Red Street Lights

What would happen if the color of street lights was switched to crimson, like picture related. Would it make people more on the edge and paranoid?
Asking because I think it would make for a spooky premise.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WXzFCS72QIA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It would make everything more kinky

What makes you think that?

It would make driving pretty terrifying.

I remember there were experiments in some places with blue street lights based on the theory it would make people calmer, you could look that up. Red street lights just makes people think of brothels though.

What mentioned.

red light district

Perhaps that's a cultural thing, because here where I live, there are no brothels and I do not in any way, associate them with red light.

To me streets being illuminated with red light is very spooky idea. I feel like it would make people more tense and on the edge.

I'd probably be spooked for a few minutes but if nothing happened then I wouldn't care anymore.

The term "red light district" is not uncommon, user.

It is not a term in my native tongue.

well then I suppose you've learned something about english, user

youtu.be/WXzFCS72QIA

But I agree with other folks that red lights are spooky.

It would make me horny.

Rapey horny?

Red light doesn't destroy your night vision like white light does, so there's that.

You're on an English-speaking imageboard, shitskin.

I am a mongol, thank you very much.

It would get that guy horny.
Things would get ugly pretty quickly.

We do have, in most cultures, the idea that red lights are linked to sleazy places, but it also causes a more basal feeling of agitation, positive or negative, and long exposure can cause stress.

Piss-skin.

Is that why they use red light belowdecks at night time?

No, that's just to facilitate all the gay sailor orgies.

Mostly, things would be darker because red light doesn't carry as far.

That's part of what makes it so attractive to sleezy joints, light enough not to trip over things, but dark enough for some anonymity, hide blemishes, and to not see how unclean the place is.