Tell me about your Pantheon Veeky Forums

They have a dog

done gone missing due to cataclysmic mcguffin event.

Which one? The elves, the dwarves, the gnolls, the Ipotanes, the dragonborns, the other myriad races that make up the world?

Regularly comes to walk among the mortals and bestow with the information and help to achieve great things

Big old building in Rome. Still a tourist attraction.

The gods are just very powerful 'warp' entities that use humans for their own gain because more worshippers make them more 'powerful' . I guess it's kind of like 40k but without every god being evil and a lot more gods.

Honestly I haven't put much thought into it since they're just a bullshit escape device for my lazy writing. Magic isn't tied to gods, they just sometimes show up and do cool shit for mortals so they don't get bitch slapped by another demon. I really could get away with the gods not being real at all but like I said, that would remove my lazy writing crutch.

Check the turtles.

>Pantheon.

Pagan heathen...

That's the Parthenon, bud.

No, he's right. The Parthenon is in Athens, the Pantheon is in Rome.

Lorane the Pearl Mother and her Husband Cawai the Black.

Originally the the Pearl mother was worshipped by fishermen as she was a sea goddess but when these coastal cities united under the rule of the 7 Anonited Kings they swept across the land to unite it under one rule.

Cawai was the god of the plains people who are basically Mayans except as cowboys. The worship of Cawai involved human sacrifice in order for Cawai to have the strength to fend off the Celestial Bull who would bring storms and ruin and destroy their crops and disease to their animals.

The leader of the 7 Kings wound up taking one of the larger tribes as an alley and fell in love with the cheif's daughter so instead of destroying the worship of Cawai outright he re-wrote their religion because everything was passed down by word of mouth so the legends were changed to make human sacrifice into working hard and shit like that and introduce Cawai to Lorane who helped him to defeat the Celestial Bull and this would become orthodox even teaching even though there are people who still insist on practicing the old ways.

Mortals that ended up in the afterlife. Since the living aren't supposed to be there, this kind of fucked with things. They also discovered they were able absorb souls in the afterlife for more power. Technically this is possible in the mortal realm, but this would kill the person involved since that's too much power for their body to handle. Being in the afterlife, and unable to die as a result, fixes that. They ended up there from a ritual a villain they were battling centuries ago, the specifics of which they keep a very closely guarded secret.

2 of the gods are Good, but they disagree with the exact definition of "Good" is, one's Evil, who spends most of his time amassing what power and knowledge he can, and then there's the Neutral one who spends most of their time trying to keep the other three from fighting constantly.

Special mention goes to Death, who isn't a god, but existed long before them, and is pretty pissed about the mess they've made of the afterlife, and simply refer to the gods as parasites.

In theory, there should be 5 gods, as the villain behind the ritual obviously completed it. Yet where the villain himself ended up is a mystery. Some say he's lost somewhere between the lands of the living and the dead.

I like this comic. I want a continuation

All mainstream gods are named after celebrity chefs.

It started as a joke about the Necronomicon calling for an absurdly large amount of butter for its spells and this was probably written by Paula Deen and spiraled from there.

They all got killed or imprisoned are hiding after another planet banished an evil goddess and she hurtled through the ether and sort of crash landed here and went on a rampage.

Now she rules over all while some few gods hide with believers.

It's literally a bunch of young adults who got a shit ton of magic during cosmological bullshit. As in, modern day young adults. The goddess of revels and drinking is some chick who used to get plastered every night, and now gets plastered every day. The god of war was a stereotypical black thug. The goddess of illusion, lies, and deception is a trap. The god of the sea used to be in marketing, oddly enough.
They used their divine powers a few times and the worship just kind of started from there.

Wait what happened to Sithrak?

Go to the Oglaf website. There are I think like three more pages of this.

I liked this set of comics good enough to storytime it. It's good, if surreally silly.

Just for those who haven't read this comic before, these two cultists worship Sithrak, who is according to them a god that hates everyone and will burn everyone equally, no amount of worship will help.

The pantheon is made up of the adventuring party we ran way back at the end of high school/beginning of college. They ascended after Orcus slew the old gods and they, in turn, slew him.
They're not really very good gods; their name in life was Greed and Treachery.

Thanks user
Fucking Wobbly Jonh, I want to know more about the other gods and there he is, stealing the spotlight

There's more

Thanks, had to step away.

It's great, isn't it?

I had no idea, thanks

what fresh hell have I just witnessed

God damn I love Oglaf.

Sithrak doesn't care, user. You'll suffer no matter what!

Such a great lead-up and then such shitty payoff, talk about wasted effort.

Thus far, the Satyr have the most well developed proper religion, and they have a pantheon of gods that influence their daily lives. No god is formally worshipped, however, shrines exist in most homes. Worth noting is that gods in this setting re-incarnate, and that there are several 'heresies' to the point where it can be said that there is thousands of gods, only some of which are seen as canonical. These are the main ones though.

The Scholar is the patron of teachers, students, and intellectual pursuits in general. He's male, and therefore, only men are allowed to hold any kind of mostly intellectual craft, this includes politics.

The Warrior is less of a symbol and more of a person, due to the infamous effects of the warrior god re-incarnating. Whenever the re-incarnation survives past puberty, society has always been influenced dramatically, simply because of the sphere of the god itself; Warfare, conquest, skill. This god, however, is unisex, which, due to a loophole, leads to many female satyr escaping their career as labourers, then mothers, to become soldiers and then stratocratic politicians. The Satyr senate is roughly 30% female, and that's when only two sixths of said parliment is reserved of military 'men'
At first, this god was usually portrayed as an androgynous, soft-featured, short person. However, recently, among the youths it almost customary to scrawl the figure as a demon with massive breasts and cock

While 'Peasant' isn't a good translation, the native satyr word is thought of as an evil omen, and is not spoken. Peasant is as close as you can come. The god is specifically the patron of servants, however, the god is also specifically female, the only one out of the entire mainstream pantheon. Satyr females are, as a rule, basically nothing more than property, to make babies and to keep the home.

I'm nearing 2k letters so I won't write about The Craftsman, but Satyr society is shit and Satyr women are basically slaves.
AMA

Definitely a case of knowing where he wanted to go but not knowing what to do once he got there.

I disagree that it was wasted effort, though. Hell of a ride.

>He

well, in my "original donut steel" setting called Ferris Terra, there's two major pantheons who ended up overseeing multiple races, technically three if you count The Saints/Paragons/Sennin of human ancestory worship.

But you had the three Elven Goddesses, Sylvia of the Woods, Nieroh of the Shade, and Alba of the Sun. Basically a standard Maiden (sylvia), mother (Alba, though all three of them are mothers), and Crone (Nieroh). Adding to this is their children who I didn't really flesh out except for one of Sylvia's daughters who married into the Dwarven Pantheon of The Great Stone Court.

Which leads to the Great Stone Court which includes:
>The Great Metal King
>The Radiant Jeweled Queen
>The Brass Prince (married the Oak Princess)
>The Adamantine Knight
>The Diamond High Priestess
>The Pyrite Clown
>The Sapphire Advisor/Scribe
>The Duke of Gold
>The Ruby Duchess

And it kinds of goes on like that. Some are more fleshed out in my head than others. (for example, the brass prince represents innovation, (creative) intelligence, and is also minutely a love god)

The Turtle Moves

Basically there is this one guy who gets how the universe really function and that people should not be assholes since he is technically twice as old as the universe, then there is his asshole children who he has to constantly police to make sure they dont cause the apocalypse

4 OG gods who made the universe

2 Gods created when 2 wizards fucked up magic so bad they time traveled before time and watched the OG gods create the universe

1 God that was a mortal who fedora'd himself into God status. He convinced enough people that no gods existed. By the time he died enough people believed his message and he ascended.

Kind of fits with the theme though. Sithrak hates you too much to give you a satisfying ending. And the majority of oglaf comics end making sense, in some twisted way, so it's not like it's a trend of the authors being lazy.

So Earth in my setting was in an area of space that did not have magic (or just had it intermittently in small amounts) for a long time, and once humanity started to branch out across the stars eventually they encountered magic. Several different groups of people encountered it around the same time, and this caused some real tumult for a while among the human race. Eventually, a sort of covert religious movement formed when souls were empirically proven to be real (they're basically reverberations of high consciousness in upper dimensions that can trap and hold magic) that was centered around the idea of merging souls into each other in order to create a powerful being. This culminated in around a dozen individuals greedily consuming the souls of other humans while eschewing physical form. At some point, they had absorbed the entirety of humanity and grew remorseful at what thy had done (but had the power of trillions of trillions of souls and continued to grow without consumption) and then traveled the magic-rich regions of the galaxy while avoiding other cosmic meta-entities where they found the game world. It was already inhabited by a race, but they saw that that race had created a magic "shadow" on the planet that housed the souls of their dead that they as soul-beings could also inhabit. They first tried to convince that race that they were their gods, but were almost immediately recognized as something else. (1/2)

So, one horrible genocide begat another and they wiped the planet and its shadow clean while maintaining that perfect magical architecture. Now, even while they were hiding from other, bigger gods of a sort in their realm, they felt cramped and wanted their realm to be a bit bigger. As the race that they hijacked had their afterlife grow from the magic held by the souls that drifted there, the logical course of action would be to seed the planet with sapient life in order to have a stable form of magical transport. To accomplish this, most of them made their own tailored race that they felt would glorify their virtues best to inhabit the planet (with on group of lesser gods creating two races communally) and also humans in a reflection of their guilt that would serve as an impartial anchor to the physical realm. As of now, they mostly just hang out and bicker inside their sphere while occasionally doing stuff to slightly nudge the mortals to a point of stasis where they constantly breed and die without expanding too much.

Everquest pantheon. None of my players have any familiarity with it, so it made it easy

The Nine Gods have been increasingly active in the world lately because they fear that the original gods, the Triumvirate, will escape from their prison.

The God of Death, despite the title, isn't an edgelord. He's more of a Lawful Neutral type entity, but his son is more of the run-of-the-mill Death God. His son is currently staging a war in the Heavens to try and supplant his father.

The other members of the Pantheon are sitting by and watching instead of helping.

>The Satyr senate is roughly 30% female
That's actually quite a lot.

I used this as a basis for my current campaign

so far my players seem to enjoy it

I love poetry like this for world building. The stage performer in me loves reading and listening to things like this.

Thanks. Have another poem.

>The stage performer in me loves reading and listening to things like this
And the writer in me loves it when people complement his work.

Dying. There are only 4-5 gods left able to do anything in any meaningful capacity. Nobody knows though, Since two of them have managed to trick the entire world of mortals into thinking everything's fine And that the one who's doing the illusions is actually a barbarian like god of strength

Mines pretty simple. I use it for a homebrew d&d campaign. Ila, the goddess of good, and Edos, God of evil. They're referred to as the two faced gods, because each has a side that rules over everything in the natural world, and one side that rules over all human affairs, with Edos over all evil things in the two "faces" and Ila over all good things in the two "faces".

I've been thinking. It seems like most settings have like, good deities and bad deities, often in pairs with related portfolios. Like, isn't that kind of weird? Wouldn't it make more sense to have, say, one deity of agricultural fertility that's either wrathful or benevolent depending on its whims? That would free up cleric alignment a lot, though. What does that do to church structures? Do you have opposing cults of the same figure?

How do you guys approach this?

Start with Sithrak, then make them all like that. Everyone who worships one of the known gods is considered a madman, but some hope that other gods will eventually arrive that wont suck.

>God of the Sun
>Is represented by a ring with 8 spikes.
>Does not have clerics, the belief is passed from parents to children
>Asks for self reliance and self-betterment because resurrection is a trial and those who fail it become ghosts or revenants chained to their moment of dead forever

>Goddess of the Moon
>Is represented by a beautiful maiden dressed in blue
>Demands the following of several commandments and payment of tithes to her church for blessings and scripture readings
>Has an organized religion
>The virtuous can enter the eternal sleep with the all-mother Moon, the sinful become ghosts or revenants depending on how they sinned.

>Goddess of the Harvest
>Represented by a wheat crown
>Demands the working of the land and respect for animal populations. The having and rearing of children and the acceptance of death as part of life.
>Has loosely organized clerics
>Those who live in balance with nature get to become part of the great pulse of life, those who don't become ghosts or revenants

>The Wanderer
>People don't carry idols or icons to represent him but claim he looks like an old, pale man dressed in black rancher clothes
>It is said he walks along everyone, every day of their lives recording what good or ill we commit, and at the time of death lets us know the kind of life we lived so we may judge ourselves.
>The belief is mostly passed as legendry and superstition rather than religion
Those who live worthy lives can then walk with him into an endless sunset field where they can rest in peace. Those who lived shameful lives are left behind.

I don't tell my players which one, if any, of these beliefs is real.

cute, now I'm imagining the gods as stars of some kind of weird reality show. People of different backgrounds brought together under the same roof - will they learn to live with each other, or will they learn to love each other?

There’s 77 of them. Used to be a bunch of titans, trolls older than gods. The sun is dead but still gives light, several gods died in multiple Gods Wars and a shadow purge. We have an actual god of retardation and insanit , you give worship to him by praying in other Gods churches. Many suspect the clergy to be trolling ala Diogenes

The god of crafting has the name of an old man from our town who built some huge wooden fortresses and towers which we use for LARP. He passed away last year.

Yes, that is quite a lot.

The military is a loophole so that amost every single capable, initiative-taking woman strives to become an officer so that she then can become a politician.

Is Betty Crocker among them yet?

Running around fucking/blessing/cursing mortals, while the High King of the Pantheon trys to herd them like cats into stopping the end of the world because he is actually incredibly untrusting of mortals or demigods despite them being the best chance for salvation.

I also have a range of Godbeast's that travel along the edges or under the earth breeding with eachother and other animals and occasionally mortals to create all the monsters in the world. And a group of older more Titan-esque gods that have all been either killed or imprisoned by the gods, but four of them are fated to find freedom and end the world in cataclysm.

And I'm contemplating a origin source of one to three primordial entities that spawned them all.

Some small project I'm involved with has an old forgotten pantheon with gods of various mundane things. They've become secluded and reclusive, somehow they're still able to exist without followers since they were based on concepts that are still in practice.

The status quo remains unchallenged for ages, the gods and goddess paired up and swap partners whenever, all except for one who has remained miserable and lonely:
The Goddess of Shadow Puppetry or "some goddess" as everyone calls her later in the story.

Eventually she got too lonely and went down to see what the mortals were up to. She looks plain, really plain. Nothing at all like a goddess. She visits some shops, some restaurants, sees an action movie with one of those muscular action hero types who takes every opportunity to go shirtless. Thinks the actor in the movie looks OK, but dosen't even compare to the type of god bodies she's used to seeing.

Then while walking around she spots someone doing that dramatic costume change, you know, the Superman shirt opening, and there goes a super hunk springing into action to fight some super villains. And she's smitten.

The hero gets his ass kicked (his powers don't work all the time, "performance issues") but that's a non-issue to her. She goes home and commissions a magic outfit from the clothing goddess.

The hero goes home dejected and decides he needs a career change, so he's made an appointment at the super hero help organization in the setting. A package arrives at his door, it's a new super suit from an admirer, he tries it on, it's super skimpy, and a huge hand from the sky comes down and pulls him into the cloud domain of the pantheon where some goddess has a crazy one night stand with him to test his new suit that lets him have full control over his powers (standard super strength, senses, and stamina). She would've kept him longer if the other gods hadn't sent him back when she was distracted.

cont. I guess.

He's paranoid she'll abduct him again and goes to the super help organization where they look into it. A demon they've got on their payroll (demons aren't really from hell in this setting, just from another plane) informs him that he put on the suit and now he's this goddesses champion so she can do whatever she wants with him.
Demon being a demon finds a loophole where if he's on a quest for the goddess, her being able to interfere with his life becomes more limited.

So through some twisted logic of shadow puppetry being entertainment derived through manipulation of light, motion pictures fall under this goddess' jurisdiction.
Now he's working as a stuntman (the demon is his agent), the goddess is getting a massive power boost by having a champion, the other gods are shitting themselves wondering what the runt of the pantheon is planning, and she doesn't give a damn while just obsessively watching her guy.

The hero has to deal with finding enough work in films to fulfill the quest clause while also dealing with champions from other gods trying to take him out (mostly over petty jealousy over how much more popular he is than their guys).

So far he's had to fight with the god of drums champion, the goddess of paper's champion, and the goddess of folding's (as in the concept of being able to fold things) champion and gets more popular with each film and victory leading to some goddess getting more and more powerful, but still hold up in her house most of the time just watching him.

Now the war god of the pantheon is taking interest and there's going to be a god civil war.

Agreed.
I want to read more, but I'm at work.

The main deity is Reth. God of Knowledge

I feel I should clarify here. This isn't a god of wisdom or books. This is a deity whose main sphere is "knowing shit" exclusively. Reth wants only that you learn. Naturally this has led to an ages-spanning series of autistic questions and mass confusion from the faithful.

Is it better to know many meaningless things or one fact of importance?
Is Reth more pleased by the act of learning or what you learn?
Does the value of what you learn increase with its scarcity? or is it better to learn the same subjects a million other people do?

Wars have broken out seeking the answer to these. The Rote Heresy saw proponents of mass education come under fire from scholars and researchers backing a mercenary army

There are technically three distinct pantheons within the empire, the structure of the Religion is fairly similar to the Roman Cults and Greek Pantheons with new gods being added and other gods falling out of popularity:

//The Celestial Gods//

>Father God of the Eternal Sky and the Lord of Light (His Physical Manifestation is the Sun)

>The Three Daughters, each representing different aspects of fertility, harvests, omens and death (Their Physical Forms are the three moons around the world)

The temples to the celestial gods are quite grand and have dedicated areas that are open to the sky. Many priests dedicate themselves to reading the portents in the stars and become dedicated astrologists. They are generally seen as being the most powerful of the gods within the official Imperial Religion.

//Terran Gods//

The Gods of the Earth that were created by the Eternal Father of the Sky:

>Divine Smith

>Gilded God

>Goddess of Victory

>Twin Gods of War

>Goddess of Learning and Justice

//Provincial Gods//

Though technically more of collection of disparate cults to local gods and powerful spirits it varies per the province within the Empire.It ranges from the Frog of Good luck to the Mischievous Imp.

He made the world and all the people and continues to make things. While he cares about his creations he only tends to be distracted from his work building a future when things are already tits up, at which point he doesn’t have a good way to fix things and his help is a terrifying mixed bag of his solutions needing solutions.

Personally, I think she should have ended it one page earlier, bonking Wobbly John on the head and yelling Naughty!

>wont suck
But Sithrak is kind of good benevolent god,

There a difference between gods and demons in this setup, or are they all just entities with differing aesthetics (or maybe power level)?

But that's a bit like the death of the Imaginary God. Not sure if this happens before or after.
Honestly, if the guy they were performing the show for were actually the Illusionist, that'd work.

The prime gods who created the world are seven Lovecraftian elder gods, huge horrors who drive men to madness by sheer proximity, but who are essentially benevolent in the same way a guy with an ant farm is benevolent to ants. They like observing mortals and so built a world where they could gather the mortals they liked and watch them. Though they did not create any of the mortals of this world, they did gift a few of them powers to help them shape their surroundings, since an elder god cannot foresee the tiny needs of brief beings.

Also to this end they created local gods of major concepts, who were powerful but didn't have the whole "gaze upon me and be unmanned" thing going on, as intermediaries. Those gods in turn created lesser functionary deities, angels essentially, to handle direct interaction with the mundane world, serving as individual spirits for temples and shrines and suchlike. Outside exceptional cases, these angels did most of the legwork, allotting level gains and evaluating alignment shifts, and only getting the greater gods involved for things that required true divine intervention.

The world has a bit of an adventurer problem, though, and by one way or another most of the greater gods wound up dead. Even the cthonic elders eventually abandoned the plane for reasons unknown. Now it's mainly the lesser functionaries, who have been largely obsoleted by the slowly changing magic system, and a few idle greater deities who have grown bored and listless. The plane may soon move beyond gods entirely, but it has already become a world of mortals.

Each of the 12 creator gods embodies a different virtue or set of virtues. Faithful people are expected to dedicate themselves to the service of one of the 12 and live by that God's virtues in all cases. Those who do are said to be taken into that God's personal realm upon death, to spend their time before reincarnation there instead of being left to wander heavens frigid outlands. Especially devoted faithful are even said to be allowed to take a fragment of their God's glory with them when their soul is sent back, and that this is the source of hero's and magics, at least the proper ones.

There is also another god, sometimes called the 13th, the poision maw, or the gentle mother(largely depending on where you stand vis a vis her legitimacy). The 13th doesn't ask anything of her followers but that they show each other kindness and she's much more direct about offering power no the spot, but no soul which has entered her realm has ever been seen to reincarnate, or been contacted by any magical means.

The official church spends a lot of time breaking up "maw cults", considering them servants of some horrible demon from beyond that wants to eat all the souls.

The mother's children on the other hand, assert that the failure of souls to return is a good thing. She will allow her children to stay with her in her paradise realm forever instead of booting souls back to the material world full of suffering

It ws all part of the show to promote Sythrak, all 3 were in on it from the beginning. It was directed to the reader.

If ypu remember hes the good god killed by that chinese emperor who buried himself with his clay warriors.
Which means the throne of god is held by some chinese old dude.
This explains everything about Oglaf

Aset has a bunch of hilariously vindictive and ruthless escapades that I steal whenever possible.

Seth had successfully argued to the rest of the Gods that there was no way in hell that Aset would be impartial, so they kicked her out and made a secret "no Aset allowed" meeting to judge if Horus or Seth would be King. So Aset goes Snow White on these motherfuckers and disguises herself as an poor old -totally human- woman giving some food and shit for her son. Nemty the Ferryman is absolutely not buying this, even when the poor dear offers him some cake. so Aset says fuck it and just bribes him with cold hard cash.

In the meantime Seth gets pissy about the Gods favoring Horus more and more, so he grabs the Crown and throws it into the water and challenges Horus to some bullshit shape-shifting race. When Aset discovers her precious hawkboy is now a hippo fighting Seth-opotamus for the crown she immediately begins to cheat. She creates an enchanted harpoon and tries to skewer Seth... while accidentally hitting Horus.

Later after Horus calms down and Aset gets her head reattached to her body (family squabbles you know?), Horus runs up to mommy and tells Aset about how seth raped him in his sleep. She does what any mom would do, striking off the bits of her son that touched dick with her knife, gives him some magical aphrodisiac and a quiet corner with a bucket, then mixes in the semen of Horus with Seth's lunch.

Also there was the time she took some of Ra's dna and made a monster with it that infected Ra with its venom, so Aset could demand something exchange for the antidote. You know, nothing major, just his True Name is all.

>implying he passed away
>implying he didn't just ascend into the heavens to take his rightful place or shed his current avatar.

All female war deities for one, just because me and my DMs assistant at the time wanted to troll an extremely toxic player. Then we just wound up really liking them and kept it that way.

They are a bunch of weird assholes who grant powers to those that behave like them, so it's possible (under the right circumstances) to have an unholy mix of a wizard and a cleric. Amusingly enough there's one that's essentially a "fuck the DM over" kit.

Fine then, let's just call them "saints" instead

Do they get drunk?

Depends on the alignment really.
The Lawful good goddess probably not (often)
The Neutral one is too busy with her primary portfolio being strategy.
And the Evil one is a bit of a tribal goddess (though still lawful) so yeah she'd drink after a good battle.

The humans, or the dwarves? I'm still working on the others.
For the humans on the island Kandin, three gods. Zenin, Eternal Miner, and the sea monster I can never spell.
Zenin, paradoxes.
Eternal miner, doesn't wan't worshippers, but mining. Created the world.
Vodgranaza (I can never spell this): Creates water. If it woke up, that would be bad. Very bad. Octopus out of coral, with thirty tentacles.

In my ethnic minority's pantheon, there are two distinct kinds of gods within their cosmology. There are the Primordial Ones, pillars of creation who embody a certain theme such as Fate, Time, Space, etc., and then there are the Elder Gods, who are more or less your standard-fare deities. At the Beginning of All Things, the Primordial ones were the first ones to hatch from the gestating energies within the Cosmic Egg, whereas the Elder Gods were born from the fragments of its shell that were left floating in the void.

The most important Primordial Ones are its eldest and youngest: Gathyed, Primordial of Creation, and Aetherion, Primordial of Destruction. Where Gathyed desired to set itself as a gardener of the cosmos, growing and pruning worlds as he saw fit, Aetherion desired nothing else than to slake an insatiable thirst. But a deal was struck: for every ten worlds Gathyed created, it would give a planet for Aetherion and its spawn to consume, regardless of how advanced its civilizations were. And if Gathyed needed to wipe the slate clean of a particular world or sector, then all the more power to Aetherion.

Eventually, Aetherion became jealous of Gathyed, and desired to have his sibling's power and regency over the universe, as well as the unabashed fear and adoration of its inhabitants. It lured Ushoklanc, Primordial of Fate, into a deadly trap, and usurped a significant portion of its power. Now in possession of an Eye that could see infinite possibilities, it challenged Gathyed in a conflict that would become the War in Heaven.

(cont.)

As the forces of Creation and Destruction duked it out, there were Primordial Ones, Elder Gods and civilizations who refused Gathyed's call, and tried to book it out of the cosmos. Kathgriorg, Primordial of Doors, had opened portals to other realities in an attempt to flee the chaos. Sadly, it didn't go all that well.

Atherion sent one of its spawn, Erithion, Primordial of Beasts, to intercept the refugees. Panicked at the sight of the beast, Kathgriorg closed the portals, leaving millions trapped on the other side. Among these trapped were the Twins of the Void, Ingur and Ingul, a pair of Elder Gods born from a single fragment of the Cosmic Egg. Even as Erithion began to tear into the refugees, the siblings steeled their resolve and turned to face their destiny.

Meanwhile, Gathyed was getting the shit kicked out of him. No matter how many forces he brought to the table, Aetherion was just too damn powerful, glutted by eons of devouring worlds and an eye that saw through Fate itself. When it became clear that he would lose the war, Gathyed detonated itself to deny Aetherion his servitude, reducing himself into little more than cosmic dust. Raging at this denial, the Primordial of Destruction then swore that he would destroy the cosmos that his sibling had devoted himself to growing.

(cont.)

Worlds burned, and an uncountable number of souls were consigned to the maw of Destruction. Aetherion and its spawn, the Elementals, were slowly carving their way through the garden of the Creator. All that stood in their way, such as remnants of Gathyed’s forces, or those who tried to surrender, were destroyed.

However, when Aetherion was separated from the Elementals, it became the victim of an ambush that even its eye could not predict.

Riding atop the back of Erithion, Ingur and Ingul, the Twins of the Void, attacked the Primordial. The Twins had tamed the Primordial of Beasts, breaking it into servitude after several cycles of mounting its back and binding it with a bridle and rope of pure energy. Enraged at the betrayal, Aetherion turned to crush them, but it found itself unable to utilize its Eye. When he stared at the Twins, it was as if there was a shadow blocking them from its sight, a darkness cast by the greatclub carried by Ingur.

The wandering shade of Ushoklanc, Primordial of Fate, had joined forces with the trio, imbuing itself within a greatclub fashioned from the mangled remnants of a planet’s core. The embodiment of Fate blinded the eye, as it drove away infinite possibility and ensured a strict and uniform causality. Without its eye, and separated from its spawn, Aetherion was unable to respond swiftly in time. But the Twins had to be quick – if they dawdled for too long, and were not fast enough, the Primordial would gain its bearings and destroy them all.

Yet they prevailed. The shade of Ushoklanc howled in glee as the Twins drove the club into its Eye and reduced it into a bloody pulp. Aetherion writhed in pain as an eternity of infinite possibility coursed through its mind, no longer held in check by the eye. Eventually, its mind fractured, then shattered as its consciousness was ground into oblivion.

(cont.)

All that was left was a broken husk, neither alive nor dead that simply drifted through the cosmos. But Ushoklanc warned the twins that as a pillar of creation, it would only be inevitable before Aetherion’s mind became whole once more. Heeding its warnings, Ingur and Ingul set to the task of creating a prison that would seal the beast away until the end of time itself.

This prison would become the earth, and its very foundations were the spawn of the beast itself. The Primordial Elementals had come rushing upon hearing their progenitor’s cries of agony, but they were too late. And upon arrival, they were swiftly subdued, and sealed away into the infantile planet.

Aguilen, Primordial of Fire, became the layer closest to the planet’s core, a ring of fire that nothing short of a god could enter. Kiduln, Primordial of Stone, formed the impenetrable bedrock that girdles the core and prevents escape or entry. Agwelan, Primordial of Water, became the saline ocean that kept her siblings in check through the very weight of her body. Kabulon, Primordial of Air, became the final seal, a barrier of winds to separate the planet from the void from where they all came.

Four Seals keep the Four Elementals in check, seals of Sky, Ocean, Earth and Flame. When all these seals are unlocked, the gates to the earth’s core will open, and the path will be laid clear to the inner prison of Aetherion, where Ingur remains to maintain the prison for all of time.

For its services and loyalty, Erithion was spared by Ingur and Ingul, and took a favored place by the side of the gods.

(cont.)

The following are the children of the Twins, born from Ingur’s seed and Ingul’s womb when they created the earth:
Aldawi, Dawn’s First Light, leaping to take her place on her mother’s shoulder. She is the sun, the celestial body that brings light to the world and showers all with her radiance. Shrouded robes of pure sunlight, she travels the domain her parents created, bringing light to all corners of the earth.

Laptalu is the Lady in Green, settling onto the planet with jubilant laughter. She is the goddess of spring and water, sowing the earth with her hair and crying tears of both sadness and joy. From her hair, the first plants took root, and her tears nursed them into blooming.

Zethul was unruly even in the womb. The Song of Storms came stomping in the wake of his sister, wielding spears of lighting within all four of his arms. His shout is the peal of thunder, the clarion call to war and the beginning of summer. But for his fickle and unruly mood, he is also a god of justice.

Dulgora, the Bountiful Harvest, came in a wake of gold and red. The goddess of autumn watched over the plants her sister had sown, bringing each to the fullness of their maturity. Fertility and nourishment are her domains, as are the arts that sustain the souls of man.

Onganul left his mother’s womb with deliberate slowness as to ease her pain. The Tender of Dreams is a patient and deliberating god, content to let the hoarfrost of winter slowly engulf the land. His breath is the coldest air, and his ministry is of the faithful who dream.

Last to come was Tdulok, the Shadow of Night, who took his place opposite of Aldawi. He is the moon, the solitary pearl of twilight, and his existence is antithetical to his sister. If she is the light that brings life to the world, then he is the darkness that brings death. Young or old, man or woman, all stand to be reaped at his pleasure.

And loyal Erithion, now renamed Erithi, became an honorary god, one of Beasts and Wilder Places.

What up, Kaz? Next session when?

Definitely not this week. Maybe next week if I don’t have any wild papers.

The universe is just empty space, filled with small amounts of the four traditional elements, and aether, with Boltzmann brain type entities existing out there, due to the infinite timescales of everything, and some conglomerations of like elements (so, explaining astronomy and such). They got cold in the nothingness, so decided to gather in an amount of fire, but needed insulation, making the universe a set of spheres with the Gods and the Underworld (basically the mantle) at the centre, to trap heat.

However, the Gods grew bored, and so created Demons as entertainment.

The creation myth is a bit more complex than this, and continues for a long time, culminating in the Gods not finding but discovering surface life, meaning that it has independence (and so a form of free will from the almost omniscient Gods), though this can be interpreted by different groups in different ways, so dwarves say "being deeper puts us more close to what the Gods made, giving us free will, but still the most Godly of races, making us superior" for example. This is the main accepted basis of religion and science for almost all civilised cultures, and existed as a worldview for a long time, with most accepting it originally came from dwarves. Exceptions, such as many more nature tuned cultures (so, prime example being elves), who, instead of using Aether elements combined with other things to make magical machinery and alchemy, use tools created by the Gods, so, think "spirits of nature" types of things which work sort of like programming languages, allowing for them to use more "traditional" magic, the sort you might find in normal fantasy for example.

In short, anyone who subscribes to this cosmology isn't given a specific set of Gods to believe in, allowing conflict to arise through disagreements, or false Gods for example, such as demons.

It's fully fleshed out, even explaining things like lightening and meteors, but it's too complicated to explain in any detail here.

Exactly. No one has actually had anything to do with the gods for several generations and eventually one of them will figure out that a quick miracle or two and a rebranding will get them all the followers they want.

Playthings, all of you!

I think it's weird that the black doomsayer became just slightly more tan than the goateed doomsayer from his first appearance.

In fact, he's getting whiter with every comic. Does worship of the Blind Gibberer give you vitiligo?

>Agrippa: Halfling Goddess, basically started everything off, considered the mother of everything.

>Du'Kan'Vu: Her brother. Agrippa created humanity, but her brother wasn't as gifted. He made monsters, and each kill attributed to one of them made him a little more powerful. Found that mortal souls are fucking delicious through this. Also the founder of Necromancy, people have to make a sacrament through a meal for Necromantic power/lichdom

Dashan: Agrippas first champion, and husband. Invented metallurgy, gave the riddle of steel to humanity to directly fight everything Du'Van'Ku spawned.

>Bobo, father of the fools: The first joke (Time in the cult is measured in BH/AH, or before honk and after honk) spawned the first laughter, which spawned magic. Bobo isn't as revered, and most of the legend has become warped through time, but he still watches from the sideline, protecting the innocent, and playing completely harmless pranks.

Brace for furfaggotry.

Three sister goddesses all love animals. They saw that it was good for there to be a world where animals could walk and talk. So they descend upon a primal, savage world with no intelligent life save monsters, and from the natural creatures of this world they raised the beastfolk.

But between the elder two, there was a dispute. The goddess of Law wished to see the beastfolk rise to civilization, to build cities and castles and courts, to fill the Earth and subdue it. The goddess of Chaos wished to see the animal-folk remain close to nature, close to the wilds that are their home. Thus did the Law goddess separate the domestic animals from the rest: the dogs from the wolves, the cats from the wildcats, and the cattle from the aurochs.

Meanwhile, the younger goddess of Balance cowered from her sister's quarrels, and instead spent her time whispering gently to the beastfolk in times of hardship, and leading them to peace and mutual prosperity wherever she could.

They're literally the Justice Society of America.
My players still haven't figured it out yet.

I'd have thought Kalken, god of truth and justice and The Iridescence, god of Light and travels would have been big tip-offs.

>Granted Ted
>God of Boxing and Fuck You Just Boxing