The party is fighting someone who has bullets that are incorporeal to anything not made out of flesh

>The party is fighting someone who has bullets that are incorporeal to anything not made out of flesh.
>They also home in on their target and they will never stop until the gun is destroyed. They also have a tendency to sneak up on people.
>The only good news is that these bullets are slow enough to walk away from. They'll catch up, but you can walk from them. Imagine Rip Von Winkle with a pic related and bullets that metaphorically go at a snail's pace.

How do you make this encounter fair if they have to deal with these bullets the entire campaign?

So they have to find a living or dead creature to use as a shield then.

Set it in a slaughterhouse?

FLESH ARMOUR
WEAR THE SKIN OF YOUR ENEMIES
AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

Pluck it out the air since your fingers are flesh and they're moving so slow?

Literal meat shields.

How woyld they hurt if they move at a walking pace? They'll just bounce off you lol

By drilling through your flesh. Bullets can be fucking sharp.
You'll have to put it down or let it go sometime. So when you let it go there is a very good chance that it will turn direction and drill into your finger or palm.

Just quickly skin some deer, I guess.

Lmao what? Bullets generally aren't sharp
Go buy some handgun rounds and try to cut yourself on them.

>>The party is fighting someone who has bullets that are incorporeal to anything not made out of flesh.
Leather armor, freshly-ripped limbs.

You can modify a bullet to have a sharp tip user.

This Even of you get something like a rifle round, someone gently pressing it against you while they twist it isn't going to do much.

And the fact that they home in and phase through everything doesnt mean they have infinite energy to them. If they really never stop, you could tie a strip of tendon around it, then attach that to something you want to be pulled endlessly.

Yeah, but they move so goddamn slow that you can just leave, go to the store, buy a hammer, chat up that cute cashier for a bit, stop for a quick lunch, come back, and then blunt the fucker into uselessness.

The op never specified how fast they spin. Just how they travel. The reason you can't drill into someone with a bullet and your hand is because you can't spin it fast enough or hold it still enough.

It'd phase through the hammer, but you could probably just freeze a steak and get a similar result

Can't use a hammer. But you could honestly probably just smwck it with some bone (if that counts) or hard meat. Lead is pretty shitty.

MEAT HAMMER

Just get a cow.
NEXT PROBLEM

In that case, you can,just catch them in a steak and they'll stop spinning, unless again they have infinite energy

>grab a turkey drumstick
Use it to beat the crap out of the bullet whill slowly backpedaling so that it doesn't hit you
>after enough blows, it's momentum is reduced to zero

That solves the ones you can see, but like OP said, they tend to sneak up on people. So what's stopping NOTvon twinkie from just shooting them into the floor?

Meatroom.

You can't stay in the steakhouse forever.

Meathshoes. Meatpants. Meatshirt. Meat helmet.
There you go, invincibility achieved.

Or be a lich.

nothing is stopping her, but ultimately these magical phasing bullets aren't much of a threat going by the given information, because they dont seem to convey enough energy to do much when they hit a target, at most they're like someone pushing a bullet up against your skin with moderate force.

>OP has an okay idea but doesn't know shit
>Attempts to justify his idea by continuing to be uninformed without listening to criticism
every day

Actually, why not encase Rip Van Faggle in a suit of meat and then grill his ass.

Why not just have it as some kind of energy weapon or a smart bomb rather than drilling bullets? Accomplishes the same role and requires far less suspension of disbelief.

read
Depending on how fast they drill they can easily tear flesh. They wouldn't even need to go that far to kill someone if they can reach a artery.
Not to mention just because you can walk away from them doesn't mean they can't move fast enough to lodge their way in fast enough.

It's a stupid idea.

That's not criticism.

It is, just not constructive.

So shitposting?

As much qs every reply trying to justify magical bullets still being a threat when everything proposed makes them not at all a threat maybe.

Actually sprinting this on your players will get half of them to quit right off for the bullshit of life-seeking bullets, and then get the other half to quit after all their clever ideas of meat armor and blunting the bullets is met with 'nuh uh, they're rotating at high speeds so they kill you when they touch you'

Like seriously, fuck even trying at that point. The party isn't even going to have a chance to react in that case. Theyrr going to be sleeping at an inn, feel a sharp pain on their back, then die.

The OP never said you COULDN'T hit it with a drumstick user. And them being sneaky was something that was specified right at the start.

No more than OP.

Dude, it's a bad idea, it's ok we all have them.

Then how pray tell, would you make it a good idea?

My point is either that a simple amount of meat will reasonably stop it, so they're basically a non-threat and OP is a faggot. Or they're bullets that rotate at incredibly high speed and are sharp, thus making the fact that they're not incorporeal to flesh useless in terms of stopping them, but this man with access to a perpetual motion machine has decided to use it to assassinate your party instead, at which point the party has little countermeasues aside from just going to another dimension and living there instead, at which point OP is a faggot

I'd need more information. What kind of setting is this? What system? Why is this dude trying to shoot slow moving, mostly unstoppable bullets at them?

>mfw party robot

I suppose I will have to deal with this. Useless fleshlings...

For real? I'd just replace them with Bullet Bills. Slow moving, home in on you, and they're going to hurt without the need to phase through stuff. But, at the same time, they can be counteracted, destroyed prematurely, and interrupted by walls,until they blast their way through it at least, the larger size also makes it more readily obvious to the party when they're under attack, and also means that if they catch up to the guy attacking them he'll be operating a cannon rather than having a machine gun, meaning he'll be easier to stop.

Just call them Magic Missiles or,something instead and you're good to go.

>and then get the other half to quit after all their clever ideas of meat armor and blunting the bullets
Nobody said blunting the bullets wouldn't work you faggot.

Just bat them away with a frozen piece of meat. Nobody said they couldn't be blunted and wasn't effected by knock back.

It's already balanced. Just jog around them, to the guy and then hold him as a meatshield against the bullets.

「S E E K A N D D E S T R O Y」?

>Bullet
>Snail's pace
I image you just let them hit you, since they won't have the kinetic energy to actually hurt.

I'm sorry OP but that's just so stupid (no offence here). I can't help but imagine someone leisurely walking about and a flock (to a lack of a better word) of bullets just following them.

Also you could just do what said, use the fucker (or a particularly tanky teammate) or even some random animal to block it. Hell, you could use your lunch to stop it if we get very tecnical. The overall idea is pretty interesting but the execution is a wee sloppy.

>You'll have to put it down or let it go sometime. So when you let it go there is a very good chance that it will turn direction and drill into your finger or palm.
Technically if you flicked or grabbed one of the bullets it would have 'hit' its target (you) and presumably become inactive.

>How do you make this encounter fair if they have to deal with these bullets the entire campaign?
If my opponent gets infinite energy magical incorporeal bullets I'll just use clones and upload my mind into new bodies for each bullet, then repair the bodies once the bullets stop working for further reuse.

>>The party is fighting someone who has bullets that are incorporeal to anything not made out of flesh.

Grab the bullets out of the air with your bare hands, put them in a thick leather bag. Tie the bag shut.

>wear leather jacket
>gun and bullets are useless against you

What's stopping him from mixing the magic bullets with normal ones?

Why even bother with magic bullets that can be stopped by a piece of casual outer wear when you have regular bullets

Intimidation. Nothing says don't fuck with me like a bullet boring into somebody's flesh. That or it could be used as shoot and forget if you don't want people to know it was you, depending on how many people know that your thing is slow bullets.

If the bullets actually do spin extremely fast his rifling would need an absurdly high twist ratio. For comparison, an M4 carbine has a twist ratio of 1:7 which is 1 revolution per 7 inches. This is a rifle twist rate, which is faster than pistol cartridge twist rates, which are generally around 1:9-1:16 or so.

If he fired a regular bullet out of his gun it would most likely shatter under centrifugal force and spew chunks of metal out the barrel.

Ok, ill admit that im nit-picking. But by the logic presented how do the bullets not just fall out of the gun and into the (assumed) gravitational well of the planet? Only way I can think of is that the gun itself is made of meat. I thought that perhaps it could be that the act of firing them made them meat-phaseable. But as OP states- its the bullets themselves.

Magic.

gotta always be on a stakeout

>How do you make this encounter fair if they have to deal with these bullets the entire campaign?
Make this the final encounter. Destroy gun in or after fight.

Just give them regular bullets.

>infinite energy, slow moving, high spinning, incorporeal-except-for-flesh, target seeking, sharpened, floor sneak in drill bullets
Seriously?

>incorporeal to anything not made out of flesh

Let's do this