>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-10-17-abzan-ramp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

blue white till I die

second for the glory of Phyrexia

Post spooky decks

is a red white boom + flagstones land killing thing viable?

I got btfo by it at fnm and it looks super fun

Well you can't do the cheat with Goblin dank dwellers anymore. You're better off just playing Ponza.

Here we go

uw is shit grixis for life

Grixis is a deck for dirty Brazillian shitters who are too braindead to play a deck that requires any kind of critical thinking

Why are Uma's attracted to Grixis?

>Rattlechains
Fuck it, i'm out. 2spooky4me

>Ive never touched a woman irl the color combination

Everyone knows RUG is for true ballers

UW players are the type to go to time because they plan out every turn carefully because they like the control playstyle, Grixis players just play the colors for the edge, which is why theyre fine jumping from cruel control, to grixis delver, to grixis deaths shadow

youre not even a player here tier 3 go back to standard where youre worth something

>Not competitive, but we don't currently have any other more suitable threads.

From time to time I play kitchen table with my wife with our old decks from many years ago. I wanted to buy a couple new decks, straight from the starter boxes, to bring some new stuff around.

The question is:
>Bolas vs Nissa
or
>Jace vs Huatli
?

Which one would be more interesting?

we really need ops to drop that part of the title, I mean there are guys here who talk about fucking bant spirits, burn, and rug

wew we might as well call this casual modern general

>Burn
>not competitive
Shit nigger, the deck has been T1 since the format's Inception and the only time it hasn't been competitive was the Eldrazi Winter

>burn is t1

I'll outplay your ass any day

Is there someone with a good abzan liege/aggro list? No goyfs and lilis allowed.
I'd like to know any thoughts about the deck and the storm and eldratron matchups.

Think its called GW little kid nt sure about abzan though

Competitive doesn't only mean tier 1 allowed champ.

Without hand disruption/Lili Storm probably poops on you and against E Tron your big dudes probably match fine until they just All is Dust

...What in Gods name happened that Made Burn shrink to only 4% of the meta? I swear it was 6% only a week ago.

oh boy we really need to take the competitive out of our gen title this is embarrassing

Nah it's fine, retards like you who think competitive is t1 decks only can fuck off though.

dont you wish actual competitive magic worked like that? where you could just play the trash you think is good and actually get results instead of t1 decks always beating out garbage

>t1 decks always beat t2 and t3 decks (because they're garbage)
Lmao just stop you're embarrassing yourself. You do know that tiers are usage based right?

This is some wonderful b8

Any Nebelgast Heralds in SB? They seem to be pretty good at suppressing beaters or blockers.

I can't decide which is 2spookiest, but Mausoleum Wanderer seems to be the most versatile, although all of them are good in their own ways.

Look at how that fucker in the top left is carrying his shield hahahah what the fuck are you doin nigga

Those threads are gold

>he doesnt know how real warriors protect their chests

you can live without an arm, you cant live without your middle

Real Warriors don't need Sheilds

Indeed.

Since I've just posted Doran, has anybody ever made him work? Assault Formation and Treefolk Harbinger give redundancy, and 0/N creatures tend to be very hard to kill with damage. Also 0 power creatures makes Ensnaring Bridge irrelevant.
I know that Abzan exists, but I'm just wondering.

Oh hey look, a shitty card

that name is so fitting for the edgiest clan on tarkir

They arent even the edgiest

thats right sultai exists true

Why doesn't Affinity play Tidehollow Sculler? The manabase seems like it can support it and being able to sac in in response to ebt to Ravager and permanently exile something seems good.

I mean, you can play it in your SB if you want, but Affinity wants to keep coloured mana to an absolute minimum.

If you play it before your pay off cards you slow down the deck significantly. If you play it after your pay off cards your opponent has used their relevant removal already.

Affinity has about 12 mana sources that can be any color, the rest is strictly colorless. That means hitting one colored mana is easy, but two is a lot harder.

First for Amulet Bloom. Anyone else still playing the deck? Got any good spice?

Hey guys just looking for some feedback. Wanted to get back into mtg and wanted to build something fun and not to crazy expensive.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-10-17-abzan-ramp/

Do you have 4 PtE and BoP?

Was going to run 3 path. BoP?

Birds Of Paradise
user is dumb everyone on earth just says Birds

I figured. No, Im running arbor elf and utopia sprawl.

>Goyf is $50-60 now
What happened? I don't pay a ton of attention to Modern but I know Goyf was like $200 at a few points in its history

King Beats got dethroned by DS. Goyf is the same price as thoughtseize, heiarch, opal and Karn.

I currently own Mono White Death and Taxes, but since I'm new to it, I have no idea of what build I should use. My LGS meta is:
-Burn
-Knightfall
-Scapeshift (Bring to Light)
-Storm
-Vizier Company
-UR kiki-jiki
-Merfolks
-Elves
-Affinity (rarely)
-sometimes Control Decks (Grixis mostly)

I currently have the following cards:

Lands:
4 - Ghost Quarter
4 - Tectonic Edge
(up to 4 - Horizon Canopy) (going to buy during Iconic Masters)
8 - Plains (12 while waiting for Iconic)
1 - Cavern of Souls
1 - Eiganjo Castle

non-Creatures:
4 - Aether Vial
4 - Path to Exile

Creatures:
4 - Leonin Arbiter
4 - Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
4 - Restorarion Angel
4 - Thraben Inspector
4 - Flickerwisp

- Cards I have but don't know which I should add (main/side):
3 - Mirran Crusader
2 - Serra Avenger
2 - Selfless Spirit
1 - Phyrexian Revoker
1 - Weathered Wayfarer
2 - Kitchen Finks
2 - Aven Mindcensor
1 - Thalia, Heretic Cathar
4 - Eldrazi Displacers

Sideboard:
- (the previous cards)
2 - Eidolon of Rhetoric
1 - Linvala, Keeper of Silence
2 - Burrenton Forge-Tender
2 - Sunlance
2 - Dusk // Dawn
2 - Rest in Peace
2 - Stony Silence

I would greatly appreciate any help.

I feel like you might as well just play ponza or one of the other GRx arbor elf decks since it's around the same price. Other than that the deck looks ok, I might play some discard spells over Sin collecter and maybe try and change some of the creatures to be more push resilient, but other than that it looks fine.

I think the Theau Mery GP list is the best place to start. The core would be:
4 Vial
4 Path

4 Inspector
4 Thalia
4 Arbiter
2 Avenger
4 Wisp
4 Blade Splicer
4 Resto
3 Flex Spots

Land base is normally maxed on Canopys, Quarters, and Edges, with the rest plains. Your meta doesn't have much tron or grindy decks though, so you probably won't need Wayfarer and thus the Canopys become less important.

Your worst MUs are probably going to be Elves, Merfolk and Affinity, so with your maindeck flex slots, I would run an extra removal (Dismember) and two three drops, either big Thalia or Displacer because they can affect combat math.

Sideboard looks pretty solid as you have it. I'm not sure if you really need Eidolon to beat Storm, so I might add a couple Mirran Crusaders, replace Stony Silence with Kataki, and run a couple Fragmentize or Disenchant.

are there any relatively budget ($200 excluding coco) decks I can build that use CoCo?

Push resilient? I was considering taking out sin collector but Ive always liked him and feel he fits good. Also not sure what to put. Inquisition maybe or some draw.

4 CoCo + 27 creatures

I think you can play it in Mono G stompy.

It really depends how cheap you want your starting manabase. could work if you cheap out on fetches and Cavern for more duals or basics, replace Hierarch with Birds, and maybe Geist of Saint Traft for Nebelgast Herald.
Sideboard options:
2-3x Kataki/Stony Silence
2x Qasali Pridemage
2x Grafdigger's Cage/RIP/Tormod's Crypt
1-2x Rhox War Monk
1-2x Eidolon of Rhetoric
1-2x Celestial Purge
1-3x Unified Will
1-2x Phyrexian Revoker/Pithing Needle

new Delver art for FTV

Not a fan

I know this I a modern thread but... What does the think about replacing ahn-crop Crasher with Rampaging Ferocidon in a Ramunap Red deck?

I've got no fucking clue what crop crahser does, but I play a 1 of Ferocidon and Ramunap Ruins in the mainboard of my Burn deck.

What's the other side?

oh cool, I like the realism, wonder what the flip looks like

I just like it when old staples get new options for art, makes decks more customizable
unless theyre goober as fuck like the fifa star snapcaster

Dunno, they only put out the face side. There's a higher-quality version of the art in the Legacy thread and it looks weird. The Delver looks like he was painted in a different environment and just pasted over into the background

I also love all of Nils Hamm's art so I might be biased

>The Delver looks like he was painted in a different environment and just pasted over into the background
Looking it it right now, it really does look that way. Like they were two separate layers in Photoshop drawn independently of each other. This is why I hate the Digital art they use these days. I'll take fucking Foglio's art and Olivia Voldaren's Giant Horse Cock over this kind of eerie pseudo photo-realism any day.

yeah I see what you mean, he's very distinct from the background, but not in a way that emphasises him on purpose or anything. Really depends on the other side, the ability to contrast two arts on flip cards can change how you view them a lot.
He feels overall too clean compared to the original to me.

Don't you hate on my nigga Phil

Phill and Kaja's art is dreadfully corny bro. A couple of cards look alright but the grand majority of it is just fucking cartoonishly ugly.

You can also tell in that piece that the wizard himself is the main focus, the lighting is very focused on him and he's got far more color than anything else in the picture, other than the mantis which he himself is clearly focused on. Also the lighting in the new one is all off and really doesn't make the wizard stand out all that much

Hamm is a digital artist but he actually understands how to best incorporate texture and composition, unlike a lot of the current artists who primarily work in digital mediums

I like my scholars clean cut instead of grease mode

I prefer original print architect of thought over jace vs vraskas oily hair version

Phil's art tries too hard to be funny, Kaja's art is simple and comfy though.

>Phill and Kaja's art is dreadfully corny bro
That's what makes it so charming, you can instantly recognize a Foglio card out of any 20 given Magic cards. I think it's a breath of fresh air

Do we have the full list of cards?

Thanks man, loving your reply, will try it out

>MTG art discussion

Always best thread.

Post your favorite art on a Modern-legal card, no matter how good or bad the card is

Good pick user. I think RKF is the greatest artist mtg ever had. Just the right mix of impressionism and detail, and his coloring and composition was always gorgeous.

As for my choice, I'm sad Modern will never be slow enough for me to play a control deck as durdly as The Baron.

>I think RKF is the greatest artist mtg ever had
I like you already.

>The Baron
Jesus, talk about a fringe deck. Wasn't that initially built for Legacy?

>Wasn't that initially built for Legacy?
It was a standard deck both times Gaea's Blessing was in standard, but I originally found out about it the same way you probably did, through Adrian Sullivan's old article about porting it to Legacy. I've always liked decks that have some sort of card advantage engine (I also play Parfait and Martyr Proc), and The Baron combines that with classic draw go control and incredible inevitability. Maybe I should throw together some kind of shitbrew to see how it fares with Opt and Search in the format now, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

>W/B RKF art
You're killing me with this deluxe taste

Seb is quickly proving to be one of the best artists they have on call at wotc I swear. Just a shame most of his cards are subpar.

I'd have to think about it but right now I love the new Huntmaster so much I want to build a deck that runs it.

Magali is one of my favorite newer magic artists

I love you. This is one of my favorite RKF pieces, where did you find this? Do you own it?

I just searched "richard kane ferguson mtg art" on duckduckgo and some prints like that one came up, alongside a ton of other good stuff. I was kinda surprised, too, because last time I tried to find these in large size I couldn't find anything. They must have entered the search-engine-sphere recently.

I know that feel. I pulled a foil Rite of the Serpent in a Khans draft and jammed it because of how amazing it looked, and I've never used it since.

Seb should at least get to paint a legendary for the EDH crowd, they love some good art. I once played against a guy running RKF Art Tribal

If you know what this card is without looking it up, props to you.

But yeah literally anything Rebecca Guay.

I've been looking for high-quality RKF stuff for years, this is a godsend. You're a legend in my book, pal

Reminder that Ponza is capable of blowing out just about any meta.

for what purpose is this

It makes fetchlands really really bad, and is generally strong if you're running mana denial

Came here to laugh at all you dumbasses that told me Unclaimed Territory was shit and would never be played simply because Cavern existed

this

the only Grixis player I have at my shop has long greasy hair, brown teeth, and smells like infinite body odor

to make your non-karoo produce more mana when you've got double Amulet, and to maybe slow down the opponent.

it fucks over rock-heavy decks super hard

real tasty in EDH

truth be told im not saying any other magic combination has anything going for them (except WG being the sissy boy colors)

but specifically grixis is the combo unkept greasy edgelords really gravitate to
like they think of all the values the color combo holds and think "oh yeah dude im really smart so I can use blue and like Im an nihilistic anarchist so I like black and red, dude it fits so well with my personality"

I love playing grixis because of the way it uses all the resources available so well, utilizing cards in hand and cards in gy.

U/W does that too and it doesn't auto-lose to land strategies

thing is other colors can do the same, those colors just signify the type of player youre up against
and thats the greaseball of the shop
that is unless its THE top tier deck of a format like deaths shadow

theres this cutie at my shop running it so I guess im biased about it