Warhammer 40.000 General /40kg/

Secret crimson slaughter codex release, edition.

Glorious Tyranid News
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/01/codex-tyranids-preview-day-3-commanding-your-swarm-nov-1gw-homepage-post-2/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=CAL4WMpBNs0&feature=youtu.be

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Craftworld Eldar codex(thank you user)
>PDF
sendit.cloud/c7e7s4kue55i
>Epub
sendit.cloud/1wuv5xrub183

Other urls found in this thread:

regimental-standard.com/2017/11/01/the-stage-by-stage-guide-to-tyranid-infestation/
youtube.com/watch?v=Rur3EZe6x-U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Mork and Gork are the best gods.

Second for failbaddon is harmless

BEST LEGION COMING THRU

How should I start my Tyranid army?

buy a SC box?

>
>This is something so prevalent in the American culture and this is disgusting.
I bet that you are Russian, and also in denial of the fact that this kind of shitty attitude can be found everywhere. "muh evil capitalism" has nothing to do with it.

By waiting for the Codex to drop before making any purchasing decisions.

Or you can just buy the Swarmlord now. I don't think we're fooling anybody on that front, particularly since he can be taken by any Hive Fleet.

Ynnari book share anyone??

I'm finally getting into 40k and scratch building the Sisters I've always wanted to play but I'm worried they'll be nerfed back into uselessness when their Codex hits. Not even looking to be op, just viable. You guys think I should wait or just go for it? Has an army actually gotten worse when their Codex came out?

Nidzilla. Then fill in with small stuff.

buy the codex and sleep with it under your pillow for a while

Wait for the codex and make yourself an army list before starting anything, you madman !

Guard overall got better, though some choices people were crazy over (Fearless conscripts) got shot in the head.

Them being retarded is punishment in itself.

Its like if someone gave themself a brain damage on purpose - why feel angry, they can do what they want, but why feel sorry, they knew what they were doing.

I wasn't really planning on mixing anything with the Sisters unless it fit the theme. Is pure Sisters any good?

I would correct you and say it's the Emperor's Children, but right now they are the same thing.

>tfw no power scythe relic for Death Guard

what army builder program do you use Veeky Forums ? I have used battlescribe but is still has't benn updated with the new eldar codex and I am looking into alternatives

The only faction in any way at all nerfed by their Codex has been Imperial Guard, and GW fucked that up by failing to nerf the Index entries, anyway. Everyone else just got buffed less if their Codex was sub-par. You shouldn't have to worry too much.

Might be best to get started with stuff that's Imperial Guard compatible (Uriah, Priests, Crusaders) if you're super nervous about dipping your toe in.

You can use a piece of paper, with fucking all options removed from most units you dont even need a builder.

>THIS LACK OF WALLS OFFENDS DORN. THINGS SHALL GET FORTIFIED NOW!

Excel

paper ? I remember that, we had it back then when riding dinosaurs was cool

>Uriah
This is bad advice. He's utterly useless.

>You dont see anything like it in Europe
20/20

I use the always out of date hq-builder.com for conceptualising, then notepad.

Pure Sisters is 100% fine. Dominions, Immolators, Celestine...honestly, the 'Stuff that is good in Sisters' hasn't really changed for several editions.

>a hobby
>an activity or interest pursued for pleasure or relaxation and not as a main occupation
I would say X-wing qualifies

He's absolutely useless from his rules, but he's a cool model that can be used as a regular priest, and lets user field his army as a legal Imperial Guard list if user is super nervous and just getting started.

>I have used battlescribe but is still has't benn updated with the new eldar codex
Just wait a few days, ffs
It just came out

>a hobby
>an activity or interest pursued for pleasure or relaxation and not as a main occupation
I guess 40k doesn't for 90% of Veeky Forumsoers.

Ynnari still use Index rules, right?

It should not be rocket science.

Who ?

Yes.

Just waking up.
First for necrons.

no

>Necron players

You are probably right,it was a mistake continuing the discussion for so long anyways.

Yes, i havent seen anyone calling others '' What a poor person you are, i am richer than you ha,ha '' Maybe in slums, granted. But not in a regular social environment

[RAVENOUS DINOBUG NOISES]
>regimental-standard.com/2017/11/01/the-stage-by-stage-guide-to-tyranid-infestation/

Hey guys m, what do you think of setting up 10 Ultramarine hellblasters in an Imperial Bastion, then just using the Scions of Guilliman strat to have them blast away from their T8 W20 tower? I realize this is nearly 600 points. Is this viable?

>I can't take banter and i am also a huge faggot

Microsoft excel. First you decide which detachment your shooting for, and put its requirements and options in column 1. Bold or highlight the mandatory slots.?So if I decide I want a Battalion the first column will be:
>HQ1
>HQ2
HQ3
>Troops1
>Troops2
>Troops3
Troops4
Troops5
Troops6
Elite1
Elite2
Elite3
Etc.

2nd Column you write your units you want in each slot. Include the number of models in this section, so "Tac Marines x5" or "Tempestus Scions x7"
3rd Column is upgrades and weapons; plasma guns, special wargear, etc.
Fourth and Final column is points cost. Make sure to write out the cost in the cell as an equation so you can check your math. So a Tempestus Scion Squad with two plasma would be "=9*5+1*3+13*2"

Finally, have a cell that is "=sum(D1;D100)" that keeps a tally of the total spent points.

THINGS SHALL GET LOUD NOW
youtube.com/watch?v=Rur3EZe6x-U

>using buildings
It's like you want fists and iron warriors to enjoy their traits.

The 3 special named dudes use their index entry, but the rest of their army uses the codex version. They miss out on traits and strats, unless they take a cwe detachment

Anglophone Europe doesn't count.

Well, what "european" country are you even from, oh great operator from the interwebs ?

This is what I had in mind if you or someone else could take a quick look at it

2k/2k Battalion Detach +9CP
HQ
>Canoness, bolter, storm bolter
>Canoness, bolter, storm bolter
>Celestine with Beavis and Butthead
Troops
>Sister Squad, x2 Storm Bolters, x3 Bolters
>Sister Squad, x3 Storm Bolters, x2 Bolters
Elites
>10 Crusaders
>Dialogus
>Imagifier
>Imagifier
>Imagifier
>Imagifier
Fast Attack
x5 >Dominion Squad, Combi-flamer, x4 Meltaguns
>x5 Dominion Squad, Combi-flamer, x4 Meltaguns
>x5 Dominion Squad, storm bolter, x4 flamers
>x5 Seraphim Squad, x3 dual bolt pistol, x2 dual inferno pistol
Heavy Supp
>x5 Retributor, storm bolter, x4 heavy bolter
>x5 Retributor, storm bolter, x4 heavy flamers
Transport
>repressor, dual storm bolters

I just tried to fill in a Batallion detachment and sneak in a shield wall of sexy sexy Crusaders but I also consider just cramming in as many Dominions as possible and going fast

Ynnari are slightly complicated right now. The three Ynnari HQs use Index rules, but Ynnari Asuryani use a combination of the Index and Codex. In particular, you can take 1-2 Ynnari detachments and 1 Craftworlds detachment, and then use the Craftworlds Codex stratagems on Ynnari Asuryani units in your Ynnari detachments.

So far, the best ways I've come up with to do this are either allying in 3 Alaitoc Hemlocks, or an Alaitoc Farseer, 3 Alaitoc Fire Prisms, and 4 Alaitoc Wave Serpents.

Heyo folks.
Looking to add another unit to my AdMech army. Was looking for some suggestions on what to pick up next.
Ive got:

1x Big Daddy Cawl
3x Tech-Priest Dominus
1x Cybernetica Datasmith
5x Sicarian Infiltrators
2x Kastelan Robots
3x Kataphron Destroyers
40x Skitarii Vanguard
10x Skitarii Rangers
3x Onager Dunecrawler

Plain old mars army but i love these clanky beep boop fuckers.

Ill take Fun over WAAC anyday.

Have you had any fun games recently?

I miss picture army builder :(

Fucking norm is ruining shit.

waac

That doesn’t answer my questions

Nope. Stuck playing babysitter and waiting for parts.

So does anyone have one of those blank templates you colour in to test your colour scheme, just with Dark Angels/Deathwing as the model pictures? I want to see if I can come up with a successor chapter scheme that would look good with all the bling they have, and possibly just recolour the specific Dark Angels wing symbol so I don't have to file them off on every model and hand-paint other stuff.

When is the Tyranid codex coming out?

Nov 11 iirc

Well suck my baguette then, you dirty poorfag.

Had a game last week, Berserkers got out melee by Kroot Hounds and Stealthsuits. I've only played 6 games so far, so third win was nice.

>although I can see why people are shitting on index tau

How much are Command Points worth, point-wise? As in, how many extra points of units is it worth to take to fill out an extra Detachment for that +1 CP?

Is proxying storm bolters with dual-wielding regular bolters an option?

probably one of the stinky slav ones

The Saturday after next

More infiltrators or some dragoons.

You want like 4 boxes of Electropriests. Or ironstriders.

Depends on the army

Tyranids are insane and can fill slots at roughly 35pts each, 10 for fast attack.

Damn, my intent was to use old profiles.

If you're asking if a Canoness can wield both then yeah. If you're talking from a modeling perspective I dont see what harm could come of it

>Just came out
A week ago

>ironic shitposting is still shitposting

Why would you possibly do that?

I do find it hilarious that a SOB cannoness these days is best off acting like she's wandered out of Wolfenstien.

>Preorders
>Came out
>Same thing, really.

>preordes
>two weeks ago

It's not ironic - you ARE a huge faggot. Also probably a poorfag slavshit.

>Chapter Master and now Chaos Lord Kranon the Relentless forgot how to re-roll all to hit rolls.

No.

>mixing Ynnari with craftworld bonuses
dishonour on you, dishonour on your family, dishonour on your army, dishonour on your cow

>eldar
>any concept of honour

Good man on the Repressors! But I've never been impressed with the Dialogus, or Seraphim for that matter.

More Sicarians, perhaps Ruststalkers if you'd like to have a more complete collection of beep boops. Electro priests are good in large units even if the models are funky, but Kataphron Breachers are so painfully bad it puts me off their models.
If you want WAAC you could consider getting a larger unit of Destroyers or Robots. I have no experience with dragoons but from what I've seen of the rules the melee ones are good but sort of different to the rest of the army playstyle, while the ranged ones are less cost efficient rangers. Models are good though.

I wasn't him, I'm not from continental Europe, so I can't say he's right, just that using Bongistan as a standard for a "more enlightened" place compared to the US is naive.

Depends on the army and the stratagem. Generally though you should look at command points as part of your integral army design philosophy. An army that's more about alpha strikes and deathstars will value CP more highly, while a more "robust" army will see them as icing on the cake to occasionally get out of sticky situations. It's a good system that captures what "new GW" is at least trying to do, in that the min-maxers get a new amount of granularity and tactical decision making to make the gameplay of tightly choreographed armies less about smashing deathstars together, while those players who go for more dispersed or even, if you can believe it, casual army builds, can get bonuses without having to build around them.

November 2 minus 14 days is now October 21 rather than 23, you heard it here first.

What a shame.
Just regular SM then? Is there any particular site for the kind of thing I'm talking about?

Dialogus was because I had the points and I really wanted to have a reason to make a standard bearer

Seraphim solely exist to eat hits and bodyblock for Celestine. Any damage they do is just a bonus and I have the option to deep strike them onto or behind something if I really need it

I like this list a lot.
Let me know how the Flamer Retributors work out.

Eldar are basically space samurai that shoot ninja stars out of the million times folded catapults

That's a brigade not a battalion.

Seraphim are for spamming melta pistols and hunting big things. With AoF they start turn 1.

>no exorcists
It's like you don't even believe in the Emperor's divine luck.

They have the flags, they don't have Ken-sama's BUSHIDO.

A chicken walker or two would be nice and the models look good. Thanks man

The Elf template overrides that though.

Bolter & chainsword space marine painter
Drop it in google

Thanks.

Modeling purposes. Having squad leaders and canonesses dual-wield bolters seems just right.

Wasn't there a Russian program that had more models than just a tactical marine? What's the name of that again?