Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Somebody had to do it edition

>Latest NPC news
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/01/codex-tyranids-preview-day-3-commanding-your-swarm-nov-1gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=v0uSHdE30RU

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Craftworld Eldar codex(thank you user)
>PDF
sendit.cloud/c7e7s4kue55i
>Epub
sendit.cloud/1wuv5xrub183

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/DmR1MGf.jpg
thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/53806/all-tyranid-rumour-collections-update?page=2&scrollTo=922265
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Sisters.

>tyranids have guns that specifically murder demons

How can chaos ever recover from this

Sisters a cute!

Fourth for make tau auxiliaries great again

First for leaked fulgrim, get in here nerds:
i.imgur.com/DmR1MGf.jpg

I like these guys in red... Was tempted to make em death company colored though

nTh for las templares negras jajajaja

If Gorgon has been completely wiped out, how are they still around?

That would be a cool special character, but probably totally gimped in other ways to compensate for such a powerful weapon.

Also worth noting that mortal wounds already go through invuln saves. They are meant to be the counter to armor spam.

>Tyranids have a Walord Trait that means two armies (Grey Knights/Thousand Sons) are at a massive handicap before the game even starts.

And Nidfags will still cry and complain.

>The humans made good cover for her glittering progress, the fate of trillions ground beneath uncaring bureaucracy, milled through the stones of ten thousand wars, the dust of their souls scattered upon the tombs of long-dead heroes. An umbra of remorseless mediocrity shielded her within its bosom, the great wash of unremarked mankind a blackness far denser even than the cursed Shadow in the Warp

Humans confirmed to be far more powerful than the Tyranids.

Fucking tzeentch

>OOE was the first of a special breed of carnifex leader organisms.
OOE was an experiment/prototype for a regeneration strain which was later integrated to other Carnifex breeds

Does the Shadow in the Warp block off the webway? Like if a craftworld was attacked and the Eldar decided to bail could they take the webway out or would it be shutdown?

>Tyranids too pussy to melee the actual alpha predator
>Thinks range will save them

What's the deal with all this shitposting today?

Why would nids and GKs be fighting anyway?

Literraly not.

I seriously doubt anyone will even take that trait, if the leaker was correct about the others.

No because webway is not the warp.

>Does the Shadow in the Warp block off the webway?

No.

>Complain
>When we get shown love for the first time in decades
All this free salt is amazing.

It's just Carnac being upset that Tyranids developed adaptations to overcome the warp itself with the advent of Kronos.

What's a good way of using these? Guys at my flgs say just stick bright lances onto everything but that sounds like it gets boring after a while

>nids fighting some khorne on an unfortunate imperial hive world
>grey knights show up to crush the demonic presence
>nids start eating the grey knights

>Can we talk about the fact that they actually made a weapon that ignores ++ saves?
>what are mortal wounds
You're one dumb motherfucker aren't you?

My god new lore is getting even worse.

What sort of idiot doesn't have imgur/pastebin/youtube previews?
Low level effort.

Recommend some good modeling projects for me I've got nothing to do with army building right now

I never got to experience this leak. Which stratagems and traits were leaked?

If you're fighting a psyker army, that one will always be better, because your warlord will do all the work it could ever need to simply by existing. Neurothrope with this singlehandedly shuts down psychic armies. Only one that could be better is one that lets you take a carnifex and just physically ram your opponents models off the board.

Splinter fleets.
That and 40k lets you play in its "past". Like how GW killed Eldrad in 4e, but he still had rules.

Shuriken Cannons will actually let you hit something on the turn they walk onto the table, but they're honestly not great under anybody.

Because the race who's thing is "adapt to overcome any problems" adapted to overcome a problem?

>It's just Carnac being upset that Tyranids developed adaptations to overcome the warp itself with the advent of Kronos.

Source? And better not say the rules.

For?

why would GK bother if the nids were doing the job for them?

leave em to it, if nid win the GK job is done anyway so they can leave, if daemons win the GKs can engage them

They weren't completely wiped out.

thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/53806/all-tyranid-rumour-collections-update?page=2&scrollTo=922265

The Leviathan trait is wrong, but so far everything else has been correct, I believe.

Imperium or Eldar

Time was of the essence. The daemons were about ready to set of a big psychic whammy and the Nids weren't going to stop them in time.

Here

SoS into SoB

I want to see it done but I don't want to do it myself.

In 4th ED there was a scenario in the Daemon Hunter codex that had Tyranids being infected by Nurglite plague. Their fleet started spreading it wherever they went empowering Nurgle and risking massive daemonic invasion. It's up for the Grey knight to stop it.

No, the whole point of the webway is it avoids travelling through the actual warp.

How do you guys show ranking on your troops?

Mainly asking for Imperial Guard but other factions would be good to know as well.

>Literally 'I had a super forcefield so you didn't kill me' the race

Because the ijnquisition is filled with a bunch of lunatics and instead of thinking logically, their presiding inquisitor could just say fuck it, both enemies are distracted, lets go and kill them now

If it reallt triggers your aitism, then you could just say thr grey knights were deployed but yhe shadow hit and the daemons flickered out of existance as the first pods dropped

>Reading comprehension
Why do the retards always have to reply.

There's two ways, stick lances on them and never move or stick shiriken cannons and out flank them. The former is a better use imo

I dont.
Because I actually finish paintung my armies.

Every faggot that want to do too much end up fielding a grey tide.

Eldar you could do a Craftworld themed customised wraithlord.

Imperium... maybe for Sentinels in the process of negotiating difficult terrain

>numarines legion out of ass
>Necron possesed by Lucius
>"overcome" nid fleet and plague marines died from poison and plague
>necrons destroyed by plague
>adapt to realm of madness

If you're gonna ask me for an answer and not accept what I'm gonna say why bother asking?

Yes, that was Daemons. And now it's not because Tyranids out-adapted their super-forcefield.

The time has come and so have I.

Explain why they didn't adapt against the Necrons weaponry and choose only to avoid them then?

Are any Dakkafex loadouts a good idea, or should a Carnifex always bring a close combat weapon?

reminder that these are fantastic units now

>all those spelling errors
Fucking phoneposting is a plague

Some splinters of Gorgon escaped into space. One of its hiding bioships attacked Pech in 999 41M.

You mad at those Necron nerfs?

That was old fluff.
Wait for the codex :)

They have adapted to Necron weaponry. They avoid tomb-worlds because there's little to no biomass/because the pylons fuck with synapse and they haven't evolved a counter to that yet.

>literally 'you beat the shit out of me with that thing, so i figured out a way to stop that thibg from workiing: the army'
FTFY

If you want to paint them "realistically", I think only Mordians would be idiotic enough to tell enemy snipers who to single out for murder, even though 8E won't let you do things like snipe out sergeants.

Yes.
Being literally immune to warp.
>Lol you got warp aids.
What.

Because they don't have biomass, not saying daemons do but their pets most certainly do

Nobs are bigger, Bosses bigger yet.

>"Oomans are pink and soft, not tough and green like da Boyz. They'z all the same size too, so they'z always arguing about who's in charge, 'cos no way of telling 'cept fer badges an' ooniforms and fings. When one of them wants to lord it over the uvvers, 'e says "I'm very speshul so'z you gotta worship me", or "I know summink wot you lot don't know so yer better lissen good". Da funny fing is, arf of 'em believe it and da over arf don't, so 'e 'as to hit 'em all anyway or run fer it. Wot a lot of mukkin' about if yer asks me. An' while they'z all arguing wiv each other over who's da boss, da Orks can clobber da lot"

Alternatively:
American education system

It wasn't plague. It was literally contagious rust.

So basically, Daemons and nids are the two retard children who keep one-upping eachothers imaginary bullshit whilst everyone else looks on uncomfortably.

I say we leave them in the corner wanking over their forcefields and forcefield destroyers and carry on with our finger guns.

Increase T, reduce +.
>Spinning optimal sequences.

>Get into fight with space kangs and waste time/biomass in pointless fight that won't give you materials you can get elsewhere far easier
>Avoid them and eat tasty abhumans instead
Gee, I wonder.

>They have adapted to Necron weaponry.

Sure they have, bugfag.

>tfw you just wanted to post an anecdote in /wip/ and it turned into virgins cuckposting

No, I'm mad about stupidity of new fluff.
It's even worse than 5th ed Wardian fluff.

>Painting a single shoulder differently is too hard

I thought in 40k you just sniped the guys not wearing helmets if you want to take out command units..

>bitching about a weapon that ignores invul saves when such weapons have existed since the start of the edition.
Do tell how my "reading comprehension" is wrong. Hell, the gun is less powerful than mortal wounds since it's only ap-1

Tyranids do it at least pseudo-scientifically/believably. Daemons are "lol it's literally space magic" so it's boring as fuck.

As the codex dictates.

Sjow me a single fully painted army with that thing.
Just 1 (ONE) single army.

>two armies (Grey Knights/Thousand Sons) are at a massive handicap before the game even starts.
Three* Tzeentch Daemons too.
Gonna love when my Pink Horrors forget Smite.

And when my 1d6 Smites will be unusable as I'll kill myself.

He said adapted not become immune.

On Shadowbrink there were GK trying to secure the Warp gate when the Nids arrived and ate them. That triggered a daemonic incursion. Then the Nids ate them too.

Then you are a total moronic idiot. That's not "outadapting". That's a fucking feature of the Shadow in the Warp.

In Valedor campaign there was a formation of that featured all the major synaptic creatures. Its special rule is the Null Zone. The concentration of these synaptic creatures empowered the Shadow in the Warp so much that it created a zone of psychic deadness that causes daemons to materialise and psykers powers to totally shut down.

Like I said, it's an application of the Shadow in the Warp and not a unique adaptation. And the fucking rule you refer has no lore in it.

So I am playing a parking lot guard player this weekend as chaos soup (mostly death guard). I kind of want to rush him with a bunch of big stuff which would be fun and risky, but I could also just run an insane amount of lascannons, and melt away all of his stuff. Should I play it safe or go full speed ahead?

eh feels contrived but okay fine
I feel like this is the sort of thing the hive mind could deal with, fuckin ward
okay this I can live with, GK strike team stranded on planet imminently about to get nommed desperately fighting their way to some kind of transport or defending an astropath choir in a desperate attempt to get important daemon related message through the shadow.... does rather rely on the shadow in the warp interfering with teleportaria though

>carnac is THIS MAD tyranids are now canonically more threatening than chaos and the chaos gods are scared of them
HAhahaha

>They have adapted to Necron weaponry.

Citation needed.

I thought Tyranids ate metal?

>reminder that these are fantastic units now
Until enemies use them as "immune from being shot"

>Implying I'm Carnac
>Implying I care about Chaos
>Implying the Necrons don't easily defeat the Tyranids, build the pylons and save the galaxy

Oh, it's universally true in fantasy settings that you always shoot the most naked targets first. Letting a wizard or cleavage-armoured opponent live is how you lose in a hurry.

For Imperial Guard, I am amused that GW has managed to justify Commissar hats, now that any intelligent sniper wants to keep the enemy Commissar alive as long as possible, so he can help the sniper kill more Guardsmen.

What are you talking about? Nids are just as bad. "FOOLS, you have used the ultra-nidkiller 500 too many times, now we have developed an immunity to it....somehow" It's incredibly boring when everytime the reason why nids win is because they "Outadapt" the enemy and lose because they didn't adapt quick enough.

Whatever you want to do that seems the most fun.

>I thought Tyranids ate metal?
They have uses for metal but if you end up with a fuckton of metal disproportionate to the other materials you need you're bottlenecking your production.

One, that's not Carnac.

Two, the Tyranids are canonically inferior to Chaos

Three, Slaanesh slapped the Hivemind and laughed as it ate Eldar souls. Scared my rock hard ass.

In GK codex was a battle when Nids invaded world infested with daemons, and Grey Knights arived to secure some artefact.
It was Daemons vs Nids vs GK.
At the end GK Grand Master wass pissed and ordered orbital bombardment on his position(terminator armour protected GK) secured artefact and do Exterminatus.

>I thought Tyranids ate metal?

They eat everything except necron living metal and the Hive Mind does not want to mess with C'tan which is another reason why the Tyranids will never engage Necrons if they can avoid them.