Are you guys aware that in Total War: Warhammer II...

Are you guys aware that in Total War: Warhammer II, there is a unique High Elf Lord you can recruit called Alastar the White Lion?

Apparently he was added to the game after a seriously ill child called Alistair made a wish to the Make A Wish Foundation here in the UK to have a tour of Creative Assembly's development studios because he wasn't only a massive fan of the Total War series, but also Warhammer Fantasy.

CA decided to add a new lord into the game for him and it became Alastar the White Lion, because Alistair was a huge fan of both the High Elves and the White Lions of Chrace.

I think that's pretty cool. I think we can do more than that, because Alastar is actually a pretty cool lord in the game and so I don't see why we can't make up some cool lore about this character and maybe even some tabletop stats. Come on Veeky Forums, this is a possibly dying child who loves what we do. Let's at least immortalize him with some cool unofficial lore.

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Korhil
youtube.com/watch?v=JN5SmAWnQNo
warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Sack_of_Marienburg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I recruited him but I never knew that, he was baller in my campaign I had him chasing out Skaven with a band of white lions and dragons.

Fuck yeah, let's do that. I have one idea which I don't know if it would be appropriate or maybe too much:
Alistar was once a sick child...

That's cute. Also kid has good taste, White Lions are awesome.

Then Alastar should definitely have a purge-on for Skaven, I think

Now we just need to find a dying kid who wants WFB back. But knowing GW they'd send him a box of Stormcasts and tell him to look forward to next years releases.

Dumb grognard

>spoiler
I wouldn't start with that. Lets just make him pure badass, like any young kid would want.

In-game, you can unlock an ability that gives you a stat boost, fluffed as a lion cub if I remember rightly. Should definitely feature in the story.

>Implying they should do anything else

Dying children shouldn't be given the power to bend reality to their will.

Well, I maybe wanted to develop it further that he becomes a badass despite, but sure.

By the way there is a white lion hero in the high elf armybook, if we want to look at some stats for the tabletop.
>warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Korhil

Lmao Alistair was like the only elf lord I could remember the name of between battles other than Tyrion, I always treated him as the comedic relief incompetent lord and let my shitty lords train up by beating his ass whenever he showed up.

Yeah well alastar is currently sitting on my territory near couroune with an entire stack doing nothing and two agents stealing my tech even though we have a non aggression pact and a trade agreement

So fuck that guy, he’s about to get The Lance(tm)

When exactly do high elves and the empire fight in fluff like that pic?

Marienburg raiders trying to get some Ulthuan goodies?

The other way around, High Elves once raided Marienburg for shits and giggles. But they rarely fight.

>Dying children shouldn't be given the power to bend reality to their will.

But that would be a really cool campaign setting.

>2017
>Playing any TW game anymore
The series died with Rome 2

Man, that is incredibly cool.

Okay, so, let's do this. I feel the best way to write this characters is to go through their:

>Youth
>Calling to Heroism
>Motivation
>Current Conflict

What was Alastor's youth like? Where did he come from? I must confess, I don't know a huge amount about Ulthuan, so I'm not much help here.

White lions were originally woodsman who saved Caledor the Pheonix king from assassins, in order to become a Whitelion now involves a showing great courage and also slaying a white lion of chrace.

Also we should remember that this guy is a lord so he's probably a noble aswell

>Alastor
Is this some kind of joke where everyone gets his name wrong on purpose? I typed his name wrong as well I'm still advocating that Alastair was a sickly child that nobody believed could every become something like a white lion. BUT...

Maybe he was born sickly, but took up his father's axe in the defense of one of the gods' temples against Chaos invaders, and seemingly overcame his illness, striking down the leader of the raiders.

Let's make him more focused on fighting Chaos, by the way. There's enough High Elf heroes with hateboners for Dark Elves as a core part of their characterization. Maybe by defending [x] temple he was chosen do strike some kind of grievous blow against the Ruinous Powers?

I feel like we should combined the two, instead of some great feat of strength or skill, his was one of courage.
Maybe in the face of overwhelming adversity he as a sickly child took up an axe, and faced a chaos champion, in order to buy time, knowing that he would die. After he falls the white lions make him an honorary member, and he's even given the title lord by the Phoenix king posthumous.... Which makes it a wee bit awkward when he gets resurrected by the gods.

I really, really, really wanted to like him and I recruited him as soon as I could, but I couldn't get over the fact his portrait isn't animated. It felt like a cheap mod, and it kept distracting me because it felt out of place with the rest of the graphics.

>born sickly, his father who is a white lion is ashamed of him
>chaos marauders raid his villade and kill his mother
>Alastair manages to flee into the woods of Chrace
>there Kurnous appears to him and with a sip from his drinking horn, Alastair is rejuvinated and returns to his village with Woodsaxe in hand and clothed in nothing but a lions pelt
>he hunts down and kills all the marauders
>is accepted into the White Lions

A bit too much deus ex machina for my taste. How about he was, after fleeing from the marauders, attacked in the woods by a white and killed the lion with his own hands while fighting for survival. He then realized that fleeing is not an option and with his new found strength!...

Agreed, high and dark elves are breathing down each others neck often enough.

In my High Elf game, I sent that dude to wage war against the Druchii, where he spent a long campaign of guerrilla warfare in the chaos corrupted Druchii lands, eventually culminating in him and his cohort of White Lions and other Asur, slaying a powerful Druchii sorcerer and her forces which were serving Morathi. That gained Morathi's ire, and I had to pull Alastar and his surviving forces out of Nagarroth with great haste, because had he remained, he would have died there.
The chaos corruption of those tainted lands drove him mad tho.

>is sick
>Miraculously cured

That's a low blow and heavy handed.

you should work Kurnous in there some way seeing how he's the patron god of the Chracians.

Perhaps a giant white Stag staring him down and breaking a piece of antler which Alastair uses to kill the Lion?

what kind of a heroes tale is it without divine revelation
youtube.com/watch?v=JN5SmAWnQNo
you could leave that one out and repalce it with a "hope rekindled" type of part. Maybe he's mortally wounded in his escape instead? Or had a riding accident at young age.

Veeky Forums, the most Reddit board on Veeky Forums.

How about he becomes sick because of being slowly poisoned by a dark elf, making it look like a illness. He could find a way to discover the fact he's being poisoned and tries to hunt down whoever and how they're doing it

Please no more dark elves. Why would that dark elf even target him, specifically him, in the first place.

Eh, I think we can go without. He isn't supposed to be one of the big heroes that consorts with the gods.

you and i both know the most Reddit board on this site is /pol/.

Don't reply to trolls, dummy.

my bad bro, i just could not stop myself.

you don't have to be one of the "big heroes" to have divine revelations. He doesn't even need to consort with a god in that sense, it's just a divination that marks the turning point of his life, turning from a victim into a hunter.
you could also work in the White Lion himself as a standing for Kurnous testing him, but that wouldn't work as well imo.

Okay, we probably have both different visions of how this story should unfold. I think putting Kurnous into this makes it less about a plucky hero finding strength and bravery in himself, but just another chosen one being pushed around by higher powers. Just so that we understand each other.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if we put something ambigeously mystical into this, like for some reason he is completely healed afterwards for no good reason, or linking this lion in some way to Kurnous without making it 100% obvious.

I've never proposed for him to be a chosen of Kurnous, but simply for him to find his faith and strenght in an hour of need. An epiphany so to say. A Huge stag staring at him and looking dissapointed, spurning him on to become a great warrior is in my opinion not as heavy handed as you make it sound. You could spin it in a way that he decides to redeem himself in the eyes of his village/father/kurnous

Why not keep him sick? That's his Courage: he fights every day knowing that at any minute he could fall. Where others lay down and die, he refuses and takes up arms.

I don't think a formerly afflicted boy would want his character to stay sick.

>Come on Veeky Forums, this is a possibly dying child who loves what we do

I've been watching LPs of Warhammer II where people who know a lot more about the situation than I do said the kid's in remission and is doing better.

>and seemingly overcame his illness, striking down the leader of the raiders.

That sounds like Isha.

Isha is Kurnous wife, he could ask her for a favour.

>tfw I always use him to run around and collect treasure on the seas where he most likely ends up getting killed by the bret pirates
I should feel bad but I don't

That's awesome.

I think it'd be better if rather than getting a goddess cure, he gets a moment of holy strength through his great courage, being the only one to stand up and fight at the gates of a temple. After that, the Lions decide he's got the stuff, and he works ten times harder than everyone else, while possibly taking similar alchemical treatments as Teclis, in order to become a White Lion.

Let's give him a nemesis too. Some asshole Norscan that escaped when the raid turned south?

If the kid has gone into remission then we don't have to feel bad about making Alastar sickly in his youth. I think making him fight through his affliction through sheer grit and hot blooded animu power is good

>Let's give him a nemesis too. Some asshole Norscan that escaped when the raid turned south?

The best nemeses are either the most similar, or the most different to the main character. This would mean either a Norscan runt that got powered up through hard work and the Chaos Gods, or a haughty Dark Elf asshole that was born into power and ability, but has largely squandered it in favor of easy pickings.

Maybe he slew a nurglite champion?

warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Sack_of_Marienburg

Pirates from Marienburg raided Ulthuan, elves decided to teach them a lesson

Inhale new, exhale faggot

Go back to /v/

That's actually pretty good.

>Are you guys aware that in Total War: Warhammer II, there is a unique High Elf Lord you can recruit called Alastar the White Lion?
Kroq-Gar killed him, fuck High elves.

White Lions are such a badass concept, but in practice whenever I make the mistake of using them they get slaughtered like cattle. That low armor just makes them not worth their cost. I always get a couple so I can progress Tyrion's personal quest then immediately replace them with Swordmasters of Hoeth.

Then you'd get a villain who conditions children to obey him, and does horrible things to them en masse, in order to wield even more reality bending power.

This is unnecessarily edgy.

>marien(((burg)))
>empire.

>dying kid has opportunity to fix Total War
>gets a self-insert instead
Selfish little fuck.

Should we take it to the next warhammer fantasy general? It doesn't seem like we get much done today. Of course we shouldn't force ourselves.

It always does make me happy when game company does shit like this. It's like when Erik the Slayer was added to Skyrim. It's a small gesture, but it gave me something fun and likeable.

Fuck off cunt.

Ooh, I like this, I like this a lot.

>>dying kid has opportunity to fix Total War
>>gets a self-insert instead

> made a wish to the Make A Wish Foundation here in the UK to have a tour of Creative Assembly's development studios
> made a wish to have a tour of the Creative Assembly's development studios
> made a wish to have a tour

> CA decided to add a new lord into the game for him and it became Alastar the White Lion, because Alistair was a huge fan of both the High Elves and the White Lions of Chrace.
> CA decided to add a new lord into the game for him
> CA decided
> CA
> decided

Learn to read, the kid wished to tour the development studio, the self-insert lord was CA's decision. Besides the fact, if it wasn't, what could he have fixed with his wish?

Okay then

>Alastar, Lion of Isha
>born to a noble house of one of Chrace's coastal cities
>though he showed great talent and was a dexterous, driven youth, Alastar's childhood sickness seemingly destined him for a courtly life
>on the cusp of adulthood, Alastar found his home besieged by raiders from far-off Norsca, come to plunder its halls and spread death in the name of Nurgle
>with the city guard driven back to the inner city, Alastar was among those who took refuge in the Temple of Isha
>when the marauders came to its doors, led by a hulking champion of the Ruinous Powers, those within cowered behind the gates and allowed the few White Lions still standing at the temple steps lay down their lives in its defense
>all but Alastar, who took up one of the fallen axes strewn about, and flung himself to battle in defense of that holy place
>though sickly and quickly running short of breath, he confronted the putrid champion that led the Northmen
>the debased human laughed at his shaking frame and sweat-slicked palms, promising to send his soul to Nurgle with but a single strike from his great mace
>Alastar, refusing to relent, replied that he had little left to fear from a god of sickness, and in that moment those Lions left to bear witnessed him strike a blow that seemed impossible for one of his frame
>there was a strength in him as if sent by Isha herself, and with one great sweep he clove the Northman's weapon in twain, splitting his helm and tearing his head in two in the same mighty blow
>astonished by the death of their lord, the marauders recoiled, allowing the city's defenders to entrench themselves and hold until reinforcements forced the Northmen from Ulthuan's shores
>hailed as a hero and thought to be blessed by Isha, Alastar was given the chance to prove himself worthy of service within the White Lions. It was a bitter task, but he managed to not only succeed, but excel, recognized not only for his martial skill but his prudent mind and good heart

>lion of isha
>can only dedicate himself to kurnuous

Nobody stops a chracien high elf to be blessed by other gods of the elf pantheon.

Pretty good.

>dedicated to Kurnous
>blessed by his wife

Seems legit to me.

Honestly that sounds like the good kind of edgy. Where it's really dark and grim and clearly outside the bounds of comfortability enough that maybe even murder hobos might be driven by some level of empathy.

It's not cringey dogshit about half-[insert something here] with a dark and sordid past that throws around stupid swords and wants to kill everything, that's been done to death and everyone makes fun of it.

How about having a half-[insert something here] with a hidden past that throws around stupid swords and wants to save everyone?

>Then you'd get a villain who conditions children to obey him, and does horrible things to them en masse

Bonedad's totally safe and ethical elevator ride for children

can you only recruit him as Tyrion? does he buff lions?

Hello! Thank you for contacting the "Make Three Wishes" foundation! How old is the child in question, how fatal is their sickness, and how may we use our Djinn powers to grant their wishes for anything other than health and wellness?

yes
yes

This guy looks like someone out of a David Bowie movie in the 80s.

Rather fitting.

>CA has opportunity to fix Total War
>decides to get some kid a self-insert instead
Selfish little cunts.

(you)

>fix total war
apart from GW's extreme jewishness total war is at the best it has ever been.
>We could literally have had a warcraft total war if it was not for GW's assholery
feels bad man.

>But knowing GW they'd send him a box of Stormcasts and tell him to look forward to next years releases.

This.

It’s stuff like this that bring tears to my eyes.

Still not buying your stupid shit, CA. Torrenting every single piece of shit you create.

Is this better or worse than TWarhammer I?

I think this is nice. Makes me like CA.

t. bitter historycuck.

>get qt elf princess waifu.

I torrented the last three historical games too. Fuck CA.

They call him, The lion of Chrace....

t. johann

Pirate fag, your scum, and you aren't welcome here.

I torrent Paradox games too.

My scum what?