Is Ahriman the oldest surviving Space Marine? If not who is it?

Is Ahriman the oldest surviving Space Marine? If not who is it?

Wouldn't Abaddon be older? Are Primarchs space marines?

Erebus/KorP/Abby/Bjorn and some other fags back from heresy days

Kor Phaeron is older but he techically isnt a Space Marine.

Depends. Bjorn is the oldest if you consider dreads "alive", since he was around back when the Emperor was leading the crusade personally.

No because of the Warp. Same reason Abaddon and Kharn and Lucius aren't even though they're all from 30k.

In real space, Bjorn and Guilliman and Lion are the oldest. Not in a dread/stasis, Dante is the oldest. Cassius is considered one of the oldest marines alive despite being much younger than Bjorn and Dante. Those are pretty much the only non time traveling Warp bullshit oldfags.

Don't forget Kharn. Really any Unification Wars/Terran space marines

Abaddon isnt a Primarch. And I'm pretty sure hes not form Terra either.

Bjorn is the oldest loyalist if you count dreadnoughts. But in no way is he older that Ahriman.

Kor Phaeon isnt a Space Marine but would be older. Not sure about Erebus though. Was he a Terran?

This

The warp fucks with time both ways user. You cant just say because they're in the warp they're not older.

Ahriman was probably born first, but almost all Chaos Space Marines have spend a lot of time in the Warp, meaning that their timelines are all kinds of fucked up.

So probably the 'legitimately' oldest Space Marine is likely Bjorn.

Much of the Iron Hands Chapter is from the Horus Heresy.

It becomes something you can't prove - especially since you can't even be sure what age they're at when you see them in realspace, because of how the Warp fucks things around. Ahriman could still be fresh from the Rubric when he invades one planet, and then a century later in real time he's eight thousand years older.

GW says it. You can't claim the Warp makes them the oldest by the same logic you're trying to use. The Warp doesn't even have a true sense of time.

Are you retarded? So was Ahriman, and he's a Terran marine.

Bullshit. Anyone with a brain knows why that can't be true. Unless you meant among all the IH successors, there are many veterans of 30k. Which is still bullshit given all the lore saying Bjorn is one of the "few" who remember that time let alone lived it.

Thats valid from the Imperials perspective but its not like he died. He's still around so somewhere has to be the 'current' Ahriman like in Gathering Storm for example.

I'm asking if he's the oldest. Reasoning being I cant think of any marines that were made before him that are still alive. Does that make sense?

You mean Alpharius, Alpharius and Alpharius?

-Alpharius

Yes, but you don't know how much time did he pass while in the warp. The Ahriman that pops out might be only a millennium removed from the horus heresy, because time in the warp was compressed.

Then you'll meet him again after 2 years but from his prespective 5000 passed

>build progression.jpg

Thats just a hypothetical from an outsiders perspective. Theres still an Ahriman that is 10k years old.

>Level 1
>Fights space wolves

>Level 99
>Still fighting space wolves
Progression in this game is fucked.

How do we know that though? The Ahrimans we meet could be anywhere from just out of the Heresy to thousands of years after it, but at least in theory he could have died after 6000 years relative to himself, but we just keep seeing him 10000 years later since the Warp's fucked like that.

You're just making shit up now though? There no evidence for that you're just assuming because it hypothetically possible no plausible.

If you want fluff for him being 10k years old theres always vague GW lore to fall back on
>No mortal man has more power over the arcane than Ahriman, Arch-Sorcerer of the Thousand Sons. Long ago, his story was one of compassion and heroism, for the psyker lord has willingly ventured along the most dangerous of paths for the betterment of his kin. Since those early days he has spent ten long millennia searching for influence enough to control his fate, and that of his brothers. In that time, he has lost his way spectacularly. Now Ahriman walks the paths of avarice and destruction, though he would rather die than admit it – even to himself.

Does Ahriman avoid the Eye of Terror and the warp in general as a rule?

If I remember correctly, doesn't Ahriman just skip like 2 years in the second novel, just so the inquisition can be in the right place.

All of the CSM in general are far older than any loyalist. Abaddon, Ahriman, Typhus, Lucius, Erebus, Kharn, and Kor'Phaeron are roughly the same age

Yeah and then he buries his Rubrics underground like people used to meme about with his old infiltrate special rule. That series is French's best work by far.

That's it! But the Warpy Goodness meant he just fucks off and comes back almost instantly.

The oldest would have to be from Terra as they were the first made. From my understanding Ahriman, Kharn are the only Terran marines that are still alive. Although I may be wrong about Kharn honestly I'm not much of a WE fan.

wasn't Abaddon created after Horus died?

I have no words user......

Holy shit. Are you serious?

What have you been smoking? Abaddon was first captain of the LW/SoH.

Bjorne the Fell-Handed, if a dreadnaught counts as living.

They had ONE dread who was from M32 (and he used a sarcophagus from before that so he had a few scattered memories of Ferrus). But nothing aside from that.

Explain your reasoning for him being older than the terran marines?

>From my understanding Ahriman, Kharn are the only Terran marines that are still alive.
Zso'Sahaal was also terran born I think. I'd say quite a few of the traitor legion marines are Terran born that are just not important enough to get mentioned.

Kor Phaeron is the oldest human, but he isn’t a Space Marine.

Because the official codex lore literally says it, and there are no surviving Terran marines who aren't alive without the help of the Warp.

Right so you're just dismissing them. Thats fine just seemed like you thought he was older.

You can't dismiss something that's literally out of the running to begin with as per the explicit printed text of the absolute authority on the matter.

Yes Zso sahaal was legit terran blood. Would like to see more of him, a miniature would be really nice.

There's official lore saying Bjorn is the oldest. Show me some official lore saying Ahriman is the oldest or that he experienced time normally or longer than normal in the Warp. Oh you can't? Guess you're just dismissing the fact that Bjorn and Dante are the oldest.

CSM are still space marines. Bjorn was from Fenris and definitely made after the early Terran Marines like Ahriman and Kharn who were from the beginning of the Great Crusade. A better example from the Wolves would be some of the 13th company.

Trying to hard champ.

But Ahriman's been in the warp, and that's cheating. Da warp does fasta, mate.

I'm sure Dante, Cassedy, and Bourne all went into the warp at some point.

Now we have to find out when he fell out of the black-hole-in-a-box and started aging. He was in realspace long enough to break his susan membrane at least.

>If not who is it?

Eldrad Ulthran

>Is Ahriman the oldest surviving Space Marine? If not who is it?
>Space Marine
When did Eldrad join the Ultramarines user?

He founded the chapter after sodomizing emprah

>MXC
My nigga. I know what I'm playing on my second screen for the next couple of hours.

He didn't, instead he created the Blood Ravens.

Ahriman is a Terran veteran though, him and his brother came from Persia and his brother died to the flesh change.

Right you are Ken

Sometimes slower.
I has even stated before that for some marines it has passed more than 15.000 years since the heresy

It's really strange that both of them were able to become marines with the chances as slim as they are.

15 years is a really long time user.

Ahriman was among the first 1000 marines that gave his legion their name. Its highly doubtful anyone else was 'made' before him.

Not a Space Marine, but I think Eldrad could definitely be argued to be the oldest living character in 40K (assuming he's still alive).

*that is still alive I mean.

>not the C'tan
>not the Chaos gods

Not living. They aren't biological.

Germans, and presumably others, use decimals where they should use commas and commas where they should use decimals.
No, I don't know why.
Yes, I want them to stop too.
But user isn't wrong, individually. It's his system that's wrong.

Maybe he's thinking Abby is a Horus clone? It's come up a few times.

On a side note. What is GW's obsession with rabbit ears? First the Necrons, now the space marines. Fucking rabbits.

He vanished just after Kruze was assassinated which was in the early 31st millennium.
He poped back into the real world in the late 41st.

Nope. In the novels there was an Iron Hand from the Heresy that died. Not only that but the Iron Hands are actually immortal unlike other Space Marines, and the only way to kill one that has reached "end stage" of upgrades is to destroy their head. Which doesn't have any brain tissue left because end stage Iron Hands are literally no longer human, but 100% machine.

What book is that from user?

why are you inserting your fanfiction?

Jhon french can go fuck himself.

Kor is from Colchester, thus joined the legion with the primarch.
Ahriman and Kharn were already high ranking members when their primarchs were found.

You alright there user?

Only you Anglos do it wrong.

*Colchis

Colchester would be damn fun, tho.

He just has 1 epic quest and the rest of the time is killing boars like randy marsh.

Also, is his model scale significantly bigger in 40k? He looks a lot thiccer than the 30k model and it's not just from extra giant horns or anything.

That was the lamest attempt at an Alpharius joke I ever witnessed

I think the Veterans of the Long War rule was supposed to represent this indeed, but as other said it's mostly explained by Warp-fuckery
Thing is: Marines also spend a lot of their time in transit from one conflict to an other, and spend a lot of time in the Warp as well.
I guess ultimately, this question of 'who's older?' is just another dick-measuring contest

>If not who is it?
Khárn IIRC. He was amongs the first patches of Space Marine Neophytes to be created

Define living and how the C'tan are not living creatures.

>not Asdrubael Vect

He's from around the time of the Fall, which was around the same time as the unification wars.

In the vat you go, Hans

Here's something to throw in the mix - there's a lot of saying that suchandsuch must be older because they were a Terran in their legion before their primarch was discovered, but it's not quite as simple as that. The Great Crusade lasted something like 250 years, with the primarchs found at varying stages during that process.

Horus was the first one to be found, and Abaddon was one of the first marines from Cthonia, so he could actually be pretty old.

Kharn is a terran from before the discovery of Angron and one of the first members of the legion, but Angron was found something like 17th out of the primarchs, and Kharn supposedly trained as a neophyte on Bodt, which is in the Ultima segmentum and must have been discovered after Cthonia.

Lorgar was similarly found later in the crusade, meaning that although Kor Phaeron was old by then he might not have even been born when the Great Crusade was launched.

Ahriman probably does have the best claim because he was one of the first thousand aspirants in the Thousand Sons, and they were founded right at the end of the Unification Wars.

The only others who might be older still are any of the Fallen that are still knocking about. Astelan was alive during the unification wars and among the first inductees of the first legion, so if he's still alive he might have the best claim to be oldest space marine as one of the first few thousand ever created.

Would Thunder Warriors count? Arik Taranis might still be alive. If he was, would he count?

>That was the lamest attempt at an Alpharius joke I ever witnessed

I can't argue with you, after all you are the expert.

Abbadon isn't a primarch?

Bjorn is oldest living loyalist
Ahriman, Kharn or Typhus... one of those 3 probably the oldest non primarch space marine

So when the fuck is he gonna wake up the Lion? I would think it's either him or Russ next since they gave both a bit of foreshadowing in the Gathering Storm.

Or both.

Astellan was one of the first Space Marines, and he is alive. He's Fallen.

You're the wrong one here.
Most of the world use commas

Ahriman, Abbadon, Kharn and Lucius (is he still counts as a Marine), together with Fabius Bile and Bjorn (though I think to remember he was the youngest member of Leman Russ' Wolf Guard by the time he disappeared, and that was some 200 years after Horus Heresy? Also, if you count dreadnoughts) are the oldest Space Marines currently alive, but who's the oldest of all I couldn't really say. I'd go for Ahriman or Abaddon, though.

Isn't Cypher a title rather than a character? I thought there had been various Cyphers along the millennia, each one taking over the mantle of the previous one.

Shouldn't it be Kor Phaeron? Or any eternal made into a marine(fuck if I know if there are any, I expect there to be at least one with BL's obsession with eternals)?

They have an obsession with top knots too

Or there's timetravel involved. Nobody knows.

Luther

Merir Astelan. He was one of the first 5000 Marines created by Emperor on Terra and he remember Unification Wars.

He was Marines in time when there was no other Legions than First

Now He's Fallen and he's still alive.

I think it's a tie between Kharn and Ahriman, they're both Terran marines.

>Thunder Warriors
Fuck Yeah! WROROUUUUU! *Guitar rifff*

Dang, that's a neat conversion. It would be kinda cool to see official models for the thudner warriors some day.