Citadel Butt Plug Edition

>Tyranid Stratagems
warhammer-community.com/2017/11/02/codex-tyranids-preview-stratagems/

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=fnAYHVXR0Hg

>GW FAQ (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/09/05/celebrate-30-years-of-warhammer-40000-top-5-squigsgw-homepage-post-3/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

>Craftworld Eldar codex(thank you user)
>PDF
sendit.cloud/c7e7s4kue55i
>Epub
sendit.cloud/1wuv5xrub183

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y7VREYeG9Vs
youtu.be/9Fl27wKaGFw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Chaos vehicles are dead.

my dudes > your dudes

Are you the same kind of person who says white genocide isn't real because people aren't actively saying they want to kill all white people?

Come on user why wouldnt they squat chaos vehicles then bring out tons of brand new kits?

youtube.com/watch?v=Y7VREYeG9Vs why do they do this?

Jesus Christ user, take it to /pol

What is the most brutal lore as of late?

back to your containment board alt-shit

my rainbow>your greytide

As new general started I will repeat the question :

Could someone help with Eldar list? I am totally new player to 40k and I want to build Eldar army for around 1k points.

Mostly looking at Ulthwe or Alaitoc, I am really not huge fan of Yvraine

Gav Thorpe doin an AMA on the Reddits tomorrow

yes yes you're too edgy for Reddit, super sekrit club etc etc

A few weeks back at the game store I fucking rekt a Catachan player
Yesterday he was really excited to play me for what seemed like no reason so we had another game.
He had his actual codex this time and kicked my ass.
Do you think he just wanted to get me back or does he want the succ?

do they all work together?

So how do you want your dudes to fight? What units do you like the look of? Do you want a small, elite force, or a rainbow of all the aspects? If you want help, get us started. There are a million ways to build any army.

Both.

What should I get after buying pic related for 1k pts games? I know it's a decent deal but still it's pretty expensive so I'm looking for budget ways to expand this box

any ideas for a FUN™ 500 point Craftworld list?

most of my friends are casuals/focus on fluff to the active detriment of their army (one plays Thousand Sons while actively refusing to run Magnus, Ahriman, or any Daemon Princes)

I'm gonna field a ten-man rubricae with icon of flame, sorcerer with staff/bolt pistol...

flamers or bolters for the squad?

SC! Tyranids, both the new and the old one are pretty great.

Paints? I mean i wouldn't buy anything after it until i have the entire thing painted.

I like chimeras and mechanized infantry (not heavy armor, mech infantry). Too bad GW doesn't anymore.

Holy strawman.

How many carnifexes are too many, because I see myself making 7 including old one eye.

Yes. Their endgame is the complete and utter destruction of carnacs butt

Jaghatai Khan surfing on top of a ridiculously fast tank during the Siege of terra and cutting down whatever he didn't run over?

That tech priest guy lifting a chaos space marine sergeant up with his mechandrites, tearing him into quarters, and then throwing them into his squad to break their moral?

No such thing as too many.

What would you ask him?

I wanna ask him if there are any Death Guard books coming out.

They're relegated to side characters and villains, never really their own protagonists. Except Garro, but he's a loyalist so that hardly counts.

I wanna read a Mortarion Primarch book, dealing with how he has had 3 fathers and how him hating all of them affects him. How he doesn't accept that he's truly fallen and so on. Would be great if ADB wrote it.

Holmes the other user was being nice nudging you to give us more background, noone wants to fish for your thoughts to help you, bring something to the table maybe

>I like chimeras and mechanized infantry (not heavy armor, mech infantry).
As a BAfag whose army's core was Tacticals in Razorbacks blitzing up the board, I feel your pain at how mechanized infantry play in 8E.

Well, Icon of Flame is pretty short range so if you want it for more than looking pretty (And its quite pretty) then go for flamers. But flamers are quite expensive too... you're gonna have a bad time with Rubrics.

You need a delivery system for them, but that adds cost onto cost and its just unreasonable.

I want to know what Cypher's been up to the past century, last time we saw him he was on Terra with what we assume is the Lionsword

Wheres my Primeork?
When does Ghaz get to (literall) butt heads with the big plastic lads?

Tell me about the model standing on this tank

I don't know much about warhammer, so I am not sure what is good and what isn't... I generally like Eldrad from what I read about him, I like guardians and scatbikes, autarchs..

I don't got anything recent.

youtu.be/9Fl27wKaGFw

Well, I need 1000pts of models to play legal games in the lgs but I'm sure as fuck I'm not gonna buy anything above these 1000 for a long while
Then I'm gonna buy the old one - thanks

Grab a couple of Wave Serpents and put infantry in them then. You’re now halfway to 1k. Add some Bikes and some elites and walk away.

going to try and buy as many chaos vehicles as possible so i can flog them after they go out of production, if you can id recommend doing the same for delicious profit

wargames exclusive pinup guards(wo)man

Has Perturabo ascended to Daemon Prince status or is he still a mortal sperg?

What is this chaos vehicle meme about? I go to one fucking concert and I miss everything, I swear to god

I would hotglue a lot of those tbqh.

Metal as fug.

>hey Gav, I've got this great idea for a book
>& I want ADB to write it
Please do this

So the Behemoth Relic is Scythes of Tyran, replaces a models monstrous scything talons, has +1 strength and adds +1 attack and generates additional attacks on 6+ to hit.

OOE can take this, already has an ability that generates additional attacks on 6+ to hit. He's also a Carnifex and benefits from his own +1 hit aura, and benefits from the +1 to hit on the turn he charges from the new Living Battering Ram.

So OOE on the charge with this relic has 6 Strength 8 attacks hitting on 2+, re-rolling 1s, generating TWO extra attacks on each 4+ to hit, doing 3 damage apiece at -3 AP. And for 1CP you can pop a stratagem to re-roll on his wounds.

You'll be making 13 attacks with this on average, 12.63 hits, 9.47 wounds against T8, against a 2+ sv or 5+ invuln thats 6.31 failed saves, resulting in 18.95 damage on average against a Land Raider or Imperial Knight. Also he gets an average of 1 mortal wound in on the charge, so round that to an even 20.

Also I forgot to factor in his Warlord trait, that adds +1 damage for each 6+ to Wound.

This 200 point untargetable Character with a 1CP stratagem and relic will pretty much 1shot Knights on the charge, and definitely will kill Land Raiders OR GUILLIMAN no question.

Now that is a motherfucking Carnifex.

I personally like this one

>Purity of Cause
>Endeavouring to forget the corruption of the previous millennium, the Adeptus Ministorum seek penance by conquering the xenos-filled Benedictine Sub-sector. The Black Templars send their entire Chapter to fight alongside five orders of Sisters of Battle and massed armies of faith.
>Several Aeldari worlds are captured, and in the ensuing conflicts, two High Marshals are slain in swift succession. The Ecclesiarch himself declares an end to the war, claiming that they had achieved enough in the Emperor’s name and recalling his armies. New High Marshal Constantine continues the crusade regardless, and the Black Templars alone successfully cleanse the remaining worlds of xenos.

He is the Daemon Prince of Chaos Unwanted.

Are you guys mostly Europeans and East Coasters or something?

Last time I asked about tipping you all seemed perplexed. Here in Seattle we (At least my gaming group and everyone I've ever seen in a gaming shop) tips the manager.

Random user claims GW isn't gonna produce anymore of the old chaos vehicles (pred, rhino, land raider). Still hasn't provided any kind of source or evidence. Make of it what you will.

right... i glued it on but i'll just pretend it's a tzeentch banner, figured a 10-man barebones squad should fit a troop choice nicely

I still don't get why we don't have cyborg Tau.

Basically we know that GW are going to be phasing out the older chaos vehicles and stopping production of them, we don't know if they'll be replacing them with anything new though.

He ascended when he sucked off the geneseed from a thousand dead Imperial Fists and gargled on cum.

>having ____ dudes at all
Just play the fucking game.

We tip on the East coast, just not store managers. Tips are for waitresses, barbers, that kind of thing. Not the guy who owns the place.

>codex creep continues to ramp up
>post yfw sisters and dark eldar stomp everyone in 2018

2/10 bait, one person will reply seriously to you though

Well, Eldrad with 2 Guardian squads and 3 scatbikes is 500 points. I don’t know fuck all about Eldar, but I would probably go with that, an extra bike unit and then figure the rest out.

Pretty rad.

They'll turn him into a nurgle prince once they are done with Fulgrim, Angron and whichevet loyalists they settle on. Provided they still feel like making Primarchs at that point, till then enjoy being literally whitescars tier in terms of relevancy.

Are you sure that OOE can take the relic? All other characters currently can't take relics, and it would be a bit weird if they changed that up just for tyranids.

I remember another Seattlite said something about you being the weird one soooo.

Dark Eldar are already decent, issue with buffing them is buffing Ynarri which are quite broken already.

Its already confirmed that Tyranid 'characters' aren't limited to Hive Fleets, so why not extend that to relics too?

Leakers have said Tyranid special characters can take Relics unlike other factions, just like Tyranid special characters can be taken in any Hive Fleet unlike other factions. We're not 100% on that yet though, they've been wrong about some details.

I like how Tyranid leakers were right in some areas, but wrong in others.

They leaked half of Kraken's trait, and everyone thought it was dog shit... then the other half made the strongest one.

No idea how they got Leviathan's trait so badly wrong though.

Any word on Jormugandr relic?

Do the dark imperium primaris come with helmet options for everyone? I'm considering some hellblasters and I'm wondering if the box set is worth it over just ebaying the models.

Do hellblasters even come with different weapon option

>and the Black Templars alone
Every time I read stuff like that, I mentally add "and their shitton of serfs"

Yes, and they probably adressed that early on since it is different.

Nothing so far about that relics don't work the same, and if that was the case they would probbaly had brought that up on the warhammer community post concerning relics.

>we know that
Complete bullshit. We don't "know" anything of the sort.

What's the 40k general Discord? rev up that autism

>dark imperium
>options
It's a starter set.

>No idea how they got Leviathan's trait so badly wrong though
The guy said Salamanders when he meant Iron Hands, that's all.

Thing is the first leaker was the one who was mostly inaccurate, the second one who took over hasn't been wrong yet, he just forgot to correct some of the stuff the first guy got wrong. I BELIEVE he's the one who said OOE can take the relic, and he's the one who reported the stats for it, so I think this is legit.

>Twin Assault Cannon Baal Predators are exactly the same as Twin Assault Cannon Razorbacks but have 1 more wound and roll 2 dice (picking highest) when advancing
>Razorback can transport 6 models while the Baal Predator can't transport any
>Baal Predator costs 42 points more
What the fuck GW. That "extra" movement and 1 more wound isn't going to help your when you can buy nearly 3 Twin Assault Cannon Razorbacks for every 2 Baal Predators. Is there something I'm missing or are Baal Preds just turboshit compared to Razorbacks?

How the fuck is that a strawman, you idiot?

Talking about the combat squad boxes

Blood Angels don't have a Codex yet, that's what you're missing. Stop comparing placeholder index rules to codex rules.

Baal Pred needs Assault Cannon sponsons and commander hatch weapon options.

Are the new jain zair and last hunt novels post gathering storm?

Does anyone have the Templar audio drama from HH? I really wanna hear it but fuck paying 20$ to Black Library.

Wait for the codex asshat.

Silly to compare index army vs codex army.

Enslavers are probably still the most unpleasant thing the lore's thrown out

Tuska is GWAR-tier metal though

You can add more dakka with sponsors. Also expect BA to get a predator Killshot strategem, and they also take up slots in detachments->more command points.

We are never getting a codex

>The black Templars send their entire chapter

This isn't how the Black Templars work.

Fuck dude, has any other chapter suffered such massive retcons to their fundamental fluff in the last few years?

I had to catch myself before I said stuff about front armor.

I guess you can use them to fill detachments for cp. That's about it.

Which is funny because white scars gained a lot of prominence in 7th, HH and now 8th while IW are still literally who tier

>Kraken Deathleaper can be -4 to hit
Jesus fucking christ. Someone already found an exploit to make Nids basically immune to first turn shooting until they can alpha strike their tunnel stuff.

The last hunt is, I think Zar is too

How do most people kit out their sentinels? Scouts with flamers?
Hot damn I love me some Eversor lore
Have they been around in the fluff lately? The only thing I know about them was them fucking the Old Ones.

Scouts with flamers and blades, armored with lascannons or autocannons are fine if expensive.

I don't know about other players, but I roll Armored with plasma cannons.

Aesthetically, these are patrician.

Cobranon here.

So I'm not sure if I played against a THAT GUY today, but I do know I'm almost positive those new nurgle dice are horribly balanced.

>2000 pts, vs death guard, friendly game
>he's fielding morty, I fielded my baneblade
>quickly drop morty down to 8 wounds since I manage to deploy first
>he fielded 6 squads of poxwalkers/cultists
>and of course, a daemon prince to turbo up morty
>and a fuckton of blightcasters
>plus a few bloat drones
>morty still somehow manages to punch 16 wounds through my baneblade in one shot, bringing it down to 0 wounds
>still manage to wipe out morty and almost everything else he had
>he only won because he grabbed the Prize with a blightcaster, then kept it way behind all his other bloat drones and blightcasters
>he had a bloat drone with 2 wounds, a blightcaster with 3 wounds, and another with 2 wounds left

he had a good 60 tiny-ass mobs pushing up the field...and because fucking all his DG shit had disgustingly resilient, it took forever to cut through. It also feels like he was fielding a full-on competitive list...and fuck those stupid plague dice.

Still, the game was closer than either of us expected, because of some lucky shots with my russes.

also
>unpainted models
>UNPAINTED LoW

some more pics

Ok, let's be real. When is He coming back?

>Silly to compare index army vs codex army.
>Stop comparing placeholder index rules to codex rules.
I'm comparing the Baal Predator to the Razorback in our own army and, unless the Razorback got a massive point decrease in the SM codex and BS updated the BA rules to reflect that drop, I'm using the point costs in our index as well.
I get that comparing placeholders to non-placeholders is stupid, but right now I'm comparing placeholders to our other placeholders, which SHOULD be fine.

bls user, my lil heart can't take such abuse
>tfw all of our special rules will be locked behind a CP paywall
>you want furious charge, better pay that 2 CP sweetie :^D
>oh, you only get furious charge on that one unit btw
>you wanted it on your whole army? slow down son, only one CP buy per phase

ah shit, that was the end of the game. Clicked the wrong handful of images. I had one russ and a tank commander to his weakened bloat drone and blightcasters left. the clutter at the back is just dead models.