Does anyone still play the old Palladium TMNT games, and related ones like After the Bomb and Ninjas & Superspies?

Does anyone still play the old Palladium TMNT games, and related ones like After the Bomb and Ninjas & Superspies?

I'd consider it. TMNT and Palladium Fantasy are the only good games that Palladium ever made. Anything with MDC is trash by default.

Very true. Erick Wujcik was the brains behind Palladium. RIP, man.

I usually run ATB during the holidays as my weekly real life D&D group has attendance issues this time of year. I’ve always loved the ATB setting. It was my first RPG. Character creation is fun but slow.

Is there any good place to run or discuss these games online?

Was their Robotech stuff any good?

Pretty good, true to the (American) show. It was the only place Mega-Damage and MDC made a lick of sense.

Only ever played RIFTS and Splicers, but due to Dimensional fun one guy I played with was an After the Bomb hedgehog. Big furry.

Dimensional Fungi? From Yuggoth?

AtB was anthro animals before furries became a dirty word and unfortunately tainted the whole game.

I still regularly play Rifts and I agree with this, their S.D.C. games are substantially better games. S.D.C. melee combat is straight up fun.

Good place? No. All they do on their official forums is dismantle each others replies and passive aggressive "better than thou" fashion and the subreddit is dead. Best convo you will get is on here and then it will be 50% seimbeida/rifts trash talking.

I roll out Rifts, Chaos Earth and After The Bomb on occasion for short games between story arcs in the other games for fun. So long as everyone goes into them it taking anything too seriously and plays with the rules as guidelines mentality it's a blast.

I tried that but it's hard to run oneshots with Palladium games because chargen takes hours and eats up the whole session.

I played a superheroes Palladium game. great fun. I played Wolverine with Lay on Hands and resurrection type healing powers, had a huge health pool, was a veteran of every American war since 1860, and spoke 5 languages due to my travels (Spanish, French, German, Chinese from that stint in Shanghai, and English). Since I had taken Piano lessons since a young age, I also happened to be one of the worlds best pianists.

It was great fun, we stopped when the GM moved and we started on something else. we houseruled that SDC would act as HP (since bad guys were often supervillains), but crits would go to HP iirc.

Who does one-shots with character generation in any game that is medium crunch or higher?

Hand out pregens son.

>some people start with a knife, maybe an AR
>meanwhile guy gets a fucking Glitter Boy power suit

This shit is why RIFTS failed. Balance was at best a tertiary consideration

I'd put the blame more solidly on the gross mismanagement by good old Uncle Kevvy than anything else.

>TMNT and Palladium Fantasy are the only good games that Palladium ever made
Recon was their best title

>Balance was at best a tertiary consideration
If you play Rifts (and it's "Rifts", not "RIFTS") then balance was at best a tertiary consideration for you anyway. The single biggest problem with Palladium, as suggests, was old chuckles here.

Hey Joe

Played in a short series of games a few years ago. Our team was insane due to the random tables: a time traveling viking crocodile (who spoke like this from the comics), a ninja bat, a hyperactive ninja weasel, a dimension hoping alasaurus professor, and a possum with a shotgun (shotgun was his only skill)

Spoke like thor* stupid auto correct

Anyone play Systems Failure? It's kinda interesting

RIFTS didn't fail, it is one of the most successful RPGs ever. It wasn't updated though. And the lack of balance was part of its beauty.