/HHG/ Horus Heresy General

Rulebook next week edition.

>Previous thread
>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Just got book 1 on Audible, not bad so far! Should I just proceed down the line or jump around to certain books?

First for the XVI'th!

What book?

Horus Rising

Read first 3 books (Horus Rising, False Gods, Galaxy in Flames)
after this jump to certain books.

Thanks for the advice. I dont think I can stomach the whole series, but I'll try my best

Some books aren't worth reading, some are good and some are good written but heretical.

Left hanging at the end of the last thread.

Each Wing of the Dark Angels needs a Rite of War, tracing back to before the First Legion days, when they were only known as the Six Hosts of the Angels of Death.

As Astelan put it, "Why would we call ourselves the First except to distinguish ourselves from a Second?"

Even Faith Redloss thought about how much of their lore had been lost from the founding til the Heresy, barely 300 years. Even the term wing was from Calibanite cavalry terminology.

But for the Deathwing, Ravenwing, Stormwing, Ironwing, Firewing, and Dreadwing, what do you see as the RoW with what we know of the units?

What's the difference between Blood Angels and World Eaters?

Blood Angels are handsome angry guys. They have a lot of dakka, melta pistols and 2W-swords.
Also best Primarch.

World Eaters are guys with nails in their brains, use a lot of chainaxes, screaming horde of guys armed with chainaxes, absolutey no tactic.
Lobotomized Primarch and Chainaxes.
Did I mention chaniaxes?

What's stopping you now? You don't have to use one of their two RoWs, they're more about the wargear.

BA like Jump Packs, WE like Dreadclaws and Kharybdises.

Read "Nostromo" by Joseph Conrad (better known as the author of Heart of Darkness, which features the character Kurtz). Good intro to your primarch.

>Each Wing of the Dark Angels needs a Rite of War
They really don't.

Rules wise Blood Angels tend to be more character focused World Eaters tend to be more unit focused.

For example between rites of war, upgrades, and special rules a World Eaters tac blob (that loses scoring) can get up to 101 strength 6 AP 4 attacks with hatred on the charge. While Blood Angels don't have the ability to field units quite like that they can give any independent characters double wound swords that thanks to LA rules still wound marines on a 3+. For all intents and purposes a praetor can have 12 (6 attacks but each successful wound roll inflicts two wounds) str 5 AP 2 attacks on the charge while a champion can have 8 str 5 AP 2 attacks on the charge. They also have a neat relic that is unfortunately rendered fairly redundant due to their paragon blades wounding marines on a 2+ anyway.

Okay I like BA, when are the full rules coming out?

as much as I hate SW with a passion that looks fucking amazing

but those are Luna Wolves

makes sense, guess that's another legion I need to get on doing

In about a year. Book 8 is expected at the end of 2018. Any (more) delays and it'll get pushed back to the February FW event... which seems likely, given how things have been going.

At least you're not a White Scars player.

Oh god, when are White Scars getting their book? Just like in fluff, they are being ignored.

This. I would have preferred a "wing" veteran unit that could be outfitted for fire-wing (melta, flamer, volkite builds), dread-wing (destroyers with stasis and acid munitions), and storm wing (breachers with jump packs?) load outs.

Other special unit is death wing terminators. Then the iron and Raven protocols.

Done deal. Two special units, two rites of war.

Friendly reminder, Magnus did nothing wrong.

Reading Perturabo primarch book
p88 his sisters nickname for him Bo.
Why not Perty!
Goddam Guy Haley I dont want for much.

He made a deal with Tzneetch

I just want a unit of kick ass knight paladins.

>Emperor: Hey son, don't do the thing
>Magnus: Oh shit, something happened and I have to send a message across space! It's not like we have ways to do that already, I have to DO THE THING!

>Emperor: Hey son that I created to be a psychic demi-god who uses psychic powers
>Magnus: Yes Father?
>Emperor: Dont ever use them again only I'm allowed to do that

>Magnus: Uh oh I need to send a message better use sorcery instead of an astrophath
>Magnus destroys everything
>Magnus: Oh my god so unfair I didn't do anything wrong

>Magnus: Uh oh Horus just betrayed our Father
>Magnus I better pass this on to random mook astropath #198675
>Magnus: I'm sure he'll believe me and pass the message on correctly without it ringing any alarm bells and panicing everybody
>Magnus: I means Im sure everyone will just take me on my word right?

>Uh oh I heard that someone will assassinate the president
>Should I call the police?
>Oh wait I have a better idea, I will sneak into the White House and tell the president in person, that way he will have to listen to me

>Magnus: Uh oh I found out that someone is trying to kill the Emperor
>Magnus Good thing he's my Father the therefore will believe my warning delivered in good faith even though I went against his wishes to find this out
>Magnus: I feel that this information could be dangerous in the wrong hand and so I will deliver it myself
>Magnus: I'll contact him psychically as I used to do when I was cast out into the galaxy as a child that way he'll understand completely

Magnus didn't deliver his warning though, and even then he destroyed his shit. That is like trying to tell the president about his assassination by driving a truck into the white house and then running away. Even ignoring all this though there is still

Never Ever

>Magnus didn't deliver his warning though
>Its this fucking retard again
Goddam it user go read a book. Russ knows of Magnus warning right there in Prospero Burns. Why the fuck wont you just admit it?

How can he be responsible for that when he didnt know what a "tzeentch" even is

>Don't know that the woman you are having sex with is under age
>Ergo you aren't guilty of statutory rape
Magnus made a deal with a warp entity he had no knowledge of, his fall is entirely his own fault due to his own hubris.

Ah yes I forgot driving a truck into the White House, yelling that someone is going to assassinate the president, and running away is a lot better than driving a truck into the White House and running away without yelling anything.

>Goalpost.jpeg
So you'll stop spreading that nonsense that Mangus didnt deliver the warning then?

Other than that yes of course it is as that was the entire reason he went there. Thats the reason you attempted to deride him for it in you last post after all.

Maybe he shouldn't have been a retard and just used an astropath. But oh wait Magnus apparently can't trust a single astropath on all of Prospero because reasons. The only reason Magnus tried to personally relay a message to the emperor is because he wanted to prove that his usage of psychic powers was justified, and in that particular case it sure as hell wasn't.

It's not that important, people.

Filling in details when the outline was written 30 years is always going to be messy.

It wouldnt be just one astropath? Come on user. The message would have to pass through several relay stations to get to Terra. Then to actually get the message through to those who would believe it instead of being passed of as a mistake? Doubtful.

Want to know whats funny? Magnus thought he was going to be exiting onto Terra through a webway gate because he believed thats why the Emperor was returning to Terra. What he didnt know was that the Emperor was making his own 'gate'. If Emps had just taken a second to explain after Magnus brought up to him finding the webway and its usefulness then perhaps things might not have gone down that way.

An Astropath wouldn't have reached the Emperor, who had sealed himself away under layers of shielding to deal with the webway. Or worse, the receiving Astropath could've already been working for Horus, as seen in the story Ghosts Speak Not.

How good are the Thousand Sons? Have to play them tomorrow and want to know what I'm up against.

They have the potential to be extremely powerful if they use psychic powers and their cult rules in perfect synergy. That's hard to pull off unless they're spamming Sekhmet Terminators and using Invisibility and Magnus with his D shots.

So they can range anywhere from "decent" to "stupidly OP" depending on the player.

I was going to say pretty much the exact same thing.

It's a 3500 pt game. I'm bringing Iron Warriors.

Putting together too many Aquilon’s...I’ve made a terrible mistake.

The second set of six were free thanks to FW fucking up and losing the first set in the mail for three weeks.

Phosphex (chlorine trifluoride in real life) and artillery are good against TS.

Be familiar with the psychic phase and see if they're willing to use Mind Howl instead of Invisibility (coming in the new rulebook, but FW did show off the wording of the new power). If the TSons fail a Perils of the Warp check, the entire army has to take pinning tests or something (and there's wargear they can take to ignore the first one).

>An Astropath wouldn't have reached the Emperor, who had sealed himself away under layers of shielding to deal with the webway.
Send the message to Terra with orders that the message be sent to the emperor. FFS are you really retarded?

If he is likely to abuse his army do this. Just spam the fuck out of phosphex and bring some big anti-tank guns to kill any transports he might have.

By far the wisest of the primarchs

Don't think they would give one army 6 rites at this point - they might do that later as they need to keep selling books and just making more update the legions and give them more rites and characters would be a way to milk it.

At this point they would probably leave most of the wings unexplored, with perhaps one unit each (like Deathwing vets in artificer armors) and add the Dreadwing later.

Honestly most of the wings could be represented through generic rites. Besides Dark Angels definitely aren't getting another four rites while the two most iconic characters in the Emperor's Children are still left without rules.

According to the Emperor, there were no gods.
So, the Emperor is the one to blame

This.
Even if the Emperor somehow doesn't listen, Malcador will

There enough generic rites to represent every Legion, not only Dark Angels, and not give anyone an original rite, just a special unit or two. But as I said, they will need to keep releasing new books if they want to keep the cash going which means adding more rites and updates as they go.

Astropatic messages get scrambled all the time. It would more than likely not get believed or passed on.

Then spam the emperor until the message gets through. Magnus is a goddamn primarch someone will answer a message from him.

Rites don't sell models and books don't make big bucks. If they want to make money after they finish everything (so circa 2025) they will add new units and characters that were until they became special units were just left as vague ideas in the background. For example book 1 mentions the Emperor's Children having an elite formation of guys armed with lascannons called the Sun Killers. Fuck it in Book 12 Forgeworld might release models for them giving them rules that make them a good but highly specialized heavy weapon squad.

Even as an Emperor's Children player I wouldn't give a shit about the unit but more units and more models means more room for forgeworld to make money, and if the models look nice I will still probably buy a unit of Sun Killers even if I think that they really didn't need special rules.

The Emperor himself didnt believe it when the message got through, literally noone would have believed the message.

Even if by a miracle his message had gotten through to Malcador he would just have been punished for breaking the edict anyway.

>literally noone would have believed the message.
So Magnus made a mistake. He told someone who wouldn't have believed him in the worst way possible. If you are going to be so forlorn about the message getting through via conventional means than Magnus should have just confronted Horus himself.

>Magnus should have just confronted Horus himself.
He did...

Magnus was literally seeing Horus fall right there. If he got his message out immediately, there is 0 chance of Horus organizing his own astropaths throughout the galaxy in time.

Did Horus die or did Magnus die?

What? Do you not know the circumstances that surround Horus' fall?

I don't think you know what confront means. If Magnus confronted Horus either Horus would have died or Magnus would have died trying to stop him.

So no you dont ok. Try reading Horus Rising then False Gods then get back to us.

Why not tell me the scenario you are talking about.

Why not read the lore before talking about it?

>Why not read every single black library book
Because I don't want to read volumes of shitty fiction for some obscure fluff references.

Its called the Horus Heresy user. If you dont even know about Horus' fall then honestly what the fuck are you doing here?

Tell me of the scenario in question or don't I don't really care.

>I don't think you know what confront means. If Magnus confronted Horus either Horus would have died or Magnus would have died trying to stop him.
>I don't think you know what confront means
>Doesn't know what confront means

>(chlorine trifluoride in real life)

It's not. Phosphex is different. Chlorine trifluoride is merely a good example of a similar notorious chemical agent that can do plenty of bad stuff and that armies are afraid of using.

>Spoonfeed me or I'll remain ignorant!
Ok.

but going off your analogy, tzeentch is the one who should be considered at fault. also, victim blaming. shame on you.

>Confront Horus
>Hey Horus don't be Chaos
>No
>Okay
I don't consider that a confrontation. Now Fulgrim trying to convince Ferrus to fall to Chaos was an actual confrontation that resulted in Ferrus' guards being slaughtered, Fulgrim's sword being broken, and Fulgrim only leaving Ferrus alive because he couldn't yet bring himself to kill his best bro.

>I don't consider that a confrontation.
Well as long as (You) don't consider it one then I guess thats a wrap.

So you're reiterating what I meant. Oh wait. Did you take it literally? As in I was saying phosphex was indeed exactly chlorine trifluoride? I'm sorry. With weapons like volkite and conversion beamers I thought I didn't need to make that distinction.

Magnus' options regarding Horus
A: Send an astropathic message and keep spamming until a message gets through
B: Go to Terra in person and tell the Emperor
C: Go to Horus and kill him
D: Use sorcery which the Emperor forbade you to use to contact him because this is the only way and it totally isn't to vindicate your belief that making pacts with warp entities is okay
But yeah Magnus totally did nothing wrong, it is the Emperor's fault for building a webway, not Magnus' fault for knocking it down.

He shouldn't have warded it so heavily if he didn't want the wards to explode and ruin the project, fuckin scrub

>With weapons like volkite and conversion beamers I thought I didn't need to make that distinction.

If you said "Volkite (maser in real life)" or "Conversion beamer (positron beam in real life)" then yeah, you probably need to make that distinction in order not to be taken literally. I don't read minds.

Sorcery was how he found out about Horus so he believed it was justified. So he literally needed his Father to hear his side and evidence otherwise the point was moot as he would be ignored by everyone else.

Had Horus sent Sanguinius to the demon system yet when Magnus blew up Terra?

Going just off memory Signus happens around the time of Istvaan which is after Magnus warning by around two years.

Did any of the Space Wolf Wolf Packs survive after reaching the Legions they were designated too? I know that Alpha Legion one survived but they never actually found Alpharius. The Raven Guard killed theirs along with the Blood Angels. One was never sent to the TSons being the only legion that didnt get one. As for the rest its hard to keep track of so any help?

Why are sisters so cute /hhg/?

>As for the rest its hard to keep track of so any help?

As far as I can remember, some of the Wolves assigned to watch Guilliman are still around though they didn't appear in Ruinstorm.

Imagine being one of the poor mother fuckers that was sent to Alpharius.

I remember when they had those grills surgically implanted to their jaws, which is why they can't talk

GW seems to be throwing that out the window these days

The ones sent to the ultrmarines spend most of "Unremembered Empire" annoying Guilliman with their presence. He doesnt hide the fact that he views them as more of an annoyance then a threat.

Do they make it? I havent gotten to that yet.

They actually got off rather easily compared to their Brothers.

Most of the Primarchs felt the same way, unsurprisingly in my opinion.

Where was that stated?

Not like there isn't old art of Sisters without the grills. And wouldn't just removing their vocal cords work better?

>They actually got off rather easily compared to their Brothers.
Did they? What happened to them?

Actually, let's get a list going of what happened to each legion's wolf complement.

Blood Angels: Murdered by Amit
Night Lords: Murdered by Curze

That's all I remember.

Not all of them have it. They all take the vow of silence and a large number of them have the grille surgically attached to their jaws after a set period of time. Others have their their tongues removed with it or separately. Jenetia Krole even only took the vow and wears he grille like a mask when she feels like it.

Its actually pretty funny, as while Guilliman doesn't like it, he is so by-the-books he still lets them follow him around everywhere to do their duty, even if he thinks is stupid