Outsider page 120: Beryl learns english

It's that time of the century again fellers!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

well-of-souls.com/outsider/
well-of-souls.com/tower/
well-of-souls.com/outsider/insider.html)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Berly was an attentive and enthusiastic teacher
>Berly was attentive and enthusiastic
Just look at her bedroom eyes in panel 5.

Wish I had the patience to create constructed languages. Also good to see an update, I had just pushed this out of my mind as usual.

>The alphabets match one to one.
How retarded.

More likely certain sounds match one to one

I doubt the symbol that is listed as "e" matches all of the different sounds an "e" can make

There's only 16 characters in that alphabet she's showing him compared to, for example, 26 in English.

There's a lot of ways a language's writing system could diverge from that point. If the two races had similar vocal range I wouldn't think it's really that unbelievable (The vocal range part is. Not really any more than space elves though). There would inevitably be a lot of sounds that the different races just wouldn't really pick up on like japanese with r/l or all those Korean noises I apparently don't hear, but certain things would be bound to work

Could be a different class of characters in the alphabet, we have consonants and vowels. Alternatively could be the numbers and it's a base 16 system, characters would be the corresponding numbers 0-15.
Not saying it's one to one but that might not be the whole alphabet.

Attentive and enthusiastic, but moves too fast.

About what weought to have expected, I guess. You'll never make Final Girl that way Beryl! "Dibs" doesn't work against thirsty Loroi bitches, you know that.

Given how much trouble non-english speakers have when they try to learn english and all of it's different pronunciations, most Loroi would probably have the same problems. Not Beryl of course.

They would also have an alien accent, even beyond any regional accents. I vaguely remember Arioch saying that they sound spanish.

I just check the website for an update like 4 hours ago, is this from his Patron?

yes

I want Beryl to attentively and enthusiastically teach me about face sitting.

I took upon myself to translate it in french, it's taking more time than I expected. Making good progress, tho.

Talon is not amused however.

Post the link to the comic, OP.
well-of-souls.com/outsider/

>Beryl was an attentive and enthusiastic teacher
Once again, Beryl is proven to be best girl.

But she bettah jump them man bones quick, because looks like Talon's on the hunt.

Not posted yet. I got it off the Patreon.

So he took months to get another page up because he decided to create an entire language eh?

No, he's just lazy.

He is working at least in one game, Stars in Shadows.

>EZ PRAT

I see the comic trying to tell us something about Jardin.

No shit, She was on her was to warm xeno dick and got blocked... for now.

>tfw the thread updates at the same speed as the comic
What happened lads?

His other pet project, a video game, had a DLC released last month. He put the comic on hold and spent the better part of the summer and fall working on the DLC and getting it ready for release.

The guy either can't multitask at all or only has enough spare time for one side project at a time.

The comic's story is currently in a boring stretch of exposition with nothing interesting happening. Combine with the slow pace of progress and it isn't going to grab or hold anyone's attention for long.

Anyone have that comic where she thinks that is his penis? I've misplaced it.

A lot of the discussion has been done.

Truth be told, my greatest regret with Outsider is that humanity isn't more interesting so far in it.

I have it, give me some time to dig through my files.

Have we reached consensus on Talon's facial hair?

How is that game now? Are we finally able to play as blue space elves?

It's a pretty decent time waster, but I wouldn't call it good. Another DLC or two might bump it up to good status, but right now it's only worth buying when it's on sale. The biggest problem is that the devs can't quite get beam weapons balanced against carriers and mass driver weapons. No playable elves yet, though the alien races that are in so far are pretty amusing in their own right.

I'm going with the old WW I british pilot stash.

The last three pages had a surprising number of mods.

3 day stubble, accept no substitutes.

THE HOUR IS HERE, THE TIME IS SOON TO COME, THE END IS NIGH!
LIFT YOUR VOICES AND SING IN EXALTATION, FOR AZATHOTH AWAKENS! OBLIVION IS UPON US!

The man runs like six fansites, has a dayjob and is working on a videogame besides.

>The man runs like six fansites, has a dayjob and is working on a videogame besides.
So, what you're telling me is that we easily could have near weekly or at least monthly updates, but the dude has like six other projects going on?
What da fug

Probably not, he still can't justify taking time away from his dayjob

Someone get on this.

>per page
The problem with that scheme is that he'll have to have enough people willing to pay per page and keep paying if he switches to a more frequent update schedule.

True. If he does this full-time, he'll probably have to transition to some other model.

People can cap their monthly contribution, but it can be a bit of a hurdle

Six fansites?

For example: well-of-souls.com/tower/
>This page created on: 09/01/97. Last changed on: 05/25/17.

Goose from Top Gun's 80s fuzz

Why is this in /tg & not /co? Sure it's spaced but not really anything else /tg

This where I've always seen outsider posted, hell its where I got introduced to it. I've only seen it on /co/ once.

>She devoured it all

Why do you, a redditor, feel like you know what belongs where? You don't even belong here.

Ignore him, if it's the guy I think it is he does this every time Outsider gets posted on Veeky Forums and derails the threads.

Waiting for Outsider to update is a traditional game. My grandfather taught me to play in 1981.

Oh god, I remember how that whole thread was basically shitflinging instead of bluish space elf waifu posting.

The guy who makes the comic is incredibly autistic when it comes to worldbuilding. The large info dumps on his website where he explains all the shit that went into creating the setting, much of which will likely never make it into the comic and only exist in order to keep the stuff that does make it into the comic consistent and believable, are what makes it Veeky Forums.

He also spends forever on 3D models for everything.

So, anons, you're a maintenance guy on the Bellarmine and you were standing next to Jardin when it got destroyed, and managed to survive the blast alongside him.

What do you do?

Meme answer? Jerk it on the first blue space elf?

Real answer? Remain reserved and try and make sure Jardin doesn't give away more than he should, use whatever technical skill I got to try and analyze Loroi tech.

Bonus: Hope that they don't see me as a mating partner for Jardin and hope Tempo is bicurious.

/co/ doesn't like outsider. Veeky Forums does.
And it's not like it's a special case, Veeky Forums has excellent storytimes of all kinds of comics from time to time.

I'm 6'2 and very hairy, Loroi would get freaked out and probably take me for a bioengineered shock trooper or menial.
That aside, not much, Jardin isn't really proactive so far, an enlisted would be even less so.
PS: My name means "royal flower of the mantle of the warrior", bitches love pimpin' names like that.

Those hair seem like a safety hazard.

that's just because English is stupid

1/week at 1$ a month, sure why not

spiral best girl

you mean the copilot?

Edits are more fun than the comic.

He stats the characters up in GURPS.

What? GURPS isn't Veeky Forums it's just a meme. It doesn't really exist.

case in point:
(the rest here: well-of-souls.com/outsider/insider.html)

>this comic will soon be older than some anons

The several bars of black on the other one unnerve me.

Another reason why Fireblade is the best: She has nothing to hide. Unlike that she-serpent from intelligence.

I dunno, you can't tell me that that Fireblade doesn't have the penis of a man. I mean the design, the name, all of it.

Time to ask the GURPSfags what it could mean!

Huh! I'll be. I do the same thing with characters in my stories, but just smaller stat blocks as a loose and easy way to model and recall general capability I can reference for consistency when writing. And in a weird way? It brings the character creation habits with me, where I'm wary of creating an 18/18/18/18 perfect with no disadvantages or even quirks.

enjoy

Cool, so what are the potential psionic abilities?
I'm guessing this is all GURPS 3E based on the copyright?

Arioch has a strange and exciting life where he's either working eighty hour weeks in full contractor crisis mode or he's barely working at all because the people who employ him have convinced themselves that everything isn't going to catch on fire like it did last time, until it does, then he works eighty hour weeks again.

>/co/ doesn't like outsider.
Stop being a lying piece of shit. We love it but it's extremely hard talking about great comics that barely updates on /co/. It's easier to do so over here because Veeky Forums can talk about the Sci-fy and game aspect of it.

>And it's not like it's a special case, Veeky Forums has excellent storytimes of all kinds of comics from time to time.
More lies. You story time here and you get MOD.

In the past, I've made several threads on /co/ when outsider updated.
They archived after something like 20 posts.
Then I cut my losses and made the same threads on Veeky Forums, where I had a lot more replies, and dank memes to boot.

>You story time here and you get MOD.
HAHAHAHAHA
There's a storytime on this very board RIGHT NOW, nigga.

Best story time

>More lies. You story time here and you get MOD.
The storytimes of Dredd, Dungeon Meshi, Witch Hat Atelier, Keychain of Creation, and as of right now Elric say otherwise.

Then why the shit did I get MOD when I was story timing Orks in Planes?

I do agree that Fireblade is the best, but she better pick up her game. Talons super upfront and Beryl, seeing her territory being threatened, is stepping up too. Of course the best ending is Harem of all three plus shoe girl

Because you were being a faggot, probably.

There's also a storytime of Elf now, because why not storytime webcomics after all? Plus crosslinks to /co/ threads.

>still no Tempo
Good, good. My background waifu is the orange haired listel on the bridge.

I see Cassiopeia Quinn here sometimes. Not often on /co/, there's some kind of hateboner against I think the writer. Kind of sad because the writer and artist were from this site. It's not the best comic in the world, but from what I see just tries to be fun. Has some pretty decent waifus in slime or merlady styles, and some crazy cyborgs.

Because some mod saw it and decided to delete.

Whatever is considered "not Veeky Forums" depends entirely on whatever the mod(s) happen to feel.

>there's some kind of hateboner against I think the writer.

What the hell?
Haven't browsed /co/ in years but he used to be well respected, what happened?

Last time I saw a bitchfest about it (so it may just be a small but vocal minority?) the biggest problem with Gunwild is political posts. Also I think something about him having an ego that isn't justified by his writing. The comic is meandering, cliche tripe, Cassiopeia is a Mary Sue who always wins by being lolrandumb, only some of the side characters are interesting and have actual character arcs. Stuff like that.

It surprises me a bit since the comic is just meant to be silly. It's not meant to be overly serious and certainly isn't meant to be some kind of great work of western society. Just fun and cute shit. Got to admit, though, I mostly appreciate it for Psu's work. If it wasn't for the pretty art I might not bother to keep up with it regularly.

This one’s gold.

What is this comic about, some dude gets picked up by space elves?

If /co/ can't settle down and enjoy a cheesecake space comic by everyone's favorite intergenerational lesbian incest fic author and artist duo then I guess I have no reason to ever go back.
What a shame.

Earth makes it to the stars, encounters space refugees running from a HUGE FUCK ASS WAR. Tell the humans that the two main sides of the war are going all out and Earth is probably gonna have to pick a side if they encounter them. Earth sends a scouting mission to make contact. Blue Space Elves find the Mission first.

>intergenerational lesbian incest fic author

That's what made him popular in the first place, he wrote a bunch of momcest stories back when /co/ still liked W.I.T.C.H.
Psu illustrated

talon has some good faces

Never bothered with WITCH so I guess that's why I have prior knowledge.

posts with obscure internet trivia like this are the reason I still go to Veeky Forums.
That and the 300 pages essays about yuri.

/co/ like the art and had no idea that gunwild was the "writer"

>Also I think something about him having an ego that isn't justified by his writing

This is it. You don't really need a writer for cheesecake qt stuff

To our knowledge. Atleast 7 mission were sent to several locations.

>You don't really need a writer for cheesecake qt stuff
Maybe, but I'm not going to throw a bitch fit if they have it. Otherwise people would have a bitchfest about Oglaf, and Veeky Forums loves it too much for that.

I was probably one guy throwing it like how that one guy on theses throw always throws a bitch fit about the Micky Mouse song

He also did Avatar, /co/'s Daughter of Doctor Doom waifu, and a bunch of other shit I can't remember off the top of my head

He was prolific in his day