules lawyer.

Have a double.

I would add that "Geek culture" is very much about showing off and following trends, where as "no culture" just play games they find interesting, regardless of how old or new.

It's the difference between a dude who has an old Ferrari he takes good care of and drives around once in a while, and the dude with a Ferrari as his profile pic/avatar, talks on and on about Ferrari and own all Ferrari merchandise besides an actual car.

(You)

I can understand in this case. Third party testing is a major part of this particular hobby and if a games being tested among a group of neckbeards the results and the influence on the final rulebooks will be very different compared to a test group of normies.

More the merrier and the success of the hobby in recent years is fantastic but casualisation is a legitimate concern.

>Casualization is a laegitimate concern
>Listening to neckbeards gave us Pathfinder
>Open playtest gave us 5e

I fail to see the benefit of closing off the community.

and those people don't make games or books.

Kek, people who still buy from GW are part of the "normie" problem. You're the ones allowing them to split rulebooks down into supplements, model prices to keep going up, the fluff to turn into atrocious "narrative" books and all that.

I do love me some Oldhammer though. Great community.

Do you have any idea what it's like to actually be a researcher and not some meme faggot? They look like people in OP. They're autistic as shit, they have weird personality quirks that make them pretty much non-functional in the normal world.

This is what REAL intelligence looks like, not women researching feminist fish in the Atlantic ocean bollocks

>Tough talk from pisspants little millennial faggot.
Get triggered.

>Neckbeards wanted a game famous for being full of trannies.

Any way why the fuck do you role playing faggots care? You can pretend to be an elf no matter the system. There's no rules only cheetoes!

>photo
Where's the women? POC? Gays? Transgender? Fluid? Furrykin? Disabled? Unabled? Transnigger? Transformer? Attack Choppers?

Old hammer is fantastic. I just picked up a bunch of shit to make a 2nd edition 40k army. I almost want to paint them as blood angels for nostalgia sake

The CR crew are unfunny dickpockets and so are your group. Checkmate, fucko.

Why not tho?

>full of trannies
I still love how one or two sentences is enough to make you pearl clutching retards scream full of trannies.

Because I want to paint them up as a different chapter.. I'm thinking of doing a Primaris army to dick around with so why not paint them the same? Aurora chapters pretty badass, as are nova marines. Really tempted to do the Red Hunters though.

>any idea
Just finished my Master's in a department I've known for years beforehand.

>They look like people in OP.
Well adjusted?

>real intelligence looks like
The way you describe an academic department you'd think they all stink of unwashed ballsack and unwiped asshole.

>Where's the women? POC?
Look at the pic
> Gays? Transgender? Fluid? Furrykin? Transnigger? Transformer?
Impossible to assume with only a pic
>Disabled?
I count at least 5 ginger
>Attack Choppers?
right behind you

>researchers are always socially ankward
I'll take stale clichés form 1930, Bruce.
You have bullies putting nerds in lockers, too?

>Well adjusted
Nigger there's a guy wearing a goddamn faggot poet shirt. They're not well adjusted by any ones standards.

>goddamn faggot poet shirt
You mean a nice vest?

I'm starting to think the stenchlord around here is you and you're trying to project your own shortcomings onto photos of others.

Yes, dressing like a 90's vampire movie is totally nice.

A comp "sci" department isn't what most researchers look like, no, sorry.

If you work somewhere with formal dress (ex. in an academic department) you will encounter vests of all makes and colors.

>How do we recover the Grognard hobby?
There's nothing to recover, it's still as it was. And because of the internet, it's easier to actually connect with people than ever.

If you didn't luck the fuck out with location back then, you basically had no chance of meeting fellow hobbyists outside of conventions. Sifting through retards online is preferable to driving cross-country and sifting through retards in person.

>I know nothing about FR lore since literally the word go but the fact that a line mentions trannies rustled my jimmies

Is this about miniature games? Then rest easy, no "normie" is going to pick up an hobby that requires 1000+ hours of panting toy soldiers and six-hour-per-three-turns games.

Pre painted and easy build models are becoming standard

"Geek culture" is the normies.

>hygeine and sexual desirability
Both things not needed.
>expertise
Elaborate, please.

man, what a fucking self contradictory image.
The guy who "makes and understands cool things" is using a mac, and the other guy is doing fucking raw DOS work.

In fact, it looks like he's doing some kind of goddamn BINARY CODING?

That's the entire point. The Nerd who actually understands shit is called a loser. The "geek" is cool. Even though it's clear he's not remotely geeky just a consumer

Travis and Sam are p cool and Matt is a good DM, if a bit prone to Monty Haul.

I don't know, I think that's assuming too many layers of irony on the artist's part.

>hygeine
>not needed

I don't think it's ironic. I think it's a "geek" trying to signal how much better he is

those single piece leads were real hard builds, yeah?

also, what mainstream prepainted shit is even out there, aside from x-wing? The last I can remember were the failed confrontation reboot and AT-43, which bombed hardcore and were part of why Rackham died.

If someone walks into my gaming area, privately or publicly and smells like a hunk of fried chicken someone left to rot in a catbox I'm going to straight up tell them "Don't come back until you learn to shower".

Have you even worked with lead models faggot?

>If you ignore the biggest game in the world right now then you can say they don't exist.

Fuck off. Just fuck right off with that stupidity.

yes.
Hence it's NOT the point that the guy who actually understands shit is called a loser, while the mac hipster is lauded.

They actually believe the mac hipster is more technically adept.

Someone hit me with a 'virgin v. chad' edit. Pls.

>Have you even worked with lead models faggot?
Have a box of old ral partha leads in storage with my old D&D shit, and still remember the transition all the big companies did to "white metal" way back when.

>the biggest game in the world
Hardly. But more importantly, if pre-painted is becoming the "standard", please give some more current examples of it.

Unless I'm mistaken, FFG's runewars and legions are both coming out with bare plastic miniatures, rather than pre-painted ones.

X wing is the biggest tabletop game at the moment by volume of players and money made. It dwarves everything.

This thread is more fun than the last two I saw here. Angry OP is more fun than sad, whiny OP. Even if they both 69.

To @56177557, this whole board is full of grognards who do nothing but fight among themselves over things they "love" and are now calling you an entitled little bitch who is being forced out of his safe space by actually well-adjusted people who don't use a hobby as their sole defining trait. Do you really think you'd like them better in person?

>open playtest gave us 5e
The popularity of old D&D and the OSR combined with the need to not lose all of the 4E crowd gave us 5E.

I know people look down on folks who say their hobby is "vidya" but I'm starting to think it's the same problem in the TTRPG realm; you get folks with no skill beyond the ability to read and apply a textbook to longform discussion thinking it makes them instantly intellectual (just because you're a D&D playing atheist doesn't mean your INT gets automatically set to 18) and a font of special snowflake creativity, when in reality you can go over to /wbg/ and see dozens of people trying desperately to differentiate their "notEuropes" from every other "notEurope".

>this whole board is full of grognards who do nothing but fight among themselves over things they "love"
For real, instead of going to a thread who like and have a discussion or some fun for once, all they do is bitch endlessly about "X thing I don't like in the board", "Y thing that is ruining my hobby".

Veeky Forums hating fun is not an unwarranted meme after all

It's a comparatively new phenomenon.
Veeky Forums was never stellar but maybe four or five years back one could at least hold a coherent discourse without fucking the same three arguments getting circled around every three hundred post thread.

It really doesn't unless you're so far gone than a greasy guy with a ponytail qualifies as a chad to you just because they aren't overweight or something

They're pretty easy to find if you're playing old systems. The big AD&D 1E and Original D&D forums are Grogtastic. (Knights n Knaves Alehouse, Dragonsfoot, ODD74)

If you specifically want Warhammer and old miniatures stuff you'd probably have to create a new forum of your own specifically for those. (probably excluding anything actively published by GW to prevent contamination from people insisting on posting new systems and paid shills)

Starting from left:
>Ever so slightly above average face, build while not muscular is powerful enough to show he cares, maybe a bi weekly low impact lift session or decent labor job
>Next guy, less in shape, but swarthy in that ethnically vague sense that makes liberal race traitors leave snail trails in their panties
>Awkward smile but reasonable face Appears at least well built
>couple chubby 3-4/10s
>I'd need a better shot of vest guy but I imagine he's their "face" and fairly charismatic and got all the THIKK gamer lady pucci

That's just Veeky Forums as a whole, we used to make fun of ourselves for being such losers, those people grew up and became normal folks who still browse Veeky Forums while we've been swamped by actual losers who can't even take the slightest ribbing without resorting to screaming reddit/9gag/sjw/woman/cuck/insert meme here.

>If you specifically want Warhammer and old miniatures stuff you'd probably have to create a new forum of your own specifically for those.
Been a while since I've actually taken part, but "oldhammer" has a healthy enough community.

The get togethers are mostly in the UK, though. Finding local groups in north america is a bit more difficult.

>>hygeine and sexual desirability
>Both things not needed.

>2nd from the right
>Fucking MULLET
>Grabbing his dick
>Everyone giving him a wide berth
The lad.

>a game famous for being full of trannies

You're talking about AD&D 1st Edition, right?

Because if you think that "trannie elves" just showed up in 5e, we can safely discount your statement as those of a retarded person.

Yes user, you are more intelligenter than everyone else for catching the obvious jokes others make

>hygiene
>not needed

He's talking abot Pathfinder, which admittedly nowadays is full of trannies, but started as the rallying flag for the hardcore 3.5 players.

You are now aware that Elminster has had kids both ways.

Yes, in 2E lore.
No, that wasn't the only character.

The word geek originated as an insult. Nowadays cool people call themselves geeks but haven't stopped insulting the original geeks. They just call them neckbeards and other things. Yes this is a bit disturbing.

>>a game famous for being full of trannies

>You're talking about AD&D 1st Edition, right?

Nope. Pathfinder.

As always, just play with your friends.

Normie pls go

Does it hurt to realize pretty much everyone who started this site either grew up into a normie or descended into incoherent insanity?

Isn't chad usually on the right of the image though?

It's cause the people who invented the term and grew up with in the 80's and such watched the people they used to insult for being smart grow up and become infinitely more successful then they were. That secret got out, so now the people who would have loathed to be called a geek had they been born a few decades ago call themselves it proudly since they think it somehow makes them more likely to succeed.

They didn't change, they just got better at hiding their weirdness
Faggot

I was already aware of that, and that Greenwood is an old pervert who does orgies IRL. But we really were talking about Pathfinder.

Aint't that the truth.

youtube.com/watch?v=jFhgupR565Q

>hygeine
>not needed

>manager of my FLGS constantly has AC on 1 degree below room temp
>ask him why of curiosity
>looks over his shoulder at the three guys playing AoS
>whispers that it keeps the smell down
Dude's OG as fuck too. So yeah;
>hygiene
>not needed

There is a difference between Zeus turning into a bull and a furry writing a story telling you it's okay to fuck a dog.

Consider it an act of spiritual nature rather than an act of physical nature. If you go "Man elves are faggots, I bet their gods a shemale trickster" because you think that would be cool then that's fine. That's standard fantasy faggotry which we've had for decades.

If you go "WE NEED MORE DIVERSITY! WHERES MY PRONOUNS AND DISNEY DVDS?!" then it becomes a problem.

The spirit of the content matters as much as the content it's self. There are more important aspects to the media you consume than how much it costs and how fun it is to play. Try to stop being such a little man and consider your spiritual health rather than when your Star wars tickets are able to be bought

>1 degree below room temp

>room temp
room temp is 73F. so hes keeping the room 72F so the guys dont sweat and increase their odor.