really?

>not using superior weapons when they're available
I bet you use swords

Perhaps anime was a mistake.

>he still thinks yon-chan isn't an anime site

>be me
>friend invites me to join his pathfinder campaign
>perma DM in my other group so agree
>"oh just a heads up user, muskets and early rifles exist in my setting, in case you want to play a gunslinger"
>check out the gunslinger class, party I'll be joining is level 11 so I will be too on joining
>check out alternate class features
>see charisma based class build
>see leadership feat
>get idea
>Roll up an 19th century style, guffawing british redcoat officer with brilliant moustache, pith helmet and all.

Honestly he wasn't even that good a character just stupid fun to play

Isn't the edginess of guns really dependent on the rest of the characters and what the setting looks like? If you're playing a modern campaign in a warzone, I expect most characters to have guns. If you're playing in a genre/setting/story/whatever that normally lacks them, then yeah, I could see it coming across as a bit edgy.

Or maybe just some country hick who's a total gunaboo

>country hick
When will this meme die? Nowadays there's more guns and gun owners in urban centers.

Thing with guns is basically once they became practical enough for widespread use, everyone either had one or wanted one. If guns past primitive wheellock shit exist then they're gonna be common or at least desired amongst adventurers. Since edgelord is synonymous with "tryhard", wouldn't most edgelords actually refuse guns?

Please refer back to pic related in my previous post, it was a reference to a specific character who manages to not be an edgelord while being the only guy on the team to use a gun. Hell, the country boy loves tech better than the rest of the cast combined.

>not using a halberd/gun hybrid

What about cannons?

Anime is the biggest mistake.
It is trash and so are we.

>cannons
What are you compensating for something there?

shut up and post mugis

Is that what we're called gang members now? Gun owners?

500ft and a brick wall between myself and the guy i want dead.

As someone who's half redneck on my father's side, the appeal of the country hick gun nut deal is centered on the romanticization of the country lifestyle (hunting season, Small town bars, motorized bar stool racing) so although guns are more commonly found in urban areas you're less likely to see a muzzleloader or lever action rifle used in urban conflicts versus an average hunting season in the sticks.

Acceptable if you've heard of the newest sensation sweeping the nation.

What if the game is set in Texas? Is the edgelord the only character who doesn't have a gun?

The edgelord dual wields. Trust me, I've been there.

yes

Then why in a modern military or crime based setting you can immediately spot the edgelord based solely on them refusing to use guns in favor of a sword.

possibly of the folded one mirrion times variety

OFFICIAL MODERN SETTING WEAPON TIER LIST

>God Tier
Fists, knives, pistols (akimbo)

>High Tier
Shotguns, explosives (as primary), LMGs, SMGs

>Good Tier
Assault rifles, pistols (single), sniper rifles (used properly)

>At least you're trying Tier
Any anachronistic/historical weapon that isn't a katana

>I prescribe lead asprin Tier
Katanas, sniper rifles (trying to quickscope in a tabletop game)

Is this the edgy anime gunslinger thread?

>Elder God tier
Grenades (Pin not pulled)

>Ultimate Overdiety Tier
Pointed stick

>not using a gun that fires three halberds per combat round and is itsself a halberd

>Meta-Entity Tier
two sticks

Single pistols, hand tools, sports equipment, and buckets over doors are all cooler than dualies.

SHALL

The definition of a good character is one who increases total amount of fun being had by everyone at the table.

I wish there were more like you.

WUZ

Stick on a rope

Who's that cute girl?

SOMEBODY

SHALL

>not playing as boisterous and fun loving musketeer who takes great pride in his ability to make big noises

>Not using an arquebus
I've been sitting on a character idea of a gunmaker's apprentice, who only knows how to make extremely early types of guns, going on a journey to improve his designs, incorporating magic into the gun and bullets. Also, he would often be forced into just using the bayonet.

"Habe you tried not playing D&D?" shitposters, /pol/ and pic related are far more guilty of that

That's what I told them when I showed up to a modern-day setting campaign and i was the only one using katanas.

>Instantly beating GOO-level sorceror tier
half-brick in a sock

>girl
I know you probably asked because you already knew it, but...