/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2/posts/2018962
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/whatever-happened-to-my-transylvania-twist-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
I can't think of many hunter groups that would outright use monsters as weapons, You could use Pentex, but there evil or you could use the new British hunter group, if you really want to do Hellsing.
>5th edition cliffnotes
pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>New Deviant preview
theonyxpath.com/one-of-a-kind-deviant-the-renegades/

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?817741-RPG-Industry-sexual-harassment-Mentzer-abuse-and-what-do-we-do-about-it&p=21468785#post21468785
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Fabio werewolf.

The Geist preview should replace the Deviant preview. Move the Deviant preview under news.

What's it like playing Mummy (either of them)?

Shouldn't renegade be updated Geist? Or Hunter playtest?

By the way has anyone tried playintesting it? How did it go?

Resurrection: Blowing everything the fuck up and being a surprisingly moral monster. Kind of a prototype Geist 1e, though the focus is clear, "Fight the forces of Set."

Curse: Hunt for the ancient relics of the forgotten civilization you are once part of and supernaturally compelled to be loyal to, while discovering the terrible secrets of both the past of your people and your own.

What are some ways to boost spell damage in nMage besides just going for dice penalties for potency every time? Should I use combined spells at Gnosis 3? It looks like they give you a doubled potency for just -2 dice.

what the hell have they done to WoD in 20t anniversary

Is Fabiowolf our Marcus Barros now?

I kinda feel like statting this guy. Rahu, Ghost Wolf, what else? Striking Looks? Iron Stamina?

Beckett Jyhad Diary when?

That would probably count as stacking spells, since while the two attack spells are different, they're affecting the same aspect of the subject: Health. So only the highest Potency spell would take effect on the subject. Combined spells are so you can pull off two separate effects in one casting. They don't stack the same effects. The weaker one that has the same effect is suppressed. Plus, it's not like the Potency of attack spells relies solely on dice penalties. You can boost the Primary Spell Factor of any spell until it meets your Arcanum rating, and then you would add on penalties. So the best way to boost damage is probably with Rotes that use your good Skills. Plus, the extra Reach means you can go for the additional effects some attack spells have that could potentially cause more damage without having to use your Dedicated Tool or spend Mana to mitigate Paradox.

You should see what they're doing to it with 5th Edition.

Is OPP worth supporting?

No. It's full of leftists, rapists and feminists

Overall I would say it's worth showing support for the games you like by buying their material. I wouldn't contribute to their Kickstarters.

>rapists

Does that mean that they might be gaf'd in the near future?

hopefully. The guy behind Beast got already shit for that, so perhaps, there is hope

>OPP
>No. It's full of leftists, rapists and feminists

>and reptiles fetishists.

What did they do?

I heard each version of mummy in owod was really different, any one got any examples of this they remember?

Dude, what's your reading comprehension? Read . If you already did and were looking for further examples you should probably have specified.

>the virgin changeling
>the chad werewolf

Basically I heard the fluff that was changed between 1st/2nd/revised of mummy (talking about owod here) were significantly more different than other games lines.

Like the overall your mummy and fight set was the same, but everything else changed.

but this isn't really first hand info, so thats why Im asking.

They said oWoD, so they're talking about the three editions of Mummy, where one was more or less an Egyptian reskin of Vampire, one was about recovering lost memories (still a Vampire reskin), and one was Resurrection.

Also speaking of Mummy, looks like the Mummy: The Curse 1e developer has allegations of sexual harassment, anti-Semitism and taking credit for other people's work coming out: forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?817741-RPG-Industry-sexual-harassment-Mentzer-abuse-and-what-do-we-do-about-it&p=21468785#post21468785

honestly when your dealing with rpg games they are going to be made by antisocial nerds
this has obvious consequences.
one of the many things antisocial nerds are good at is being bad at respecting others sexual boundries.

And being recruited into cults.

and making games that require social interaction, despite being inept at such.

Sideburns are stupid

He's a vampire/werewolf hybrid who happens to look like a demon when he transforms though.

>vampire/werewolf hybrid

So he's a huge faggot on both ends

Of course he does. Just looking through the initial post though, there doesn't seem to be very much evidence, although there might be some in the hundred some pages of the thread. But I would be surprised. The guy complains about there being a lot of "misogynistic defence of Mr. Mentzer" which from my experience probably translates to "not immediately believing the words of a woman who claims to be a victim like it's gospel", and Paizo "covering up" the harassment probably translates to him just denying it. Maybe because it didn't happen, maybe because he's actually covering it up. It means the same thing to this guy, I imagine.

It's also worth noting that I didn't see an allegation about him physically sexually harassing anybody, just being an old creepy guy. But I could have missed it. Either way, it all depends on the evidence. Or it should.

Why would you want to boost damage done by Mages? They're easily the heaviest hitters in the setting.

I thought old mummy just had first and second, no revised?

Because mathematically 6-7 bashing (that's what you can scrounge on gnosis 2 arcanum 3 with some penalties) won't one-shot a human.

Lesser mages don't just pummel their foes, user. That's Adept/Master business. They use their surroundings.

Why do Bashing when you can just cause the house to explode instead?

Apparently the thread is closed and sexual harassment discussion on RPGnet is verboten until the mod team comes up with some new rules concerning how to do allegations.

What if I don't want to go WAR CRIMES right at the first session? Besides, I'm talking something like "5 gang members ask you to five them your smartphone in an alley" situation.

Working on a ventrue npc in a vtr game whats necessary for the fellow to have large amounts of animals gathering to anounce his presence?

His backstory is funny though, he was ressurected by a hot teenage witch, basically meaning that Hell owns his soul but the witch works for an horror attraction park whose employees are true monsters wageslaves who do it because if they are fired then they die and go to Hell.
He became an hybrid only because the resident vampire and werewolf both wanted a new vampire or werewolf and they bite him both several times.

What is this comic called

Use a spell that creates a falsely perceived iphone that is in reality a tarantula

Meant to reply to

Do you mean that they're trying to figure out a way to do allegations that doesn't immediately devolve into treating the accused as if they were found guilty in a court of law for raping all their grandmas?

Wait wait, I know hunter only had one edition and the main three had all three editions, what's the story on the others?

Zombillenium

You wouldn't want to hit Sleepers with an attack spell anyway. Paradox would be manageable, especially at a low Gnosis, but you would catch shit for it. Breaking the Precept of Secrecy, causing breaking points through Quiescence , those are no-nos that your character should take seriously, unless he's a loose cannon who doesn't play by the rules. Do you have a game coming up, or are you just asking?

>>and reptiles fetishists.

Worse than the rapist

Or they are trying to find a way that can't be used against them after what happened to BHM.

Game coming up. I aksed for some character advice before, and now I'm thinking about how to handle common thugs and such with my prime 3 force 2.

They seem to be working out pretty well for that dude.

it had 3 editions.
1st 2nd an revised( aka 3rd)

The name of the revised version was Mummy the ressurection.

Changeling: 1st and 2nd edition.
Hunter and Demon: only Revised edition

Mummy, KotE, and Wraith, I couldn't say off the top of my head. Check the wiki, I guess.

What? You gonna keep a tarantula in your pocket just in case your going to get robbed?

Wraith: 1st and 2nd
KotE: 2nd, with a rules update to 3rd in KotE companion and VtM Storyteller's Guide.
Mummy: see

Wouldn't be weirder than guy who walks with umbrella on sunny day.

Control Sound, try to mimic police sirens.
Telekinetic Strike, slug it out.
Kinetic Efficiency, run for it, drop the spell and turn invisible when you round a corner.

I heard a rumor that they were remaking the Gypsises game, i dont know how accurate it is.

Anyways, here is a challenge for you. How do you make that splatbook not racist.

By throwing it in a dumpster fire.

Make it factual as hell. No judgements, just cold hard statistics and facts.

They can bitch all they want, but they can't run from the truth.

Without doing that.

For starters. The fucking everything??
>name is literally a slur
>treating real people like some supernatural creatures
>basing entire premise on prejudices and believes that were used to justify prosecution as if they were harmless

Whoever thought of this concept better have lost their career, and whoever decides to bring it back should too.

>Whoever thought of this concept better have lost their career,
i don't think they did.

Who needs world of darkness, this world is rotten to its core.

In the current year you have to be inclusive, so I would add additional splats like jews and magical negroes.

Call them Fortunetellers, Moneyhoarders, and Tribesmen and act surprised when people call you racist.

How about magic burgerland people?

Oh and to make it all worse add Skinheads as antagonists but make conflict morally grey.

Basically, the problem is with parts of the fluff that link it to real world groups?

If you remove that, it would work much?(balance is another issue).

World of Darkness: Clappers?

The book is stupid but gypsies should be kept separated from the wider society

There is still problem with you basically stealing your premise from mouth of racists and instead of saying "what if they were right" you say "okay but what if there were people/creatures like that."
But people love goblins, tieflings and orcs so you never know.

I think you need to be held accountable for what you say.

Agreed.

Will you hold Romani to this standard as well?

If I heard them spewing genocidal shit? Yes.

Are the powers offensive when removed from that context?

That's honestly where my knowledge ends.

>genocidal
>Genocide is intentional action to destroy a people in whole or in part
>should be kept separated from the wider society

btw, let me guess, you're a burger and have never met a real life gypsy in your life?

Gypsies are fucking drug addicts who beg and still shit where I live.

>*steal

And you are sounding less and less like an idiot and more and more like a crypto-fascist, so go you.

Not him, but replace gypsies with nogs and it's probably the same.

>doesn't actually answer my points
>umm you're a fascist
This is the power of reddit & tumblr.
Explain to me why being a fascist is inherently wrong.

You don't. That's sort of the point.

Mundane adversaries are normally not a threat to you. It's wiser to ghost by them or manipulate things from a far instead of nuking people who pose no threat to you.

I would be more interested in knowing what a crypto-fascist is.

>defends fascism

Fascists and racists trying to pass for just ignorant idiots to hide and spread their propaganda.

>avoids question
>spams buzzword
>confuses fascism with simple racism

A brainlet through and through

Wouldn't spreading their propaganda under the guise of an idiot actually be counterproductive?

Riddle me fucking this chucklefuck: Why should I bother? You've already confessed to subscribing to one of the two most disgusting ideologies in existence and are obviously just doing this for cheap laugh. What do I have to gain? Buzz off.

Calm down, friend ;).

Anyway, I do not consider myself a fascist. As I told you, being racist =/= being fascist.

Get ye gone, redditor!

ChroD core sample chronicle Proposition 279 sure didn't age well, huh?

who would have thought that the guy who pushed a pro-islam view in most of the WoD books he worked on was an antisemite.

IIRC his antisemitism is actually just a dislike for Israel. Which is completely rational, Israel a shit.

>tfw after years of internal struggles finally accepted that awakening is better than ascension
is this what a harrowing feels like

He admitted to either being Muslim or a Belieber?

What decent writers that are not crypto-communists, antisemites, furries, rapists, plagiators or radical feminists does OPP have left?

>antisemitism is actually just a dislike for Israel. Which is completely rational, Israel a shit.
look, pro-palestine guy is back again. Nice to see that the cancer in these threads always stays the same. We only miss /x/ guy now

No user, it's just an Awakening.

You don't have to care about Palestine to realize that Israel is shit. It's all but in name a theocratic police state that commits constant human rights violations and is conducting a quiet campaign manifest destiny based on the borders of nation that hasn't existed for over 2500 years that none of its occupants have any genetic links to. It's also one of the world's biggest hotspots for sex slavery and human trafficking, even moreso than its shitty Islamist neighbors, which is a pretty incredible feat.

Martin stated that he feels like a remake of the Gypsies book, using some facts and mostly to 'play on the fear of the Other' that seems to be happening in Europe? I dunno.